Mini 1353 - Dr. Who Mafia - The End of Time (Game Over)

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 549, Korlash wrote:
Tierce wrote:So you've never seen crumbs that are only useful after some event?
I can't continue dancing around this--I've said all I care about the subject. Figure it out.
Crumbs are only useful to back up a claim. End of story. They have no use outside of that, they have no 'time frame' that dictates their usefulness, they do not 'become' useful in any way shape or form.

They are a static device used to serve one purpose, back up your claim. The only crumbs that 'become useful' are those added by scum early on to back up potential future claims. Fake doc/cop/etc crumbs sown in by scum so that if they ever need to fakeclaim they can back it up. Those BECOME useful because they are made without a claim to back up and thus BECOME useful once a fakeclaim is invented FOR THEM to back up.

This is false.

Crumbs are also used to present results in a way that is discreet but will become evident after flips.

A cop can plant an innocent breadcrumb. A watcher can plant a visit breadcrumb. A masonizer can say who they are going to target/who they targeted in a way that is not perceived in a first read.
All of these can be parsed after the player flips that role, and mined for information that the town will need in later times.

It's nearly 4 AM, I desperately need sleep. Good night.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Post by Korlash »

*shakes head* Now we've taken the discussion past it's relevance here. Granted I had forgotten about result crumbs so kudos for proving me incorrect.

The point is, if you use this argument you just brought up, you would be saying your crumbs will become useful... when you die... Which would only further the odds you are lynched today.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Post by Tierce »

...I don't 'daycop results' if that's what you're asking, so that'd be a remarkably stupid lynch decision given that it's D1. Lynching me for results I don't yet have but are laid out as plans in my ISO--bad idea,
non
?

Okay seriously bed. Do what you will, I'll see you when the Pandorica opens.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 517, triangle123 wrote:Argh. I don't like a Jason lynch nor a Tierce lynch. I've had a town read on Jason this whole day, and though I have a basically null read on Tierce because I still wanted to hear more from her about her thoughts on players other than Jason, I'm definitely not up for lynching a claimed power role. But I know it's too late for a GK or T-Bone lynch to go through, so:

Unvote

Vote: Jason

It's preferable to a no-lynch. Jason is now at L-1.

Hoo boy scum with tierce identified.

"I have a null read on tierce but a town read on jason, vote jason"
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:03 pm

Post by kortul »

Unofficial votecount:

Tierce (
L-2
) - GreyICE, Starbuck, jasonT1981, Greenknight, Zang
jasonT1981
(L-1
) - Tierce, Iecerint, CryMeARiver, kortul, Korlash, triangle123
Acosmist (1) - T-Bone
T-Bone (1) - Acosmist

7 hours until deadline. T-Bone, Acosmist, it's time to make a choice.

And if they won't be around, i do hope someone on the Tierce wagon will change a vote closer to deadline to avoid a no-lynch.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Post by kortul »

In post 509, Zang wrote:I'll probably vote for Tierce but I am trying to delay my vote until somebody gives me a case on him.
Did you try reading the posts from those who vote Tierce (instead of arguing with Korlash)? At that moment only Grey, Starbuck and Jason were voting Tierce. Starbuck stated her reasons more or less in one post (450), Grey gave them all over his posts (just do his ISO and search for "Tierce"), and Jason... just agreed with Starbuck that he would be happy to lynch Tierce today. You asked Starbuck nothing (which means you understand her case), so was that "somebody" GreyICE, and if yes, did you really expect Grey to repeat all his reasons in one separate post?
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:15 am

Post by triangle123 »

GreyICE wrote:
Hoo boy scum with tierce identified.

"I have a null read on tierce but a town read on jason, vote jason"

And as I said, I'm not willing to take the gamble that Tierce is a PR. This certainly does not mean I don't want to lynch her ever, but if she's claiming PR, I want an actual scum read on her before I vote for her lynch. I'd rather take the gamble of losing a lurky VT.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:29 am

Post by kortul »

35 minutes left (unless MoI will be late, which is unlikely) and we are still there?

T-Bone, Acosmist - you knew the deadline, and whether or not you will be able to post before. Why didn't you make a choice before? Are you not interested in who would be lynched?

Those on Tierce wagon - do you really want to continue Day 1 tomorrow speculating, with no new information (except for possible night kills)? If you just wanted to show that you suspect Tierce more than Jason, you did it. Push her tomorrow. Now do a town move and avoid no-lynch. If Jason is your firm townread, i can't help it, though i just don't see anything town in him.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:33 am

Post by greenknight »

I think Jason is a policy lynch, but better than none at all.

unvote, vote: Jason
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:36 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Final Vote Count of Day 1 - Lynch occurred at post 558

Tierce (4) - GreyICE, Starbuck, jasonT1981, Zang
jasonT1981 (LYNCH) - Tierce, Iecerint, CryMeARiver, kortul, Korlash, triangle123, greenknight
Acosmist (1) - T-Bone
T-Bone (1) - Acosmist

Not Voting (0) - No-one

With 13 active votes - 7 are required to lynch.

Activity Check - Acosmist has been prodded and must PM directly during Night or he will be replaced.

Mod Notes -
The Mod would also like to point out that you are all M:TG newbs … the best deck to
play is a rainbow deck with Dual Lands, one of each Mox, Black Lotus, The Big Three Blues
and whatever other cards strike your fancy. Even if you lose the game you still win when
players see you playing those cards. Yes … I once had that deck :P

Also a lynch has occurred. Mod scene incoming ….
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:36 am

No Lives Left to Give?

Stress is an interesting motivator. The discovery of the young woman’s body made it clear that the scarlet note-card was not some sort of macabre joke. Soon enough everyone adjusted to the odds circumstances and started going about the business of making the building as habitable as possible. Once that was done the accusations and finger-pointing started.

At first it seemed just like a feeling out process … one person would grill another about what they were doing when Faraday was killed. Some chose to be less involved in the process than others … perhaps the thought of killing was abhorrent to them.

Eventually focus shifted to jasonT1981. He claimed to be the Doctor’s Daughter. A few people dismissed this entirely as rubbish as they had never heard the Doctor talk about an offspring. One person didn’t believe as Jenny was supposed to have been killed on Messaline. Others believed him and didn’t relish the thought of killing someone who seemed so joyful to be alive. Someone finally pointed out that jasonT1981 was no-where to be seen when Faraday met his demise.

In the end those voices that didn’t believe jasonT1981 outweighed those who did and the decision was made – they were certain enough he was one of those seeking to cause the rest harm.

Greenknight reluctantly pulled out a Plasma Disruptor and shot jasonT1981 in the chest. jasonT1981 collapsed to the ground and said as he passed …

“I guess I should really have focused more on running …”

jasonT1981 – Jenny, the Doctor’s Daughter, Vanilla Town was lynched Day 1.

It is now Night 1. All actions are due by July 19 at 10:00am EDT, in (expired on 2012-07-19 10:00:00). Night will end as soon as possible after this time.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:51 am

No Country for Old Men and Microscopic Parasitic Entities?

The worst thing about being trapped in a hotel perched at the End of the Universe? No Sun. You have only the artificial light provided by the lamps and fixtures in the hotel itself. Thus your biorhythms have nothing to sync to. Surprisingly none of you owns a watch, even of the Fob variety.

After respectfully disposing of Jenny’s body (and making sure she didn’t come back to life AGAIN) some people wearily went back to the rooms they had claimed as their own. Others sat up questioning the decision they made that ended the life of the innocent young lady. Still others tried to cover their inner glee at the death. Eventually everyone retires to get some rest, however fitful it will be.

Whatever passes as morning in a place with no days rolls around. People begin to filter out into the hotel common areas, getting breakfast and trying to make sense of where they are and what they should do next.

Eventually it is noticed that some of you are much longer in their rooms than you would possibly expect for people living with killers. So a few go to investigate.

The first stop is Tierce’s room. When she doesn’t answer the door someone opens it. Tierce is lying face-up on her bed. The first thing you notice is the large plasma burn dead center in the middle of her chest. The next thing you notice is that for someone who claimed to be River Song she looks much more like a 50 year old man.

“Are we sure it is her?” someone asks.

“Yes” comes a grave reply “look at the clothing. It is the same style Tierce was wearing yesterday, just cut for a man not a woman.”

“How is that even possible?” a third voice asks.

“Probably some sort of combination of a perception filter and biometric illusion I would guess” someone suggests “Very clever.”

When you move Tierce’s body you notice a small laser pistol hidden under her body. All the weapons were supposedly safely under lock and key … a decision made after Jenny’s death yesterday. So clearly Tiece did not have everyone’s well being at heart.

Tierce – Father of Mine, Mafia Goon was killed Night 1.

But Tierce was not the only missing person. No-one has seen kortul either. Meeting the same lack of response to knocks on his door everyone piles into his room. Instead of finding a body on his bed you find what looks like a shadow. It seems burned into sheet. A quick check of the rest of the room finds kortul is not here. Someone starts babbling about nothing making sense and all sorts of theories come flying forth.

“No, this is clearly a deceased swarm of Vashta Nerada” someone says solemnly “and killing one is not an easy thing to do. There were enough of them that they were operating as a hive-mind capable of fear and self-preservation. Clearly they weren’t looking to harm us … no skeletons to be found anywhere. This is not a good sign”

kortul – The Vashta Nerada, Town Hider was killed Night 1.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:51 am

Day 2 has begun ...

Vote Count 2.0 - As of post 562

Not Voting (10) - Iecerint, GreyICE, Greenknight, Korlash, Acosmist, Starbuck, T-Bone, Zang, triangle123, CryMeARiver

The Current deadline is August 2, 2012 at 10:00 am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-08-02 10:00:00).

With 10 active votes - 6 are required to lynch.

Activity Check - All currently good.

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:47 am

Post by Korlash »

EXTERMINATE!

I'll need to read up on Teirce for links when I get home but my inner scummer says to look at ICE since he more or less started and was the main force behind the push on her. (I know sounds backwards right?)

Anyone notice who kort might have hid behind? Considering there was only his death that seems to imply he was the scum kill, which is going to make this suck to try and read.

More when I get home and have more than just a phone to type into.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:09 am

Post by Iecerint »

My guess is that he hid behind Tierce and that kill killed him. The only other possibility is that he decided not to hide for whatever reason.

Whether the kill in question was a redirected/busdriven scumkill or an alternate killing mechanism (which would require the scumkill itself to have been blocked) is unclear.

I doubt GreyICE is scum. I would go so far as say that GreyICE is confirmed town. Tierce's buddying of GreyICE through most of D1 was way too blatant to be from a scumfriend. This is before you consider that the Tierce counterwagon had serious legs.

Triangle looks like the obvious scumfriend AFAICT. Refer to GreyICE's post on this very page, especially given the size of the Tierce counterwagon.

Vote: Triangle

I am vacillating on how to interpret Starbuck's acceptance of my logic on JasonScum->StarbuckScum given his town flip.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:13 am

Post by greenknight »

In post 563, Korlash wrote:I'll need to read up on Teirce for links when I get home but my inner scummer says to look at ICE since he more or less started and was the main force behind the push on her. (I know sounds backwards right?)

Actually I see your point that if Grey was scum, he could have launched an attack on Tierce that he didn't expect to go through for distancing. But he did push the case on her very hard, and the two major wagons of the day (Jason and myself) were on town, so I think it's more likely that scum were trying to leave things stagnant in the second half of the day as opposed to pulling a bus out of a space-time portal. I'd say Grey is town. It's possible another scum might have jumped on Tierce's wagon for distancing after Grey had already made his case and she was no longer deep-cover (especially since Jason was an easy target) so I wouldn't clear anyone else on that basis. However starbuck isn't my #1 suspect anymore either.

vote: Acosmist

I don't believe he was scumhunting at all. After his rant at T-bone he didn't really follow up and just went back to sniping. I think he was just looking for a Jason lynch via inertia, as opposed to making a serious attempt to convince anyone that T-bone was scum. Given flips so far I think he most fits the profile of scum trying to play under the radar.

Agree Triangle is also looking pretty bad.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:53 am

Post by Zang »

In post 564, Iecerint wrote:My guess is that he hid behind Tierce and that kill killed him. The only other possibility is that he decided not to hide for whatever reason.

He would have died if he hid behind any scum. Not just Tierce.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:38 am

Post by Iecerint »

Oh. I was assuming he would be allowed to hide behind scum safely. I never remember that that's sometimes not allowed because it was allowed for me when I was a Hider.

I don't think it changes the logic about Tierce's death, though -- only that his death may have not been related to Tierce's.

Time to check out Kortul's posts....
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:40 am

Post by Iecerint »

I don't see any kind of crumb. Kortul did note lack of talk/references between Tierce and Acomist, though.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:55 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

In post 559, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Final Vote Count of Day 1 - Lynch occurred at post 558

Tierce (4) - GreyICE, Starbuck, jasonT1981, Zang
jasonT1981 (LYNCH) - Tierce, Iecerint, CryMeARiver, kortul, Korlash, triangle123, greenknight
Acosmist (1) - T-Bone
T-Bone (1) - Acosmist

Not Voting (0) - No-one

With 13 active votes - 7 are required to lynch.

Activity Check - Acosmist has been prodded and must PM directly during Night or he will be replaced.

Mod Notes -
The Mod would also like to point out that you are all M:TG newbs … the best deck to
play is a rainbow deck with Dual Lands, one of each Mox, Black Lotus, The Big Three Blues
and whatever other cards strike your fancy. Even if you lose the game you still win when
players see you playing those cards. Yes … I once had that deck :P

Also a lynch has occurred. Mod scene incoming ….

I'd bet there's one other mafia on that jason wagon.

Tierce
, Iecerint,
CryMeARiver
kortul
, Korlash, triangle123, greenknight
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Who do you think it is?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I am the white void.
I am the cold steel.
I am the just sword.
With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction.

In post 512, kortul wrote:And during the Night 1 i will try to do a research on Iecerint, to see whether something useful is hidden in his meta, he is my town read but i have a feeling he is staying under radar.

I am GreyICE
The End Has Come!

Vote: Iecerint
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Also

Scum claims like scum
Town claims like town

Remember this well, children~
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Post by Korlash »

Hmm... that's good enough to start. I love that ICE is the one to point it out too... Makes me want to see Banna's flip even more...

Vote: Iecerint

I still need to look into Teirce but it might have to wait as I have Batman tonight! na na na na na na na... BANE! rowl!

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Is your custom title a goal or a joke?
Show

Official Visigoth