Goon
Goon

The Mole [Updated - Apply Now!]

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by mastermind »

Twelve people
Ten weeks
One million dollars

These players have to work together to earn money that only one of them will win. But one of them will be asked to deceive the others, and sabotage their missions. They must become a saboteur...a traitor...the mole. The players must figure out who the mole is, while the mole must cover his or her track to avoid detection. In the end, only one can win. Can you figure it out?

Who is the mole?

Rules
Challenges

~ Each week the group plays 3 challenges to earn money for the pot, that could grow up to one million dollars.
~ But one of the players is a mole, a double agent working to sabotage the groups efforts by preventing them to pass the challenges.
~ No one knows who the mole is so no one knows whom they can trust.

Quizzes and Eliminations

~ At the end of each week, every player takes a quiz.
~ The player who scores lowest on the quiz is executed, and must leave the game immediately.

Other Stuff

~ If the group pot reaches a certain amount of money, the mole automatically loses. This number will only be known between myself and the mole.
~ If at any round all players correctly identify the mole, the mole automatically loses.
~ If the mole can successfully prevent the above two rules from happening, the mole wins.

It is a simple game: be observant, expose the mole, claim the money. Each player has a strategy, but only one will win.

Application1. Name three of your favorite hobbies
2. How would your friends describe you?
3. What are your pet peeves?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. What is your favorite music to listen to?
7. Who is your hero and why?
8. What would be the craziest, wildest thing you would do for a million dollars?
9. What is your favorite topic of conversation at a dinner party? What topics are off limits?
10. Why do you believe you could win this game?
11. If you are selected, do you want to be the Mole?

To apply, PM me the answers to the above questions. Contestants will be selected based upon having the following traits:
~ Strong-willed
~ Outgoing
~ Adventurous
~ Committed
~ Interesting personalities

This week is finals week for me, so if there's any interest the game will likely start sometime next week.
Last edited by mastermind on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mastermind
mastermind
Goon
mastermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by mastermind »

Stuff goes here.
mastermind
mastermind
Goon
mastermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Post by mastermind »

I thought about Traitor or Saboteur but figured that people would just say mole instead.
mastermind
mastermind
Goon
mastermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Post by mastermind »

Alliances/coalitions are made in the mole so that's not a big surprise, but I get what Blackberry means. The thing is if you're trying to align with the mole here you are giving a significant advantage to the mole in terms of adding money to their own pot, which is how you win the game.
mastermind
mastermind
Goon
mastermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:29 pm

Post by mastermind »

But that plan can only work if one of you is the mole right? Otherwise you're basically playing the game. I was only trying to be creative/different and still try to make the incentive of players playing to win the missions and the mole trying to sabotage as best as he can.
mastermind
mastermind
Goon
mastermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:22 am

Post by mastermind »

In post 36, Xalxe wrote:
mastermind
: Is each round's mole revealed afterwards, or is it kept secret?

It was going to be kept secret.

I have all the challenges and stuff so I really don't mind making this just another mole game if that draws more interest.
mastermind
mastermind
Goon
mastermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Post by mastermind »

Right so I guess I'll just scrap that idea.

One final idea, in one of the versions of the mole (italy I think?) the players would vote who they think is the mole and the 2 or 3 people that got the most votes were the only ones to take the quiz. I'm probably just going to set it up like previous moles, but that was also something that came to mind.
mastermind
mastermind
Goon
mastermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by mastermind »

Updated the rules to make it basically normal.

Return to “Social Game Archive”