Open 420: Medical Mafia - That's all, folks!

Time Traveling Scumhunter
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by Time Traveling Scumhunter »

Dear game members of 24-hours in the future:

Zach is scum. His focus on an easy target in jackal is a scumfession. He says something is scummy without believing it to be so. Does he really think that a misplaced RVS vote is "scummy" no. Town zach might believe it doesn't help town, but does he really think he's found someone who is evidencing scum tendencies? No. He does not.

VOTE: Zach

Sincerely,
Scumhunter from 24-hours in your past.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:05 am

To: 24 Hours In The Future

Subject: Zach is scum.

In post 57, Zachrulez wrote:I also just got out of team mafia where I was accused of going after easy targets throughout the game. Said targets turned out to be scum... so yeah, buzz term is buzz.

Good lord. Are you really using such a terrible meta argument for why you're awesome and town? Congratulations. Drive your go-cart and celebrate while wearing a fez.

But no. Zach's bringing it up to try and get himself insta-townie points because if he was town there and he went after easy targets that turned out to be scum, he's probably town here!

Oh boy!

Love,
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:47 am

To: The Future

Re: Zach's fluffy filler post

In post 76, Zachrulez wrote:We need more activity, but I don't see any reason to change course at present time.

Change course from what to what exactly? What is this inane post supposed to mean other than "oh hi. I'm here sounding positive!" Explain.

Warmest Regards,
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:23 am

To: Denizens of Future 420

Re: Zach's OMGUS and A Few Other Thoughts

In post 105, Zachrulez wrote:Yeah, a player is posting under a self imposed post restriction as an excuse to do very little and it's not a scumtell at all!

As mort will argue later, this is just dumb. Obviously this entire account is designed to be played this way. The whole formatting is mostly a way to remind you that I am playing on a 24-hour delay. Annoying or not, it's not
scummy
. If you want to make the case for a policy lynch, by all means do that. But instead you're going to argue I'm scummy for it.

In reality, I think you're upset that I have the gall to go after
you
, the most established player in the game who is actually active. Your cries of "OH MY WORD, HE DOESN'T TALK ABOUT ANYONE ELSE" seem to provide evidence of this. I think as town you'd probably be likely to shrug it off, but here you feel like you're playing well, so why should a BAD (from your perspective) attack be able to succeed. Or something. So you want to punish me. Even though you don't believe me to be scum. In fact, I suspect you know I'm not scum.

In post 107, Zachrulez wrote:
Stuff about Zach: Blah blah blah blah, lots of stuff.

Stuff about anyone or anything else: Big fat 0.

<skipping some stuff>

This is really the first major trinket of anything I've really had to go on. My reads have been in flux because there's really been a whole lot of nothing going on, and I'm disliking what Time Traveler is doing because all he's doing is focusing on one of the most active players in the game, (IE: Me) which is going to have a net effect of encouraging players to continue doing exactly what they are doing.

I haven't really found anyone's lack of activity particularly noteworthy aside from that.

Note the complete disconnect here. He's pissed that I go after him, an active player who has actually done something scummy. Then he TURNS AROUND and says "oh. there's nothing noteworthy in this game."

Well gosh. Which is it?

In post 119, Jackal711 wrote:Popping in to

VOTE: RachMarie

I've seen her as town and scum (I was also in that newbie game that Morton linked where she flipped scum) and am getting mostly scum-vibes from her posts so far.

Pretty scummy vote.

In post 123, RachMarie wrote:Where on earth did I say his tunnel vision is scummy I did not. However if you look at the other game he so graciously pointed out, you will find that he pushed a fair bit on my predecessor (Field Armada), and he continued a pattern of tunneling on other players til he was lynched.

Both the games he and I were in he was town. I think he is town but not looking at the big picture and tunneling too much.

This is a vaguely scummy defense. Because it's making the argument that he's a bad player (even though he nailed Rach on both times he tunneled), so he should be
ignore
. Not that he's doing it as scum because then she'd have to take a stand on the alignment of mort, but that his attacks should be dismissed out of hand.

Best Wishes,
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:25 am

PS. Avatar uploaded for your pleasure.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:28 am

To: 24-hours in the future

Re: Zach's motivations and his attempts to muddy the water

In post 131, Zachrulez wrote:

So that's what this is about. How established I am.

It's about your thiny veiled OMGUS vote and what your motivations are for doing it. In this case, I think you're upset that I nailed you as scum for what you don't think was scummy. You think you've been active, and you think you're the most established player here, so you lash out in pique.

Contrast that to what I think you'd do as town, which is to roll your eyes at me and move on.

In post 133, Zachrulez wrote:The nothing I was referring to was a void in activity, which doesn't even come close to saying that there's nothing noteworthy in the game et all.

In post 134, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 129, Time Traveling Scumhunter wrote:

In post 119, Jackal711 wrote:Popping in to

VOTE: RachMarie

I've seen her as town and scum (I was also in that newbie game that Morton linked where she flipped scum) and am getting mostly scum-vibes from her posts so far.

Pretty scummy vote.

The easy target becomes scummy.

Now you're just throwing stuff out there to try and muddy the waters. Because this comparison fails (take notice of how I am about to describe why it fails rather than just say "big misrep" as if that somehow explains everything).

First, it fails completely because while my criticism was that you just wanted to lynch easy targets, my own actions have been completely opposite as I've gone after you for your scumminess. The expectation of town-zach is not that I think you'd ONLY ever go after hard targets. It's just that I think you'd probably not focus on easy ones. Unless you think you're an "easy target" this reasoning doesn't need to go any further.

Second, I didn't follow my commentary on the scummy vote with "My vote is because he's not advancing the game" as you did because my goal isn't to get lynches without actually taking responsibility for a bad lynch.

Hopefully I'll see some good stuff in a few of my hours of people noting Zach's scummy behavior here, but these posts are the last I've read.

Have a nice day,
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:59 pm

To: Weekend Warriors of the Future

Re: Robo skims and spouts off

Zach wrote:Starting here, I don't scumhunt this way, so your entire analysis in this regard is faulty. I indiscriminately hunt for scummy play, I don't take into account whether the person committing the actions is an "easy target."

Also going to note that attacking someone for going after an "easy target" is lazy play. It's a very easy thing to attack. (For example, I could villify everyone on the Rach wagon as going after an easy target since her wagon has formed while she's apparently had real life issues if I completely ignore that her play has actually been scummy and that the wagon is warranted.

I don't see how your scumhunting differently in any way changes the fact that your attempt to equate my saying "scummy vote" to jackal and your vote on him earlier in the game are the same thing. Your attempt to cast it as something else is pretty damning.

Oh, and very "clever" to try the old "I am rubber you are glue" attack: You're scummy because you made an easy attack on me for making an easy attack on Jackal.

To give you a visual representation:

More seriously, if I wanted to go after someone easy, you aren't likely the one I would have targeted. I'm an unknown here. People aren't just going to take it off faith I know what I'm talking about, so going after you was always going to be an uphill battle. But given the fact I'm reasonably sure you're scum, it's the good fight.

Zach wrote:Are you assuming Jackal is a bad lynch? How would you know that exactly? Also how can you possibly know I'll avoid responsibility for a lynch I am on? This is magical knowledge of the future you are ninjaing into the discussion where you hope to lynch me on hypothetical arguments regardless of whether they actually prove true.

I am not assuming anything. But I AM saying that in the case where you want to pursue an easy lynch to get through the day without taking any responsibility for the lynch if it goes bad IS scummy. Which is what you do when you say that your vote is simply something to "advance the game."

Robo wrote:@ TTSH: You are just twisting Zach's words to make it seem like he has done something scummy. He is right, you have clearly tunneled only Zach this whole game and have not provided any useful information whatsoever.

Am I? Or is this an instance where you gave a very cursory skim to the exchange we've had and have concluded it?

And what "useful" information should I have been providing that I have not? I have a blinking red light of a scum read on Zach, and until someone comes up with something better, I will continue to try and show everyone else just why Zach has been scummy. His initial passive-but-I-look-like-I'm-aggressive play followed by his enraged response to me is what I'm talking about.

Hugs and Kisses,
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:19 am

Re: Robo's Reasoning, Rachel's Ridiculousness

Robo wrote:You saying things like, "Robo skims and spouts off". Doesn't provide anything to your case. I have read the thread and find your argument to be fail, saying I spouted off doesn't make me wrong, it just makes you look ignorant.

Where is this list of easy lynches coming from? Who made the list of "easy to get a lynch"? You saying that nobody understands you is creating a scenario where you are a victim.

You are twisting his words. I read the thread. Stop saying I haven't. I read your argument and it sucks. I explained why, you saying that I didn't read is not a valid response.

What useful information? You haven't said a word about anybody besides Zach. You haven't given reads, possible partners, insight upon other people's cases. You aren't contributing besides these cases on Zach being scum.

First, I didn't say you didn't read the game. I'm saying you skimmed it, made half assed comments based on it with little thought.

Second, is it really hard for you to understand why Jakal would be considered an easy lynch?

Third, to my knowledge you never said why my reasoning sucks. You just said I didn't provide "useful information" or some such, which of course you've provided plenty of because
THIS IS A GAME OF MAFIA IN DAY 1 WHERE THERE IS NO CONCRETE INFORMATION
. Perhaps capital letters will get through to you. However, I'm not optimistic because at this point it's either try radical trial methods or just ease you into a deep slumber before you shuffle off this mortal coil.

---
Series of events:
1. Rach votes me so that she can get my thoughts on other players (other than Zach).
2. Someone points out that's L-1.
3. She goes "oh my word. I thought it wasn't." Then doesn't remove her vote.
4. Then, even though she's leaving on V/LA and has had a vote count, she doesn't remove the vote.

So to answer your question, along with Mort's pretty sound analysis (i.e. linking to some scummy posts), Rach would be my secondary scum read.

Also, as of now (i.e. Monday at 4:17) Zach has not graced us with his response to my post, despite saying he'll be back on Monday morning. Not a huge deal or anything, but I hope he'll come through with something solid.

Love,
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: A potential counterclaim

In post 212, Zachrulez wrote:Deadline's starting to become an issue.

We need TTS to declare whether he's countering or not, and I'm waiting for that before I do anything.

I am not countering.

Sincerely,
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:04 am

To: The Future of O420

In post 227, Robocopter87 wrote:This isn't a newbie game anymore, I'm not backing off because he self voted. Hammer that after he gives his info.

Pretty hard to get anything out of him at all. He may either just be an idiot playing this game or someone who's trying to use his idiot meta. Either way, he's useless to us this game.

What happens if every doctor targets Rach? Which wins out? Will the protection roles keep the killing roles from going through? Need to look back.

No vote for now in case something happens in the next 24 hrs. or so.

Best,
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:27 am

To: future

Okay I looked at it and it looks like Doctor, Weak, Paranoid would all provide protection for three protections. Quack will try and kill (and neutralize the protect of one of those). CPR will try to kill since Rach wouldn't be dying at this point (and neutralize yet another). The Mafia kill will try to go through, and take out the third protect. So rach should be safe.

And I imagine some of you are wondering why we'd take all that effort: because Rach is a confirmed town, and it'll force scum to kill one of the doctors. The doctors, correct me if I'm wrong, will flip with what they are. Getting information on what else we have out there would be useful.

Finally, the question is whether Rach, who is RBed, will take over the doctor who is killed. If so, then Rach will know exactly what type of doctor she is. YAY! If the roleblock works on nurses,

Mod: Does the paranoid doctor block the nurse from taking over?
Doc protects protect against Doc kills, correct?

Sincerely,
TTSH

Return to “Completed Open Games”