Micro 21: Bird 7P GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:31 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Votecount 1.4

Empking -1- scooby
zabriel
FuDuzn
Zachrulez -1- Carbondioxide
scooby
Saulres -1- Zachrulez
Carbondioxide -3- Empking, Saulres, FuDuzn

Not Voting -1- zabriel

Deadline is Expired.
Last edited by Cobblerfone on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:43 am

Post by zabriel »

Silence and compensation is a thing, but usually it has to do with people lurking and then posting a lot (usually with apologies for a lack of activity). Scooby has been around and hasn't really been in danger of prodding. His posting schedule is pretty null.
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:48 am

Post by scooby »

I suggest people voting Carbon to reaffirm if he is their top suspect so he can claim in next post.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:48 am

Post by Empking »

He is.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:49 am

Post by scooby »

next top suspect, Emp?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:53 am

Post by Empking »

In post 54, scooby wrote:next top suspect, Emp?

You still.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:57 am

Post by FuDuzn »

Carbon still is my top suspect, with Empking probably number two.
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:38 am

Post by zabriel »

Carbon looks the worst out of anybody I think. Not sure after that. With the holiday weekend going on we still haven't heard from Zach since his opening vote. He probably won't be about until tomorrow sometime, but I'd definitely like him to weigh in.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Post by saulres »

Currently yes he's the top. I have a second, but don't see a reason to state who it is because all that would do is help the scum figure who to target tonight.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Carbondioxide
Carbondioxide
Goon
Carbondioxide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Post by Carbondioxide »

Wow... so I'm L-1... and now I should claim? Sorry to pull the "I'm new" card (again) but... I'm new. How does claiming work? Surely, even if I was scum I'd say "Oh yes, I claim... I'm Vanilla Townie, 'onest guv'nor." (or words to that effect). Or is false claiming an MS no-no?

Screw it.
CLAIM:
I'm Vanilla Townie.

Not sure how I prove that but it's true. I'm guessing that makes me a shade safer from the scum, as they'll be after the power players... but not sure I feel that great about narrowing the field for them to hit a power townie in.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Post by zabriel »

Yeah, that's pretty much how it's done. Generally speaking, you should only claim when you're in danger of being hammered or when there is some practical benefit to the town associated with your claim.

Also, that whole thing you just did there tends to tip radars. You can false claim, but on MS we tend to follow the maxim "lynch all liars", which basically means that if you lie you die.

Have a link.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Post by Empking »

This is really annoying because Carbon has convinced me that he's town but 1) it's not convinved convinced (Fudzn is still my top town read for instance) 2) I don't want to out a power role 3) Nor am I especially fond of the idea of him being in LyLo.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:02 am

Post by zabriel »

Convinced, but not that convinced. That's not exactly convinced then is it? Is your town read completely based on his newb derping then?

Emp, if you think he's town, the wisest thing, I should think would be to place your vote on somebody you feel we'll hit scum on and attempt to avoid LyLo in the first place. This seems like an attempt to push the lynch forward but still being able to throw your hands up and say you thought it was best for the town.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:06 am

Post by Empking »

In post 62, zabriel wrote:Convinced, but not that convinced. That's not exactly convinced then is it? Is your town read completely based on his newb derping then?

I suppose I did pick the wrong word and the answer to your second question is yes.

Emp, if you think he's town, the wisest thing, I should think would be to place your vote on somebody you feel we'll hit scum on and attempt to avoid LyLo in the first place.

That's just begging the question because I'm not sure that is the wisest thing.
This seems like an attempt to push the lynch forward but still being able to throw your hands up and say you thought it was best for the town.

I do think a Carbon lynch is best for the town because I know that this "Carbon is town" phase won't last by Day Two and we'll start this all up again.
Carbondioxide
Carbondioxide
Goon
Carbondioxide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:09 am

Post by Carbondioxide »

Thanks for the link. An interesting addition to my reading on claiming. I'm curious though:

In post 60, zabriel wrote:You can false claim, but on MS we tend to follow the maxim "lynch all liars", which basically means that if you lie you die.

If I lie, how would the town know I lied? The town can't "lynch all liars" if they don't know who the liars are, right?

Basically, I realise that by asking all these dumbass questions, in public I'm potentially making myself look more scummy... but what the heck, I'm L-1 already and that was from my initial tactic of trying to show my town-ness by scum-hunting. Turns out I'm either not a very good scum-hunter or that made
me
look scummy instead.

So, to conclude: I'm Town, I'm Town, I'm Town. I'm more Vanilla than the white bit in the middle of a Neopolitan icecream. If y'all still wanna hang me high, I guess that's not the worst outcome for the Town on day one — at least we didn't accidentally kill a power role.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:34 am

Post by Empking »

In post 63, Empking wrote:I do think a Carbon lynch is best for the town because I know that this "Carbon is town" phase won't last by his next post.

FTFM - He's overegging the pudding.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:54 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Here now and reading.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:36 am

Post by Zachrulez »

The meh in my first post was disinterest in the point that scooby was driving at in his interaction with Fuduzn. I don't find confirmation tells to be reliable ones. I also don't think that's going to be something scum is going to seize on because it's going to become very apparent that it's an incorrect theory that's being pushed and it's going to be obvious who pushed it. (scooby's interaction was the first major action of the game.)

Zabriel and Carbon chose to play on this as a significantly scummy action. Even more interestingly is that Zabriel quickly shifts from that into finding Carbon scummy himself. That's a very opportunistic shift.

Of further interest is the fact that Carbon found Scooby's lack of vote to be a scummy action early on, but when Zabriel withdraws his vote and voices suspicion of him with an FOS, he doesn't seem to find that noteworthy. It's significant for me mostly because it's kinda hard to fault Scooby realistically in the position he was critical of the non vote as we passed from pre-game (where votes don't count.) into day 1. Ignoring Zabriel's unvote and replacing his position with a weaker non vote position is totally in the context the game which is now in day 1, and he let that action pass without so much as noting it.

In post 59, Carbondioxide wrote:Wow... so I'm L-1... and now I should claim? Sorry to pull the "I'm new" card (again) but... I'm new. How does claiming work? Surely, even if I was scum I'd say "Oh yes, I claim... I'm Vanilla Townie, 'onest guv'nor." (or words to that effect). Or is false claiming an MS no-no?

Screw it.
CLAIM:
I'm Vanilla Townie.

Not sure how I prove that but it's true. I'm guessing that makes me a shade safer from the scum, as they'll be after the power players... but not sure I feel that great about narrowing the field for them to hit a power townie in.

And now lynching anyone else is the suboptimal play. (Empking touched on the risk of outing power, which can happen outright, and also by outing vanillas to scum. That's why not lynching vanilla claims is a terrible idea.)

Vote: Carbondioxide
Carbondioxide
Carbondioxide
Goon
Carbondioxide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:49 am

Post by Carbondioxide »

Oh.

That'd be me dead then.

*shrug* Oh well, one to chalk down to my MS experience gathering! I'll have to reflect on this game later and try and work out where I went wrong. I was trying so hard to be a good Townie. *sniff* Ironically, I guess my death
is
kinda good Townie, in that I've protected the power-townies. *sob*
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:44 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Votecount 1.5

Empking -1- scooby
zabriel
FuDuzn
Zachrulez -1- Carbondioxide
scooby
Saulres
Carbondioxide -4- Empking, Saulres, FuDuzn, Zachrulez

Not Voting -1- zabriel

The village needed room to breath if they wanted to find these werewolves. So they decided to get rid of all the Carbondioxide.

Carbondioxide, Vanilla Townie, has been lynched Day One.

Night One Deadline(expired on 2012-09-06 09:49:00)

If you have a night action, please send it in before the deadline.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:53 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

zabriel was in his home, trying as hard as he could to receive a vision from his crystal ball, but it was no use. He decided to open the window to get some fresh air and recover, but as soon as he did, the werewolves pounced on him.

You all wake up to find both his corpse and his crystal ball in pieces.

zabriel, Macho Seer, has been killed Night One.

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch

Votecount 2.1

Empking
FuDuzn
Zachrulez
scooby
Saulres

Not Voting -5- Empking, FuDuzn, Zachrulez, scooby, Saulres

Day Two Deadline(expired on 2012-09-20 09:55:00)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:00 am

Post by Empking »

Mass claim time?
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:01 am

Post by saulres »

VOTE: Empking

In what world is revealing our only other PR a good idea for town?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:01 am

Post by saulres »

UNVOTE:

Just realized we're in LyLo.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:02 am

Post by saulres »

Unvote
On permanent
V/LA

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”