Micro 21: Bird 7P GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by saulres »

VOTE: Zachrulez

'Cause he's the only dude I've been in a game with before. You want my meta, you have to work for it!
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:24 am

Post by saulres »

Nice OMGUS, Zach :P

FuDuzn, are you saying your vote of Empking wasn't an RVS one?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:36 am

Post by saulres »

In post 33, Carbondioxide wrote:You seem to post a lot (as your spate of posting five times in a hour shows) but then, once you'd done some serious finger pointing, you fell silent.

Maybe you're not aware of this, but people have lives. I, for example, can often be online and posting here a lot in a short period, and sometimes (like this holiday weekend) only pop in from time to time. You'd accuse me of being scum for that too?

In post 33, Carbondioxide wrote:It's gut instinct on my part but I think you were trying to give people an easy target to wagon early on

This is exactly what I thought when I saw your reasoning for putting the second vote on Scooby, and it's getting stronger the more you keep making lame arguments.

It's early in the day, Scooby may be scum, but I think you're much more likely to be.

VOTE: Carbondioxide
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:53 am

Post by saulres »

In post 42, Carbondioxide wrote:Obviously I'm town

Just saying it's obvious doesn't make it so. Why do you think it's obvious?
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:52 am

Post by saulres »

It's a holiday weekend in the US:

In post 22, Zachrulez wrote:Labor day weekend. We're probably going to be looking for stuff to do, so don't expect me to be around much until Tuesday.

Carbon, do you have links to games you're played before? You seem to be focused on how frequently people are posting, and how they're posting, much more than the contents of their posts. That feels like scum trying to find a reason to place votes, but I suppose it
could
be due to how they played where you've played before, so I'd like to take a look.

I'd ask that no one hammer before that information is provided for analysis.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Post by saulres »

Currently yes he's the top. I have a second, but don't see a reason to state who it is because all that would do is help the scum figure who to target tonight.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:01 am

Post by saulres »

VOTE: Empking

In what world is revealing our only other PR a good idea for town?
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:01 am

Post by saulres »

UNVOTE:

Just realized we're in LyLo.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:02 am

Post by saulres »

Unvote
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:35 am

Post by saulres »

Anti.

I really want to hear from others.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:32 am

Post by saulres »

scooby, why do you keep asking people for their reads without giving any of your own?

Zach: Please explain why you quickhammered on page 3 instead of prolonging discussion and scumhunting.

Finally: "Mass" claim seems a bit of a misnomer, given that there's only one claim to be made :P But, could someone explain to me why it's ideal at this point? The way I see it, what it would do is reduce the potential scumpool to 4 from 5, at the cost of, if we get to tonight, telling scum who to kill (and putting us at LyLo again tomorrow).

Conversely, if we make it to tonight with scum having only a 1-in-3 chance of hitting the
doc
guardian, and potentially giving us a 3 on 1 tomorrow (if the
doc
guardian protects the scumkill), that gives us two chances to hit the final scum instead of just one. With the shortness of this game I think that would be a huge advantage if the doc (screw the werewolf terminology) can pull it off.

That's why I'm anti-mass-claim, unless the PR feels he's getting close to being mislynched today.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:04 am

Post by saulres »

Empking:

Explain to me, step by step, why you think if we don't out the doc we're going to lose.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:12 am

Post by saulres »

How does outting the doc prevent us from lynching a VT? Or are you planning to run everyone up to L-1 to see what they claim? Because we can't do that; as soon as we place the first vote on a townie, scum can quickhammer.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:18 am

Post by saulres »

In post 82, Empking wrote:To lynch scum means that the Doc is going to get outted anyway.

That's what you said.

You have so far failed to explain why that would be true.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Post by saulres »

This is all nice discussion, and I'm still thinking about the arguments put forth to decide whether or not to support a PR reveal (of course the PR could just reveal himself without everyone's backing I suppose), and I'd still like to hear Scooby's take on it, but while we're arguing it, there's still scum to be found.

Empking
, if you found scooby scummy in 20, why did you vote Carbon instead?

In 63 you said your sudden townread on Carbon was due to his "newb derping"; what made you think it was town newb as compared to scum newb?

FuDuzn
, in reading your posts, I'm finding very little original thought. By that I mean, in several of your posts I see rehashes of arguments made by others, with maybe one line thrown in that adds anything. I see that both in your entry to the Carbon wagon and now in the discussion of whether to "massclaim" or not. Is that your normal style? Do you have a link to a scumgame I could meta you on?

Zach
, I'm not seeing any pro-town actions from you at all. In the post you hammered Carbon, you expressed suspicion of our two flipped townies and no one else. I remember your reads being better; is my memory at fault?

Scooby
I've already asked one question of and I might have more when he answers.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #15) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Post by saulres »

FuDuzn,

First, that's not how popcorning works (not that I'm sure when we agreed to popcorning). You're supposed to ask your scummiest suspect to go next. Do you really think I'm scummier than Zach, who has done nothing this game other than hammer a townie?

I want Zach claiming before I do.

Second, to answer your question:

In post 102, FuDuzn wrote:Not sure how I am rehashing other arguments in regards to the massclaim disscussion, I would like some clarification on that.

Here you go.

In post 79, saulres wrote: could someone explain to me why it's ideal at this point? The way I see it, what it would do is reduce the potential scumpool to 4 from 5, at the cost of, if we get to tonight, telling scum who to kill (and putting us at LyLo again tomorrow).

Conversely, if we make it to tonight with scum having only a 1-in-3 chance of hitting the doc guardian, and potentially giving us a 3 on 1 tomorrow (if the doc guardian protects the scumkill), that gives us two chances to hit the final scum instead of just one. With the shortness of this game I think that would be a huge advantage if the doc (screw the werewolf terminology) can pull it off.

In post 83, FuDuzn wrote:With the macho seer dead I believe a mass claim would not be for the best. Even we all claim then we will have outed the doc, and even if we lynch scum toDay then the doc will die at Night and we are then left at lylo again Tomorrow with three unknowns........and this is in a best case scenario. Basically I think the best chance we have is to keep the doc hidden.

In post 87, FuDuzn wrote:Let's say we lynch scum toDay. If the doc has been outed then he most likely would be killed at Night and then Tomorrow in a lylo situation there will be three unconfirmed players. If the doc has not been outed then he very well could pull off a successful protection and then Tomorrow there would be three townies left

I see no fundamental difference, content-wise, between what I wrote and what you wrote.

=============

In post 112, Empking wrote:Saul's scum. Called it.

Explain why.

Also explain where you called it. In your QT?
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:31 am

Post by saulres »

In post 101, saulres wrote:
Empking
, if you found scooby scummy in 20, why did you vote Carbon instead?

In 63 you said your sudden townread on Carbon was due to his "newb derping"; what made you think it was town newb as compared to scum newb?

In post 101, saulres wrote:
Zach
, I'm not seeing any pro-town actions from you at all. In the post you hammered Carbon, you expressed suspicion of our two flipped townies and no one else. I remember your reads being better; is my memory at fault?
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:32 am

Post by saulres »

pedit: Wanted to add:

Zach
: Why do you think Emp's scum?
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:35 am

Post by saulres »

And, somehow I missed Emp's response in 103. So really it's just Zach who I have questions for at the moment.

Sorry for the brainfritzing.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:52 am

Post by saulres »

In post 120, Zachrulez wrote:Don't really like iso 61 looking back where he says he's convinced Carbon is town but is willing to lynch him nontheless. Seems like trying to have it both ways.

Why didn't you say that when you did your catchup hammer post? Here's what you said about Emp:

In post 67, Zachrulez wrote:And now lynching anyone else is the suboptimal play. (Empking touched on the risk of outing power, which can happen outright, and also by outing vanillas to scum. That's why not lynching vanilla claims is a terrible idea.)
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:04 am

Post by saulres »

In post 120, Zachrulez wrote:Don't really like iso 61 looking back where he says he's convinced Carbon is town but is willing to lynch him nontheless. Seems like trying to have it both ways.

I thought I heard something like that before.

In post 62, zabriel wrote:Emp, if you think he's town, the wisest thing, I should think would be to place your vote on somebody you feel we'll hit scum on and attempt to avoid LyLo in the first place. This seems like an attempt to push the lynch forward but still being able to throw your hands up and say you thought it was best for the town.

Lots of duplicate ideas in this game. Not sure what to make of that.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:33 am

Post by saulres »

@Mod: Requesting prod of FuDuzn
(over 48 hours since last post here)
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:41 am

Post by saulres »

Empking, when you came to the conclusion that I was scum, you did it based on:

In post 115, Empking wrote:Claim delaying.

Please explain how I delayed claiming.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #23) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:48 am

Post by saulres »

In post 129, Empking wrote:Presuming you come on the site at least once a day

Reasonable presumption, but (despite appearances) not also accurate.

But okay, let's say I was delaying. What scum motivation do you think I would have had for doing so?

pedit: It's not agreeing, it's taking what I said and essentially repeating it. Much easier to quote me, or link to it, rather than reword it.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #24) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:27 am

Post by saulres »

Given that claiming and talking about claiming is all we've done today, do you really think scum would have needed any more time to think about it?
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 134, scooby wrote:willing to go 1-1

What does that mean?
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 137, Empking wrote:When I flip town, he'll celebrate his victory. (he's being disingenuous and using languange that means "Lynch X, if they town lynch me next".)

That's what I thought he meant, but it didn't make any sense given we're in LyLo, so if he's wrong, we lose ("We" being town, which doesn't necessarily include you.)

I'm guessing that you think he's town, though, because you're not voting him back?
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #27) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:04 am

Post by saulres »

It's six pages, just wondering how long it's going to take you to re-read.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #28) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:59 am

Post by saulres »

:(
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Post by saulres »

Dammit! I had FuDuzn pegged as my top scumspect when I sent in my protection last night.

And who did I protect? For various reasons, which I can copy-paste tomorrow if you want -- Zach.

Tonight I was going to protect Scooby if I wasn't outed.

With Empking and Scooby going at each other, we didn't stand a chance today. I can't believe in a seven-player game, one scum could lurk to victory.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:22 am

Post by saulres »

In post 159, zabriel wrote:Because I didn't have a good read on Saulres, so I figured I'd take a chance there.

That's good actually. I was kind of playing for that. I figured if I could get cleared as town and avoid claiming, I'd have a good chance of surviving N2 so we could win.

Unfortunately, this is part of what I sent cobbler in my N1 kill PM:

saulres wrote:The way zabriel avoided voting Carbon also bothers me; like scum trying to avoid hammering so as not to look scummy. In particular I'm looking at 46 where he FOS instead of hammers. Could be town, but gut's telling me otherwise.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:41 am

Post by saulres »

In post 162, Zachrulez wrote:I'd be interested in knowing why.

PoE. Here's the full thing.

Spoiler: N1 Protection
saulres wrote:This is a tough one. I have plenty of scum reads, but not enough town ones.

FuDuzn is my top scumread right now. His entry to the Carbon wagon felt forced, and I didn't like his vote-unvote on Empking. With his defense of scooby I need to steer clear of scooby just in case.

The way zabriel avoided voting Carbon also bothers me; like scum trying to avoid hammering so as not to look scummy. In particular I'm looking at 46 where he FOS instead of hammers. Could be town, but gut's telling me otherwise.

That puts it between Zach and EmpKing. Zach doesn't have enough content to have a read on, but with Scooby and FuDuzn both having EmpKing as their #2 scumread, I can't see scum killing Emp.

That leaves, well, me. Maybe I'm so obvtown that I'll be killed. If so, this doesn't matter. But since I can't self-protect...

Protect: Zach

We'll see if my reads are anything close to right going forward.

In post 162, Zachrulez wrote:Your reaction to Empking suggesting massclaim made your role obvious to me before we even actually massclaimed.

It did? :( Could you tell me why? Is outing the doc really the way to go in this situation?
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:44 am

Post by saulres »

Zach in the scum QT wrote:Saulres and Zabriel felt like they were playing under the radar. (Didn't see anything that looked like an apparent breadcrumb.

If I was staking on it, I'd say they have the highest chance of being power roles.

:eek:

I don't think I was playing under the radar, but I did leave a breadcrumb ;)
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #33) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:09 am

Post by saulres »

FuDuzn, you were my top read going into the night. When the new day started, I forgot it was LyLo and thought Empking was scum for asking us to massclaim. In LyLo I'm even more cautious than usual, and even if you were my top scumread, I analyze again and again. I reread (multiple times) the vote you made and unmade on Empking and finally decided it could have been an honest mistake instead of scumminess.

Then after I made my initial questions, I intentionally sat back to see how people reacted to conversation. Unfortunately instead of discussion, it quickly got into votes, and it was too late.

What I should have done was push Zach more. But I think if we went into Day 3 with you, Emp, and Scooby, we would have lost anyway the way they were going at each other.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Post by saulres »

His all kinds of crazy sure seemed that way during the game, but in retrospect it was right on target.

Part of what was keeping me nervous about FuDuzn being town was his (seemingly) totally innocent response to Scooby.
On permanent
V/LA

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”