Micro 21: Bird 7P GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:33 am

Post by Empking »

/view-my-posts
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:15 pm

Post by Empking »

Though scooby is scummy.

Vote: Carbon
as scooby hasn't made a post where she could vote and yet hadn't.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:19 am

Post by Empking »

In post 21, FuDuzn wrote:Actually scooby hasn't posted since the official begining of the day, and do you think scooby is actually scummy?

1. You realise that "actually" doesn't mean "Wow, Empking you're totally right and I completely agree". The context suggests that you meant the second.
2. Yes.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 30, scooby wrote:I really dislike the way Empking is pushing the scooby is suspicious with zero reasoning while at the same time voting for another player that suspects me.

I['jm not pushing it, I mentio0ned it. You're scummy because you were producing a lot of noise and very little, if any, signal. I think that's a scumk ploy to get read as town for being active.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:51 am

Post by Empking »

In post 36, scooby wrote:Seriously, Emp, it was page fucking 1, what valid signal did you expect?

None but that's entirely different from purposely (as I assume you're admitting) making a bunch of noise. Even when it doesn't mask signal noise is still loud and intimidating.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:48 am

Post by Empking »

He is.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #55 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:53 am

Post by Empking »

In post 54, scooby wrote:next top suspect, Emp?

You still.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #61 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Post by Empking »

This is really annoying because Carbon has convinced me that he's town but 1) it's not convinved convinced (Fudzn is still my top town read for instance) 2) I don't want to out a power role 3) Nor am I especially fond of the idea of him being in LyLo.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #63 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:06 am

Post by Empking »

In post 62, zabriel wrote:Convinced, but not that convinced. That's not exactly convinced then is it? Is your town read completely based on his newb derping then?

I suppose I did pick the wrong word and the answer to your second question is yes.

Emp, if you think he's town, the wisest thing, I should think would be to place your vote on somebody you feel we'll hit scum on and attempt to avoid LyLo in the first place.

That's just begging the question because I'm not sure that is the wisest thing.
This seems like an attempt to push the lynch forward but still being able to throw your hands up and say you thought it was best for the town.

I do think a Carbon lynch is best for the town because I know that this "Carbon is town" phase won't last by Day Two and we'll start this all up again.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #65 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:34 am

Post by Empking »

In post 63, Empking wrote:I do think a Carbon lynch is best for the town because I know that this "Carbon is town" phase won't last by his next post.

FTFM - He's overegging the pudding.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #71 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:00 am

Post by Empking »

Mass claim time?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #75 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:28 am

Post by Empking »

Saul; Pro or anti?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #82 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:51 am

Post by Empking »

To lynch scum means that the Doc is going to get outted anyway. This to win we need to lynch scum then there's no reason not to out the Doc right now.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #84 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:32 am

Post by Empking »

In post 83, FuDuzn wrote:With the macho seer dead I believe a mass claim would not be for the best. Even we all claim then we will have outed the doc, and even if we lynch scum toDay then the doc will die at Night and we are then left at lylo again Tomorrow with three unknowns........and this is in a best case scenario. Basically I think the best chance we have is to keep the doc hidden.

You can't judge a strategy by what the strategy does; you have to judge a strategy by what the strategy does compared to alternatives.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #86 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:49 am

Post by Empking »

In post 85, FuDuzn wrote:Empking, isn't that what I am doing?

One strategy outs the doc and basically guarantees his death and another strategy keeps the doc hidden and gives the town (imo) a better chance to win.

Explain to me, step by step, how you see us winning without outting the Doc today.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #88 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Empking »

In post 86, Empking wrote:
In post 85, FuDuzn wrote:Empking, isn't that what I am doing?

One strategy outs the doc and basically guarantees his death and another strategy keeps the doc hidden and gives the town (imo) a better chance to win.

Explain to me, step by step, how you see us winning without outting the Doc today.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #90 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:02 am

Post by Empking »

In post 89, FuDuzn wrote:Emp, I just explained how not mass claiming gives town much better odds to win. And I did explain it step by step and in multiple situations. What is your deal here?

You can't answer the question "how do you not out the Doc" with "assume the Doc isn't outted".
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #92 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:06 am

Post by Empking »

In post 91, saulres wrote:Empking:

Explain to me, step by step, why you think if we don't out the doc we're going to lose.

A. The only way we can not out the Doc, providing we wait for claims etc etc, is to lynch a VT.
B. By lynching a VT we lose.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #94 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:15 am

Post by Empking »

In post 93, saulres wrote:How does outting the doc prevent us from lynching a VT?

It doesn't and I never said it would.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #96 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:21 am

Post by Empking »

In post 95, saulres wrote:
In post 82, Empking wrote:To lynch scum means that the Doc is going to get outted anyway.

That's what you said.

You have so far failed to explain why that would be true.

Scum; I am on L-1 (oh my!)
Town A: Claim!
Scum: Doc
Doc: Nuh Huh
Dod is outted. What do you think would happen?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #98 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:29 am

Post by Empking »

In post 97, FuDuzn wrote:You asked me how we can win without outting the doc toDay, and I answered with various situations where the odds are better for town to win without outting the doc.

HOW

You cannot answer how something is possible by saying "assume it's possible". Explain step by step how it is possible to keep the Doc from getting outted.

I'll simplify it for you:
a) A player is on L-1. What should we do?
b) A suspected player claims Doc. What should we do?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #103 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 101, saulres wrote:Empking, if you found scooby scummy in 20, why did you vote Carbon instead?

Because I found Carbon scummier. I think scum is simpler to learn than town so town are more likely to newbderp.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #109 (isolation #22) » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:32 am

Post by Empking »

Vanilla

FuD
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #112 (isolation #23) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 am

Post by Empking »

Saul's scum. Called it.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #115 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 114, saulres wrote:Explain why.

Claim delaying.

Also explain where you called it. In your QT?

Out loud just before posting.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #123 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:56 am

Post by Empking »

In post 122, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 121, saulres wrote:
In post 120, Zachrulez wrote:Don't really like iso 61 looking back where he says he's convinced Carbon is town but is willing to lynch him nontheless. Seems like trying to have it both ways.

Why didn't you say that when you did your catchup hammer post? Here's what you said about Emp:

In post 67, Zachrulez wrote:And now lynching anyone else is the suboptimal play. (Empking touched on the risk of outing power, which can happen outright, and also by outing vanillas to scum. That's why not lynching vanilla claims is a terrible idea.)

Because I just saw it now looking back.

You referenced it in post 67.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #129 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:44 am

Post by Empking »

In post 128, saulres wrote:Empking, when you came to the conclusion that I was scum, you did it based on:

In post 115, Empking wrote:Claim delaying.

Please explain how I delayed claiming.

It took you over 24 hours. Presuming you come on the site at least once a day then you didn't claim ASAP AKA Claim delaying.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #132 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:52 am

Post by Empking »

In post 131, saulres wrote:But okay, let's say I was delaying. What scum motivation do you think I would have had for doing so?

"Motive" is the wrong way of looking at it. Scum have a choice between what role to claim, making a descision takes time and scum may not have fully made up their mind when asked to claim, they then take an extra day to think about it to make up their mind.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #135 (isolation #28) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:51 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 133, saulres wrote:Given that claiming and talking about claiming is all we've done today, do you really think scum would have needed any more time to think about it?

When ever you have a choice you always make a better choice as you have longer to think about it.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #137 (isolation #29) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 136, saulres wrote:
In post 134, scooby wrote:willing to go 1-1

What does that mean?

When I flip town, he'll celebrate his victory. (he's being disingenuous and using languange that means "Lynch X, if they town lynch me next".)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #140 (isolation #30) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:37 am

Post by Empking »

In post 139, saulres wrote:
In post 137, Empking wrote:When I flip town, he'll celebrate his victory. (he's being disingenuous and using languange that means "Lynch X, if they town lynch me next".)

That's what I thought he meant, but it didn't make any sense given we're in LyLo, so if he's wrong, we lose ("We" being town, which doesn't necessarily include you.)

I'm guessing that you think he's town, though, because you're not voting him back?

No I think he's scum; and of course with his being scum scum can't quick hammer me. He's just not my top read and I'm not going to make a descision under pressure.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #146 (isolation #31) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 143, FuDuzn wrote:But I am really not loving scooby, if we are going to start voting then I much prefer him over empking. I am starting to think a scooby/zach scum team.

Ha, same. I was planning on voting Zach but I think in the current circumstance it would be better to
Vote: Scooby
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #172 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:22 am

Post by Empking »

In post 171, saulres wrote:But I think if we went into Day 3 with you, Emp, and Scooby, we would have lost anyway the way they were going at each other.

I was going after
nobody
, peh.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”