MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:49 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Inb4re a Troll Face post by Shadow1 ....
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:53 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

This is me being REALLY tired this morning.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: stefan
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:55 am

Post by greenknight »

Vote: StefanB

I guess we're stuck with this
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:11 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 1431, Saporerint wrote:
In post 1428, Lyanna Stark wrote:I'm not seeing the evidence for him soft claiming Tyrion.

I posted the crumbs directly. Tyrion is short (a dwarf). Cersei thinks Tyrion is fated to kill her or ruin her queenship or something (can't recall details).

I also thought Stefan was (rather obviously) breadcrumbing Tyrion (hence my earlier comment about it being a strange role to claim). Zar told me it could be High Septon instead, though, so credit to him, I guess.

In post 1437, Minimum wrote:In
A Clash of Kings
, he made Sandor Clegane and Petyr Baelish townies (where town were the Starks), and Tyrion Lannister Mafia. (He also made Melisandre a fakeclaim.) But more likely,
he fucking gives scum fakeclaims.
EVERY SINGLE GAME, WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
So Stefan's softclaim is null at absolute best.

I really don't like most of the votes for Stefan. Because, yeah, this. If anything, nameclaiming a character who sounds evil is a town-tell, given past games.

Even without that, though, I still think Stefan sounds (and has sounded) town.
In post 1461, bvoigt wrote:I'm Roose Bolton, Odd Night Vigilante.

Meh.
UNVOTE
. This is yet another claim I don't really believe, but ...
In post 1476, Minimum wrote:My gut feeling is that bvoigt is lying about his claim, but it's poor play to risk it on D1.

... right.

In post 1474, Minimum wrote:Ugh, I'm tempted to vote Sapo, but not willing to force yet another claim.

I would much prefer to vote for Sap than for Stefan, at this point. It's not so much the risk of another claim that stops me, but the lack of time.

In post 1492, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Why would you bother to confirm a Mason claim given that it would be wasting the Role-block element of your role?

Have I misunderstood how the Torturer role works? Isn't "mason" a passive ability? How could Shadow possibly confirm it?

--

Talking things over with Zar in the QT now. Will have a vote soon (if needed).

~ Pless
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:21 am

Post by DCLXVI »

In post 1473, Staeg wrote:Yeah okay mr. I-fakeclaim-miller-as-town

Screw you staeg, that's not called for. That was the wost game I played on site.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:24 am

In post 1503, Plessiezarus wrote:Have I misunderstood how the Torturer role works? Isn't "mason" a passive ability? How could Shadow possibly confirm it?

Congratulations you found the point. Shadow1 said "everyone and their sister claimed so why would I not check them" when most of the claims don't make sense for him to check.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:39 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

In post 1505, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1503, Plessiezarus wrote:Have I misunderstood how the Torturer role works? Isn't "mason" a passive ability? How could Shadow possibly confirm it?

Congratulations you found the point. Shadow1 said "everyone and their sister claimed so why would I not check them" when most of the claims don't make sense for him to check.

Unless of course they're lying... which is the point of checking... keep up here MoI.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:40 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

The House of Loraq is one of the slaving families of Meereen. They are an ancient line that has produced many famous figures, the latest being the fourteenth Hizdahr zo Loraq, King of Meereen.

Day 1, Votecount 55

Saporerint (3) - BBmolla, Albert B. Rampage, StefanB
Feysal (1) - Starbuck
bvoigt (7) - SnowStorm, Pandora, Seraphim, Plums Yo Mamma, Dolorous Edd, Shinori, Feysal
StefanB (13) - Regfan, Tyene Sand, Saporerint, Lyanna Stark, kortul, DCLXVI, bvoigt, Staeg, Mockingjaye, MagnaofIllusion, Mastermind of Sin, Shadow1psc, greenknight

Plums Yo Mamma (1) Benmage

Not Voting (3):
Jal, Minimum, Plessiezarus

With 28 alive it takes 15 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 5th September at 11:59pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-05 18:59:59)
  • Starbuck is V/la

No More Choosing
Feysal (7) - greenknight, Shinori, Benmage, Albert B. Rampage, Saporerint, Mastermind of Sin, Jal
Minimum (1) - Mockingjaye
Starbuck (1) - Starbuck
greenknight (1) - Seraphim
DLCXVI (15) - Tyene Sand, Plessiezarus, Regfan, Pandora, Feysal, Lyanna Stark, Kortul, Plums Yo Mamma, Staeg, Dolorous Edd, SnowStorm, Shadow1psc, bvoigt, DCLXVI, MagnaofIllusion

kortul (1) StefanB

Not Choosing (2):
Minimum, BBmolla

With 28 alive it takes 15 to 'Choose'. Once a choose has 15 votes it will be locked in but not end day.

A Choose has been locked in. Further choose/unchoosing will not be counted.

Just over 6 hours until deadline.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:46 am

In post 1321, Shadow1psc wrote:
Unless of course they're lying... which is the point of checking... keep up here MoI.

No .. you try to keep up. So you check a Mason and get back "No active ability" (keep in mind your "I get a Rolename but only if they have an active ability" claim is still odd as hell and smells concocted). Does that confirm them Masons? No, they could just be Investigation Immune, Bulletproof, or a Goon. So checking them only catches them if the have an Active Ability. Same with VT claims. It's very weak in that regard.

On the other hand checking someone who actually claimed an Active Ability will be a positive confirmation that they have said ability. Not 100% cleared (since active abilities can be Scum abilities) but a Vig result pretty much clears in this case.

So now that once again your "I'm being cheeky because I can" results in you looking foolish. Good work!

Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:47 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Thank you.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:11 am

Post by Minimum »

All right, I am going to suggest something ridiculous, but dead-serious:

We no-lynch today.

I mean it.

The point of lynching is to narrow the suspect pool, get a flip, and use a shot to get scum.

Right now there is no chance that Stefan is scum. If he is not lynched today, I'm willing to bet he will not be lynched for the rest of the game.

We're already getting at least two flips: DC's and his vig target.

Why just get rid of a townie for no reason?

Pless, your interactions with me today have kind of bugged me. It seems like you keep listing us as a top scum read, but then interacting with me as though you don't actually suspect me. (Never mind that you went from being mixed on our slot, to saying you found us scummy because "Mina didn't do anything to assuage our suspicions of that slot, to then defending my reaction, to then calling us a strong scumread anyway. It seems like it's come completely out of nowhere.)

Nacho, something I didn't say before: you might not have a specific strategic goal as scum by switching. It still felt off--as in, not how I think town should act when there's a counterwagon to their pet case. The motivation could have been as simple as "Look, there's another mislynch to push! Whee, let me look town by making a case on him."
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:20 am

Post by Lyanna Stark »

I'm just checking in real quick on my phone. But

unvote

While we discuss this. I'll be back after lunch.
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:32 am

Post by StefanB »

Before we do that, should we think at last about if another lynch is posible?
Okay dangerous is that we out another powerrole and this is unfair to to player= no time for defence and we can fail, but before we nolynch we should think about it.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:52 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 1461, bvoigt wrote:I'm Roose Bolton, Odd Night Vigilante. Flavor says I'm the killer of Robb Stark and Warden of the North, but I still have a lot of things I need to accomplish. I'm looking for immediate glory for House Bolton. The ability name is I'm gonna leech your face.

Hi. This is a fake-claim. Please don't derp it up and believe him. Trust me.

Die in fire.
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:03 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Mina you have literally been reading my mind for the last few pages. I was thinking the very same thing while I was at lunch just now.

Unvote
Permanent V/LA.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:05 am

Post by StefanB »

Edd:
Can you do a bit more to point it out?
Many players have doubts but a prove would be good.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:10 am

Post by SnowStorm »

Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 1461, bvoigt wrote:I'm Roose Bolton, Odd Night Vigilante. Flavor says I'm the killer of Robb Stark and Warden of the North, but I still have a lot of things I need to accomplish. I'm looking for immediate glory for House Bolton. The ability name is I'm gonna leech your face.

Yeah, I'm not very convinced by that claim either... How often are there Odd/Even Night Vigs here?

So I kind of still want to lynch bvoigt, but if Shadow uses his role on him tonight, he'll know if the claim is true and he'll also block him. That could save us from lynching an innocent bvoigt or from an evil role use. I don't know who else I'd lynch though. Maybe Shinori or Feysal.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:21 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 1510, Minimum wrote:Pless, your interactions with me today have kind of bugged me. It seems like you keep listing us as a top scum read, but then interacting with me as though you don't actually suspect me.

Your last few posts have been very sensible and you've said things I wanted to say before I did? That doesn't mean we don't suspect you. (Do I really have to start any sentence in which I agree with you with "Even though I think Minimum is probably scum ..."? :roll: That's tedious.)
In post 1510, Minimum wrote:(Never mind that you went from being mixed on our slot, to saying you found us scummy
because
"Mina didn't do anything to assuage our suspicions of that slot, to
then defending my reaction
, to then calling us a strong scumread anyway. It seems like it's come completely out of nowhere.)

Um. No? This is a pretty obviously wrong interpretation of how we've interacted this game.

We didn't suspect your slot "because" of Mina's posts. We suspected you for a while. I said that I'd read most of your slot's posts as CES so far, and that our impression might change after some later more-obviously-Mina posts. It didn't. But those Mina posts weren't
why
we suspected you. At best, they were a slight contributing factor. But it was more that Mina's posts failed to change our mind than anything else.

We also didn't "defend your reaction". We certainly didn't defend any reaction you'd had before our Post . After that post, you had a few more "typically town-Mina" sounding posts (I'm thinking of and in particular). But while noting this, we pointed out they didn't sound that convincing: "Mina's reaction to this vote is more the sort of thing we were expecting to see from a town-Mina. Would have probably been more convinced by a non-edited version of Post 641 though (assuming such a non-edited version actually existed, of course)". If you took that as a defense, sorry to disappoint you?

We stopped talking much about you when your wagon collapsed
because you were no longer around to interact with
. But just as asking Edd a lot of questions doesn't mean we think he's scum (and we don't), ignoring you doesn't mean we think you're town (and we don't). We didn't stop suspecting you -- see our (Zar's) , for example.

In post 1513, Dolorous Edd wrote:

Weren't you not going to be here? Please respond to my question.

In post 1516, SnowStorm wrote:Yeah, I'm not very convinced by that claim either... How often are there Odd/Even Night Vigs here?

It's pretty standard, according to the wiki? (I mean, it's certainly standard enough to be used in normal games.)

~ Pless
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:30 am

Post by Staeg »

Odd/Even vigs are probably as common as normal vigs. I don't think that's what DEdd's talking about, though.

So, anyway - I don't think DE is holycraptown. So, unless he actually says something useful, I'm not moving.
(no, that's not rolefishing - that's me diving headfirst into the rolelake with spear in hand)
sa vrede?
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:45 am

Post by StefanB »

Okay any plans that need my vote, please speak in the next half hour.
Time is running short.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:55 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

Fuck. No freaking time to lynch Bvoigt. Which is rather depressing.

@Pless
- Yea, I wasn't going to be here. Then I skimmed that we were thinking about
no lynching
. Anyways, for your questions, yea forgot about you because I just kept copying and pasting and rearranging my reads. Sorry about that. You're somewhere between null and leaning scum (kind of where Shinori/Sala is).

@StefanB
-
"Can you do a bit more to point it out?"
Umm, no? But I am 99% sure he's lying.
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:00 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

In post 1520, Dolorous Edd wrote:Fuck. No freaking time to lynch Bvoigt. Which is rather depressing.

@Pless
- Yea, I wasn't going to be here. Then I skimmed that we were thinking about
no lynching
. Anyways, for your questions, yea forgot about you because I just kept copying and pasting and rearranging my reads. Sorry about that. You're somewhere between null and leaning scum (kind of where Shinori/Sala is).

@StefanB
-
"Can you do a bit more to point it out?"
Umm, no? But I am 99% sure he's lying.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bvoigt
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:02 am

Post by Staeg »

I'm about to go to sleep, but: DEdd, if bvoigt flips town, will you selfvote tomorrow?
sa vrede?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:02 am

In post 1520, Dolorous Edd wrote:@StefanB - "Can you do a bit more to point it out?" Umm, no? But I am 99% sure he's lying.

This is fabulously bad.

Either you bring forth a reason to support this or let Bvoigt get sorted out via Night actions. The "Oh, I'm 99% sure he's lying" doesn't do any good.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:03 am

In post 1522, Staeg wrote:I'm about to go to sleep, but: DEdd, if bvoigt flips town, will you selfvote tomorrow?

Stupid stupid stupid ... did you seriously ask someone to self-vote on Day 2 of a Large game if they are wrong about the lynch today?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”