Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 am

Post by Starbuck »

Vote: MoI
for loving all the same fandoms that I do.

I'm a little surprised at the quick Chooses right out the gate before you can even get a bead on reads.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Dolorous Edd wrote:Worriedmuch?

No. I just think people would be more careful about who they Choose than just treating it like a random vote.

Tyene Sand wrote:I'd rather not pre-determine the suicide vig's target, since town picks worse than random most of the time anyway due to scum input.

+1

Benmage wrote:Why is everyone choosing so whimsically?

That's my thought exactly.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Minimum wrote:What's the difference between a choose before you can get any reads and a vote before you can get any reads?

I guess there really isn't one. I just would rather put my Choose vote on someone that could be trusted to follow through on the action rather than give it scum or a policy lynch.

I know we can gain info from the Choose votes, but I still question those who immediately Chose someone because, again, it should not fall into the hands of the scum.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Feysal wrote:Do I understand right? You don't want to choose either scum or a policy lynch candidate, but you would rather send a town read in the hopes that said town read vigs scum?

You understand it right in the way that I would rather send a VT to do this then to let it end up in the hands of the scum.

Feysal wrote:If we choose scum, in the best case said scum misses town and cross kills rival scum, and in the worst case he kills town, resulting in a one for one trade.

Are you stating that you have knowledge of more than one scum team? Because that is how I am reading this.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I never realized that having a different opinion about how this vengeful kill (good description whoever said that) should be used would make me seem so scummy. I haven't slipped because I'm not scum.

I disagree that this should be used as a second scum lynch and if that makes me scum in everyone's eyes so be it.

Choose: Starbuck

Unvote
Vote: Feysal
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I don't understand how everyone is so sure that scum would shoot another scum. It's being said like it is fact and that it will definitely happen that way. I don't believe it will, so while my opinion on it is unpopular (look at all the people who have hopped on my bandwagon to prove that point), I don't believe that it is wrong or scummy.

I try to look at things from all angles when I am town and I'm doing that here.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 74, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 71, Starbuck wrote:I disagree that this should be used as a second scum lynch and if that makes me scum in everyone's eyes so be it.

So what do you think it should be used as?

And why are you choosing yourself?

I think it should be the hands of a VT. A townie who has nothing to lose, but would still follow the wishes of the majority.

If it ends up in scum hands, we won't know where it lands.

I didn't want to claim this early, but I'm choosing myself because I know that I am town and that I have nothing to lose.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:38 am

Post by Starbuck »

Tyene Sand wrote:Scum won't choose other scum. Scum will choose town. But it's still a 1:1 result on N1, which would benefit town since there's more town than scum to begin with. Choosing someone you know to be town (i.e. yourself) is stupid, because odds are you're going to end up shooting town since there's more town than scum, and then it's 2:0. Best odds for town is choosing-town-who-shoots-scum, another 1:1, but it's not very likely to happen.

What was being said is that we need to use the Choose as a policy or second scum lynch because then if the person is scum, they'll hit someone on the other scum team (if there is one). That's how I've been reading this whole 1:1 thing. I realize now that it's kill someone we think is scum and if they are scum, the worse they can do is hit one townie.

I'd like to blame my ditziness regarding this whole ratio thing on the fact that I just started playing here again just a few weeks ago in REDACTED game after being gone for almost a year.

I still don't understand why town would want to give away a killing weapon to anyone we suspect to be scummy, though. Town can give their input (a list of 3-4 potential scum) to keep the scum on their toes so they don't know where the kill will land.

I really don't like redFF's ad hominem in , was the following really necessary?

redFF wrote:Pointless observation to look town and like she's really putting 'thought' into the game, when obviously if she was actually thinking she would realize how much of an inane statement this is.

You've played with me in the past, as have many others. Do you (and that is everyone that I have played with and anyone who has played with me that is voting for me) think that I would purposely bring on this shitstorm if I wasn't putting thought into the game?

redFF wrote:What does this even mean?

It means that if it goes to someone we believe is town, then there could be a list of players that are deemed the most scummy and to aim at. Thus, while we lose one player, it is a player of our choice that we know will follow through on the town plans.

Since we have control over who will be shooting, I'd rather have things go that way, then to not know where the shot may possibly end up.

redFF wrote:I'd go for dead scum with a chance of dead town over dead town with a chance of dead scum everyday.

But how will we know that we are choosing scum? We don't. So why not have some control over this rather than none at all?

I'm a bit confused how I'm being singled out for wanting to give the vengeful kill to town, but

Dolorous Edd said the same in his first post:

Dolorous Edd wrote:And if we pick town, it will at least narrow down the scum pool, and at the same time, the town person is making a town-minded decision (or we can even pre-determine who they should shoot if they're town).

So did Plessiezarus:

Plessiezarus wrote:I beg to disagree? Giving a potential scum a strongman kill sounds like an extremely bad idea. You'd be basically giving them an unstoppable freebie for signing off plus their factional kill.

Not deflecting here, but I don't like being treated like I'm fucking insane when I'm not the only person to express the same idea.

Completely off-subject, Tierce, I'm loving your RPing.

At the bottom of page 5.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:57 am

Post by Starbuck »

I have to head off to class, so I'll be finishing catching up later.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:17 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 256, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 226, Starbuck wrote: Dolorous Edd said the same in his first post:
Dolorous Edd wrote:And if we pick town, it will at least narrow down the scum pool, and at the same time, the town person is making a town-minded decision (or we can even pre-determine who they should shoot if they're town).

Umm, misrepmuch?

Nice crop there. But the whole post was:
In post 14, Dolorous Edd wrote:
Also, question. How about picking a suspicious/scummy person to send to kill Jon Snow or whatever. I mean, mathematically, if we do pick scum, then all they will really do is kill a town person, vs a scum dying. And if we pick town, it will at least narrow down the scum pool, and at the same time, the town person is making a town-minded decision (or we can even pre-determine who they should shoot if they're town).

Also, my reason for the "picking town" is picking a suspicious person, and if they
happen
to be town, then at least it narrows down the suspect pool + still puts the vig in hands of a townie.

Your reasons on the other hand seem to make no sense. You want to give it to someone we suspect is town?! But who we will somehow magically determine to be VT? In hopes of them shooting scum? Instead of trying to catch scum with it, so we can guarantee we would be killing of a scum?

Real quick before I go. I wasn't meaning to misrep, but to show that you did have the same idea about using a townie rather than someone who may be scum on the contrary to your previous sentence.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:20 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 266, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 261, Tyene Sand wrote:Edd, you're going down a dreadfully wrong track. It's going to end in blood, pain and a lot of defeatist thoughts at the edge of the world. Starbuck is not scum, she's town with an idea on how to play that differs from yours.

Not anyone with an original idea is town though.

And her idea makes zero sense. And she hasn't attempted to explain it either.

I am perfectly fine with people having different ideas. As long as I can see where they're coming from. And I can't see where she is genuinely coming from.

I've attempted to explain it a bunch, please don't blame your comprehension issues on me. I've been repeating myself (it seems) in every frakking post that I make.

Like Tierce said, we have different ideas, but you did express something similar to my idea. You can't deny that. In any case, I don't think your disagreement with me makes you scum.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:22 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 269, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 267, Starbuck wrote:
Real quick before I go. I wasn't meaning to misrep, but to show that you did have the same idea about using a townie rather than someone who may be scum on the contrary to your previous sentence.

But... we didn't have the same idea? Like, not at all.

It seemed like you were just pulling up quotes from people to show that they had the "same idea as you", in a way to say "so why am
I
being suspected for it, and not
them
." Which makes you scummy.

Seems like you just read what you wanted to:

Starbuck wrote:Not deflecting here, but I don't like being treated like I'm fucking insane when I'm not the only person to express the same idea.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:40 am

Post by Starbuck »

Fell behind due to some craziness around here over the past few days. Will be catching up when I get home from class tonight.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:59 am

Post by Starbuck »

Sorry y'all, crazy amount of BS cropped up in the past few days. I'll be sitting down tonight to hammer out some catch up.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Unfortunately a massive amount of stuff has been going on, between school, cars breaking down, impromptu girls night last night (where I ended up getting pretty damn drunk), hurricane preparedness today. I did want to give myself a day or so to simmer and be over the overdefensiveness, but then real life took over and kicked my ass. Apologies, I haz them.

My first order of business to find what I need to reply to then I plan to give a thorough re-read.

Benmage

Benmage wrote:I wish. Faradays too much a jerk to give me that much.

You and me, both.

Plessiezarus

Plessiezarus wrote:Starbuck is claiming VT and choosing themselves. There's no "magical determination" involved in that plan.

QFT

Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd wrote:I feel like this is somehow aimed to please me?

Nothing of what was going on was aimed to "please you" at all. I don't think our disagreement makes you scummy. You feel differently about that (as you have with everything else that I said).

Dolorous Edd wrote:Umm, no, before she had picked herself, she had it in mind to send a VT.

And I wonder where I would have gotten that idea and voted for myself because of it?

Da fuck?

Dolorous Edd wrote:Obv I have a scum read on Starbuck.

Dolorous Edd wrote:Starbuck is Null

As a hydra, especially if one of the heads is calling for my head, you may wanna get on the same page. I'm just sayin....

Dolorous Edd wrote:Starbuck- You said first (before you picked yourself), that you would rather the Choice vig go in the hands of a VT. How did you expect to determine a person who is VT?

I know that I am a VT and that all I am is lynch fodder. So I hoped to do something useful.

Lyanna Stark

Lyanna Stark wrote:Think the argument with Starbuck is largely unproductive especially considering that my original assumption for what to do with the choose mirrors what she's suggested and I can't understand how that's being painted as scummy. I think she's gotten caught up a little too much in defending her stance and think they should both drop the issue because it's going nowhere.

I agree 100%. I realized I was kinda useless if I was just overdefensive all the time. Now, it seems I'll be in a perpetual state of catch up.

Lyanna Stark wrote:Also, I think it's fun that we have a Starbuck and someone with a totally different name but an av of Starbuck.

I usually stick with Starbuck avs, but sometimes, I like something else.

Tyene Sand

Tyene Sand wrote:It just hit me now that Starbuck was trying to make sure that not only would we have the 'less bad' outcome from the Choosing from her PoV by picking a known VT, but also that the suicide vig wouldn't take up a PR action. I am not voting that slot, period.

Hammer-Nail.

Staeg

Staeg wrote:I would still like starbuck to die (who STILL hasn't nameclaimed), but I'm more or less alone there.

I've read this book series inside and out and have watched the show. I will be on a panel about it while I am at Dragon*Con this coming weekend. I will nameclaim when it is deemed necessary to do so (at L-1 or during mass claim, if I survive that long). There's absolutely no reason for me to reveal that now. I only came forth about my role because I felt (and still feel) the Choose should go to a VT to see it through on the town's wishes.

In post 536, Staeg wrote:
In post 535, bvoigt wrote:Why do you want Starbuck to nameclaim? Until she's in danger of being lynched, it's antitown. If she was at L-1, we'd want to hear her name and flavor, but until then, all it does is give more information to the scum.

And to the town. Why did she claim VT? Because she volunteered to be chosen. If she was getting chosen, why not nameclaim, and if not, why claim VT? The thing is, even if her name gives us nothing, her doing so (or in this case, not doing so) gives us info.

I think you want to know because you want your team to know who not to fakeclaim as. That's what I'm getting from this.

mockingjaye

In post 514, mockingjaye wrote:I disagree that Starbuck’s self-choose was a super-town tell, mainly because of the timing. There wasn’t that much pressure on her at the time and it seems superfluous to defend her stance with a self-nom, especially given that the move comes across as entirely defensive.

Also, when she first brings up the preference for a town-suicide vig, she says nothing about preferring that townie to be a VT; instead, her position evolves over time, and therefore, her overall explanation of her preference comes across as less genuine and more crafted in response to ongoing criticism.

So, Starbuck, I have a few questions: 1) Why did you self-nom when you did; 2) Why did you subsequently claim when you did; 3) What do you think of the other early self-nominations (MoI and Ben)? 4) With seven votes on the wagon, a few hours into D1 when not everyone had even begun contributing, were you really that worried about getting lynched? And, 5) this is the VC in Post 77, made immediately after you claimed VT.
Eddard Stark wrote:
Starbuck (7) - Dolorous Edd, Tyene Sand Staeg, Minimum, Plum's Yo Mamma, Feysal, redFF
Do you think it is town or scum-driven, and what do you think about the individual people on it?

I self-nommed because the whole time that I was referring to a townie carrying out the action. I was referring to myself. I am still perfectly okay with being chosen to carry out the mission.

I claimed because I felt that it was necessary to get my point across.

I don't think they have a good reason for voting for themselves. They didn't give any reason why we should choose them.

I wasn't worried about getting lynched at all. We're on Day 1 of a huge game, it takes what? 15 votes to lynch? I really wasn't worried, but I had hoped for some Choose votes rather than lynch votes.

I definitely think my wagon is scum-driven. The only person, right now, that I think is even remotely town is Tierce. Now, I can definitely say that this opinion will change when I start going over everything thoroughly.

That's it for now. My eyelids are drooping. If I missed anything directed towards me that you want answered, let me know.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

So I'm leaving for Atlanta here in a bit for Dragon Con, so I'll be V/LA until at least next Weds. I will have my laptop and be able to check in.

Can someone sum up the current wagons for me?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (isolation #16) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Unvote
Unchoose

I'm sorry for being so far behind and working press for Dragon*Con did not help one bit.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to catch up, so I think its best to ask for a replacement.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1322 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:14 am

Post by Starbuck »

I was actually trying to request replacement, but bold tags didn't work on my phone for some reason. After chatting with the mod, I'm gonna stay in the game. Just bear with me. I travel back to Jacksonville tomorrow, and hopefully I'll be able to read through everything and just post massive catchups on Day 2.

I asked for someone to fill me in on what was going on a few days ago and when I checked back while waiting in line for a panel, I saw nothing but a snarky response. Some kind of idea of what is going on (especially at 53 pages) to tell me what is going on would be very much appreciated. I do not want us to end this day in a no lynch/no choose situation because that gets us no where/gets us no information.

I still do believe that I would make a good choose candidate being that I am a VT. I also think that could solve my whole catch up issue. In any case, I'm going to stay in and I know that within the next week, I can get that catch up that I promised.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1325 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:22 am

Post by Starbuck »

Shadow, can you tell us your flavor?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1370 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1353, Lyanna Stark wrote:
In post 1322, Starbuck wrote:

I asked for someone to fill me in on what was going on a few days ago and when I checked back while waiting in line for a panel, I saw nothing but a snarky response. Some kind of idea of what is going on (especially at 53 pages) to tell me what is going on would be very much appreciated. I do not want us to end this day in a no lynch/no choose situation because that gets us no where/gets us no information.

I still do believe that I would make a good choose candidate being that I am a VT. I also think that could solve my whole catch up issue. In any case, I'm going to stay in and I know that within the next week, I can get that catch up that I promised.

That was me. I get that you're busy, but your question was a bit annoying. You didn't ask for someone to fill you in on what was happening, you wanted the wagons summed up for you, and the answer I gave you - to iso - was the most correct answer to give. It's something you need to look into yourself. What I found odd was that you just put that question to the crowd, though if I remember correctly you've given exactly one town read - Tyene Sand. The question wouldn't have seemed so odd if you'd posed it to the one person here that you trust, but you asked it to the group. So, you didn't care who gave you their biased opinion of the wagons? You just wanted someone to tell you what they thought? Struck me as off.

I was just curious of a quick "this is what's going on, so-in-so made this case on so-in-so". I will be more active once I get home from D*C, but it hasn't helped that the game has basically doubled in pages over the weekend.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”