Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:34 am

Post by Oso »

VOTE: Internet Stranger

Your avatar scared my cat.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Post by Oso »

What request?
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:13 am

Post by Oso »

In post 23, Tebow wrote:
...He voted for a guy who hadn't posted yet on the basis of his avatar. IE, his random vote was premeditated and he didn't even read the thread before posting it.

This is a true statement

Others in the running were Tebow, your name sounds like that TiVo and I could never get the one I used to own to work right.

Code_X was in there but the joke would have to do with an ongoing game.

McStab was a candidate for a joke vote. Obvious reasons there.

Guttersnipe was also a candidate with a reference to 19th Century Victorian literature. Dicken's Oliver Twist and Artful Dodger come to mind.

All considered at the time Papa Zito posted the player list for this game well before the game opened.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:11 am

Post by Oso »

And I plan on continuing to do so (I assume this is Tebow's general Meta request).

I have no plans on letting Code_X (the only player I have played with from the player list) know what I am expecting to see from him that will cement an alignment read on him.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:11 am

Post by Oso »

@Tebow

That I can answer I think without running afoul of the talking about on-going games rule. Both he and I are dead and his alignment there is public record now.

He seems self aware enough to know what mistake he made in that game as scum and the memory of it is recent enough that even if he is scum here, I don't expect to see that repeated . He was hyper paranoid. If he is town, I wouldn't expect to see that sort of hyper-paranoia at all.

I haven't read any games Code_X was in as either alignment so I am drawing off of one game where he was scum. I don't know what 'normal' is for him yet.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:26 am

Post by Oso »

Nope. I got the PM that game opened, placed the RVS and then started work for the day.

I did take quick note of how many players had confirmed in the OP and how may had posted though.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:06 am

Post by Oso »

@Chaos

I wouldn't call it over defensive.

Oso votes Page 1: Tebow-Post #9, ChaosOmega-Post #11, Code_X-Post #13. All basically no reason given votes at the time they are made. So, unless I wanted to make a big deal out of them all being vote switches off the initial RVS votes, nothing much at all to respond to.

Tebow's Post #23 is basically the first post that contains enough information on why he voted to respond to. It contains enough information and reasoning so I don't have to guess why he is concerned enough to lay down a vote.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:50 am

Post by Oso »

In post 37, ChaosOmega wrote:I don't understand the logic of posting without reading the thread, though, even if it's still the beginning of the game.

Ah, difference in play style then.

RVS is a necessary evil. I don't like it much but have no real alternative to suggest so instead of railing at it or trying to end it, I just basically play along/ignore it until it is over with, I am addressed directly (or voted) or the game gets at least 2-3 pages into the game. Then I go back and read from the first game post. Rarely do interesting things start happening from the get go.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:37 am

Post by Oso »

@Tebow.

Seen from a pure game perspective, I understand what you are driving at. Only answer I can give is to tell you the lazy part of the game is over for me.

@Axxle. Couple of things.

When you mentioned the votes on Tangion, how come you didn't also mention that I had voted IS before he confirmed as well?

When you voted me, why was not answering/ignoring a question posed by a player of unknown alignment voteworthy?
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:02 am

Post by Oso »

In post 47, Axxle wrote:@Oso: I didn't notice at the time. When I looked at the Tangion votes all names but Tangion's were bolded in the OP, for all I know IS could have confirmed by PM already.

There was ample evidence in the tread that Internet Stranger HAD NOT confirmed at the time of my vote, independent of the OP.
In post 8, Oso wrote:VOTE: Internet Stranger

Your avatar scared my cat.
In post 15, Internet Stranger wrote:/confirm

----------

As to Tangion's votes, you realize they are both RVS votes, right? First post both of them made less than a day after the game has started. Between those two players there is a grand total of 3 posts right now.

So here we have a player that is using the game state at the time of his post here:
In post 40, Axxle wrote:I feel that just /confirming is a lot different than RVSing.
What I'm wondering is what the votes on Tangion are meant to accomplish since he hasn't even confirmed to the mod yet.
Confirms that is what the state was here:
In post 47, Axxle wrote:@Oso: I didn't notice at the time.
When I looked at the Tangion votes all names but Tangion's were bolded in the OP
, for all I know IS could have confirmed by PM already.
In post 0, Iknal wrote:Alive players:
Code_X

Echo

McStab

ChaosOmega

Guttersnipe

Internet Stranger

Tebow

Oso

TvK

Axxle

11. Tangion

*Denotes a prod
Bolded players have confirmed

To basically manufacture a suspicion based off two RVS votes and using a part of the game state (Confirmed Players) from slightly later in the game to make it look scum motivated.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Axxle
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:10 am

Post by Oso »

In post 67, Tebow wrote:For Oso's case to be true, then Axxle ignored a potential argument against the player he was actually voting in order to query the actions of two other players, but not vote them. How is that consistent with someone who is 'manufacturing suspicion?' If Axxle is just reaching for something to attack anyone with, why would he deliberately ignore something done by the player he is already attacking?

Axxle ignored it because it wasn't a pattern like the two random votes on an unconfirmed player could be made to seem like.

As for attacking me, are you serious? He wasn't attacking. He was piling on a 3 vote wagon with a shit reason. Of all the votes that were made on me the first three initially just looked like your typical early game wagon. "Oso wagon is full of win"....."I can get behind an Oso wagon" type of thing. Of the 4 votes that were made on that wagon, only the reason you stated in a couple of later posts Tebow, could be considered a 'serious' one. There was at least some reasoning and thought behind it.

The manufacturing part comes from using two random votes to make it seem like there is something hinkey going on. He doesn't even make a vote there. He just throws it out with a basic, "Hey guys, look at this. What do you think?"(paraphrase of Post #40). No elaboration on why he personally thinks it might be scummy or even just a bit off. He wants other folks to tell him.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 am

Post by Oso »

In post 76, Tebow wrote:'Lurking benefits scum' is not a conspiracy theory. You wanna know what's a conspiracy theory? "Axxle-scum came to the thread and saw that three players had voted for players who hadn't confirmed. He chose to use that to make up a fake suspicion of two of them, but actually voted for the third for a different reason while deliberately ignoring a point he could have used to strengthen his argument against the player he was actually voting."

Do you often deflect the comments made towards you by saying, "No him, he did it worse"?
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:52 am

Post by Oso »

In post 81, Psyduck wrote:1) Are you the dude that used to have the ROARBEAR avatar?

The momma Grizzly who looked really pissed off was telling everyone about it? Yes, that was mine.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 84, Psyduck wrote:..
and with the level of activity this one reeks of more blood is better blood.

This might actually get worse before it gets better. Don't know how many folks in this game are from the US, but Independence Day falls smack in the middle of the week so a lot of folks (and this includes me) are going to try to cram 5 days of work into 2 days for a 5 day mini vacation.

Not declaring a V/LA myself as I'll be home all five days but may be a bit too busy to do more than just check in the next couple of days.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:03 am

Post by Oso »

In post 104, Internet Stranger wrote:..
The whole premise of trying to paint a wagon and not plunking a vote on it being scummy is classic newbie fallacy, don't fall for it.

Actually, I've found that exact premise to be a solid place to start a suspicion about a player. In my opinion though, it is way too early in the game for any claims so I'm not going to ask for one and IS is in no danger of a hammer from me at this point for refusing to claim. There were only two players on his wagon that used that reasoning in their votes and the other three votes use reasoning that is extremely weak to no strength at all.

I am going to change my vote though, Axxle's posts are getting [slightly] better.

ChaosOmega.

The end of this post sets off all sorts of bells:
In post 93, ChaosOmega wrote:..
3) Alright, so I'm scum for following along with someone? You know other people have done that so far, right? Are they all scum?
Oh wait, it's because Tebow and I are voting you
and your whole case is just you being defensive and not actively scumhunting.

Internet Stranger wrote:To add to that, they make a grandiose justification to peg that vote on as well, as if they are overcompensating for their crappy vote.

Chaos falls into that category perfectly.

Feel free to let me know what my "grandiose justification" was.
Really, I think you just went to the dictionary and found some big words
to make your case sound better.

Dismissing IS's posts as simply OMGUS and an Ad Hom attack on IS's intelligence.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ChaosOmega
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 126, ChaosOmega wrote:{snippity}
...oh, I guess you want an explanation.
[1]
For the first part, looks like a subtle misrep on your part. You say I'm dismissing his posts as
simply
OMGUS, implying I have no other reasoning for my vote and my whole case is awful. IS is playing plenty shitty enough that I've called out his posts for more than OMGUS. And my point holds regardless.
[2]
There are other people in this game following along with others. If IS is making a case that doing so is scummy, why would he only focus on me/Tebow and not anyone else doing it?

[3]
As for the second part, that wasn't an ad hom on his intelligence. I was pointing out that him saying I had a "grandiose justification" for my vote is just him gussying up a crappy case.
{more snippity}

[1] - As far as I can tell, that is the reason you think that he(IS) hasn't put a vote down. "Why hasn't IS put a vote down?"
In post 93, ChaosOmega wrote:1) If you believe the role that Tebow is playing in this game reminds you of what scum did in his last game, why aren't you voting him? As a follow-up, why aren't you voting ANYONE?
(^I actually liked this part.)

But a not so subtle warning:
In post 93, ChaosOmega wrote:3) Alright, so I'm scum for following along with someone? You know other people have done that so far, right? Are they all scum? Oh wait, it's because Tebow and I are voting you and your whole case is just you being defensive and not actively scumhunting.
"But if you do vote your stated scum read though, I'ma tear you a new one using a variation of OMGUS along with some other, minor things."

Based on what ends up happening in the game, I might concede that I have misinterpreted what I think you did there but that is what I'm going with right now.

----

[2]This just isn't happening.

Nobody else is doing it. I looked at the votes and noted when they happened and looked for patterns based on who was following who into which votes. And guess what? There aren't any. Not even you and Tebow really. You have followed Tebow onto exactly two votes: Me(Oso) and Internet Stranger. There are some alternating pairings: I vote Axxle, McStab follows then he votes you(Chaos) and I end up there. TvK follows Axxle onto Tebow then TvK goes onto Echo and Axxle ends up there as well for a while. And that is it.

Which does make me wonder why IS is trying to pair you up based on that. It is kind of a variation on what torqued me about Axxle in regards to his thought on the Tangion(now PsyDuck) votes. Something that (right now) can be explained more simply as coincidence rather than coordination. So no, without some sort of solid supporting evidence I'm not seeing what IS is getting at all.

----

[3]Whether I agreed with what you were saying or not in that post, up until that point you were attacking IS's reasons and thought process but that came across as the mafia equivalent of "...and finally, yer ugly and yer momma dresses you funny." It was a switch from attacking the argument to attacking the player. Specifically that he might actually be uneducated enough to need a dictionary to get a word like 'grandiose'.

[preview edit: This turned into a semi-wall.]
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:38 am

Post by Oso »

Check in post, holiday in full swing but I'll be around.

Chaos remains at the top of my scum list, I'll keep my vote there.

My initial reaction to Psy putting IS at L-1 is the same as Tebow's:
The Psyduck wagon was mostly 'OMG he put someone at L-1 early!' which is a gutsy move because people are absolutely bound to have that exact reaction,..

Echo's reason to vote PsyDuck isn't half bad. I don't agree with it but I can see the reasoning behind it.

McStab, his vote strikes me as odd, don't know why. It might have something to do with the detail he went into to justify his vote his on Axxle before switching over to PsyDuck. Have to look at that closer.

Spoiler: Getting head back into game
Recap:
Chaos - Not happy with IS.
IS - Not voting but obviously not happy with Chaos or Tebow.
Tebow - Not Happy with IS.
Echo - Not happy with PsyDuck.
McStab - Not happy with PsyDuck.
PsyDuck - Voting IS but doesn't seem like he is really unhappy with IS, or at least hasn't stated so.
Axxle - Not happy with Psyduck.

Guttersnipe
TvK
Code_X

All have votes out but their posts are ambiguous. I can't figure out who they like/don't like other than their votes

Guttersnipe hasn't pushed McStab past his intial vote of him other than to say 'Let's kill him'.

TvK is voting Echo but it seems like he likes McStab even less.

Code_X is voting TvK but no real follow up.

Didn't read spoiler: Guttersnipe, TvK and Code_X, moar posts pleeze.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:49 am

Post by Oso »

In post 134, ChaosOmega wrote:TvK: You would think that if you're gonna make a couple statements about people being scum, you'd vote for for one of them. You're still voting Echo, though. Is Echo a stronger scumread for you than Psyduck or McStab?

Hate to use something from a post from my strongest scum read right now, but I'll echo this question.

From your last:
In post 132, TvK wrote:About IS. He doesn't come across as scum, he more comes across like normal IS. I absolutely don't like Psyduck's vote and I also don't see how he is likely town (adressing Code_X). Also McStab changes his vote again. And again he does that after someone else voted that person first. Sheeptown or scum trying to follow town?

Nothing whatsoever on your current vote, Echo.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:08 am

Post by Oso »

@Guttersnipe, your post #148 is a bit disjointed but with the others you have, at least I can see (I think) where you are coming from.

I'm going to agree with you on Axxle. Except that I think he's town regardless of IS's alignment.

Tentatively agree on McStab, he needs to be looked at. The more I re-read his post and esp where he unvoted Axxle to go onto PsyDuck, the more he bothers me. The need for him to justify a prior vote before moving a vote just comes across as wrong esp. since his prior votes and unvotes didn't seem to have much thought put into them at all.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: McStab

Code_X, going to disagree there as well in that I am not putting him as deftown. He hasn't done a whole lot so far except call some folks town. His posts are taking the definition of 'brief' to an extreme. Less than half his posts have anything worth reading and three of those are his last three.

The rest, I'm still thinking on.

Need to get this out because it is bugging me and it makes no sense to me.

@IS. Whatup? You have a join date of 2002 and over 4200 posts.
In post 75, Internet Stranger wrote:And the fact that Chaos' is following along like some minion casts suspicion onto him.
In post 104, Internet Stranger wrote:I assume that there are at least two scum on my wagon. Chaos seems like one of them and I don't understand why Tebow allows Chaos to sheep him so blatantly.
In post 108, Internet Stranger wrote:I also dont like the way Chaos globs on to Tebow, its too convenient.
In post 109, Internet Stranger wrote:I want to to hear from Chaos one more time too. How come you dont ask him any questions, Tebow?
In post 122, Internet Stranger wrote:So you are saying that you enjoy having Chaos as your minion so you deem him as town? Is that convenient for you?
In post 125, Internet Stranger wrote:Tebow, that little relationship with Chaos that you are describing sounds like scum partners performing a routine.
In post 143, Internet Stranger wrote:My issue is that Chaos is activelly climbing straight up into Tebow's ass and Tebow seems to be getting jiggy with it.

I'm going with that you(IS) may be town because of the relative speed you were L-1ed and a couple of points you made in between the above but seriously, what are on about with this? I'm having a mental disconnect here because of your experience, Chaos' experience (he's been here longer than I have) and the fact that Tebow strikes me as inexperienced but not brain dead.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:30 am

Post by Oso »

Ah, that is how much it doesn't make sense to me. I can't even articulate it properly.

You have drawn a full blown, 2 way scum connection between two players based on D1 play:
In post 125, Internet Stranger wrote:Tebow, that little relationship with Chaos that you are describing sounds like scum partners performing a routine.

From where I sit you shouldn't be, no matter what you may think it looks like. If nothing else, your experience should tell you that happens so seldom that it isn't even really worth considering.

Like i said, your conclusion is confusing me.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:41 am

Post by Oso »

I'm not getting at anything. As stated, I think there is a chance you may be town but your actions confused me.

So I asked.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by Oso »

Hello ConfidAnon. This is starting to look like an impromptu Mini-1333 reunion.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:15 am

Post by Oso »

I think trying to find scum among the Chaos/Tebow/IS trio is going to be about useless today. It has already pretty much degenerated into a 'no you....' argument where all involved are starting to simply restate their arguments.

You make a decent point about Chaos that I hadn't thought about, ConfidAnon. Trouble is, for me at least, his post are starting to make some sense. So yeah, there may be scum somewhere in that trio but I'll admit I can't see yet. Too many things are in conflict with either alignment and saying there are mixed signals there is an understatement.

MCStab and Code_X are where I think we should be looking. Call it mainly gut but I'd bet money there is scum in those two.

McStab: IS used 'bloodthirsty town' which makes some sense except for his Post #130. I can't express how much that post is bothering me, it almost marks a watershed in his play as up until that point, he hasn't explained anything and then he feels the need to justify a previous vote before moving on to another one.

Code_X: Basically doing nothing. Something I could see scum doing seeing the controversy surrounding IS/Tebow/Chaos. Post enough to let everyone know you are still here but that is about it. If there is one player in the game that has actively parked his vote in a useless spot, it is Code_X. He hasn't even advanced why TvK(now Arugula) is a good vote. All he has done is say TvK(Arugula) 'Needs more attention.' and earlier stated that he didn't like that TvK(Argula) didn't answer Tebow's question and that he wasn't commenting enough.

One thing both players have in common: They have made minimal comments on the main issue in the game at the moment: IS, Tebow and Chaos. Even our two new replacement have managed to at least give some sort of definitive comment there.

I'm going to stay with McStab but Code_X would be close second. Anyone in IS/Tebow/Chaos would be a distant third. Actually throw out Tebow. IS or Chaos would be a choice as a (very) distant third.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:10 am

Post by Oso »

This is a check in fluff post. Weekend and semi-vacation are over and it is back to normal for me.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:29 am

Post by Oso »

[Pedit: I saw some posts had been wile I've been plugging at this so I won't finish it but will post what I have so far as it explains why I'm not going to go after after anyone in the Tebow/Chaos/IS trio...Don't agree with Fate about McStab but will reserve judgement until McStab makes his promised additional post. Code_X would be my second, so no real problem with the unvote/vote the though]

Some thoughts while waiting for McStab to get off V/LA.

Spoiler: Tebow - Chaos Omega - Internet Stranger

Tebow
: On doing a full re-read and ISOing everyone, going town here. Anyone disagrees, ISO him and get back to me if you get an impression other than Newb Town. Not connected in any way to ChaosOmega from anything I can see despite what it might look like.

ChaosOmega
: Initially, I thought the point Internet Stranger might be trying to get across to Tebow in regards to Chaos was that Chaos might be sheeping Tebow in order to poison Tebow's alignment. Chaos flips scum, some Einstein get the idea that Tebow is also scum and runs with that. Actual thought on that though is that it simply doesn't work. One, maybe two players who weren't thinking it through might run with it but no one else would. So yeah, not connected to Tebow.

There are some things that I believe might bear looking at later but that is going to need, for me at least, some context and posts that aren't tied up with his back and forth with IS.

Internet Stranger
: Honestly, have absolutely no idea what to make of him. Tunneling, crap logic, trying to shove that connection at the thread. It went from Chaos is scum for doing it, through Chaos and Tebow are scum to Tebow might be scum because he's 'getting jiggy with it'. It makes a nice circle. If I wasn't so conflicted about what he's doing in relation to what my mind and gut are telling me (they are on opposite sides) I'd be voting him. Like Chaos though, I think time and some posts that aren't related to Tebow/Chaos are in order before deciding.

[Part of PEdit: I was going to mention all the players. Any players not mentioned you can assume Null or TBD. Except Axxle, he's in the group of players (Tebow, Chaos and IS) that I have no real interest in seeing lynched today.]
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #25) » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 241, Code_X wrote:
In post 237, Oso wrote:Except Axxle, he's in the group of players (Tebow, Chaos and IS) that I have no real interest in seeing lynched today.

Why?

His Psyduck vote post here. (I assume you are asking about Axxel specifically, yes?)

Not that he voted PsyDuck, if he(PsyDuck temp Fate) does turn out to be scum, that L-1 vote isn't going to be an indicator of it.

But rather that he unvoted IS. If I were scumAxxle to a scumIS, I wouldn't unvote. If I were scumAxxle to a townIS I still wouldn't unvote. PsyDuck and the hammer are going to take all the heat from that lynch if it happens. I'm willing to believe that Axxle has no clue as to what IS's alignment is. That means townAxxle from where I sit right now.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:36 am

Post by Oso »

I'm liking Code_X more and more myself.

I'ma wait for McStab's promised additional post to evaluate but a look at what I think Code_X's current Town/Null/Scum list is, pretty much coincides with who is LEAST likely to be lynched today landing is the null or scum category and all the controversial votes that might actually lead to a lynch eventually, land in town.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:34 am

Post by Oso »

In post 291, Fate wrote:Code's defense literally comprises of the brow beat method of "lol no ur wrong ur bad" with no actual substance or content beneath that to come from a town perspecitve. He has no reason to not question his read on my slot given how "bad" all of my reads are, and his desire to lynch IS is just thrown out there as a cheap appeal to anyone who is getting sick of town IS.

This is pretty transparent although players like Oso who get their reads differently easily fall for it,.

No I'm seeing it. The cheap appeal part anyway.

The other part ties into what I was getting at but IS said more clearly "
Sounds to me like scum avoiding being pegged in mislynches.

His IS vote would be a deviation from my thought that he is staying away from anyone who might be an actual lynch today but yeah, he is trying to divert there.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:36 am

Post by Oso »

Screw it, McStab can be looked at more closely tomorrow.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Code_X
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:50 am

Post by Oso »

@ Code_X.

Right now I'm willing to go with that.

On a scum flip of you, I'ma put your town list in a special place with a label: "Look here only in LyLo."
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:01 am

Post by Oso »

In post 302, Guttersnipe wrote:Oso, what can I do to get you to look a little more closely at Chaos?

I am and have looked at him. Like I said earlier, I can't get anything solid out of that whole IS/Tebow/Chaos mish-mash. The further we get away from that, the more sense it may make to me once I get a body of posts from both IS and Chaos where they aren't going at each other. The signal to noise ratio in that whole thing was predominately noise.

Fate tagged it right on the nose, the way I get my reads. My gut and snap conclusioner (is that even a word?) malfunction more than they work. I try not to use it too much on D1 and not at all the rest of the game.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by Oso »

Um, I 'm voting Code_X. I took my vote off McStab.
Your vote was on there twice in fact. Thanks for pointing it out.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #32) » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:48 am

Post by Oso »

Well, I certainly can't help with the activity part.

V/LA until Monday
with a good possibility I'll be asking for a replacement.

@Inkal, I'll let you know by Sunday one way or the other on the replacement. Or sooner if possible.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #33) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:57 pm

Post by Oso »

Hi folks.

Just PMed Inkal with a replacement request due to real life getting busy (actually, I'm getting slammed) for the next couple or three weeks.

Apologies to all.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:54 am

Post by Oso »

Good Job Maestro.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 776, Iknal wrote:Guttersnipes refusal to NK baffled me for a bit there I must admit.

I've never really encountered it here since I'm pretty sure this is the first Mafiascum game I have played in that had an SK (I'd have to go back and double check though) but off-site, most SKs were compulsory killers. They had to attempt to kill. A variation had even/odd nights or a player choice of not killing on a single night during the game.

Point being that you could set up the role with some qualifiers I think and still have it qualify as 'normal'.

From the Wiki:
Serial Killer exists to ratchet up the death count per Night
and raise the swing of the game tremendously due to the SK's independent motivation.

The bold. As a Mod, I'm sure you could compel the person with the role to kill simply by making it a condition in the Role PM.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Oso »

When I read through what had happened after I had to replace out, I was pretty confident you'd win Maestro an for an off the wall reason as well.

Most folks are savvy enough to see through a Town v Town fight like if IS and Chaos were going at each other and one or the other flipped town. Most players wouldn't auto assume the other was scum. But with whole D1 mish-mash between Choas, IS and Tebow, I'd give it better than a 50% chance that once Tebow and IS were showing Town in the dead list, Chaos would be lynched at some point.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by Oso »

On the read thru, I can't argue with uou NK choices. You picked up the Axxle thing. I missed it.

I'd have NKed IS night one because I thought he was telegraphing a PR as well, but I was wrong on the role. I had IS pegged as the SK about mid way through D-1 (if there was in fact an SK). Gutter was a complete surprise when he flipped. I thought he was just an out of control townie.

But no, those were good NK choices. I've played two games with Fitz (three now) and he was town in all. If that is his normal play then he would likely be a cast iron bitch to get lynched.

Gutter was hammer happy which isn't really a bad thing, unless you are the one at L-1 then that's bad. So yeah, NK him as a preventive if you think you can't get him lynched.

Tebow, well.....agree, not much of a danger but he wasn't getting lynched either IMO. Wouldn't want to take him to LyLo.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (isolation #38) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Post by Oso »

Maybe Inkal could post Full Roles and Night Actions?
-

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”