Dota 2 Thread: REBORN SOURCE 2 HYPETRAIN NOBRAKES

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Post by Neruz »

Clinkz is a pub stomper because he has insane DPS but zero CC and CC is king in organised teamfights.
I imagine you could build a team around him kind of like a League team with Clinkz as the AD Carry. I don't think it would be a very good idea, but i can imagine it working.

Also: PheonixIV and\or Invertible Hippopotamus
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Post by Neruz »

In post 4, Darox wrote:What?
Clinkz has always been a good pick.

From what I remember he's generally considered a sub-par pick in competitive play, not because he's bad, but because the role he fills (roaming pure DPS) isn't actually a very useful role to have in most team compositions.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:03 pm

Post by Neruz »

In post 27, Staeg wrote:I think neruz might have one more left?
(by the way, neruz, my <333 PM is still in my outbox)

Oh hey, MS didn't tell me i had a PM waiting.

Fraid i'm all out of keys tho.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Post by Neruz »

On the upside, if you start by learning the hardest hero in the game by the time you get good with him you're going to have very solid mechanics.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by Neruz »

In post 88, Darox wrote:Except her bonus night-sight isn't an aura.

It's part of her base statline that for some reason only comes into play when you skill Lunar Blessing, probably to stop people from always going Beam/Stats.

It was originally a bug related to her being a Night Elf an the WC3 engine, later on it was incorperated into the skill because fuck it why not.

So that's why that particular skill is a little wierd.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by Neruz »

Why do i not seem to have anyone on my steam friends list who dotars? :<
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Post by Neruz »

Battle Hunger is one of Axe's best skills, it forces enemies to commit fully to an attack because if you try and run away BAM say bye bye to 300 - 600 health.

The trick is knowing when to use it properly; BH is very easy to waste and turn into a useless mana sink, but when wielded properly it destroys dudes.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:17 pm

Post by Neruz »

Basically Battle Hunger is a tool that forces the person you slam it on to either attack something or take a big blob of damage. Forcing that kind of choice on an enemy caster or support can right royally fuck up team cohesion.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Post by Neruz »

In post 116, Darox wrote:I thought it was a mana sink way back when in the before times, when it was widely regarded as one of the worst skills and something you skill levels 22-25.
Since the multitude of buffs, this is no longer the case.

It's ESPECIALLY good in the laning phase.
It doesn't matter if they are the king of last hitting if you cast it on them as a wave expires. They're forced to take a considerable amount of damage without any chance of removal.
It doesn't force anyone to attack you at all though.
It might force them to burn some mana to ensure they kill a creep, but they won't ever turn around to kill you unless you are literally the only thing in reach and it's actually slightly possible that they could kill you.

The major downside is that it's still expensive as hell on a hero with mana issues, but that's why Arcane Boots were invented. Tranquils and a Soul Ring could also suffice.

That's the point; if you're using it and you (or your allies) are not the only available targets then you've probably used it wrong; the spell forces a choice between attack something or take damage, good usage ensures that the 'something' is
very dangerous.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by Neruz »

DotA's in-game voice chat is awesome if you like to play with pubs.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Post by Neruz »

In post 174, Katsuki wrote:
In post 173, inte wrote:
In post 171, Katsuki wrote:
In post 168, DTMaster wrote:BTW: You can have unlimited sight wards at the moment. They borked the limit on that, so LEGAL MAP HACK POWARS.

TROLOLOLOL

As an aside, how do you patrol in dota2? I wanna make awesome courior trains circling the base too!

can't patrol

only shift queue

Well these people managed to make a courior train go round and round

Follow command probably.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Post by Neruz »

In post 182, Darox wrote:Oh yeah, I'm Invoker. Badass on the lane. Let's go gank that Jungle with illusion rune.
Excellent, a puny Ursa to crush. Learn how fragile you are!
Dang, he got up the ramp with 150~ hp. No matter, I'm faster than him, and much smarter.
Time to just walk up this blind ramp and SFGJFHGGFBEAREATINGMYFACE

And two seconds later he's back at full health!

Gotta love Ursa and his pointy pointy claws.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:27 pm

Post by Neruz »

In post 251, inte wrote:centaur is a fine hero though :(

I imagine they probably want to address his mad snowballing and late-game domination.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:02 pm

Post by Neruz »

Yeah, lategame centaur with 3 hearts was always amusing.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:24 pm

Post by Neruz »

You've clearly never tried to engage a team fight when the opposing team has a Centaur with 3 hearts. Even after the heart change he's still unkillable, and with the regen change when you finally do get him low he just stands out of combat for 6 seconds and he's back at full health again.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:35 pm

Post by Neruz »

You do realise that strength increases his attack damage as well right? Centaur with 3 hearts plus whatever other items he has on him is looking at around 300+ strength. Sure it's not carry damage, but that's enough to be painful especially to squishies and double especially since the carries can't attack him (thanks to return and probably thornmail) and he has too much health for the spellcasters to be able to put anything more than a mild dent in him.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:16 am

Post by Neruz »

In post 264, kanyeknowsbest wrote:you do realise that your talking about a situation where centaur has 20k+ in farm right? either the game is long over or something retarded is goin on. nevermind what a poor use of that 20k 3 hearts is.

Yes. That would be why i'm talking about late game situations no?

Actually 3 is an exxaguration, from memory even when decimating dudes i never bothered with more than 2 hearts.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:48 am

Post by Neruz »

In post 266, Darox wrote:Any lategame carry worth anything has Lifesteal, so Return is an annoyance rather than a death dealer.

And they still don't have to fight him until the end because all he can really do is spit out a stun every 13 seconds and some ok autoattack damage.

Return + thornmail will fuck up almost any carry unless there happens to be a skeleton king nearby being a dick with his vamp aura + vlads. Lifesteal certainly helps, but it's not enough, 6 item slots doesn't give you enough room to have damage and enough lifesteal to counter centaur's return.

Like, I think I'm not communicating right; I'm not trying to say Centaur alone can solo teh entire enemy team once he has his build finished, I'm saying there isn't a single other hero in the entire game that can be as tanky as Centaur with his full build, and once he does have his full build he will not die at all in team fights, ever, and will still put out enough damage to be a serious threat.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #18) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Post by Neruz »

In post 298, Knight of Cydonia wrote:If this tourney doesn't make Icefrog take a long, hard look at Song of the Siren and Naga Siren in general, there is something wrong with him.

Siren and her ult have been around for years, people have been complaining about Siren and her ult for years. I doubt Icefrog has any intention of changing her or her ult.

Return to “The Arcade”