Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Mini 1351 - Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:09 pm

Post by Iknal »

Welcome to Mini-normal 1351.

“As you head into the town hall this morning for the emergency meeting that the mayor called for last night you realize something is off, way off. Everyone seems to be apprehensive about something. When you pass the large double doors of the building you see the mayor, his wife and the sheriff hanging from the beams at the back of the building, their eyes rolled back. They have been clearly dead for a while. Puzzling the reasons behind this you make your way toward the bodies, easily visible on the wall behind the mayor, written in what appears to be blood, you can't tell whose, is a message.”

Your mayor and sheriff are dead, as well as their entire families and their bodies strung up here as a warning. We will have this town and will kill anyone standing in our way.

“'But there has been no visitors to this town in months' you think, 'the killers must be among us'”

Game Status: Over, Mafia Victory.
__ __ __

No votes yet.

Alive players:
Oso
Maestro

TvK
Arugula

*Denotes a prod
Bolded players have confirmed

Spoiler: Dead People
1. McStab - Mafia Rolecop, lynched day 1.
2. Axxle - Town Jack of All Trades, killed during night 1.
3. Code_X - Vanilla Town, lynched day 2.
4. Guttersnipe - Serial Killer, killed during night 2.
Tangion
;Psyduck
;Fate - Town Roleblocker, lynched day 3.
6. Tebow - Vanilla Town, killed night 3.
7. Internet Stranger - Town Reporter, lynched day 4.
8. havingfitz - Vanilla Town, killed night 4.
9. ChaosOmega - Vanilla Town, lynched day 5.

Last edited by Iknal on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 54 times in total.
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Modding: N/A
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Post by Iknal »

Rules of the Game: (
modified
stolen from Bbmolla)

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM or bolded in the quick-topic provided by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as:
Vote: PlayerName
or VOTE: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either
Unvote: PlayerName
or
Unvote
. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may
Vote: No Lynch
- a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will have 3 week deadlines. At deadline, if there is not a simple majority of votes there will be No Lynch.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.

2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

Here is the Role PM for a Vanilla Townie, at least one person has received this PM.

Vanilla Townie
You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity. This means you have no special abilities bar the power to vote. Use it wisely.
At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
You win when all threats to the town are dead and at least one member of the town is still alive, whether you survive to the end or not.
You can find the game thread here: __________________________
Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role. Thank you.
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Post by Iknal »

Role PM's going out now, please confirm via PM. Day will start when 8 players have confirmed.

Edit: PM's are out.

Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:16 am

Post by Iknal »

With that we have 8 confirmed, Day 1 has begun. Go!

Ooops, Deadlines are good. 17th July, 22:30 Australian Eastern Standard Time
Last edited by Iknal on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:19 am

Post by Code_X »

Must refrain.......

VOTE: InternetStranger

VOTE: Echo
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:38 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

vote: McStab
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:54 am

Post by Tebow »

Vote: McStab
. Bandwagon ho!

I'd find it useful if everyone could share with me any meta expectations they have of other players in the game they've encountered before - who tends to be spammy, who is a particularly good/bad logician, who has a tendency to tunnel, etc etc. I don't believe I've played with any of you before, though IS of course is notorious.
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:56 am

Post by Guttersnipe »

I've only played with IS before.

Vote: Axxle
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:34 am

Post by Oso »

VOTE: Internet Stranger

Your avatar scared my cat.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:46 am

Post by Tebow »

In post 8, Oso wrote:VOTE: Internet Stranger

Your avatar scared my cat.

Unvote, Vote: Oso
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:47 am

Post by Axxle »

Vote: Tebow

Such a Fantasy Football troll last year.

@Tebow: Regarding meta, I have no idea. I've played with Echo and ChaosOmega each only once. Not enough to recognize any sort of meta.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:59 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

As for meta, I modded a game where Echo was scum, but the whole BabyBlue thing turned it into a shitshow, I don't think I can get much if anything from that game in regards to reading him. I replaced into a newbie with Axxle where he was scum and got him lynched very soon after, so I might be able to get a read on him. Played with Code_X, he died N1 in that game, he was town, he looked very town in that game, no idea what his scum game looks like.

I can get behind an Oso wagon.

unvote, vote: Oso
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:01 am

Post by Axxle »

In post 6, Tebow wrote:IS of course is notorious

I haven't been around the forums for long. Why is he notorious?
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:15 am

Post by Code_X »

Meta wise - I've played with Chaos same game as above. He appeared pretty town to me. I've played with Oso in an ongoing game so wont elaborate on that and I recently lost in lylo as town in a game where I hammered TVK townie to lose the game and IS scum tried to pull any amount of bullshit during the game as scum. His reputation proceeds him.

Oso is a wagon full of win!

VOTE: Oso
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:37 am

Post by Code_X »

Funnily enough that TVK and IS game, Iknal also played and he was scum also grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

/confirm
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by Tebow »

In post 13, Code_X wrote:
Oso is a wagon full of win!
VOTE: Oso

Do you see what I see?
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Post by Code_X »

If it's the fact he completely ignored your request, then yes.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Post by Oso »

What request?
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Post by McStab »

In regards to Meta, I haven't played with anyone here before, so I have nothing to go off of.

Vote:Tangion
Echo
Echo
Goon
Echo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Post by Echo »

VOTE: Tangion

gl hf

This is my second game in years so I don't have any meta.
TvK
TvK
Goon
TvK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:57 pm

Post by TvK »

VOTE: Tebow
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:24 am

Post by Iknal »

Current VoteCount 1.0:
Code_X - 0 - No-one
Echo - 0 - No-one
McStab - 0 - No-one
ChaosOmega - 0 - No-one
Guttersnipe - 0 - No-one
Internet Stranger - 1 - Oso
Tebow - 2 - TvK, Axxle
Oso - 3 - Code_X, ChaosOmega, Tebow
TvK - 0 - No-one
Axxle - 1 - Guttersnipe
Tangion - 2 - Echo, McStab

Not voting - 2 - Internet Stranger, Tangion
With 11 alive it takes 6 to Lynch

Deadline is 2 weeks, 6 days.

Yeh, sorry about that Code, IS and TvK, had exams then ended up in hospital

Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:31 am

Post by Tebow »

In post 17, Code_X wrote:If it's the fact he completely ignored your request, then yes.

That, but not just that. He voted for a guy who hadn't posted yet on the basis of his avatar. IE, his random vote was premeditated and he didn't even read the thread before posting it. What better way to avoid making a questionable reaction that to not react at all?
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:13 am

Post by Oso »

In post 23, Tebow wrote:
...He voted for a guy who hadn't posted yet on the basis of his avatar. IE, his random vote was premeditated and he didn't even read the thread before posting it.

This is a true statement

Others in the running were Tebow, your name sounds like that TiVo and I could never get the one I used to own to work right.

Code_X was in there but the joke would have to do with an ongoing game.

McStab was a candidate for a joke vote. Obvious reasons there.

Guttersnipe was also a candidate with a reference to 19th Century Victorian literature. Dicken's Oliver Twist and Artful Dodger come to mind.

All considered at the time Papa Zito posted the player list for this game well before the game opened.
-

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”