saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:09 am

Post by saulres »

Hey look what I found. Just putting it out here.

In post 1826, Kublai Khan wrote:You are a
Player Recruiter

At night, PM the mod with the name of a mafia player not in the game and the mod will PM them a random alignment & role.

You win if 5 people actually join the game this way and start playing.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:10 am

Post by Amrun »

Oh, by the way, maniacal lemon is the only role so far that I can't see scum ever getting EVER - it's terrible for town, but absolutely game-breaking for scum.

That being said, I wish he'd be useful.

p-edit: Yes, that role sounds much more reasonable, balance-wise.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:12 am

Post by BBmolla »

?

Yes that's probably where my role came from.

@Amrun:
...That pretty much is my role, except I neighborize them as well. Also minus the third party win condition.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:14 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 725, saulres wrote:
random alignment
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:20 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 728, Amrun wrote:
random alignment

Why would this make more sense. Are you saying it'd make more sense if they flipped a coin to determine my recruit's alignment? Giving either scum a huge bonus or giving town a minimal one? I still retain that's silly.

Also, just looking at my PM, it doesn't even mention alignment it just says they get sent a Role PM.

*shrug*
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:26 am

Post by Phillammon »

My role was heavily modified too, I'm prepared to believe him, tbh.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:38 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 729, BBmolla wrote:
random alignment

Why would this make more sense. Are you saying it'd make more sense if they flipped a coin to determine my recruit's alignment? Giving either scum a huge bonus or giving town a minimal one? I still retain that's silly.

Also, just looking at my PM, it doesn't even mention alignment it just says they get sent a Role PM.

*shrug*

So you DON'T KNOW your recruitment's alignment.

And yes, recruits being of either alignment is definitely more balanced than all of one or the other. Without the random modifier, especially, the mod can just decide which alignment is better for balance and the gamestate. It also proves my point of how terrible your argument for yourself being town is.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by Captain Haddock »

In post 708, BBmolla wrote:
In post 703, Captain Haddock wrote:A. There's no benefit to quicklynching compared to lynching later, and you argued the pros if 2birds was town.
B. Is the most ridiculous excuse I've ever read. Why not quicklynch every game to be nice to replacements

A proved that roles are possibly bastard. This is really fucking important.
B, replacements voluntarily join a game, I recruited Tierce, meaning she just got thrown a PM(according to her she wasn't even asked if she wanted to play). Wouldn't you be upset if you got a role PM for a game you didn't sign up for and had to read 30 pages to catch up?

Your arguments are shit Haddock.

A. That would make it all right if he was quicklynched and flipped town?
B. I didn't think of that but if I didn't want to play I would replace out. I do know I would still want a decent amount of pages.

So shit you have to ignore half of them? I only really wanted the bottom half of it answered. That you devolve discussion about your alignment to your role is very telling. It's also very telling that you've only been defending yourself today rather than pushing a suspect. Here's the quote.
In post 600, Captain Haddock wrote:91, 93
These are the first two really scummy posts from BBmolla. He, despite being an experienced player, disagrees with basic principles of mafia to justify an anti-town stance on quicklynching, even though he must know that quicklynching wastes a Day and is only in scum's interest. In the second he said scum would defend a buddy doomed from Day 1, and argued the pros of a 2birds quicklynch if he was town! I really can't see any of that coming from town.

This is the worst post of all, and was completely ignored by everybody else. He asks another player if he has a power! What townie wants to reveal if someone has an active power? This strikes me as semi-subtle rolefishing he thought(correctly...) he could get away with.

This is the first time he called me scum,
coincidently
after I was put under a little pressure. I expect he was hoping I would go off him when he first responded to me, because before then he didn't give an opinion at
all
. This blatent opportunism was also ignored.

If BBmolla was trying to draw the nighkill, why has he posted 0 reasons for lynching anyone? Whenever he's voted since the guilty child his "reasoning" was some variation of:"his posts suck", even though his own posts were rolefishing, fluff and going on about his role.

BBmolla either purposely avoided it or isn't reading half the thread because it appeared at the TOP of page 25 AND I linked to it.

In post 723, Phillammon wrote:
Point 2 I've already made my position clear on. He's disregarding what was actually said in favour of subtext. Subtext, I hasten to add, utterly contradicted by said actual wording. I'm willing to take it on face value.

HE ASKED HIM IF HE HAD AN ACTIVE POWER! HOW IS THAT TAKING IT OUT OF CONTEXT? IS ASKING SOMEONE ABOUT A POST RESTRICTION ROLEFISHING?

In post 724, BBmolla wrote:
@Haddock
: What is your read on Oversoul?

null-town.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Post by Tierce »

Oh for pity's sake.

VOTE: Oversoul

And no, I am not going to softclaim my role to you.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by Oversoul »

BBmolla... these last two pages... holy crap. :\

Why would you vote Maniacal?

Tierce, I wouldn't have asked you to, slumlord.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

<<catching up working on a post I don't want prodded while writing it

btw I doubt anyone will be able to give an answer to this, but did anyone by chance find an indication in the worst ideas thread about MB going off when he did? Apart from his PR changing it all seems rather random. I know this is worst ideas and all but I was expecting something much more climantic. Maybe I just ain't read enough yet
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
knox
knox
Goon
knox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by knox »

In post 735, PokerFace wrote:<<catching up working on a post I don't want prodded while writing it

btw I doubt anyone will be able to give an answer to this, but did anyone by chance find an indication in the worst ideas thread about MB going off when he did? Apart from his PR changing it all seems rather random. I know this is worst ideas and all but I was expecting something much more climantic. Maybe I just ain't read enough yet

knox
knox
Goon
knox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by knox »

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I suppose that could be it. Most solid answer I can find. Still strikes me as arbitrary for an attention whore. Gonna break my writings up into parts so its easier to convey what I'm thinking while I'm catching up.

Part 1:
In post 519, PokerFace wrote:
@BBMolla and others

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p3963757
I really wish I could access the direct quote feature when I write posts at night but links will have to do throughout this post. Sorry if that bothers anyone. Can you answer my questions or explain why its bad bro? Also your rhyme schemes overall are poor:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p3955566
all on one line? Is sylables or commas or pauses what you go by then?
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p3959095
guess not
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p3955578
folks, birds, dead and head. This is not the usual pattern you have used.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p3955739
You ryme line to line (A A B B) and then some times you rhyme A B A B scheme all in one post
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p3958925
do Day and Lame rhyme? No! I really think your are faking and you saying its bad bro without addressing me is horible. You are using said rymes to avoid actually addressing me. The best essence of a post restriction faker.

What is rhyming without a true pattern? I don't consider it rhyming at all. If you required no pattern and only rymes I don't think you'd need to use extra fluff like you did a few times in your posts.

Vote: BBmolla

@ice guy and everyone I address here:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p3963215
that didn't respond before, please do

In post 520, BBmolla wrote:My post restriction is actually fake.

Any other reasoning for thinking I'm scum?

Yes. Faking a PR as you did while
dodging my earlier questions for one
and that is something all scum PR fakers wish to achieve. They wish to dodge suspicion as long as possible. Thank you for admiting to that deed. You should have no trouble answering my questions now so let's see how well you do.

bolded is me

In post 525, BBmolla wrote:Feel free to ask me whatever.

If I was scum faking a PR, I'd make sure it was flawless. If you honestly think that's the case here, you're silly.

I still said what I wanted to say through my rhymes.

Poker's "case" on me is still trash.
In post 396, PokerFace wrote:
@BBmolla,
I don't get his early attempt to look confirmed
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p3959020
last time I played trying to look or appear confirmed, I was scum
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p3955739
Molla was the first to discredit the masons before they came out as neighbors and he discredited them before everyone knew who they were
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p3956818
This strikes me as a mafioso trying to put down a usually confirmed and pwerful role before it can help the town. And I tend to agree with Haddock when it comes to your fishing and quick lynching
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p3958688
Also your PR is highly amusing, simple, and not very determental. Given our mod's so far cruelness and how the other PR's appear, I would say your PR is the one most likly to be fake. Tell me, must you end every line with a rhyme every time or is their some lenancy on your postings or penalties?

His first reason is him applying his meta to me, which is dumb as hell. "Trying to look or appear confirmed" is not something I do as scum or town in particular. If he can find meta of me attempting to confirm myself as town as scum, then I'll concede that point.

Actually the tell I was applying is a fairly common scum tell. I for example have done it before and so have some other players in many mafia games. I am fairly certain this tell is in the wiki somewhere. I was trying to accuse you of the tell and prove how common it was since I didn't want to search the entire wiki for it. I'll try to search it soon and see if I find though. I'd be very surprised if I'm the nly person that has heard of this tell

His second has to do with some bullshit about the masons. My stance is pretty obvious, even through the rhymes. If they're both normal masons, one of them is probably scum. If they claim that they have something different about them that makes them worst, they're probably town.
Actually looking at what he linked, he's a moron. Obviously if a Guilty Child flips town,
normal masons in this game probably aren't normal.
I don't even think masons claimed at that point (could be wrong)
They didn't
but I was just providing
an example of common knowledge
that probably doesn't apply to this game.

At the time you gave this opinion the status of the guilty childs flip wasn't completly established. You yourself brought it into question so you can't relate that as a the entire reason for the opinion you gave

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p3956818
Common knowledge of Masons is that there are almost always confirmed. The role was originally designed to always be confirmed. Some mods thought it would be fun to alter the meta of the role, others thought it wouldn't. As a result some people believe all games that have unconfirmed masons to be bastard games. This eventually led to some players seeking to rename such unconfirmed occurances of the role. I coined the term neighbors as a result of this. If you were trying to express the common knowledge that they are not usually confirmed you are wrong. If you were trying to say they are unlikly confirmed here, then you were speculating at a time they hadn't claimed which I consider to be a scummy action. Speculating is unlikly to gain us any ground in this game since pretty much any small thing can make a role bastard. Compare the claimed worst issues so far and some are far worse that others. Some are actually quite fun and not really that worst at all. So in sumation I have made my point you speculated at a poor time about an unclaimed character set that commonly helps the town. Scum always want to bring down power roles credibility

And then he's calling me scum for using a fake PR. Congrats, it's fake. See "If I was scum faking..."
So I proved you dodged me and my point about your mason argument. Looks like my case is right about you so far

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p3973242
In post 524, BBmolla wrote:
In post 91, BBmolla wrote:It's also quite possible that there is more to my role
I won't reveal more, it'd harm my soul.

However, it'll probably be pretty obvious in time

That there's a reason my posts are wierd, but rhyme.

^This is me obviously dropping hints that I'm super duper important or something(when I clearly just claimed my whole role). Considering the actual weakness of my ability, I figured trying to draw the night kill couldn't hurt.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you said this before you ever acted worried about recruiting scum. yay I'm not buying this. Gonna keep reading and writing though in case I find a better case. Might have a beer while I do it too.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Gimmicky Alt
Gimmicky Alt
Townie
Gimmicky Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Gimmicky Alt »

/prod recieved
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:20 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 731, Amrun wrote:
In post 729, BBmolla wrote:
random alignment

*shrug*

So you DON'T KNOW your recruitment's alignment.

And yes, recruits being of either alignment is definitely more balanced than all of one or the other. Without the random modifier, especially, the mod can just decide which alignment is better for balance and the gamestate. It also proves my point of how terrible your argument for yourself being town is.

This is nothing new, why are you acting like I said something different before.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 732, Captain Haddock wrote:This is the first time he called me scum, coincidently after I was put under a little pressure. I expect he was hoping I would go off him when he first responded to me, because before then he didn't give an opinion at all. This blatent opportunism was also ignored.

Your case is such complete shit and ignored players who were doing scummier things, which is why I voted you. I have a hard time telling between dumb and scum.

In post 732, Captain Haddock wrote:If BBmolla was trying to draw the nighkill, why has he posted 0 reasons for lynching anyone? Whenever he's voted since the guilty child his "reasoning" was some variation of:"his posts suck", even though his own posts were rolefishing, fluff and going on about his role.

If you're not a god damned PR you should
ALWAYS
be trying to draw the nightkill. What does my reasons for voting have to do with drawing the nightkill?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Post by Amrun »

Because your entire argument is 100% moot. I was driving that home.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 734, Oversoul wrote:BBmolla... these last two pages... holy crap. :\

Why would you vote Maniacal?

Tierce, I wouldn't have asked you to, slumlord.

Man this post is sure productive and contributive.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 742, Amrun wrote:Because your entire argument is 100% moot. I was driving that home.

What's my argument again?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:26 pm

Post by Amrun »

Why should I have to tell you that?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:29 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 738, PokerFace wrote:I for example have done it before

In post 738, PokerFace wrote:His first reason is him applying his meta to me, which is dumb as hell.

I'm so glad you didn't read what I said.

In post 738, PokerFace wrote:Common knowledge of Masons is that there are almost always confirmed. The role was originally designed to always be confirmed. Some mods thought it would be fun to alter the meta of the role, others thought it wouldn't. As a result some people believe all games that have unconfirmed masons to be bastard games. This eventually led to some players seeking to rename such unconfirmed occurances of the role. I coined the term neighbors as a result of this. If you were trying to express the common knowledge that they are not usually confirmed you are wrong. If you were trying to say they are unlikly confirmed here, then you were speculating at a time they hadn't claimed which I consider to be a scummy action. Speculating is unlikly to gain us any ground in this game since pretty much any small thing can make a role bastard. Compare the claimed worst issues so far and some are far worse that others. Some are actually quite fun and not really that worst at all. So in sumation I have made my point you speculated at a poor time about an unclaimed character set that commonly helps the town. Scum always want to bring down power roles credibility

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

"BBMOLLA IS SCUM BECAUSE HE SAID IN A RHETORIC THAT WAS COMPARING OTHER NORMAL THINGS WE TAKE FOR GRANTED THAT ARE CONFIRMED BY THE MOD TO NOT BE CONFIRMED BY THE MOD. ALSO SOMEHOW HE KNEW THERE WERE MASONS, OBVIOUSLY HE'S SCUM. AND HE'S TRYING TO DISCREDIT THEM BY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF THEY HAVE SOME WIERD MODIFIER OR IF THEY'RE NORMAL, THE LATTER WHICH WOULD PROBABLY MAKE ONE SCUM WHICH IS WHY IT WOULD BE WORST."

Seriously, why are you trying so hard to bullshit a case on me.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 745, Amrun wrote:Why should I have to tell you that?

I want to know what you think it is. Because clearly we have to different ideas about what it is in mind.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:31 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 738, PokerFace wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but you said this before you ever acted worried about recruiting scum. yay I'm not buying this. Gonna keep reading and writing though in case I find a better case. Might have a beer while I do it too.

WHAT YOU QUOTED HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RECRUITING SCUM

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:32 pm

Post by BBmolla »

It's like I'm arguing with a bunch mastins holy shit dude.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”