MISH MASH GAME LIST (Old)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:26 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 6, Nicholas1024 wrote:Put Survivor: Middle Earth into the upcoming section, if you please. It will probably start after at least one of BB: Espionage and Survivor: Two Worlds has ended.

Player cap? Will you be taking pre-/ins?
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I was just pointing out that I know the list is incomplete and I'm dealing with it. Upcoming games are fine.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:51 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok, the OP should be up to date now. I'm trying to only include games that are running and active, so let me know if there's something I missed out accidentally. Also, I'm not going to write descriptions for every single game, so if you want one added post it when you announce your game.

Mehdi, I'd like to pre-/in for that Mario Bros survivor if I didn't already.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:36 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Added a "casual" section for games with loose rules/goals and no signups, think "Ban the Above Poster". Requested by inspiratieloos.

In post 13, animorpherv1 wrote:King of the hill has fail url.

In what way? It seems fine to me.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:18 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Moved Get to 1,500, added a bunch of upcoming stuff, fixed the Scumleague Fantasy Football link. kdowns, do you want your Rumble game added as upcoming, or are you still just thinking about it?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:00 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 38, Maestro wrote:
In post 0, Xalxe wrote:
I/my backup/my co-mod needs mod powers, what do I do?

PM me, I can give the required powers.

Inquiring for co-Mod powers for RTD: Pokemon Edition, which is now in sign-ups if BS2000 hadn't already let you know...

You should have full mod powers for the thread now. Let me know if you need anything else.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:33 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Should be up to date.

What do you guys want me to do about the replacement thread? I'm happy to leave it, but I can see it being more convenient to have replacement requests done in this thread. They may get more publicity here, too.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:23 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 57, RedCoyote wrote:Oh, cool. I never checked this thread before.

izak, do you have authority over the archived mish mash games forum? I want to know because I wanted to "unlock" a thread in the archive temporarily and copy BBcode to save myself some time.

Yes, it's a subforum of Mish Mash so I can moderate it. I don't think I can unlock one thread without unlocking the entire forum, but I could temporarily move something back out of the archive. What's the thread you want?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:50 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 61, RedCoyote wrote:But, actually, if it's not much trouble, izak, could you just move it back to active? Let me get the thread.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=16274

Sure. Let me know when you're done with it.

In post 62, TheBadOne wrote:I think Survivor Two Worlds is abandoned by Mastermind so I don't think we should wait much longer with so many survivor games in the queue...

Has anyone tried to contact mastermind? There isn't a queue as such, but I agree that the list of upcoming survivor games is longer than ideal.

EDIT: just realised I archived Two Worlds a few days ago, it was locked and hadn't been posted in by anyone but mastermind (and his last post was a long time ago). Does anyone know anything more about this game?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:57 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ultimately it's mith's decision on whether a game is mafia or not, but I would say that's fine. It may slip through as a mutation in the theme queue too, but I believe it's been run as both mafia and MM in the past.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 88, Xalxe wrote:Can Exterminate be marked as abandoned yet, Izak?

I'll take it off the list when I fix it later, but I'm not archiving it yet incase it gets revived somehow.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I don't see any reason to make an exception for one game. I've noted the game as abandoned, and I'll be moving it after the normal time. If you think two months is too long in general, feel free to suggest an alternative, but "it's blackberry" doesn't change anything.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 95, Chevre wrote:
In post 89, Shiidaji wrote:So F3 basically turns into everyone submitting all of their coins, and the person with the least amount being eliminated without being able to put up a fight?

No. Everyone would submit their coins, sure, but the two with the least would be at the mercy of the one with the most, for they have to select who to take to the final 2.

The reason I like this because it adds an aspect of social strategy to the coin game.

I believe there was quite a bit of social strategy in Remix.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #13) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:19 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 113, Pizzadudes7 wrote:You mean the fact that he misspelled Murphy's?

No, it's meant to be Muphry's Law. Look it up.

Spoiler: edit
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:30 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

It's only a temporary ban, so I'm not changing the OP. I'd be happy to temporarily add a topic moderator though. Is there anyone Ythan and/or the players would prefer?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:02 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 166, Kcdaspot wrote:hey Izak could you put my Let's play FTL in you list somewhere?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23611

I'm not entirely sure where to put that...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:05 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Eeh, maybe. How the hell is it meant to work?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 192, Packbat wrote:If you wish me to be explicit, I will be, gladly. My understanding is that this thread exists for one purpose and one purpose only: to announce the opening of new Mish-Mash games so that players interested in playing in those games may seek their threads and join. Very well, you have announced. And when you open a thread, you can announce that too. In the meanwhile, unless I am mistaken about the nature of game list thread etiquette (and I will gladly accept rebuke if I am) you - and all the other Mornington Crescent fanatics - should clear the floor.

Actually, some discussion of upcoming games is not entirely out of place; after all, one function of this thread is to replace the Upcoming Games thread, which was commonly used for discussion as well as announcements. Obviously if it reaches the point of spamming the thread, or getting too deeply involved in a single instance of a game I may have to move/split/delete some posts, but up to that point I don't have a problem with it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:43 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 237, Wraith wrote:Been thinking about starting a Let's Play here sometime in the future with some audience participation. Would I put that in this forum or somewhere else?

I suppose it depends on the degree of the audience participation. I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it being here if you think that's the best choice, but consider that GD/62 may be better suited.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:10 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 265, Xalxe wrote:
In post 264, Maestro wrote:
In post 263, kdowns wrote:... HELP... I'm being mercilessly ridiculed through overuse of a mediecre meme!

FTFY

FTFY

FTFY
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:30 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I was mocking, not participating. There's a difference. I think.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Sure, /pre-in.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (isolation #22) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:59 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

So I guess it's time to make this public.

Planet MafiaScum 2 is now officially a thing. Hopefully we'll start some time in January; I initially had it penned for November, but real-life drama held me up.

For those who don't know, Planet MafiaScum was an 11-month, 300-page political-strategy mega-game run by myself and various co-mods. The idea is that each player creates and runs their own country in a fictional world, with money, alliances, wars, politics, population management, and plenty of LolDrama™. Here's the original if you're interested, though a bunch of it got lost to the crash (which also kind of killed the game).

If you posted in the first game's thread and haven't siteflaked or if you've PM'd me about it, you're already getting a notification PM - let me know if you don't fit either group and want to know when it's starting. Note that there will be NO pre-/ins and entry is by application (though I'm looking to have a good mix of old and new faces, so don't let that put you off!). I'm not set on the number of slots yet, but expect it to be in the region of 12 to 18.

I'll need a co-mod for this game. Ideally someone who's been around in MM for a while, has a good reputation, and isn't going to flake on me. Involvement with the first game would be nice, but not essential. The co-mod will have access to all the mod data, and will be required to give input on how best to resolves disputes and handle situations in a balanced way. They'll also need to be able to help with keeping public information up to date; the extent and organisation of this can be arranged later. I'd also like someone artistic to take my shoddy drawing of the world and make a nice-looking map out of it,
and keep it updated throughout the game
- stuff is bound to change. Note that unlike co-modding, making the map does not mean you can't be a player too. Please PM me if you're interested in helping with either of those!

Spoiler: stuff that's different this time
  • Better, more transparent systems for economy and public approval (both start at 100 and change on a daily basis)
  • Better population growth (also more transparent)
  • Better, more realistic advice from NPCs - JDGA isn't going to try escaping to MafiaMars without someone telling him he's crazy this time
  • More realistic espionage, on both ends - it will be extremely hard (if not impossible) to keep massive projects like nuclear development secret, but it will also be much harder to get people high up in enemy governments (that one's for you, T-Bone)
  • Prods and replacements will be much stricter
  • There will be a small fee per week for maintaining an army, and a substantial fee per day while actively involved in conflict
  • The system for waging war will work pretty differently. On the face of it you'll still just declare war on Country X and tell me what you want to throw at them, but I will be resolving it differently. In particular, rather than losing absurd amounts of soldiers, it will be your economy and public satisfaction that suffer if you do badly.
  • Alliances will actually matter in a way other than player retribution
  • Government type and available area are gone. Bad ideas, poorly implemented, etc.
  • Researching and developing stuff will focused on individual technologies rather than giant projects. Basically the opposite of my answer to the second and third of these.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #23) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:03 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Outstanding MishMash Game 2012 - judges wanted!

We're approaching the end of the year, and with it, the Scummies nominations. For the first time, there will be an award for the best game run in Mish Mash over the year - and the moderator of that game will be given full recognition in the Scummies ceremony, as well as a cool badge under their username. Think you should be choosing the forum's best game of the year? Apply now by PM!

This is also a great time for any last-minute nominations you want to get in for the category - there's still a few weeks until the deadline. Any MM game which
ended
in 2012 is eligible - start date is not important. Ongoing games which have no definitive end and aren't likely to stop any time soon will also be considered. Make sure you include the mod's name(s) and a link to the thread!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #24) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:23 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Insult Sword Fighting III, Telephone Pictionary: Gourmet Edition/The Ramen Years, and Bang! Revival. More noms would be very much appriciated.

The first of the above was mostly lost in the crash so we'll need some player accounts.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #25) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:37 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

The Outstanding Mish Mash Game scummy still needs a couple more judges. Now with (at least) 7 games to choose from!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #26) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:49 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ani, as you well know there are no experience requirements for MM games, and I'm not entirely sure why you're bringing that up now. It doesn't seem to have a lot to do with the topic in hand. But regardless, while it may be a good idea to start with smaller stuff, I don't plan to make rules about experience any time soon. I'm curious about what you mean by "offsite experience" though. Are you seriously saying that any forum game run on any site should be considered parallel to stuff run here? You're right,
I
wouldn't want to give myself the job of judging that either.

Xalxe, the "queue" is informal and unregulated at best, and non-existent at worst; this is how it is supposed to be. When mith was asking what you guys wanted to happen in Mish Mash, I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single person who wanted a mafia-style queue. However, I get what you're saying about preparation. As a general rule, I think people shouldn't announce games until they're at least deep into planning it and have the general outline of it set out.

And as for flaking; yes, I am aware of it. I know when it happens. But there have not been any particularly serious instances since I (properly) became MMM, and I'm not about to try to judge stuff that happened before that.

Now, completely aside from anything official. I know that PMS2 is likely to be pretty big, and will probably run over a decent period of time. Would you guys prefer that I postponed it until there's less Survivors and the like all clamouring for space? I get the feeling that by running it now, I could seriously detract from other big games, and vice versa.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #27) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:35 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 407, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 404, izakthegoomba wrote:Ani, as you well know there are no experience requirements for MM games, and I'm not entirely sure why you're bringing that up now.

I believe that /someone/ is interested in running a formalized queue. The only 'fair' way to decide who can enter or not is exepreience, and I feel like using experience is terribly flawed.

I think the idea of a formal queue is too vague to begin with. What would it be for? Everything? Only Survivor? "Big" games in general? All of those are flawed in one way or another.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #28) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:03 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

1 is already a thing, I just haven't been enforcing it very strictly. The guideline given to me was that
repeated
flaking should require a co-mod, and there haven't been multiple flakes from individuals since I've been monitoring it. I am keeping tabs on certain people, though.

2, I would consider that to be common ettiquette. It really shouldn't need to be official.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (isolation #29) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:37 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 412, diginova wrote:What about 3) One large game of each type in play at any one time? So a new Survivor can't start (and start includes taking signups) until the Sole Survivor is crowned in the previous one.
Also, the same host cannot host 2 larges in a row unless there is nobody else vying for the spot.
That would mean you'd get PMS2, one Survivor, one BB at once... which is good.

Ok, let me say this now: I'm not going to make a massive change like this without presenting it to the mod team for discussion.

Aside from that, this is pretty much what we have informally right now anyway. Now Snakes has clarified, I don't think we've seen any instances of people trying to push in ahead of others in the informal queue. We're really quite a cooperative community, despite the bickering.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #30) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:36 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I don't follow... what would people be guessing at for nominations? Aren't they already known in the Scummies thread?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #31) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:41 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh, alright. I'm stupid.

(I wouldn't bother personally)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (isolation #32) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

...how the hell did they manage to release Munchkin Apocalypse without me noticing?

/in
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (isolation #33) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 529, Maestro wrote:(Also gives me something to wait for whilst izak lets his fantastic sequel dwindle into memory.....) :cry:

(still happening)

(just having... technical difficulties)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (isolation #34) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:39 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Apologies if I'm missing something big here, I'm not completely familiar with the game, but why does this need admin approval?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (isolation #35) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:05 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

You can't /pre-in for a game that isn't even being planned. You are more than welcome to mod it yourself, though.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (isolation #36) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:40 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Just a generic error screen, or the SQL error thing which has been popping up from time to time?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (isolation #37) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:55 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

It's somewhat dubious, but one could argue that that violates the site rule banning
threads which have as their main purpose "posting lots"
. I'd advise against it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (isolation #38) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, sorry, I'll get onto it right now.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (isolation #39) » Fri May 17, 2013 3:44 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 722, mallowgeno wrote:
In post 709, Cybele wrote:I'd like to reserve a place in the survivor waiting list. My teaser post will come when I have enough designed that I think it'll actually run.
Gonna be getting behind Cybele in that quene too...

I feel like there should be a separate list for these on the OP
Like I said before, there is no official queue for running Survivor games. When how Mish Mash was going to be run was being discussed, not one person wanted a mod queue, and I agree with that. I don't see why an exception should be made for one particular style of game.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:30 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I once came up with a complete set of resolutions for rock-paper-scissors-spock-lizard-god-chocolate-cannabis-Michael Jackson, but I think I lost the bit of paper I wrote it down on...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (isolation #41) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:15 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, but do you have flavour for every single one of those interactions? :P
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (isolation #42) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:25 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

IMPORTANT: as of the time of this post, any new games in Mish Mash must have no more than three unlocked threads at any one time. If your game requires more than that, I recommend using an alternative, such as QuickTopic, for your additional threads. This DOES NOT effect any games which started before this post.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (isolation #43) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 848, Maestro wrote:uh, izak? does this effect HPRPG?
If you've already planned around running it all on MS I'll let it slide, but if it's not too much trouble it would be appreciated if you could do it on QT.
In post 849, SleepyKrew wrote:Though honestly, why? Is it actually bothering people how many threads Poke has/HP will have?
Yes. Yes, it is. I've had quite a few PMs about it recently.
In post 850, Chevre wrote:What I've been thinking since this started: Why don't we just designate subforums for each, a la Chess Games?

Sure, one would say that it's not worth the effort for some games especially if they flake, but what if we had an "incubation period" of 2 to 4 weeks?
Are you suggesting we give individual games their own forums? That's... radical. The issue, of course, is that only admins can create subforums, and I am most definitely not an admin. Also, game mods would presumably need proper mod powers within their subforum, which would necessitate extra usergroups. So nice idea, but I don't think it's workable.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (isolation #44) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:18 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 877, RichardGHP wrote:Doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose to grandfather in the worst offender?
I don't want to interrupt games which are already going. The rule is to stop this happening again in the future.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (isolation #45) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:00 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 881, RichardGHP wrote:
In post 879, izakthegoomba wrote:
In post 877, RichardGHP wrote:Doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose to grandfather in the worst offender?
I don't want to interrupt games which are already going. The rule is to stop this happening again in the future.
I meant the Harry Potter ones, which appear to still be in signups.
That's Maestro's decision. If a game is in signups it is (or at least, should be) already thoroughly planned out, and without knowing exactly how Maestro plans to run it I can't make a definitive call on it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (isolation #46) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:56 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 894, xofelf wrote:Well there is one thing that I do semi care about(read as: affect me somewhat) that was stated in these last few pages: The OP of this thread can get woefully behind. If you're not keeping up with thread as it is, often potential games or ones in signups can get missed unless you scour through the Mish Mash forum itself. Not just because of the RPG threads, there are enough other ones that make it problematic as well. I do think that if the OP got updated more often, games in signups wouldn't have to worry about being buried in ongoing things.
Not to make excuses, but I didn't (don't?) think people really use the list. It seems far more reliable and convenient to me to skim the thread's recent posts if you're looking for new games, but YMMV.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (isolation #47) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:20 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

The idea of a forum for games with loads of threads seems quite workable. It should probably be named something very general, though - it should be usable for any game that needs extra threads besides the main one, not just RPGs.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (isolation #48) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:22 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 920, SleepyKrew wrote:I still feel like 3 is an arbitrarily low limit. How about 5? If you need more, then you play your game in...
SKrewtopia
...has there even been a game which has needed 4 or 5 threads, and no more?

That aside, if we were to get a subforum for additional threads, a) I'd want to keep it to just one subforum that ALL extra threads go in, and b) we should probably limit it to just one thread in MM, with no limit on the threads in the subforum.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 941, Mr. Flay wrote:izak, why did you make a sudden and unilateral decision on this?
Firstly, it wasn't really that sudden - people have been grumbling about the threads for a few weeks now, and I agreed that the clutter is unreasonable to anyone who wants to try and browse the forum - especially with more big games coming up soon. I don't think the decision is at all unreasonable, and I made sure it didn't interrupt anything that couldn't easily adapt to it.
In post 941, Mr. Flay wrote:How many threads are we talking about here? 10 now, 27 tomorrow? I don't think it's necessary to cart games off of the forum to proboards or whatever, but it's also reasonable to expect that Mish-Mash be somewhat navigable. We split Chess off for way less than 27 threads, I think.
I believe the idea here is not to cart off "big games" to a different forum, but rather to allow games needing extra threads besides their main one to put these extra threads in the subforum, while keeping their main thread in Mish Mash.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (isolation #50) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 961, fuzzybutternut wrote:All in favor say "I"
"aye" is also acceptable.
Or any variation of the word.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (isolation #51) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:02 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 971, Rob14 wrote:That's...not true. Your original suggestion to games was to take stuff off-site.
Yes, but that was before the idea of a new subforum was even raised.
In post 971, Rob14 wrote:You also described the idea to create a subforum as "radical", IIRC.
No. What I called "radical" was the idea that individual games could have their own subforums - I also explained why this would be incredibly impractical. I used no such description for the idea of generic subforum for extra threads.
In post 969, Mr. Flay wrote:That's not really what I meant. Did you have any PUBLIC discussion before coming to a new rule? One-way conversations between disgruntled folks and you is a start, but not an end.
I didn't see this as such a big deal - and to be honest, I still think it's not as huge as the explosion of posting would suggest. I sympathise with Maestro's position - that browsing the forum shouldn't be the primary method of finding a particular thread when we have egosearch, bookmarks, and subscriptions available. Everything I've done with relation to the issue has been in the attempt to appease people with the minimum upheaval possible.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (isolation #52) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I like Frogstar World B.

Also, I'd support only allow one thread per game in TWSOGMM and putting any extras in Auxiliary/Frogstar/whatever. I don't really see why a game should need more than one central thread now we have an on-site place for the extras.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (isolation #53) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:12 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I didn't move anything yet because we don't seem to have come to a conclusion on how many threads a game can have before it needs to go in Auxiliary. I've made my stance on it pretty clear, but some input would be nice.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (isolation #54) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:50 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Tags are a great idea, both for me to move threads across, and to easily separate them once they're in Auxiliary.

E: just deleted a "first!"-type thread in Auxiliary. Please don't put stuff in there unless you have an actual game that needs extra threads.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (isolation #55) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:37 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 1058, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 1056, Xalxe wrote:
If it is such a big issue or becomes so, then there should be a better queue system in place.
No. No. No.
Why is this such a bad thing I'm curious
Nobody wants a formal queue for Mish Mash games. It's come up a few times.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (isolation #56) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

So, as you guys probably noticed, my throne has been toppled and you will all be subjected to the tyranny of Xalxe for however long he can put up with y'all.

But seriously, I've had various health and education problems over the last few months and I can't dedicate as much time in general to MS as I used to. This also means PMS2 won't be happening, at least not any time soon. inspiratieloos has my permission to go ahead and run it if he wishes, but he didn't get back to me on whether he intends to do so. If not, I might return to mod it at some point when life stops being such a bitch to me, but don't hold your breath.

I also haven't been doing anything big in Mafia or Discussion lately, and as some of you will have know I also stepped down as an admin on the MS Minecraft servers, so I'm probably going to take a break from the site as a whole for a while. So until my decidedly unheroic and somewhat anticlimatic return - godspeed, MafiaScum!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (isolation #57) » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:42 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Good to see PMS2 is going to go ahead, and with two excellent members of the community at the helm. Good luck, guys, and maybe I'll drop in as a player later on. :]
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (isolation #58) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:49 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I quit and within a week the thread devolves into gayness and chaos again? :P

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”