Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:14 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'm not really sure what reason there is to keep quiet about your role at this stage of the game, Darkblade. If in fact you are the back-up cop, you're probably useless anyway, as it's likely we have a godfather left. Besides, I really don't think this game will go through another night. So, yeah, why did you not want to claim?

Question: Do mods usually mention sanity to the players? Not in my experience.

If Darkblade is telling the truth we have a doctor, nurse, cop and back-up cop vs (most probably) 2 mafia in this game, and this reinforces the fact that the mafia must have some special powers.

I guess it makes sense that we have a back-up cop, seeing as we had a nurse.. But it was a very safe claim to make seeing as everyone else has revealed their roles already.
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:41 am

Post by Darkblade »

I thought that there was a very small chance of there actually being a no lynch, and that the last mafia perosn would beable to be investigated. I didn't want to limit my options. Now, it doesn't really matter as our last scum appears to be a godfather. Also, mods generally never tell the cops their sanity, but many advanced mods like to tell cops that they are "unsure of their sanity"
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:51 am

Post by Norinel »

No vote changes. If I get any more requests to remove or extend the deadline, I will.
Primoris
Primoris
Goon
Primoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:31 pm

Post by Primoris »

I have decided to vote for Darkblade. We could keep thinking and thinking, but my thinking didn't change anything to the situation and I still think, despite his roleclaim that Darkblade is scum.
Vote: Darkblade
The best trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:35 am

Post by Darkblade »

This is silly. Right now, Primoris is trying to use the deadline to his advantage to win the game. Please, somebody else make a request to extend the deadline.

Right now, my role claim is a non-issue. You can consider both claiming back-up cop and claiming townie to be "safe" claims. I didn't claim back-up cop to try to make myself innocent, and I'm not going to argue for my innocence based on that. Just look at my voting record.

Stewie, you voted me because you wanted a role-claim. I gave you one. Please unvote before Primoris wins becaused of the deadline. Everybody, please, think rationally about this game. I have stright up caught Primoris in lies and in not being against Phoebus. Primoris is the logical choice for scum. I realize my inactivity must have been aggrivating, but I was inactive in all my games during that timeframe. Don't let that aggrivation cloud your judgement.
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:08 am

Post by Stewie »

Unvote: darkblade

I would too like the deadline to be removed.

Now, primoris is my main subject, but thalitha is not off the hook yet. Darkblade seems pretty townish.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:11 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Yawn..... checks date..... man its been a long game..... wait its not over yet......
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:59 am

Post by Norinel »

Deadline removed.

Vote Count

Primoris- 1 (Darkblade)
Darkblade- 1 (Primoris)

Not voting (2)- Stewie, Talitha.

3 to lynch.
Primoris
Primoris
Goon
Primoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:19 am

Post by Primoris »

I still think Talitha is innocent and if Darkblade is really innocent, then Stewie is the remaining scum. But I know Darkblade won't change his vote.

I could vote for anyone, I could make all kinds of accusations, but Darkblade won't change his vote. And we need three to lynch. I'm thinking hard, but I can't come up with anything convincing about Darkblade. Like said, if Darkblade is innocent, I think Stewie is scum. Proof? I have none but believe me I've tried to come up with it.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:17 pm

Post by Talitha »

OK - I'm tending to believe Darkblade, and Stewie has put my mind at ease by that unvote of Darkblade earlier. So there's only one thing for it:
vote: Primoris
. I do think you're scum but you've played a great game, and managed to really really confuse me.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:11 pm

Post by Stewie »

Shall I put the final vote on?
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:57 pm

Post by Darkblade »

Take it away. I think everything that needs to be said has been said
Primoris
Primoris
Goon
Primoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:47 pm

Post by Primoris »

I do think you're scum but you've played a great game, and managed to really really confuse me.
Thanks, but that is the problem: This is the worst game I've ever played, I'm not scum.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:14 am

Post by Stewie »

[/b]vote: primoris[/b]

Boy, am I going to look stupid if darkblade ends up to be the last scum...
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:15 am

Post by Stewie »

vote:primoris
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:43 am

Post by Norinel »

End of Day Vote Count:

Primoris- 3 (Darkblade, Talitha, Stewie)
Darkblade- 1 (Primoris)

Not voting (0)- No one

Day 5:

A subdued period of discussion transpires that, for a while, non move to break. Stewie suggests waiting another night, but retracts his offer as time goes on. At last, Darkblade is the first to move, against Primoris. Harsh words fly about in the day's final hours, but eventually the other three members decide that Primoris is the one for whom they are searching.The briefest body search reveals the truth: Primoris had nothing to offer, nothing to hide. Renlino is out of time. Darkblade and Stewie are dead in the morning, with no one who cares to find them.

Primoris (Townie)- Lynched Day 5. Darkblade (Retired Cop) and Stewie (Informed Townie) die in endgame. Mafia (Phoebus and Talitha) wins.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:47 am

Post by Norinel »

Well, I liked this game; a mind-wrenching four-person endgame (Albeit one where the two major lynch candidates were pro-town) is not a bad end for one's first modding attempt. I'll be disclosing everything (And I mean
everything
: the entire schematic, pms between the scum, my own ongoing thoughts, even a few deathscenes that never were) in a little while, but DP knows the text file I've got it all in is pretty disorganised; it'll take a little while to sort out. In the meantime, have some fun facts:

On two of the days, an inactive player had information that would have helped spare the pro-town lynch victim.

Even though Stewie was considered probably innocent for having a role pm much like the basic townies', his was actually different from the other three. Besides, none of the pms had a role name in them, as strongly as some of them implied it (Darkblade actually identified his role as he confirmed).

This was not an entirely vanilla game- there were three things about it that I hadn't seen a lot of before. Unfortunately, two of them died before they could have a major effect on the game, and the third only served to reveal the other two.

Massive wins the Most Suspicious Townie award, were I to give one. On Night 2, he got investigated by both investigators, and the mafia suspected he might be on their side.

Everyone knows where the name Renlino came from, right? I'd seen a couple basic games with the town named after the mod, so I decided to do so a little more subtly.

Comments are welcome.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:50 am

Post by Stewie »

I would also look stupid in this situation. Actually stupider, since it's the second time I lose as town against her. :|

Good job scum.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:52 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Talitha mafia no way Yoko thats crazy talk!!! :P
Primoris
Primoris
Goon
Primoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:58 am

Post by Primoris »

I was too busy with making myself look innocent I guess. But I would never have tought Talitha was scum. Great play!

Sorry about the 3 times I needed to be prodded btw, just had the feeling I had nothing to add.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:09 am

Post by Phoebus »

We win!! w00t!

Tally, girl...you were amazing!!

First win and all thanks to an amazingly well played game by my partner.
I can't wait to scheme again together. :P
Maybe next time I'll have more luck and not be fingered by a cop so soon. :roll:

Well played again all!

And thanks Nori, for modding a good game...I'm sure interested in what the outsider did and your comments in the previous posts are intriguing...bring it on...
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:19 am

Post by Darkblade »

On two of the days, an inactive player had information that would have helped spare the pro-town lynch victim.
:oops: That'd probably be me concerning the nurse. Terribly sorry to the town. :( Also, in hindsight, I made a serious blunder. I should have just claimed townie and went with the no lynch. With in a investigation in hand, I wouldn't reveal it and just vote from the information.

I'm still recovering from Primoris not being scum. Everything worked out so well in my head. Bah at me for being so closed minded.

BTW, Talitha, I had you pegged for innocent when you didn't finish me off when I had two votes. Why didn't you capitalize on Primoris's quick vote on me? And good job in staying under the radar as I launched my angry attack on Primoris. You played very well.

My first end game loss as town. Shoot.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:06 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

hey town... good job... LOSING! i told you all ot to kill me, but noooooo, lets make a game called lynch the n00b why dont we?
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:27 pm

Post by Norinel »

bigbenwd wrote:lets make a game called lynch the n00b why dont we?
Well, I've got a mini theme coming up...

I did a couple modding things differently from standard practice in this game. Some I liked, some I didn't.

No kill Night 1- It was nice to guarantee involvement for everyone, but that's not as important in minis. I think it's a bit too far from normal and doesn't have enough upsides to make common for me, though.

Requiring copies of private discussion- I definitely liked this. It gave me some insight as to what the mafia was thinking and a little bit more to read during the nights. When I replaced Demeech, I sent Talitha the discussion from Night 1, which I would've liked were I in her shoes. It didn't seem like it was too much work for the players to send me copies of their messages, so I'll probably keep this.

Stricter mod-quoting restriction- The intent was to not have people get all uptight about the exact wording of the way I told people they were pro-town. It seems like the players took it a little farther than I'd hoped, but nothing too meta happened with that respect, so it seemed to help.

Always prodding before replacing- I prodded people by request or if they hadn't posted anywhere in a while near a day/night change. If somebody doesn't respond to a pm prod in 48 hours, they weren't available during those 48 hours and can be replaced. Since a lot of people didn't have choices this game, I found it a lot more necessary to weed out inactive players during the night (Perhaps in the future, I'll require everyone to send me some comments about their thoughts in lieu of or in addition to their choice.). My not replacing players as much during the day meant that when players went inactive, it had the potential to hurt their team, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'll have to think about this.

Roles:

Mafia (Overling)- Phoebus

PM:
Well, you're it. You're the ones everyone is looking for, the ones who are looking for everyone. As long as it's been just a matter of lying low, it's been pretty easy and even a little boring. It was a bit of a relief when you got the orders from... higher sources, even though they were just a simple "Kill everyone else." But if they knew you, they'd think it below you. Your little soliloquies have made previous investigations dissociate the death from your organization, and it's possible you could pull it off one more time.

At night, you may communicate with Demeech to determine one person to kill each night and whom to send to perform the kill. You may choose not to kill. You have the responsibility to decide on a choice and to send it in. On one night in the game when you are sent to kill, you may indicate to me that you would like to make the kill appear as if it were accomplished by a vigilante. You are anti-town.

Confirm and indicate to me that you're done with discussion (Since you won't be choosing your victim Night 1) by pm.

Mafia (Underling)- Talitha (replacing Demeech)

PM:
Well, you're it. You're the ones everyone is looking for, the ones who are looking for everyone. As long as it's been just a matter of lying low, it's been pretty easy and even a little boring. It was a bit of a relief when you got the orders from... higher sources, even though they were just a simple "Kill everyone else." At least, that's what your partner says.

At night, you may communicate with Phoebus to determine one person to kill each night and whom to send to perform the kill. You may choose not to kill. Until your partner dies, the responsibility to choose and send the choice to me belong to him. You are anti-town.

Confirm by pm.

Notes- Two mafia, as you may have noticed. I figured they'd be able to use the Overling's special ability to "clear" him, but that never happened. (I was surprised when Talitha put the last vote on Phoebus) If they had used it, I would have been very explicit that the kill was performed by a vigilante. (As I'd been explicit that the other night victims were killed by the Mafia.)

Outsider- Breakdown

PM:
Ever since you've moved here, you've felt like you don't belong. Perhaps you don't; nobody really seems to trust you just by virtue of being newer than anyone else. It has its advantages, though: nobody in this town seems to know anything about anyone else, but people out of town do. And you're the one who can get in touch with them.

At night, you may choose to investigate one person to determine role information. Any investigation will treat you as if you were guilty. You are pro-town.

Confirm and send your Night 1 choice by pm.

Notes- The information is all but the role name. This role being forced to claim is one of the things to balance the game a little more towards the scum, as it's almost identical to the standard mafia spy. I think it's an okay role on a similar power level to the cop, but that might be because it hasn't been done before to my knowledge.

Cop (sane)- Yoko Kurama (replacing gashlycrumb)

PM:
You've been with the force for a while, and now it's been mobilized to do what it can to find the killers. Why it's on investigative duty, you don't know. You'd prefer something more along the lines of enforcement, but you can always give investigation a shot. Maybe you'll even find something useful.

At night, you may choose to investigate one person to determine their affiliation with the Mafia. You are sane. You are pro-town.

Notes- Got "mafia" or "not mafia" results, despite what Yoko said when he claimed.

Retired Cop- Darkblade

PM:
Back when the police didn't just break into people's houses and arrest them, you were with it. Now, those days are merely a part of your long-gone youth. You have nothing to offer at the moment, but memories of investigations past remain, and you could start again if necessary.

When all cops in the town die, you will be notified and gain investigative abilities. You are pro-town.

Confirm by pm.

To be sent when the cop dies:
It's a trait of the sad state of the town right now that the first upstanding policeman to die was the last. That's as good a time as any to get back to work, so you check back in at what's left of the station to start soon.

Starting on the next game night (Night 6) and on all nights thereafter, you may choose to investigate one person to determine their affiliation with the Mafia. Your sanity is unkown.

Notes- Yes, all one cop, which would've hurt the mafia if they tried to claim cop or doc in certain situations. Changing "all cops" to "any cop" was pretty much the only thing I'd change if I were to run this schematic again.

Doctor- massive

PM:
You've made house calls before, but the ones you'll be making now are bizarre. Hiding out in somebody's house, waiting for them to get shot, and getting them back to health is a bit unconventional, to say the least. You can't ask them to pay, and the insurance doesn't even cover it.

At night, you may choose to protect one person aside from yourself from a kill that night. If that person is attacked more times than they are protected, they still die. You are pro-town.

Nurse- Flying Dutchman
PM:
So far, you've gotten by just helping out with the town's medical personnel. It's possible you could try to work on people yourself, but if someone else is out there doing it, your skills would pale by comparison. Maybe you'll just wait until you're the last one...

When all doctors in the town die, you will be notified and gain protective abilities. You are pro-town.

Confirm by pm.

To be sent when the doc dies:
That's it, surprisingly enough. The medical staff in this town happened to be a staff of one, if you don't count yourself, and who does? Now it's time to count yourself, so you break out the tools of the trade and get ready for action.

Starting on the next game night (Night 5) and on all nights thereafter, you may choose to protect one person aside from yourself from a kill that night. If that person is attacked more times than they are protected, they still die.

Notes- See the retired cop. The symmetry between these two roles might've made it possible for them to clear each other.

Townie (1)- bigbenwd

PM:
If the rumors are true, if there really is a Mafia presence in town trying to kill everyone off for no apparent purpose, you have every reason to be frightened. It's even worse that your fear chokes any options you may have had to do anything about it, at least at night.

You are pro-town.

Confirm by pm.

Notes- The first infamous vague townie pm. When I said to not discuss the structure, I didn't mean completely ignore the italicized stuff (Which worked fine). I wouldn't have minded talking about what the background information said.

Townie (2)- tehgood

PM:
So there's a little epidemic of murder going around. You don't plan on doing anything about it, at least not more than locking the doors at night. Why bother going beyond that? It'd just make you more of a threat to them.

You are pro-town.

Confirm by pm.

Townie (3)- Primoris

PM:
If you could do something about the whole Mafia thing, you would, but you just can't. You've lead a simple life up to now, so you have no idea how to even begin to help. At least you've got the necessary skills to show up at the town meetings, not that that's saying very much.

You are pro-town.

Confirm by pm.

Informed Townie- Stewie

PM:
The degree to which lies abound in this town almost astounds you. Even since you were a child here, the authorities have fed you garbage supported only by their status. At least now you know not to trust something just because you're told it's true.

The background text in this pm contains a useful clue. You are pro-town.

Confirm by pm.

Notes- I'd actually mentioned this role before the crash: a townie with no powers but who gets a clue at the beginning of the game. When Family Reunion (I think), with the "one townie" ended right before this began, I was sort of surprised- that role's a subset of this one. Is it now fairly obvious what the clue's referring to?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:02 pm

Post by Talitha »

Thanks everyone, and especially Norinel for the great modding and extra effort to make this game interesting and surprising. I really enjoyed it. (Apart from feeling guilty about lying and manipulating but ah well that's mafia).

I was quite (pleasantly) surprised that there wasn't more suspicion on me! Darkblade and Stewie were pretty innocent looking by their early actions, and Primoris had been investigated and found innocent! And I felt that I had played quite clumsily especially early on when I was sick (.. and Yoko did pick up on it, to his credit!) But some of the confusion about what the roles were and game balancing etc. worked to my advantage.
I was only slightly less in the dark than everyone else. The way Norinel worded the PM made me think there was someone else out there on our side and they just had to find us! And I assumed that person was Breakdown after he died and his role was revealed.
Darkblade wrote:Talitha, I had you pegged for innocent when you didn't finish me off when I had two votes. Why didn't you capitalize on Primoris's quick vote on me?
I would have, if I'd seen it before Stewie unvoted, believe me! I was kicking myself for not checking the game before I went to bed that night... (different timezone here)
Norinel wrote:I figured they'd be able to use the Overling's special ability to "clear" him, but that never happened. (I was surprised when Talitha put the last vote on Phoebus) If they had used it, I would have been very explicit that the kill was performed by a vigilante.
Phoebus had already been severely FOSed for suggesting that he should prove himself by using his vig kill, and there wasn't really a good scummy-looking target by the time we'd lynched tehgood. And I was nervous about associating myself with Phoebus. Plus I wasn't completely sure how the vig kill would end up looking (especially with no mafia kill that night). And with Yoko's result, I figured he would get lynched sooner or later anyway, as we had no way of discrediting Yoko.

Maybe Phoebus should've used the vig kill on bigben's ghost.. do ya think that would've shut him up? :P

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”