Mini 1353 - Dr. Who Mafia - The End of Time (Game Over)

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Mini 1353 - Dr. Who Mafia - The End of Time (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:17 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Doctor Who Mafia – The Complete Tenth Doctor Series

Modded by:
Magnaofillusion
Back-up Modded by:
Kdub
Reviewed by:
Faraday

On an Adventure in Time and Space (Alive)
– (1/13)

Spoiler: The winner is here!
T-Bone – Brother of Mine, Mafia Jack of All Trades survived and won.

* = Number of Mod prods received.

Lost in the Time Vortex (Dead)
– (12/13)

Spoiler: Here there be Bodies …
Faraday - Madame de Pompadour, Vanilla Town Plot Device was killed pre-game.

jasonT1981 – Jenny, the Doctor’s Daughter, Vanilla Town was lynched Day 1.

Tierce – Father of Mine, Mafia Goon was killed Night 1.

kortul – The Vashta Nerada, Town Hider was killed Night 1.

Iecerint – The Tenth Doctor, Serial Killer was lynched Day 2.

Korlash – Mickey Smith, Vanilla Town was killed Night 2.

Acosmist - Sister of Mine, Mafia Goon was lynched Day 3.

Starbuck – Rose Tyler, Town 1-Shot Commuter was lynched Day 4.

GreyICE - Agatha Christie, Vanilla Town was killed Night 4.

Zang – Jackie Tyler, Vanilla Town was lynched Day 5.

CryMeARiver – Wilfred Mott, Vengeful Town was killed Night 5.

triangle123 – Elton Pope, Vanilla Town was lynched Day 6.

Greenknight – The Master, Town Conditional Bulletproof Bodyguard was killed in Endgame

Fell Through to a Parallel Universe (Mod-Killed)
– (0/13)

Thankfully empty! Congrats to all for that.

Fiddling with a Vortex Manipulator (Replacements)

1. Quilford

Links to Important Events

Pre-game
Day 1
Day 2
-
Day 3
Day 4
- . .
Day 5
- . .
Day 6

Current Deadline

The game is complete.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:21 am, edited 32 times in total.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:17 am

Rules – long ago stolen from Kdub.

General Rules

A1) The mod's decisions are final.
A2) If you feel that I have made a mistake or otherwise have questions, you may send me a PM or post a bolded message in thread like this -
Mod: (message)
A3) You may not discuss this game outside of the game thread unless your role allows you to. This includes PMs, emails, QTs, AIM and other instant messaging services, or any other form of communication be it written or verbal. This includes 'Rant buddies'. Want to rant? Pm me ... I enjoy reading them.
A4) You may not discuss other games still in progress in this game thread, even if you are dead in that game.
A5) If you are dead, you may not post in the game thread or communicate with living players about the game. This
includes
Bah posts.
A6) You may not quote or pretend to quote private communications with the mod or other players. You may paraphrase but if in my judgment it is too close to a quote you may be subject to punishment. You may not make reference to timing of any communication provided by the Mod to you in thread or any other means of communication.
A7) You may not post in invisible, small, or encrypted text. A good rule of thumb on stenography – if the average person could not see the intended message when told how it was created or if the stenography requires outside of thread resources (language translation, etc) it isn’t acceptable.
A8) You may not edit any posts even if you have the power to do so.
A9) Please do not post in
blue
text. This is my mod color. The only exception is use of blue in a VC analysis to distinguish players whose alignment has already been publicly provided.
A10) Breaking any rules may result in penalties, up to and including Modkill. If you are modkilled, you may lose the game, even if your faction eventually wins based on the Mod's discretion. I will decide whether or not modkills end the day.
A11) Do not post from any account other than the one active in the game. Infractions will result in penalties even if no advantage for your faction appears to be gained.
A12) I reserve the right to add or modify rules or make exceptions to any existing rules if I feel there is a situation that requires the mod to intervene.

Voting

B1) Votes must be bolded like this:
Vote: Playername
. Use of the Vote Tags are encouraged.
B2)
Unvotes
are appreciated but not required. To unvote you need to post it in bold.
B3) A lynch will occur when one player has the majority of the available votes for the day. A majority is defined as half the total living players in the game, rounded down, plus 1 additional vote.
B4) If at deadline no player has achieved a majority of votes a no-lynch will occur.
B5) Once a player has the majority of votes needed for a lynch, the lynch is final and further votes and unvotes will not count
B6) You may
Vote: No-lynch
. A no-lynch will occur when the at least half of the votes available in a given day are cast for “no-lynch”.
B7) I will interpret the intent of anything that appears to be a vote at my own personal discretion. If it looks to me as a valid attempt to vote with some technical deficiency (a misspelled or shortened name, a misspelling of vote, etc) then I will treat it as a valid vote. Votes cast by alternate accounts will be considered valid.

Deadlines and Activity

C1) The first Day will have an initial deadline of 2.5 weeks (18 days). After that point each Day will last 2 weeks (14 days) when more than 5 players are alive. Each Day will last 1.5 weeks (11 days) when less than 6 players are alive.
C2) Days will not officially end until the mod locks the thread, regardless of whether a player has accumulated enough votes to be lynched or the deadline has passed. Players may continue to post until then.
C3) Night phases will last for 48 hours from the time the thread is locked at the end of Day. Night actions must be submitted within 48 hours to be guaranteed to be accepted. The next Day will start at the earliest possible time after the 48 hour period has expired.
C4) If a night action is not submitted, no action will be taken.
C5) If a replacement is needed during a night phase, I will extend the Night deadline when a replacement is found regardless of whether the player being replaced has a night action or not. This may be waived if the replacement feels that they have sufficient time to do a full-catchup and take any necessary Night actions.
C6) I will try to prod players when they have not posted for 48 hours. Players may also request prods on other players that may be granted if the Mod feels they are reasonable. All prods will be announced in thread.
C7) If a player does not respond to a prod within 24 hours, or if they need to be prodded too often, they will be replaced. This will be up to the discretion of the mod. Player requested prods will not count towards this rule.
C8) If you will be unable to post for over 48 hours, inform the mod through PM or in the game thread. All V/LA notifications will be made public by the mod unless the player has already done so.
C9) I will try to post vote counts at least once every 24 to 48 hours. Players may request a new vote count at any time and one will be provided at the earliest opportunity by the Mod.

Sportsmanship

D1) Remember, mafia is a team game. Always play to win.
D2) Don’t be a jerk. This includes spamming the thread unnecessarily and attacking other players personally. Behavior that personally offends my sensibilities will result in warnings or punishment that does not benefit your affiliation’s interest based on the severity of the transgression. Consider this your fair warning. Note – This rule
WILL
be enforced.
D3) Treat this game as a commitment and try to stay active out of fairness to the other players.
D4) You may NOT claim to be scum partners with another player. Feel free to claim being scum independent of your partners if you wish. Violating this rule even in jest will result in Modkill.

Other Notes about this Setup and Game

E1) All Night actions will be resolved using Natural Action Resolution. Remember the golden rule involving NAR … the timing list only comes into play when a direct conflict occurs. In the eventuality that a conflict arises that Natural Action Resolution cannot resolve the Mod reserves the right to make a decision based on his personal goals that went into the game design.
E2) If there is a conflict between the rules and what is written in a player's role PM, the role PM language takes precedence.
E3) Players with multiple choices for active night actions may only perform one active action per night unless otherwise stated in the role PM. Factional abilities are considered Active. The only exception to this rule is that the sole surviving active member of a non-Town faction may take one non-Factional Active action in addition to any Factional action they may have.
E4) Non-investigative type roles with an Active ability will not be told if their action was successful or not. Investigative roles will be told something along the lines of "No Result" if their action was unsuccessful.
E5) Protective abilities block all normal kill attempts (even stacked attempts) unless explicitly stated otherwise.
E6) Expect the unexpected. Do not assume that standard expectations are applicable to the game.
E7) All QTs will be made public at game’s completion. Don’t say anything in there that you would not want being aired in public.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:17 am

All Role Pms have been sent out. If you did not get one PM me! The game will start when 11 of 13 players have confirmed via PM.

1. Tierce

2. Iecerint

3. kortul

4. GreyICE

5. Greenknight

6. Korlash
7. jasont1981

8. Acosmist

9. Starbuck

10. T-Bone
11. Zang

12. triangle123

13. CryMeARiver

Note -
bolded
are confirmed.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:47 am, edited 11 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:23 am

Prélude

So much confusion … I awake not in my familiar Palace bed but in this strange place. The furniture is plain and unremarkable. I find my clothing has been transported with me to the dresser. I open the door into a hallway. I hear voices that sound just as distressed as I feel.

Down the hall I carefully walk not knowing if danger awaits me. I enter a grand foyer, like those found in the Palace at Versailles. People mill about here. Some talk to each other with the familiarity of old friends. Others look on from corners with a look of confusion and discomfort on their faces.

I hear bits of converstaions –

“I don’t understand … what has he done this time?”

“…crossing of Time-Lines that could lead to catastrophic collapse of the Time Stream and reality …”

“stocked just like a hotel … there’s plenty of food and drink in the pantry to last us a year …”

I look up and that’s when I notice it. The ceiling is glass … and the sky is dark. I walk to a window to look outside and what greets me almost shatters what little composure I have left. There are no stars in the sky. None at all. The building sits on a little crag of rock just big enough to hold it. Just beyond that sits a great glowing sphere. Every second something flies past the windows and falls into the sphere. A little burst of light accompanies each bit that enters the sphere. I have no idea what is going on …

“What is this?” a commanding voice calls out. A man holds a simple place-card in his hands. A worried look is etched upon his face. He turns the card outward for those of us in the room to see. It has one sentence, printed in scarlet –

Kill them before they kill you!

I can’t take it anymore … my terror moves my feet and I flee back to the room I first found myself in. I throw myself down on the bed and cry.

Sometime later I awake. My room is dark. Someone has opened the door and light spills out from the hallway. I cannot make out who the figure is in the bright light.

“Don’t be afraid” a comforting voice says “It will all be over soon.”

I smile weakly. Then I die …

Faraday - Madame de Pompadour, Vanilla Town was killed as a plot device pre-game.

VT Sample Role PM -

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, Faraday!

You are
Madame de Pompadour – Vanilla Town

You've spent the last 10 years awaiting the return of the the crazy Doctor who came from your fireplace and saved you that Night of your childhood. Now you suddenly find yourself in a strange place with strange people who look and talk so oddly. Well, as a refined lady of the court you will rise to the challenge laid in front of you!

ABILITIES

This Is My Lover, The King of France
(Active) - You may vote each day.

WINCON

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:23 am

Day 1 has begun ...

Vote Count 1.0 - As of post 4

Not Voting (13) - Tierce, Iecerint, kortul, GreyICE, Greenknight, Korlash, jasonT1981, Acosmist, Starbuck, T-Bone, Zang, triangle123, CryMeARiver

The Current deadline is July 17, 2012 at 10:00 am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-07-17 10:00:00).

With 13 active votes - 7 are required to lynch.

Activity Check - All currently good.

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:41 am

Post by Korlash »

Woohoo!

Vote: Rolash
BURN WITH ME!
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:42 am

Post by Korlash »

Fucker can't even spell my name...

Wait that was rude... Is that the kind of man I am? Come on everybody... say it with me... Rude and not ginger!

You all know you wanted to...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:43 am

Post by Iecerint »

Vote: CMAR
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:44 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote: Zang

I'm a daycop, I can't read his useless ass, so guess what I did?

Lynch away folks.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:44 am

Post by Acosmist »

VOTE: Greenknight
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:46 am

Post by Acosmist »

No GreyICE you are the demons
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:49 am

Post by T-Bone »

Checking in...
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:51 am

Post by Tierce »

VOTE: Starbuck

Not ginger, therefore obvscum.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:06 am

Post by Zang »

Vote: GreyICE

He is always scum.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:24 am

Post by kortul »

What a detailed Prélude, i am scared!

VOTE: Korlash

That should help with spelling problems :)
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:38 am

Post by Korlash »

Actually, the most impressive thing about you, kortul, is that after all this time, you're still bone-dead stupid. You've got six billion pairs of eyes, but you still can't see the obvious... That vote... Is two inches too tall... =D

So... anyone else bummed one of the coolest 'non-important' characters had to die right at the start? I've always wanted to snog Madame de Pompadour...

greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:45 am

Post by greenknight »

Vote: Korlash
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:48 am

Post by GreyICE »

We could have Zang lynched already folks.

What is going on...

Free scum lynch day 1 anyone?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:54 am

Post by Korlash »

Your words betray you sir, how is it free?

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:56 am

Post by T-Bone »

Because he's the daycop geesh aren't you reading?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 am

Post by Korlash »

That's my point... Well... one of them at least...

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:08 am

Post by Iecerint »

The Girl in the Fireplace is probably my favorite Season Two episode. :P

I am waiting until page 1.5 to determine whether GreyICE is joking.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:08 am

Post by greenknight »

In post 20, Korlash wrote:That's my point... Well... one of them at least...

I don't think you're the Doctor at all.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:12 am

Post by Korlash »

Iecerint wrote:The Girl in the Fireplace is probably my favorite Season Two episode.

Aye, I wasn't a huge fan of Rose, all my love goes to Martha <3... But this episode does have a special place in my heart... ;_;

Also, you need a nickname fast... spelling that out hurts my face... ><
greenknight wrote:I don't think you're the Doctor at all.

Yeah well... that's because I'm Smith...

John Smith... Says so here on this paper... *flashes paper*

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:27 am

Post by Iecerint »

Martha was pretty boring IMO. Her only real character element was her one-sided crush on the Doctor. I was also annoyed that she was lazily paired with Mickey at the last second in keeping with Doctor Who's ongoing war against interracial couples. ^^~

Donna is easily #1 for me.

~~~

I respond to iec, ice (very comon misspelling), yerk, and iecerint.

I prefer that we avoid "ice" because it'll inevitably be confused with GreyICE.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”