danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:02 am

Post by danakillsu »

In post 945, knox wrote:

You're really going to waste space quibbling over whether 1 vote qualifies as a wagon? That's sad. I'm saying that it is a waste of future votes. That's all. I don't know what you mean by "you think he's scummy". I don't think he is very scummy.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:12 am

Post by saulres »

Okay, catch-up (more or less) post.

@
Pokerface
871: You think Phil's not-town, so why no vote?

foxace36
: Bah. First few posts were useless. Comes back with OMGUS on theam, and then doesn't even have him on his scumlist. Useless slot still useless.
@RedPanda
In 926 you say foxace posted in the QT, but nothing about him. What's the feeling?
Fox
, what's your feeling on panda from the QT?

In post 821, IceGuy wrote:I think we're putting too much emphasis on scumhunting in this game.

WTF? What
should
we putting emphasis on, if not finding scum?

Tierce
is feeling more townie to me, especially given, now that I can talk about it, Newbie 1209. Her willingness to jump into this game and give it so much attention tells me she has a town role, or at least a non-scum one. I may be sheeping her going forward, but not today (Phil needs to die.)

Why does Phil need to die?
Well, I've answered that already, but even in the new stuff there are problems. In 707 he says "don't sheep or parrot", but that's exactly what he's doing with his votes of Oversoul. He's protecting himself at all costs while ignoring what he's saying about others. In 906 he says he doesn't think he's a problem in LyLo despite at least one and iirc multiple explanations of how dangerous a survivor is in LyLo.

Phil
, in 909 you say "Saulres looks off for excessive reliance on nonstandard techniques- more importantly, ones he knows can't be turned back at him." -- I don't understand what you mean by "nonstandard techniques" so I'm not sure how to reply to that. I'll look at 909 more later (and 941 too, something's bugging me about it that I can't put my finger on) but I have another game I need to get to.

While catching up I was thinking the same thing about the "vanished" argument so nothing to add there.

I'm very disheartened by the lack of activity in this game.
@Mod
: Prod ManiacalLemon please?

Did I miss anything anyone thought I should comment on?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:17 am

Post by Phillammon »

I was referring to his use of linking people up, rather than actually giving reads. Sorry if that was unclear. I forget his actual phrasing- relational tells?
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
brizingre1
brizingre1
Goon
brizingre1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:25 am

Post by brizingre1 »

In post 951, Amrun wrote:brizingre, I asked you to ask the mod.

Just did - I die in the place of the first protown player who dies at night.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:15 am

Post by Oversoul »

Does that mean we have to have confirmation that mcqueen was town via a confirmed flip, or does that mean mcqueen was not killed?

Phil, you answered that you agree with IceGuy's sentiments based purely on their roles. What makes you so sure that this game will get down to 3p lylo which is really the only situation where their roles are a problem?

By that same token, do you agree that you must go before LyLo?

Did you claim survivor?

In post 909, Phillammon wrote:For reference, I'd like to add that knox is probably town, just because it's IMPOSSIBLE to manipulate the game that much through that PR.

I also like to point out that you said this about Knox. Wouldn't it be pretty much impossible for ML and Chimera to manipulate the game? You people are all so quick to remove roles without looking at behavior or towniness. I would rather keep around two semiconfirmed town players despite the danger in LyLo.

Saul, what do you think of the wagon against me?

Agent_Ireland that is probably the scummiest thing you could have done.

In post 935, Agent_Ireland wrote:Why not just answer the question?

You try to legitimize your vote on my wagon instead of just hopping on, yet you use the worst reasoning or attempt at reason to jump onto my wagon.

I have reasons to wait, and if you were any town you would wait until I have deemed it okay for me to reveal why I waited.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:25 am

Post by Phillammon »

No, I didn't claim survivor. I claimed town. I guess the best way to describe myself is townie one shot reflexive recursive vanillaizer, if that makes sense. You have a point on Knox, though.
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:32 am

Post by Oversoul »

Recursive? What does that mean in terms of your role?
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:37 am

Post by Phillammon »

Okay. I am the green goo. Green goo, when targetted, cancels the action and turns them into green goo (meaning they lose their role), vanillaizing the original green goo. Being gooed does not affect alignment, only role.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:02 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

In post 957, Phillammon wrote:No, I didn't claim survivor. I claimed town. I guess the best way to describe myself is townie one shot reflexive recursive vanillaizer, if that makes sense. You have a point on Knox, though.

Since when have you been one shot?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:04 am

Post by Amrun »

He changed his claim today. SO KILL HIM.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:06 am

Post by Phillammon »

In post 619, Phillammon wrote:Right, fair enough, the heat is on, time to claim the restriction:

It's 1 shot.

I have one shot ditto'ing, then I'm effectively a VT. My role name is Green Slime, but that doesn't help much given it appears not to be in the original thread. I'll admit my posts have looked fairly scummy. I'll freely admit I've been extra speculative/paranoid because of the nature of the game. So yeah. My fault.

Since then.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:22 am

Post by Oversoul »

Phil, does that mean your role jumps around between people?

So Person A targets Green Goo B which then turns Person A into Green Goo with the same restriction as your original role?
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:24 am

Post by IceGuy »

What happens when more than one player targets you?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:23 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

mafia-n00b replaces Robotnick2
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:28 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

ManiacalLemon has been prodded.

Votecount 2.09

Phillammon (4) - IceGuy, danakillsu, saulres, Amrun
Oversoul (4) - Tierce, Gimmicky Alt, Phillammon, Agent_Ireland
danakillsu (3) - RedPanda, knox, ManiacalLemon
brizingre1 (1) - Oversoul
BBmolla (1) - Captain Haddock
ManiacalLemon (1) - BBmolla
Foxace36 (1) - theamatuer
theamatuer (1) - Foxace36
Captain Haddock (1) - brizingre1
Amrun (0) -
none

saulres (0) -
none

Robotnick2 (0) -
none

PokerFace (0) -
none

IceGuy (0) -
none

ShadowGirl (0) -
none

Gimmicky Alt (0) -
none

RedPanda (0) -
none

knox (0) -
none

Agent_Ireland (0) -
none

Tierce (0) -
none

No Lynch (0) -
none

Not voting (3) - Robotnick2, ShadowGirl, PokerFace

V/LA:
ShadowGirl (until 26th)

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch. The deadline is in (expired on 2012-04-29 08:00:00)
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by Captain Haddock »

VOTE: Phillammon
Agent_Ireland
Agent_Ireland
Goon
Agent_Ireland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by Agent_Ireland »

reasoning Haddock?
NEXT TIME ON DRAGONBALL Z!
"I'm gonna be king of the pirates!" - Naruto Uzumaki (Bleach)
mafia-n00b
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by mafia-n00b »

Hey guys. I've been keeping current on this game because it seemed so interesting. I admit I didn't read every line of some of the "wall of text" posts, but I'm pretty current, and have read every page.

VOTE: Phillammon

Sheeping Amrun mostly on this one, but I also don't like Phil's claims on his role... feels bogus.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by saulres »

What about Amrun's play makes you want to sheep her? In particular, as compared to the rest of us on that wagon.

And what specifically feels bogus about Phil's claim?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Man this game makes me realize why I retired from the long games before. Too much to read. I still got to read alot

Thanks for the misrep BB
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p3980238
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p3979641
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p3980244
Its a fairly common scum tell yet rather than prove you didn't do it, you use caps to come off as insulting to me and call me mastin. Talk about Ad_hominem.
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Ad_hominem
I'll try to re-explain it to you in a more civilized manner. You said this:

In post 91, BBmolla wrote:Should
confirm me as town

In post 0, izakthegoomba wrote:10) Do not discuss, mention, or link to this game outside this thread
unless your Role PM specifically says otherwise
. Do not discuss any other ongoing game in this game or a QT related to this game. Breaking this rule WILL incur a modkill.

It just so happens that my role pm says otherwise.

Lynching a X-Shot player recruiter would lead to your demise.

I can bring in others from outside the game

That logic in no way proves you to be town. You are passing crap logic there. Trying to pass crap logic in order to confirm yourself, is a scum tell. And rather than prove you didn't do you come off as looking even more scummy

"BBMOLLA IS SCUM BECAUSE HE SAID IN A RHETORIC THAT WAS COMPARING OTHER NORMAL THINGS WE TAKE FOR GRANTED THAT ARE CONFIRMED BY THE MOD TO NOT BE CONFIRMED BY THE MOD. ALSO SOMEHOW HE KNEW THERE WERE MASONS, OBVIOUSLY HE'S SCUM. AND HE'S TRYING TO DISCREDIT THEM BY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF THEY HAVE SOME WIERD MODIFIER OR IF THEY'RE NORMAL, THE LATTER WHICH WOULD PROBABLY MAKE ONE SCUM WHICH IS WHY IT WOULD BE WORST."

I never said you knew there were masons. And you didn't try to figure out if they were scum or not in that post. You gave an assumption that one of them had to be scum which is speculation and that's a scum tell. Rather than trying to find the truth you planted the idea that a powerful town role could be worthless. Think you can respond better to my opinions now?

@iceguy

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p3989560
In post 396, PokerFace wrote:
@iceguy,

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p3956707
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p3956742
Uhm I didn't exactly say that either. I was pushing for 2birds to be scum and some people that poorly suggested a contrary, were his buddies. I'm not sure who was pushing the "
all
people thinking 2b1s
might not
be 100% confirmed scum are themselves scum". Was there someone doing that? Otherwise your vote seemed somewhat OMGUS. Do you still suspect me? My suspicions of SG has dropped but I can't help but ponder if you are actually scum who knew 2birds was town when he first voted him.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p3954580

So iceguy can you prove your previous vote on me my had any validity, or that someone else was actually pushing that logic? Why did you ever vote 2birds if you thought there was a possibility he was town?
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p3954580

@Saulres and whoever else

Next post I'll try to address the rest of the stuff that have gone on in the game since my absence. I am not currently voting as i am not caught up and don't want to vote blindly should there be something important I have not seen. I should be able to post again wednesday and thursday so that I can at least get so vote out before deadline
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 971, PokerFace wrote:I never said you knew there were masons. And you didn't try to figure out if they were scum or not in that post.
You gave an assumption that one of them had to be scum which is speculation and that's a scum tell.
Rather than trying to find the truth you planted the idea that a powerful town role could be worthless. Think you can respond better to my opinions now?

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

Poker, if both masons claimed to be completely normal masons, do you think they'd both be town. Yes or no.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
mafia-n00b
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by mafia-n00b »

@saulreds

I've played with Amrun before, I consider her to be a strong player in general and I have a town-read on her in this game.

Phil was being way too secretive with his descriptions and while I don't view 1-shot and N-shot as contradictory, I'm having trouble seeing a town motivation in him being circumspect until pressured.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 971, PokerFace wrote:That logic in no way proves you to be town. You are passing crap logic there. Trying to pass crap logic in order to confirm yourself, is a scum tell. And rather than prove you didn't do you come off as looking even more scummy

Yeah it's crap, I jumped the gun due to excitement in seeing the mod basically confirming my role in the rules.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”