has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

VOTE: D Edd

Choose: MoI

That's all for the moment.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:34 pm

In post 37, Minimum wrote:After how long you've been looking forward to this game, you're totally okay with dying on D1? Not going to argue with the meanies ganging up on you?

(Likewise for Benmage, except strike the meanies part.)

VOTE: Minimum

Why so worried?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #125 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:18 am

So why does Minimum not have more votes at this stage?

Minimum at 34 wrote: But since the ideal choose target should be both someone everyone wants dead and town, both a good policy lynch and also likely to make a good vig choice, the whole thing is something of a paradox.

Or alternately, just choose MagnaofIllusion.

Minimum at 43 wrote: It's because I'm terrified that if you're chosen today, you'll vig scum and weaken my team. Because I'm incapable of moving my own vote off you right now, so all I can do is discourage other people (such as yourself) from placing one.

Or, you know, because your self-vote is odd and I want to know your motivations behind placing it.

So I clearly am a ‘good’ choice per Minimum. That much is clear by his initial Choice of me and his further posting.

Yet when I actually agree with him that I’m a good choice and Chose myself suddenly he 180s and says “I need to discourage that”. Makes no sense. Furthermore the “I can’t move my Choice” explanation paired with the cheeky ‘scum would never answer that way’ response means they are a good vote for rope today. Because if they were really prevented from moving their Choice they NEVER would have dropped it in their first post.

@Minimum
-

Looks at you … looks at my title …. looks back at you
. Not sure what is rocket science in understanding why I Chose myself.

Now – I’d like you to detail what possible scum motivatioin I have in wanting to make sure I die Night 1. Go!

Preview Edit - Good vote Tammy. You can be Town.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #139 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:10 am

The whole “Is this or isn’t this Multiball” and resulting suspicion on multiple players on each side is really pretty bad. Odds are favorable that we are indeed in Multiball but making assumptions of scumminess based on those facts today (voting Feysal for a ‘slip’ for example) is at best bad play.

Cow is Town. Yay!

If for some reason people don’t see the wisdom of sending me I will happily send MOS as a policy Choice.

--

@Plessie
– Um is BBMolla playing this game? If so can you tell me who he is masquerading as?

--

Benmage wrote: Im a little too drunk to post.... I blame faraday.. i wish mina wasnt scum.

And yet you aren’t voting for her …

--

Regfan wrote: Didn't like MoI's self-choose either but that was a super minor thing.

Am I right in assuming your vote on Snow is more or less 100% based on Westros meta or some such thing?

Regfan wrote: They're a better choose vote than a vote vote. And while I may understand your reasoning of "I predict I'll die early anyway so I'll take the shot" it's not right; it's much better to be aiming at securing a suspect on that giving us what is essentially two lynches and shots at getting scum with a backup night shot if we're wrong.

Meh. Suffice it to say I think having an early death being meaningful is a better move than it not. But as I asked Minimum - what possible scum motivation do you see in self-Chosing. Because you said it gave me a slight scum read and the above is just ‘mechanics’ disagreement.

--

Dol Edd wrote: In either case, I see killing off a suspicious person doing more good than harm. Choosing someone out of policy is pointless. Why no policy lynch the first day and have the suspicious person sent to kill Snow instead?

I disagree in that if we have to choose between giving a Policy lynch the power to kill anyone of their choice or a Scummy play said ability I’d 10 out of 10 times rather have the Policy lynch taking the shot. Ostensibly scummy players are more likely to be scum and scum has a 0% (barring cross-kills if this is Multiball) of killing a partner since they aren’t living to reap any Town cred from the shot (aka ***spreads arms wide***).

Dol Edd wrote: It fits with a scum who already knows there is another faction out there and carelessly said it as part of a discussion.

It also fits with Town drawing a pretty logical conclusion. Furthermore – Feysal is not careless regardless of alignment. Discuss how this impacts your read.

--

Plums Yo wrote: Sheeping Cow some.

If you were sheeping Cow why didn’t you vote Minimum? I don’t see the point in sheeping only his Choice and not his normal vote.

--

Stephan wrote: Benmage, Moi: Why are you selfcosing this is not a sane townmove (it is like selfvoting)?

I have reasons (that are pretty obv) why it is a good move to put the shot in my hands.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #157 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:47 am

In post 150, Minimum wrote:Thinking you're a good choice doesn't mean expecting you to agree with me on that (and in fact I'm fairly sure you disagree with most of my reasoning).

I assuredly don't agree with your reasoning. That's really irrelevant to the discussion. Still waiting for that 'scum motivation' for self-Chosing you are to be providing ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #169 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:54 am

In post 144, Plessiezarus wrote:Er. I am confused. Since he's on the player list and he's posted on the thread, I'm guessing that he is playing, yes?

Don't be confused. I'm on really good crack apparently .... :eek:

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #178 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:00 am

BBMolla
- why are you not voting Minimum?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #190 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:08 am

In post 189, Minimum wrote:Bandwagonning, duh.

Bandwaggoning is tek.

Everyone should bandwagon Minimum until they eat rope FTW!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #208 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:56 am

Plessie wrote: I was wondering why you have a scum read on Minimum? Obviously.

While on the subject – what is your read on Minimum and why is it that?

--

Staeg wrote: Aha, so molla's town.

Oh really? Do elaborate on why.

--

BBMolla wrote: @MoI: I can't read CES so he's town till LYLO.
I'd rather get obvious scum than probable scum personally.

Well generally your inability to actually play the game isn’t a good reason to say “Screw this, I’ll just ignore this slot till LYLO”. Although I do appreciate the assumption you are making about being alive till then … which is not a Town perspective I might add.

Why is Sala obv-scum? Explain it to me.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #213 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:08 am

In post 210, Dolorous Edd wrote:Everyone can slip though.
If he already read that there are other factions out there
, and he got it stuck in his head, he could've managed to forget that not everyone knew that, and mentioned it as part of a discussion.

Well that's pretty stupid logic on your part in calling it a scum-tell given it is fully Null (Town can easily assume Multiball given the size of the game and Mod history).

Let's talk about the bolded though - why would you assume Feysal scum in Multiball would have read about other scum? No Eddard Stark game so far that I have played in that was Multiball has specifically mentioned it in the role PM. Your scum read is based on facts that Town shouldn't be considering. Did you just slip and indicate that your scum PM tells you it is Multiball? Jumping on others who mention Multiball when you are scum yourself is a scum-tell I have seen prove effective in the past [most recently WrathChild in Star Wars Mafia].

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #232 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:07 am

Dol Edd wrote: I'm saying it's possible that in the scum PM it mentions other factions, esp flavor wise (ex, You are Dany, you wanna kill the Lannisters, but don't forget about your other threat Stannis too).

And I’m outright saying the odds that they are written that way in an Eddard Stark game is as close to zero as they get. I’ve been scum in all of the previous games. Two of which were multi-scum. The scum PMs made NO mention of the other factions directly.

My point to you was this – it looked very much like you are ‘inventing’ a reason to suspect Feysal for bringing up Multi-ball possibilities. And I’ve seen scum use the “they mentioned Multiball, they are scum” to attack Town in games here on-site.

--

Stephan wrote:MoI beeing a PL, requires a reason, as far as I understand PL, not ringing truth.

To set the record straight Stephan – CES does not like my playstyle and thus I’m a viable Policylynch for him simply because I’m to ‘wordy’.

--

BBMolla wrote:Because I'd definitely want to keep CES alive as scum.

ISO him.

1. So you ‘can’t’ read CES as Town but as scum you’d want him kept alive? You aren’t exactly giving me reasons to think you are Town bucko.
2. No, I didn’t ask why ‘I’ think or don’t think Sala is scum. I want to know why
you
think he is scum. Explain.

BBMolla wrote: MoI this is stupid. If you're a three man scum team in a game this large, the most likely scenario is it's multi scum.

And yes I know this shit has been said like three times prior, but I need to point out just how silly what MoI said here is.

Nope. You need to read for comprehension BB. The point is that Dol Edd is inventing reasons to attack which indicates to me the odds are higher that he is indeed scum who knows / suspects (from team size) it is Multiball and thinks he has ‘caught’ other scum slipping.

--

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #234 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:12 am

In post 233, hasdgfas wrote:hey Magna, if you were chosen and day ended right now, who would you shoot?

Minimum.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #236 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:18 am

In post 235, hasdgfas wrote:Besides him, because he's in the lynch lead right now.

Sorry, you should have stipulated that in the first place. :neutral: I honestly can't say for certain without an actual flip to work with. Gut says probably someone active-lurking (like Shadow1spc) or someone who should NOT make it to endgame like Sala or MOS since it is the first 24 hours of the thread.

Who would you shoot?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #257 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:07 am

In post 247, Tyene Sand wrote:How sad that this thread would ignore redFF's scumminess. Minimum is a bad lynch and, moreover,
we wouldn't want to ruin CES's record of not getting lynched
, now would we?

Um, that's the stupidest reason I ever saw to justify not voting for a scummy player. I'd love to see your reasoning why they are a bad lynch because any person worth Choosing is frankly worth lynching.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #259 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:08 am

In post 239, BBmolla wrote:MoI do you think I'm scum

Stop dodging and answer the question - why is Sala scum in your own words?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #262 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:13 am

In post 254, Dolorous Edd wrote:How come you always manage to find a ridiculous reason to just throw shit my way?

Calling out your behavior is hardly a 'ridiculous' reason to suspect you. Fact stands that it is more likely for Town than scum to be the first to broach "Multiball" and more likely Scum to be the one who jumps on them for bringing up the possibility.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #263 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:14 am

In post 261, Tyene Sand wrote:MoI: I was being facetious; picking up on tone in that sentence should not be that difficult. And I've explained why I think Choosing Minimum is far wiser than Lynching them. Please try to keep up.

I see your reasoning. I don't really say I agree as Minimum is by far the scummiest slot in thread and doesn't need access to the kill IMO. Please continue with the patented 'Tierce condescension'. It suits you!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #313 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:58 pm

In post 283, Minimum wrote:I genuinely am clueless as to how to respond to this level of wrongness in any terms but these. Mindbogglingly wrong.

Yes, act so outraged you can't elucide the reasons for your 'policy lynch'. That will be helpful :roll:

--

@Those Choosing Minumum instead of voting
- if you flipped to actively lynching instead of giving them the ability to kill we'd be at L-4. Frankly that's more productive than splitting between the two and there are less of you to flip at this point.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #318 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Last post of the Night - Minimum is bascially playing the "Ignore all the votes on me and reasons for them and they will go away as other people derp in thread". I'm not about to let that happen given their scumminess.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #361 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:59 am

@Anyone Choosing Minimum over voting her
– please explain why you splitting the pressure on the slot in a way that is not Pro-Town.

--

@BB
– congratulations! earns you a big fat helping of “BB can be shot or lynched whenever as he’s acting like a cheeky fuck”.

--

Sword wrote: Of course Scum will not kill scum…but why wouldn’t you want to try and kill scum the first time? I don’t get it.

We are trying to kill scum the first time. It’s called Voting them for lynch. What don’t you get about that?

--

Tyene wrote: MoI--why is the hydra suspect for jumping on Feysal's multiball mention while you are disregarding others who have done the same? Namely, me.

Well let’s see – your reason for calling Feysal scum is not that he called out Multiball but that he didn’t do it in a ‘Feysally fashion’ that indicates Town. It’s wrong but very different from Dol Edd who has possibly committed the “Jump on the first person to mention Multiball as possible / likely” tell that I’ve already explained. They also when presented with opinions that Feysal is not ‘sloppy’ regardless of alignment (and you know this to be true from Chrono Trigger Mafia in a Multiball environment) and run counter to their theory the response is “Whelp, I say it can happen anyway”.

Tyrene wrote: Frankly I think the way they are dismissing scumreads on themselves as ridiculous speaks of Town.

That’s a pretty weak reason since that sort of play is Null.

--

Sala wrote: So MoI, why do you want to die? I don't see the scum motivation, no, but I don't see MoI's motivation to do so, what makes you think (if you are town) that you will hit scum?

I’ve already explained this to others and I’m not in the mood to repeat myself. Read my ISO and get back to me.

Sala wrote: But MoI...

I haven't done anything yet

What is this? You haven’t done anything yet to make yourself a player I don’t want to see in LYLO? What have you said about your LYLO record in the past?

--

Minimum wrote: 2) MoI's self-Choose came out of nowhere.

Um, whut? You’ve been harping on the fact that game is barely open yet you want to suggest that my Choosing myself in my very first post ‘came out of nowhere’?

Minimum wrote: And you definitely get no town cred whatsoever by self-Choosing, and then immediately going, "You're scum for asking why I did it, because I'm obviously confirmed town for self-Choosing."

Well for someone who accuses me of ‘selective reading’ this is pretty interesting interpretation of my response to you. Please by all means link to ANY post I’ve made this game that indicates directly that I have claimed to be Confirmed Town.

Minimum wrote: your voting has been too safe (for example, sheeping MoI's vote on us in the same post that you choose MoI--the leading Choose wagon at the time--felt very dissonant)

Um, whut? You attack Sala’s ‘sheeping’ of my vote on you as Dissonant with Choosing me when he also could be reasonably expected to be sheeping my on my Choice also (since that is where it stood when he sheeped)? That’s just plain wrong logic right there.

You also make multiple references to being ‘sheepy’ in your reasoning why Sala is scum in . Are you stating sheepy behavior is more likely to come form scum?

--

Lyanna wrote: Good! ^^^ And for anyone wondering a continued reason for why I'm getting a town read on Edd. Good luck moving into college Arthur!!!

Why don’t you explain how what you quoted in should explain your Town-read on Dol Edd because I don’t see much in the way of alignment relevant information in the quoted post.

--

Shadow1 wrote: We're not lynching Hydrina or choosing them today.

Do you have a mouse in your pocket? Because that’s the only way you making a “we” statement makes any sense or has any credibility.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #363 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:02 am

Yup Shadow1 is scum also.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #367 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:14 am

In post 366, Tyene Sand wrote:From that logic, those votes should be in the Choosing, since that needs (at least, it should!) to be locked first.

No. What possibly makes you say that? Lynching is reserved for the most scummy person in thread. Not Voting them based on the fact that 'Choosing should lock first" is very poor play.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #388 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:46 am

Dol Edd wrote: Does this make sens to anyone else, or all you really all that dense?

Note to self – the second head of Dol Edd is as charming as the first …

--

Shadow1 wrote:Because scum buddies are going to white knight on day one, less than 24 hours in to said day.

Too much of this game is being taken too seriously too quickly.

--

Sala wrote: I'm not sure how CES can compare between two different games.

Are you saying that comparing of two game (aka meta) isn’t valid?

--

Tyene wrote:...has it occurred to you that Minimum aren't my strongest scumread and that you are not going to strongarm me into voting them if I don't think that's the best choice? Just a thought.

Yup. It has also occurred to me that Minimum is my top scum read and I’m going to advocate for the handling of them that is best for Town. Just a thought …

--

Dol Edd wrote:Aww really, Well how bad was it effected? if just a little then you can blame my scummish nature, but if alot then maybe your scumdar is just broke?

Dol Edd wrote: Just ftr, sucking on Day1 is not a reason for you not being lynched.

Neither is having a meta of acting scummy.

So hydra or not … please explain why your slot is able to appeal to “their scummish nature” which implices a scummy meta but others can’t use that exact same reasoning in making reads.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #391 (isolation #23) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:53 am

In post 389, BBmolla wrote:You're giving me shit when you don't think I'm scum

Where did I ever say that? You aren't Town that's for sure. The fact that you couldn't actually provide a simple sentence or two on why Sala was scum (before you 180) certainly does bad for you.

Regardless you are a great policy lynch / Vig.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #481 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:27 am

So I haven't gotten a full re-read since my last post in today but why has Dol Edd responded to multiple other players but not my questions?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #485 (isolation #25) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:14 am

It appears that the Town as a whole has no taste for arming my right hand with lightning ...

Unchoose MoI
Choose Shadow

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #488 (isolation #26) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:09 am

@BBMolla
– in regards to your . Which is not alignment related. Sala is the weakest player in this thread so that being the basis for your vote then isn’t very convincing. In fact that tone and snarkiness you are exhibiting upon being asked for your reasons actually puts you in my scum-pool. I’ve seen Town BBMolla be called out before. His responses were a world removed from what I’m seeing out of you (insult and undermine).

@Mina
– perhaps if I feel motivated I’ll respond to your recent posts explaining your motivations in self-Choosing. No promises thought as your hydra’s combined opinion of me and my play doesn’t really matter much to me personally and I don’t think it will serve much use to others in thread.

Shadow1 is worth rope / Choosing simply for his play – active lurking with no scum-hunting followed up by MD style discussion when called out for being scummy.

I’d also consider a wagon on Bvoigt for as it looks very much like the “Stall out commenting on anything of recent vintage to look active while not being held accountable for being up-to-speed” style posting scum love to use to active-lurk along. Nothing in that post is meaningful (he asks questions about comments on Page 1 which have long been settled, takes three positions that have been more or less long settled and convienently falls on the right side in each, and makes a throwaway fence-sit on a post of mine).

--

Reg wrote: MoI and Cow, is your scum reads or desire for Shadow to die because you're confident in him being scum or because you think he's useless and a good policyish based lynch or shot because I just re-read everything of his and it actually comes across as very town (Though fairly sure MoI won't agree with the reasoning behind it), his lack of care about the image he was putting forward of himself in his earlier posts is a decent town-tell and matches his town meta whereas his play in Kdubs game where he was mafia was relatively different.

I’ve already elaborated but you are correct – I disagree with your reasons for reading him as Town. I honestly think if Cow and I hadn’t put his active lurking fluffery in the spotlight he’d have been happy to coast along under the radar (like MoS for example). Also on gut and past experience his play very much strikes me as Scum-Shadow.

--

Minimum wrote: Overwhelmed by the pace.

I do not buy this excuse at all, especially coming from what I assume is CES. It’s frankly bullshit given his style of play.

--

Sala wrote:I have been told that two games isn't enough to prove meta between two players.

And again, the point is, that CES and I haven't even played a full game together, just Lylo, so I don't think that is enough for CES to get suspicious.

Am I wrong?

Just let me say I am in a quandary because your statement here is in conflict with play I have seen from Sala in the past.

@Sala
– do you have any completed games where you can demonstrate use of the “Town / Scum” list similar to the one you posted in ?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #525 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:58 am

MOD – As usual I will be LA starting today at 4:45pm EDT until Monday morning for weekend family duties. Access will exist but be sporadic.

@Anyone questioning MoS’s play
– yes, he always tries to be ‘Useless Eugene’ early in games regardless of alignment. He thinks it helps him seem ‘less threatening’ when he is Town and helps make sure he isn’t an ‘easy’ meta target.

@Dol Edd
at the bottom of my post. And the question is for your slot. You are only one slot and Hydra or not one of you needs to explain that to me.

I also agree with Feysal in that as someone who doesn’t play at Westros I find all the “Westros meta” talk to be as useful as a wet paper-bag. From what I have gathered Westros plays on a short cycle very similar to the site I played on before coming here. I would not try to cross-meta significantly from that site to here given the large differences it site norms and playstyle differences due to the short timeframes for Days.

@Also
– making the list for PlessieZar reminded me of something I wanted to say for future reference … if someone claims a somewhat non-standard Cop role in this game don’t immediately attack the absurdity of the role. I’m not going to elaborate on why just yet but do keep it in the back of your mind once I’ve prediciabely been Nightkilled early on.

--

PlesZar wrote: Could somebody who played in AFFC perhaps make a list of who was scum for me? As far as I can tell, it's not been revealed on the game thread, which currently only goes up to page 60 / the start of day 3 (I assume because of the board crash a while back?).

Scum in AFFC Mafia were –

Zoraster (who was Mod-confirmed Treestump scum from Page 1)
MoI
Shadow1
Zdenek
Pine
Greenknight

Shadow was the only scum to get lynched when I faked a Cop guilty on him.

--

Sala wrote: @MoI: Umm, no, not unfinished. I do have a certain game you should be very familiar of where I did use the list.

Why does this matter?

Because I’ve noticed a tendancy for newer / weaker scum players to try to mimic the beheaviors of stronger Town (or Town perceived) players as a manner of buddying. It usually manifests itself in undertaking behaviors they don’t normally due.

As an example – Katsuki in Plum and Andrius’s Lord of the Rings Mafia suddenly started using “Town / Scum lists” (see Posts 121 and 188) out of the blue. He explains at 293 that it is his first time using it (and he ‘liked” it). Yet he’s never done it since. The reason why? He was wanting to subtly mimic stronger players (the DGB / Ellibereth hydra being the best example) also doing it.

I’ll have to review but I don’t recall you ever doing that on a consistent basis Day 1 in games before. It dinged my scumdar since some strong players (Benmage / Regfan) who are using lists here.

--

Dol Edd wrote:(Also, everyone should reevaluate/recheck their read on Regfan. I got bad vibes from his ISO. I think because he came into the game strongly, people assumed right away he’s town [me included]. Seems like his posts of summaries/reads on a lot of players strike me of what I tend to do as scum (seeexample). OTOH, I’m not familiar with Regfan-meta too much, so I’m not sure if he tends to do this as town.)

Regfan makes summaries as both Town and scum so it’s completely Null as far as alignment goes for him to use them.

--

Feysal wrote: As I was reading Tammy's #423 I was thinking of how a common scum symptom is difficulty in finding suspects.

Do you really think this is that viable a tell in a game you think is Multiball? Scum have every reason to scum-hunt in a Multiball environment. Personally I find it to be a “Not used to the noise” tell in Large games for players with no MS experience.

--

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #541 (isolation #28) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:15 am

In post 535, bvoigt wrote:Though I see why you thought I was fencesitting on your post, that wasn't my intention. I think it was a scummy post.

Good. Please elaborate on what was scummy specifically in terms of scum motivation.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #635 (isolation #29) » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Just popping in to say this thread needs more Minimum votes and Shadow1 choices ... the day is moving in a positive direction and we need to keep up the momentum.

Perhaps more content tonight if I have time.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #671 (isolation #30) » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:20 am

In post 669, Plessiezarus wrote:I guess if enough people who've seen you play insist this fits your town meta I'll have to accept that I'm wrong, but I don't like admitting I'm wrong it's still bothering me for now.

Tierce if fully cognizant of her own meta (both Town and scum) therefore giving her a read based on "Town Tierce does this" or "Scum Tierce doesn't do this" is going to be completely useless. Don't listen to meta-reads from other players in that regard.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #689 (isolation #31) » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:33 pm

In post 680, Tyene Sand wrote:He's a particularly bickersome player and petty enough to enforce reasonless policy lynches.

You know ... for someone who seems to be against poisioning the play environement you seems to do a really good job of it yourself Tierce. But that aside here's a question -

Why is Minimum's calling me a good Choose as Policy lynch and not being willing to back up why not exactly what you are decrying above?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #696 (isolation #32) » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:41 pm

In post 690, Tyene Sand wrote:I have no idea what you're asking. Please translate this to English.

Don't you mean translate to smaller sentances for ease of reading?

Minimum has basically made it know I'm a completely acceptable Policy lynch (and I think CES has thrown in the VI tag if not mistaken) from Page 1. Yet I'm the 'bad guy' being attacked by Minimum for pushing a meaningless policy lynch on them. It's not and Mina's AtE-fest (which is of course a Null tell since when we hydra'ed as scum she totally laid down the "I'm sorry MoI is being mean to you Singer I understand your concerns, blah blah blah" sympathy angle) doesn't make my scum read on that slot waft away in a breeze like ephemeral smoke.

You don't seem to have batted at eye at their "reasonless policy" stance but mine you would seem to have some issue with.
And that's totes hypocritical since you'd do the same to MOS.

That better? And putting insulting one-offs under strikes makes them totally ok with you I know.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #734 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:16 am

@DCL / StephanB
– Don’t give my discussion with Tyene any more consideration than you already have. My purpose in asking Tierce those questions was to establish a baseline on her thought process. I really have not one iota of care whether Tierce or anyone else thinks I’m a good ‘policy lynch’ other than the innate humor it brings me. Ignore the whole discussion going forward please.

Amrun being all “Um, I need to catch-up” does not make my gut happy. Are you scum here Amrun?

Snowstorm unvoting Benmage at without actually re-voting really is dinging my scumdar. The whole point of his “my Town read on Benmage nullified my vote” stance was that Benmage wasn’t in any lynch danger and thus his vote was no danger. So he has no reason to unvote in that post given he doesn’t have someplace he wants the vote to go.

Shadow’s latest is simply a very light Appeal To Fear for those who read either Cow or I as Town and should not be any reason to adjust Choosing him.

--

Benmage wrote: I said this.. and is it not true?

Self-Choosing is not a Town-tell. It's not a scum-tell but it certainly isn't "TownTownTown" either.

--

Sala wrote:Ok, I see where you are going with this, but I must ask, why must I be obvscum? What if I am just town trying to play with the big boys and failing either way he plays.

Where did I say you were obv-scum? If I thought you were I would be voting you. I list suspicions as I see them. You worry too much about me listing a possible scum play from your slot given I’m not pushing you to hang at the moment.

--

@Minimum
– I’ll keep this short …

In were you seriously suggesting that my was ‘turning up the rhetoric”?

Furthermore the whole seems quite overblown since you were only have approximately half the votes necessary to actually lynch you when you made it.

Minimum wrote:
1) Minimum's policy-choosing you right out of the gate, as well as not explaining to people why we chose you, was a scumtell? You seem to keep implying it was.
2) Tierce is scummy, given that you felt the need to chime in and go, "Oh, don't listen to people telling you Tierce looks town--you should NEVER trust meta on her."

1. Nope. Your reaction to my Self-Choosing is highly suspect. None of the “Oh, is he playing the poor me card” and “maybe he has lost confidence in his play” reasons you would question my Self-Choose are frankly hogwash. My gut initial reaction I think nailed it … you two are worried that I would choose you somehow. And your “MoI regardless of alignment would push your lynch” line supports that initial feeling. If I was scum looking to generate “Town Pity Cred” with the Self-Choose then the correct decision is to Choose me. So no point in unchoosing so early if you wanted to pursue this line of thought. I can’t see the Mina half of your guys honestly as Town thinking Town MoI would waste the ‘Lightning’ on a vendetta (CES on the other hand is that self-absorbed) vig as opposed to playing to his Wincon. So your reaction was suspect and worth a vote.
2. No. Tierce’s “I can’t change my meta” is frankly hogwash. I didn’t catch her in Day 1 in Experimental Mafia because I ‘knew’ her meta (I had never played with her before). I caught her because her posts were scummy and showed scum intent. Knowing what I do now about how she tends plays as scum I'd say that game is very meta-contrapositive for her. She should be judged on her efforts in thread not on her history. Letting those unfamiliar with her know that leaning on meta with her is not a positive way to read her slot is Pro-Town.

--

bvoigt wrote: I think the motivation was to "manufacture," if you will, a towntell. Again, there's no direct scum motivation to selfchoose. But the way that you pointed out that scum wouldn't want to do it as soon as someone questioned you makes me think that it was a move deliberately calculated to get towncred.

Well given that you (and several others) have had this same reaction I frankly find your “You did it to get Town-cred” when it has netted me none and I don’t really care anyway to be pretty ludicrous.

@Bvoigt
– so did you stop ‘back-mining’ the thread because I called you out on it?

The irony of you attacking Sala for “going after easy mislynches” in is not lost on me. Sala has the biggest VI rep in the game by far.

--

Tyene wrote: Don't be a dick. You know I'm ESL and that snip was unwarranted. If I don't understand a sentence, there's no need to call me stupid.

Actually I didn’t. I’ve noticed there is a rash of “Being bitchy due to assuming people know everything about you when they don’t” going on here on MS. We probably need a site inoculation for whatever is causing it.

If you seriously have any thoughts that I have any sort of care whether you or CES or Mina or really anyone else considers me a policy lynch then you need to adjust your expectations.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #759 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:09 am

Something about following up the thought that "Transparency is overrated" with "Reasons matter" is very, very funny. Reasons matter, unless people are asking Minimum for them ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #785 (isolation #35) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:16 pm

In post 782, SnowStorm wrote:As for why I unvoted. Well, why wouldn't I? My stance was the same. I mean, my vote on Benmage was already null, I was just making it oficial, while generating a possible topic of conversation.

VOTE: Snowstorm. The level of crap being posted by yours truly has reached the point of no return.

Why wouldn't you? Well for starters you made such a strong point about it not mattering before. And now you've 180ed and taken the complete opposite stance ... that there is no reason not to do it. Guess what? There was no reason not to do it before either. Add in your "I'm making a topic for conversation" craptasm (hint ... actually scum-hunting makes for great conversation) and voila ... you get my vote.

Frankly given that too many players in the game is more worried about "Oh, what a bad move it would be to get rid of Minimum if they are Town" (which it wouldn't be but I digress) instead of actually lynching scum I can't say as I really care at this point. Too many players with no discernable backbone ...

If I live past Night 1 maybe I'll be motivated to begin caring again. Until then I'll probably prod-dodge out the day
so I don't have to see all the whining in thread

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #816 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:04 am

In post 804, DCLXVI wrote:-I think MoI and shadow are also town. The selfvote from MoI and the sarcasm from shadow seem to show more of a town mindset, scum generally don't play that loosely. (at least from my experience)

-Not liking benmage much, mostly for his first two posts, he makes a silly RVS post and immediately follows it up by...chiding everyone for not taking the game seriously...

What's this? You like my Self-Vote while not liking Benmage's first two posts which also contain a post 1 Self-Vote?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #899 (isolation #37) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:23 am

So five days or so to deadline and we still are getting vanity 1-off votes from people?

Read Snowstorm's ISO. Count actual scum-hunting posts or posts with opinions on who is scum. Vote.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #902 (isolation #38) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:38 am

In post 901, Dolorous Edd wrote:That doesn't actually mean he's scum though. It can pretty much mean he's overwhelmed, or is trying to figure things out and stuff.

It can also mean he's scum. I'm not relying on your Westros meta at all. And no, he's not trying to figure things out. You accomplish that by asking questions / pointing out behavior that is suspect. All he's doing is basically prod-dodging and responding to votes with "I disagree".

Frankly given that today's mechanic is being used as second lynch and the first wagon I supported stalled out (Miniscum) I'm not going to worry myself over lynching a player who has a equal chance of being scum or just useless Town.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #906 (isolation #39) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:01 am

In post 904, Dolorous Edd wrote:How is his play much different, than say Bvoigt, or Mockingjaye, or Shadow, or even Starbuck or something? Just because they might put an effort here and there to look like they are contributing? And how is this different than SS? At least SS seems genuine. Your reasoning can be extended to a number of players in this game, and it's not great reasoning for catching scum in any game in the first place.

Well frankly this list you provide makes me wonder.

Bvoigt and Shadow1 - I have scum reads on them (and if you bothered to check would see I am Choosing Shadow) so you are agreeing with me here.

Mockingjaye's posts actually have content and present opinions on who might be scum. That couldn't be more different than Snowstorm's posting. Trying to link a low volume high content poster like Mockingjaye to Snowstorm is terrible, frankly.

Starbuck's play is also terrible but I see signs of Town-Starbuck in there. In other words my Starbuck meta says Town.

Being 'genuine' is a crappy platitude that means absolutely nothing.

I'll wait for you to link me to posts by Snowstorm that say "Town" to you since everything in this post is "Why aren't you suspecting others (incorrectly I might add) for the same thing", aka the "Look over there" defense.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1013 (isolation #40) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:11 am

UNVOTE: Snowstorm

He’s claimed Mason and given a name. I can actually see someone with a Mason role thinking they could derp around knowing they were confirmed Town. I have little flavor knowledge (outside what I have picked up from playing these games and a few episodes of the HBO series) so I will assume the Freys make sense as members of the Lannister Alliance.

Suffice it to say I’m not 100% accepting of the claim at this stage. Anyone who knows Eddard Stark games knows there should be a Neighborhood in this game (I alluded to this earlier) but that doesn’t outright make the claim invalid. I myself think knowing the name of his Mason partner / partners (flavor name specifically) would be helpful long term but don’t care enough to absolutely push on the issue.

VOTE: Bvoigt

My next most viable scum read.

Choose: Minimum
– I don’t favor a Feysal choose currently so I need to consolidate on a viable alternate option among my scum reads.

Not really liking the immediate “Partners should claim” stance from either Benmage or Tierce. Both are experienced enough to know that only helps scum out this early. Later on if there are questions (or conflicting claims) it can be handled then.

--

bvoigt wrote: Um, no, I simply got caught up.

So you felt the need to comment on Page 1 – 5 posts but more or less didn't comment on the 20ish pages afterwards to comment on recent happenings then?

bvoigt wrote: This looks to me like you're twisting his words. He mentioned that Benmage's choose was just RVS (was it? doesn't really matter, I guess). It makes sense to me that someone would discount an RVS self-choose but find a serious one townish.

Um, whut? You think Benmage just ‘randomly RVS’ chose himself? That’s a pretty weak stance to take. The rest of your argument is predicated on this and I don’t think Benmage has said “yeah, I RVSed myself” anywhere to support the premise.

--

Dol Edd wrote:Ahahah. Told you Snow was town. Now we just wasted a claim

You do know who is in best position to make Town calls on non-scumhunting derps, right? That being said – why are you so certain it isn’t a fake-claim without any independant confirmation? Because scum have never claimed Masons before, right?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1024 (isolation #41) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:59 am

Note for the record how Minimum's activity (specifically the Mina half) has dropped off since the pressure on them abated.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1030 (isolation #42) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:21 am

In post 1025, Shadow1psc wrote:Minimum has more posts than you and has posted each day this week?

The difference, of course, is the fact that the decline in general posting just happens to coincide with their NOT being the top wagon (and thus not needed Mina's patented AtE flailing).

I'll just ignore your trying to draw parallels between the two of us since you are scum and all.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1106 (isolation #43) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:41 pm

In post 1089, Regfan wrote:I've seen her strategically lurk as scum before. Might not be the case right now but don't rule her out due to it.

She pretty much did in the recently finished Words with Scum game that Quilford ran (Mini Theme). Not sure if it is site-wide for her as of late or not but clearly it isn't anti-Scum meta for her.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1132 (isolation #44) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:07 am

In post 1114, Mastermind of Sin wrote:Ugh. Scared scum or overwhelmed townie?

He's replacing out of multiple games so I suspect it is not alignment relevant ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1146 (isolation #45) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:47 am

In post 1136, Pandora wrote:9) MagnaofIllusion -- This is weird. I like to think I can read MoI pretty well, but in my eyes he has such little presence this game that it's hard for me to discern his alignment at all.

Don't know what's more funny to me Quil ... the fact that you think you can read me well or the fact that you can't get any read off my posting this game despite thinking you can read me well.

Unchoose
Choose: Greenknight

I'd rather still have Feysal in the game than Greenknight all things being equal.

MOD – I will be LA starting at 4:45pm EDT today as usual from my family weekend duties til Tuesday morning (due to the Monday Holiday in America). I will have sporadic access but will not be as active as normal.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1149 (isolation #46) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:16 am

In post 1148, Benmage wrote:
MoI
what is your read on Sala?

That's he's a VI. I fully admit the players that poor are my read Kryptonite ...

If I didn't have scum reads on non-VI players like Minimum, Shadow1, bvoigt, etc I would not have hesitated to vote him if it came to it via policy.

Now that IecSapo has replaced Sala I'm confident the slot will be readable going forward.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1188 (isolation #47) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:32 pm

In post 1178, BBmolla wrote:Yes. People are giving him shit for the same shit I've done this game.

The difference is people know you are always useless / scummy in every game. Like Katsuki.

Bvoigt actually can play the game in an effective manner.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1217 (isolation #48) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:43 am

In post 1214, Eddard Stark wrote:Feysal (1) - Starbuck
Shinori (1) - Staeg
Shadow1psc (3) - Lyanna Stark, Benmage, kortul
Jal (1) - DCLXVI
DCLXVI (2) - Regfan, Minimum

Not Voting (5): Mockingjaye, Plessiezrus, Jal, Feysal, Saporerint

Deadline is in 3 Days. Every single one of you is doing it wrong (or scum happy to No-Lynch) and needs to drive another wagon.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1245 (isolation #49) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:26 pm

In post 1244, Regfan wrote:Jal, from memory every game that Faraday has hosted has had full fake-claims and not just fake-names.

Quick note - this is not completely accurate. In those games other than AFFC (which was quasi-open about who was what role) scum were provided safe-names by Faraday and could request a full fake-claim (including flavor) at will.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1288 (isolation #50) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:50 am

First things first ...

A Shadow lynch wagon? I'm so happy with that.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Shadow

I'm not really a fan of the DCL choose wagon ... I'd much prefer Minimum. If it comes down to it I'll move to DCL over Feysal.

Unchoose
Choose: Minimum

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1290 (isolation #51) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:02 am

Shadow’s and show exactly why he needs rope as others have already gone over while I am LA.

Mockingjaye is Town. Any further attempts to wagon her for low activity will be met with violent roping.

--

Regfan wrote: This is depressing. Minimum is not getting lynched or chosen despite majority of the room voicing a scum-read on the slot and instead weaker players are being pushed instead for reasons that sum up to them being weaker. I want Minimum in a noose before day 3 at absolute latest.

QFT

--

Kortul wrote: I looked at the quotes in his signature, sighed and moved on. MoI, what do you know of this replacement?

Read Dark Side of the Moon Mafia. Seraphim’s play was terrible all the way around. Despite the fact I handed Town the identity of scum (and lynched 2 of them Day 1 and 2) and Zang’s being saved pre-LYLO by an unclaimed Governor was clearly an indication he needed to by lynched in LYLO Seraphim derped it up and lost the game for Town.

I stand by the line in his sig. The fact that he is proud of being so terrible makes my blood boil and he will be voted by me if his wagon EVER becomes viable. He’s in my “Policy Lynch always" pool even if I read him as Town since he is a danger to Town regardless of alignment.

--

Minimum wrote:You realize there's a reason we're hydraing, right, MoI?

Bvoigtwagon seems to me mostly a matter of him being not that strong a player but not to the point where it looks like an easy lynch. His posting seems fine to me.

Another non-response in the first line. Yup there is a reason you are hydrating. What that reason is has absolutely no impact on whether you drew a scum-PM or not.

Minimum wrote: Meta is a big part of it. I've played with him and looked over the Kingdom Hearts game and he really did look town in both those games. There's also just a lack of scumhunting in his posts and recently he's simply gone completely inactive and basically not bothering to play. There are also a few statements that are clearly off (his original Feysalpost and "Hey!!! Someone understands me!!!! About time!!!") of a type that you'd expect Salascum to screw them up.

Sala is a VI. I’d love you to link your common games to show him looking Town. He was terrible in Kingdom Hearts. The stance (Mina propsed it in the post) that people should sell the two of you on Sala-Town is a mis-argument. I see a few players (Benmage) arguing that Sala is Town but I myself say I have a very hard time reading Sala and find the attention he draws for VI play suspect. You both needed to sell “Sala scum” not the other way around.

Frankly for someone who is giving bvoigt the “looks like an acceptable mislynch since he’s not an easy lynch” cover your push on Sala is a nice bit of Cognitive Dissonance.

--

bvoigt wrote:2. What I'm saying is that DCL thought it was RVS. His exact words were "a silly RVS post."

And I think that’s not a valid explanation. Look at . The silly part to me is Benmage voting someone he says mathematically isn’t scum.

Let’s ask DCL …

@DCL
– Why did you call Benmage’s RVS post silly specifically?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1302 (isolation #52) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:30 am

Minimum wrote:It's very important to stay hydrated! More relevantly, our reasons for hydraing do matter for activity stuff which your accusation preceding that remark dealt with.

Oh look, another non-answer. Your answer is “Mina is busy” so that explains why Mina faded into the background. Yet Mina conveniently wasn’t busy when her “emotional obv-Town posting” was needed when you two were under fire. Maybe it’s just happenstance. I don’t see you as Town so I’m seeing it as quite possibly strategic.

Minimum wrote:Link (#26 is especially townie looking). And I did try to sell Salascum; and given the circumstances challenging people to sell us Salatown instead of lazily dismissing it as a push on a VI was not inappropriate.

I’m not seeing much difference in Sala’s play there personally. And the post you claim is obv-Town didn’t happen until after Day 1 there. So color me not impressed with the meta.

You are of course ignoring the fact that your sale of Sala-scum was poor and ignored for that reason.

Minimum wrote: Hmm? My position was and is that the bvoigtwagon looks like the result of him being a weaker player but not weak enough that he enjoys the "easy target" protection. Where is the dissonance?

Bvoigt isn’t a ‘weaker player’ as you put it. I’ve seen him play strongly and well as Town. We could also joust about what makes a player a ‘weaker player who isn’t weak enough to be called that’ but frankly I think it’s clear that’s crap.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1345 (isolation #53) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:12 pm

In post 1341, Tyene Sand wrote:There is definitely a huge problem with my pile of townreads and I will have to review it during N1. In the meantime, I really have no idea what to do with this vote.

Good to know you fully expect to survive the Night ...

UNVOTE: Shadow1
VOTE: bvoigt

While Shadow's role is just as likely Scum as Town he's a dead man after that claim unless this is Singleball. Don't forget that if he survives long term even if he serves up a tasty bus at some point. After I threw him to the wolves in AFFC I'm sure he is capable of doing the same. Also Mina herself use that role (or a variation) in her Tiger Eaten Large Normal game so I would expect Faraday (a reviewer and back-up mod IIRC) to be certainly capable of swiping it.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1349 (isolation #54) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:21 pm

In post 1346, Dolorous Edd wrote:Seriously, one thing that has been bothering me about MoI is the fact that he is throwing suspicion towards Mini without actually doing much to try and convince people. Like, every once in a while he would drop by and say something like “Everyone should vote Mini”, “This thread needs more Mini votes”, etc, without actually looking like he is believing in what he is saying. It just feels artificial.

Die in a fire. You seriously need to either actually read the game or shut the fuck up.

I made my case and pushed hard on Miniscum early on. I'm not going to waste my time railing for a lynch when we have a combination of stupid, lazy, and self-interested working against it.

Here's my question - who have you pushed in a non-artificial way? I've seen tons of "Oh, player Z is Town" crap out of you but absolutely no actual credible pushes on anyone.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1388 (isolation #55) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:40 am

@Dol Edd
– in regards to … why no answer as to who you have pushed in a non-artificial way?

--

SapIec wrote:MoI's "dead man" point doesn't work because we already have outed Masons.

Well given

1. The Masons are not actually confirmed
2. That the Masons only serve as a PoE danger as claimed

I think you are underestimating the timeframe they will likely live, especially given how non-dynamic and non-Town they have acted so far.

--

Minimum wrote:We probably would have been better off just quicklynching the first person to claim VT and then waiting for all my town reads to crosskill each other. It's going to be the fifth straight scum win in a row. Yay!

And why the fuck am I even posting in this game?

Does anyone see this and get “OMG let’s fake some disgust” bleeding through like I am?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1394 (isolation #56) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:22 am

In post 1393, Shadow1psc wrote:itt: Everything I talked about at the beginning of the thread in regards to day one play is completely true and the only relevant thing anyone has done all day.

ITT: Shadow fails to understand that Mafia is not a game of "Day 1 is pointless"

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1468 (isolation #57) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:25 am

UNVOTE:
VOTE: StefanB

Unchoose
Choose: DCL

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1477 (isolation #58) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:11 am

In post 1472, DCLXVI wrote:You guys are idiots, I really was town.

Shouldn't have self-voted then.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1482 (isolation #59) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:18 am

Can we go back to lynching Shadow instead? PLEASE!!!!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1488 (isolation #60) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:35 am

In post 1485, Shadow1psc wrote:I have expressed, actually, that I don't like any of the wagons. But we're not no-lynching, and I buy Stefan's claim and sincerity more than anything Bvoigt has said. Vig is an easy claim etc.

It's ok. We get that as scum you want to lynch a Vig.

That it doesn't make sense given that you could likely prove he was Mafia via your Role (since you could confirm bvoigts role name as Vig) should not be considered in the least .... :roll:

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1492 (isolation #61) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:42 am

In post 1490, Shadow1psc wrote:Or I could confirm any number of other suspicious claims because everyone and their mother claimed today. And yes, I think it's in town's interest if we don't have five million kills tonight.

Bullshit.

Why would you bother to confirm a Mason claim given that it would be wasting the Role-block element of your role? Why would you bother confirming a VT claim? The odds you block the Nightkill in either case is pretty much zero.

Now the Vig on the other hand would be a good confirm if you are 'worried' about Nightkills.

1. It confirms him as Town.
2. It makes sure he doesn't kill Town regardless of his alignment
3. It helps establish a baseline for the number of other kill sources.

The 'five million Nightkills" is funny. Good work on using over-exaggeration to hide the weakness of your argument.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1500 (isolation #62) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:49 am

Inb4re a Troll Face post by Shadow1 ....

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1505 (isolation #63) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:24 am

In post 1503, Plessiezarus wrote:Have I misunderstood how the Torturer role works? Isn't "mason" a passive ability? How could Shadow possibly confirm it?

Congratulations you found the point. Shadow1 said "everyone and their sister claimed so why would I not check them" when most of the claims don't make sense for him to check.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1508 (isolation #64) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:46 am

In post 1321, Shadow1psc wrote:
Unless of course they're lying... which is the point of checking... keep up here MoI.

No .. you try to keep up. So you check a Mason and get back "No active ability" (keep in mind your "I get a Rolename but only if they have an active ability" claim is still odd as hell and smells concocted). Does that confirm them Masons? No, they could just be Investigation Immune, Bulletproof, or a Goon. So checking them only catches them if the have an Active Ability. Same with VT claims. It's very weak in that regard.

On the other hand checking someone who actually claimed an Active Ability will be a positive confirmation that they have said ability. Not 100% cleared (since active abilities can be Scum abilities) but a Vig result pretty much clears in this case.

So now that once again your "I'm being cheeky because I can" results in you looking foolish. Good work!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1523 (isolation #65) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:02 am

In post 1520, Dolorous Edd wrote:@StefanB - "Can you do a bit more to point it out?" Umm, no? But I am 99% sure he's lying.

This is fabulously bad.

Either you bring forth a reason to support this or let Bvoigt get sorted out via Night actions. The "Oh, I'm 99% sure he's lying" doesn't do any good.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1524 (isolation #66) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:03 am

In post 1522, Staeg wrote:I'm about to go to sleep, but: DEdd, if bvoigt flips town, will you selfvote tomorrow?

Stupid stupid stupid ... did you seriously ask someone to self-vote on Day 2 of a Large game if they are wrong about the lynch today?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1531 (isolation #67) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:19 am

In post 1528, Plessiezarus wrote:I don't understand why you (or MoI, for that matter) thinks this is the best way to go. Vig is already a provable role. We'll likely know if bvoigt is lying or not tomorrow, if he uses his kill. If Shadow blocks him, then we'll only know that Shadow claims that bvoigt is a Vig. And if bvoigt is a (town-aligned) Vig, we'll have missed out on a chance to shoot scum.

Um so a Vig is absolutely proveable if bvoigt claims a kill uncontested? Let me ask you about this ...

1. How does bvoigt claiming a successful kill assure that he's a Vig as opposed to another role (such as SK or member of a Mafia group) that has killing capacity.
2. Say that tomorrow bvoigt claims to have shot player Y and player Y is not dead. What information are we sporting from that?
3. Do you think bvoigt and Shadow are scum together?
4. We are apparently missing out on our chance to lynch scum today. Why is confirming (potentially) bvoigts' role more damaging than that?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1562 (isolation #68) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:53 pm

I'm LA as usual and apparently Eddard
is too lazy to mention it
had too much wine and it slipped his mind ...

Let's not be sending votes willy nilly until Town gives thought to the best way to use said role.

Also - when I do get access I will be checking out who defended DCL to the hilt yesterday.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1777 (isolation #69) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:36 am

Catching up today ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1796 (isolation #70) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:24 am

A bvoigt vote would be here if we were not waiting for Magua to
stop trolling
catch up.

Now that Shadow1 has claimed a result inconsistent with bvoigt’s Vig claim I’m more than happy to have him eat rope today.

I’ll be sending my Jail PM to Eddard right after posting this.

I’m suspicious of those who immediately voted Bvoigt today without any input from Shadow1. That’s Dol Edd and Staeg. And really looking at Staeg’s ISO I would go with him first.

On the topic of deaths – I think as claims play out down the line we can judge what makes sense from the “Why did the ostensibly Powerless Masons die” perspective.

Shin’s sort-almost-a-claim makes my head hurt from a “is that good play” perspective.

--

Plessie wrote:Does he give them pre-made? Does he hand them upon request? Are the roles you can fake-claim pre-given to you?

Others have tackled this but to be explicitly clear –

In the past when it wasn’t an open character set-up (not AFFC) Eddard games have given the scum team safe names (I had Hodor in clash for Badass Pirate Victarion) and players could request fake-claims with flavor for any role they wanted at will.

--

@Dol Edd
– why exactly did Alex choose to leave your hydra?

Dol Edd wrote: MoI hammer of DCL makes it unlikely that he is scum with him. DCL got pissed that he was hammered. Not really sure why? The dude put himself at L-1, what the hell do you expect when you vote yourself, and then get mad you were chosen?

In all fairness that’s a pretty weak reason to clear me. If scum don’t have Daytalk I could see DCL being just as pissed that he got hammered and his “self-vote” gambit wasn’t allowed to possibly play out. Pretty null item, really.

--

Zdenek wrote: In ASOS, LMP and I, a scum team of 2 had day-talk. I don't think that the main scum team did, but I could be wrong.

I’ll have to review Clash … I don’t think we had Daytalk (and same with the Lannisters) but I need to be sure.

The Starks as a whole did not have Daytalk in ASOS. Robb Stark and Greywind did have private QT to themselves with Daytalk.

--

Shinori wrote: I still really think that Staeg is scum.

I agree.

I’m going out on a limb in what you know – Staeg also targeted bvoigt yesterday and thus might well be a Scum Watcher role aligned with bvoigt

--

Staeg wrote: This can't be the case due to shadow's result.

Your inside knowledge is showing. Why can’t bvoigt be a Serial Killer whose Kill is Factional and who has other Passive abilities again? Oh that’s right … because he is in your QT.

--

Tyene wrote: I want everyone to stop and put their hands up if they think they see something here.

I want this dead. Badly. ASAP.

Yes, agreed.

--

Going to do some looking at how wagons rose and fell (specifically in relation to both DCL and bvoigt) and then look at some ISOs after.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1799 (isolation #71) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:16 am

So looking at Day One wagons (and just wagon movement, not at the underlying ISOs) and making an assumption that DCL and bvoigt are not the same faction -

Benmage, Pandora and Feysal all look pretty darn solid not likely scum. Their wagon positioning / how others go at them looks very Pro-Town.

Sapo, Mockingjaye and Staeg all look very bad. Sapo looks possible as a partner for either player and Mockingjaye / Staeg look like very strong bvoigt parnters.

Also a large number of players look like good bets to be unlikely Stannis regardless so I have a pretty strong PoE list on the off chance this is Single-ball.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1801 (isolation #72) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:31 am

In post 1800, Minimum wrote:MoI, didn't you have daytalk in AFFC as well? I know Faraday has come around to being a huge daytalk proponent, so I'm fairly confident scum have it here, as well.

We did but I find it pretty irrelevant to the discussion since the only reason we did was to facilitate discussion out of thread with our Mod Confirmed Treestump scum leader (Apples to Quartz Geodes IMO). In case I wasn't clear ... I don't think Faraday favors universal Daytalk for Scum.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1818 (isolation #73) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:55 am

In post 1806, bvoigt wrote:Hey, I'm here and will read as soon as I can.

And yet you didn't have time say a single thing ... like why your 'Vig' didn't go off.

I'm tired of waiting at this stage. Magua replaced Cow who was an early Town read and frankly I think he's too busy paying attention to MishMash to want to bother holding up things for him.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1825 (isolation #74) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:45 am

In post 1823, Regfan wrote:(I've sent my jailkeep vote in.)

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1854 (isolation #75) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:21 pm

@Plum / Nacho
- I may have a question for you. I need to carefully review the thread so it will have to wait til morning. I may also be extra cryptic when I ask it. Stay tuned and tingly with anticipation :D

Also regarding your Plessie case - to quote the grand philosopher Homer Simpson - "I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter".

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1856 (isolation #76) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Hey Tammy ... is this one of those bitter tunneling deals you sometimes do that you will regret later if Jal isn't scum?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1858 (isolation #77) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:10 pm

Ok, carry on.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1867 (isolation #78) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:44 am

In post 1850, Eddard Stark wrote:
Scumhunter replaces Starbuck. Welcome him to the game

Oh dear god ... (that does count as a welcome, right? You didn't specify a warm welcome.)

In post 1866, Eddard Stark wrote:
Prodding Mockingjaye

Given that she links pretty strongly vote-count wise to bvoigt I'm not surprised about this.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1868 (isolation #79) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:01 am

Magua wrote:Saporerint: At the very least, the jump over the PM-posted-in-thread I don't buy at all, especially the "Why would town ever have any reason to post that?" that I see coming from Tierce and Regfan.
I'm not really a believer in scumslips at the best of times,
but the way things went -- *especially* Tierce's "That's an obv mispost from a QT" -- read to me like people trying to make hay that isn't there, which makes me think town. Slot hasn't done anything terribly townie, but I got to be me, so I'll settle for the null pile.

In regards to the bolded … remind me again what recent game it was we were NOT Hydraing together in and we debated whether a scum-slip was valid and whoever it was flipped scum and I was right and all in your face about it. I’m being lazy but am pretty sure this actually happened and I’m not imagining it.

Magua wrote:([1] Super-secret-Feysal-towntell from Good vs Evil excepted, because I was reading him as scum up until that point.)

This wouldn’t work for you anyway this game … :P

And frankly he's not displaying it.

Magua wrote:Jal: Too many wall posts (though there are plenty guilty of that), but too defensive in his posts. It's not about finding scum, it's about proving to others that he's not scum.
(Footnote: I'm assuming Jal is a Westeros-er immigrant)

Hey look, I’m building a wall post in asking you these questions. Totally ironic!

Would you not have assessed Snowstorm’s play as very similar (too defensive and not worried about finding scum)? Because at a gut level I’m not getting Jal-scum (yes, I am not really reading her that closely) and wonder if this is a “Westros import” symptom.

--

So Plessiezarus – after re-reading Plum’s missive on you as scum I have a question regarding some of your analysis …

Plessie wrote: (10th vote): MagnaofIllusion: votes for Stefan after Bvoigt's claim in 1468 - no other opinion on Stefan given
(12th vote): BBmolla: votes for Stefan in 1534: no reason given and no prior opinion about him

Here you are allocating scum intent (as indicated in from your summary) …

Plessie wrote: I'm also slightly suspicious of people who joined the wagon with no reasoning, or who seemed to encourage it without ever joining it.

I see you indicting both myself and BB for voting without reason. Yet you are specifically ignoring the context of those votes. Both were made within 12 hours of deadline after bvoigt had claimed Vig.

Are you suggesting that there is some mystery to why I (and BB) moved our vote other than to secure a lynch? You yourself voted for a Town read to make sure no-lynch didn’t happen. What is any different about these two votes than yours or Jal’s other than explanation (it’s deadline and he claimed VT) which frankly were obvious given the circumstances?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1870 (isolation #80) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:30 am

In post 1869, Regfan wrote:Magua, explain to me why Shinori revealing whatever information he has now is dumb because I don't see it that way at all. Think it's better if everything is just laid out on the table now and we have time to assess it and evaluate it while there's little other discussion points going on. Not just that though but wasting a jailkeep on him over players that are obv-town and actually contributing is stupid as well as the fact that if we reveal it now scum have less chance to plan and react towards it whereas waiting for a future day means scum might be able to work out what he's talking about and know how to deal with it. Oh and you should totally grow some balls and learn how or at least attempt to read me plus you should and better go reread D1, there's a shitload of content there and a lot of obvtown reads to get.

MoI, think the game you're thinking of was Lost Butterflys Scummies game.

First off thanks ... that was the game I was thinking of.
In your face Magua!!!!

And I agree with Magua here ... the deaths of Snowstorm and Greenknight (especially him given that DCL could have killed ANY obv-Town he wanted) means that to me there definitely is scum in the obv-Town group. So your "lets protect obv-Town" leaves me a little confused and cold. If obv-Town from Day 1 was such why those two dead? Yes, I understand that it is possible this is Multiball and a obv-Town got protected last Night. That still can happen tonight then.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1873 (isolation #81) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:40 am

In post 1871, Tyene Sand wrote:Magua, MoI? I believe Minimum and I are the ones saying that there is something wrong with the pseudo-universal obvtown reads, and Tammy and I are the ones who think the mason deaths are somewhat odd and point to scum among those.

(Well yes, Magua is calling me scum, but I still have to see you do that.)

That's wasn't worded the best ... I agree with Magua that Shin should be Jailkept and not reveal his information. And the reason I agree with that stance is I believe the the 'obv-Town' have scum in it.

Minimum isn't really saying that to my mind. They are saying "the strong players are playing meh" which

A. isn't true.
B. is a cop-out excuse for why the Nightkills happened as they did.

So I'll relook at them but I actually see them arguing the opposite of what you are IMO.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1875 (isolation #82) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:13 am

@Tyene

In post 1873, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Minimum isn't really saying that to my mind. They are saying "the strong players are playing meh" which

A. isn't true.
B. is a cop-out excuse for why the Nightkills happened as they did.

So I'll relook at them but I actually see them arguing the opposite of what you are IMO.

Went back and reviewed this. I was wrong on this point and Minimum has voiced that opinion (in conjunction with "strong players are meh so far").

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1892 (isolation #83) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 pm

In post 1891, Zdenek wrote:No final reads. tsk tsk.

Stupid Daykill gambit ... tsk tsk ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1918 (isolation #84) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:14 pm

In post 1915, bvoigt wrote:WIFOM is so much fun.

Yeah but it only works when you do it right ...

This isn't an example. Better luck next time!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1921 (isolation #85) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Sadly these last few posts of bvoigt's have more game relevant content than all his Day 1 offerings ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1934 (isolation #86) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:37 am

At this point I see no big motivation to hold off. Especially for Scumhunter. The lynch for today is decided and almost all players have their Jail vote in. Let's get this done and move on to Day 3 with more information (and a pocket scum in Sapo if they aren't Vigged).

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1941 (isolation #87) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:15 am

@Plessie
- has some points I would like you to address.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1944 (isolation #88) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:58 am

Pless wrote:But yes, we believe there is a difference between, on the one hand, explaining the votes you cast, and on the other hand, casting votes in silence and expecting other people to attribute your vote to whatever reasons they find most natural and least suspicious.

See this is the kind of over-thought and over-wordly response that I would expect form someone overjustifying their stance.

Here are the facts … Stefan had claimed VT. Deadline was in 12hours. I voted Stefan after bvoigt fake-claimed Vig because securing a lynch was paramount. Really no significant explanation is needed and the fact that you went out of your way yourself to say “OH, he’s Town but we need a lynch” is Faux Town posting.

Pless wrote:What's different is that both we and Jal talked about the Stefan wagon before voting. It's not simply that we explained our votes as we cast them, but that we were commenting and talking about the wagon as it grew. Obviously I understand voting for somebody simply to get a lynch. What I don't like (and the reason we placed people like you and molla into a different group than people like ourselves, Jal and greenknight) is the fact you didn't feel obliged to explain yourselves at any point.

Until you each voted, you and BBmolla had said nothing about Stefan. When you voted for him, you each said nothing about why you were doing so. Yes, there's an obvious reason for voting at this point, whatever your read on Stefan -- but why not comment on how likely you think it is Stefan is actually scum when you vote?

I don’t care that you don’t like that I didn’t feel need to ‘voice’ the obvious reasons for my vote. Again … are you trying to ascribe scumminess to that situation (deadline in under 12 hours and a VT claim as one of only two viable wagons with the other being a claimed Vig)?

I didn’t have a read on Stefan. This is a large game and frankly his posting style is awkward enough that I didn’t really feel the need to sink my teeth into him. Him flipping either Town or non-Town would not have shocked me either way.

So once again – I feel you are over-working the subject in a way to frame yourself as obv-Town in a situation that didn’t require it.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1949 (isolation #89) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:00 am

In post 1948, Scumhunter wrote:Pretty much all I know right now is bvoigt is claimed scum for reasons I don't know and that my slot claimed VT. That disappoints me because it means I can't fake claim 2-shot charmer troll the game as easily.

No please proceed with fake-claiming Cop and getting yourself lynched for it. Don't let the little technicality of Starbuck claiming VT get in your way.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1952 (isolation #90) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:03 am

In post 1932, Eddard Stark wrote:Saporerint (1) - Tyene Sand

Not Voting (13): Minimum, Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Magua, Regfan, Zdenek, Plessiezarus, Feysal, Saporerint, Scumhunter, Jal, Pandora

Three of the following people need to get in here and vote bvoigt. The day isn't going to yield anything more IMO.

And someone please shoot Scumhunter dead tonight. I'll love you forever!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1965 (isolation #91) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:14 pm

First we need to reach an agreement on who to Godhand - you need to list the players you are happy autosurviving Night 3 and probably living a couple more days even if scum.

My list
- myself, Tyene, Plum Momma, Magua, Reg, Benmage, MoS ... and maybe I could have my arm wrung to Minimum. No chance anyone outside this group gets my Godhand vote.

Sap is getting my Duel vote unless someone is willing to make a claim that suggests they should live. And even then it would have to come from a strong Town read.

I will probably be pushing on Staeg or Mocking today.

Shin
- Ok ... you got your Night ... spill what you got son.

And of course I am LA til Monday morning per usual.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1968 (isolation #92) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:26 pm

Also - anyone who fucks up the Godhand process (YOU CAN ONLY VOTE ONCE THERE ARE NO TAKE-BACKS) via stupidity or trolling can totally be today's lynch ... especially if Sapo flips scum of ANY type. No excuses or 'Oops, didn't read' is going to fly.

So Scumhuinter is free to become todays lynch via trolling if he wants.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1973 (isolation #93) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:49 pm

In post 1972, Staeg wrote:Aaand I'm not actually sure who I'd want to vote.

Having a hard time figuring out the opposing scum team I take it Staeg.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1978 (isolation #94) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:49 pm

In post 1974, Minimum wrote:MagnaofIllusion, do you actually think all the players on that list have a reasonable chance of being scum?

See, it's stupid questions like this (and I'm assuming this is CES) that make me wonder if you guys can possibly be this bad as Town (aka my scum read on you is accurate). The answer, of course, is clearly not since I myself am included on my list :roll:

That list of players all meet the following criteria - they are experienced and much harder to lynch as scum than the average player while being capable of being a positive Town force once confirmed. So selecting them to be Godhand revealed gives Town a benefit regardless.

1. If they are Scum they are autolynched Day 6 (assuming they survive Night 5 somehow).
2. If they are Town they get an automatic pass to Day 4 free of threat of Nightkill and then introduce WIFOM into scum's Nightkill deliberations (opposing scum will not be immediately sure until the end of Day 5 that they aren't going to be an autolynch as a member of the opposite team) for Night 4.
3. If they are Town and survive to the end of Day 5 they give Town protective roles another good target to flex their protective muscle on.

I personally would love to be Godhanded so I can avoid having to deal with "Burden of Proficiency / Kill him if he lives to Day 4/5/whatever" arguments from players too lazy to try to read me.

@Tammy
- I hope this answers your questions regarding what I feel is the best use for this ability.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2028 (isolation #95) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:13 am

In post 2022, Benmage wrote:Now than Staegs slow claiming is driving me fucking nuts

Maybe we Should push Staeg through... allow him to get in a nother cop, and if he's lying we auto lynch D6.

How in the hell is Staeg's "investigation" results worthwhile at all given what we know about the setup?

Do you think there are Freys hiding in the Aegon / Stannis factions?
Do you think the Freys are a THIRD Mafia faction when two flipped Freys were Town Masons?

Staeg is by almost all accounts likely some sort of Role-Cop and made up the "Frey Cop" claim in a panic knowing his links to bvoigt (which I pointed out yesterday) were strong. No chance in hell he is getting Godhanded.

--

Also before I forget - remind me to talk about BBMolla later when I have serious time.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2042 (isolation #96) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:10 am

HURT: Sapo

Half the hydra has posted on site since thread opened. I see no point in waiting for this particular discussion since we have to get Godhand sorted out and that WILL take time. This is just a repeat of bvoigt lurking his Doom away.

--

Zdenek wrote: MoI, I'm still wondering why you thought Cow was town.

Um, good for you?

I found his early play and reads to closely mirror mine. I’m Town. If I feel bothered I’ll link to early posts of his that I agreed with.

My questions to you – why the strong focus on Cow (now Magua) and my read on him? Do you think Magua is scum? Why did you choose me last Night?

--

Staeg wrote: In panic? I was well aware that if I wasn't getting lynched today, then tomorrow. I had 2-3 nights/days to plan for this. What the hell are you trying to say?

So why did you ‘know’ you were getting lynched other than you being linked via Night Action to a scummy target choice and by dayplay and votes to scum? There have only been 2 Nights total in the game. By 2-3 do you mean 3 periods of Nightalk with your partners (Pre-game and N1 and N2) perchance?

--

Pandora wrote: Uhm. With bvoight being roleblocked scum, and two other kills against masons, aren't all the scumkills accounted for?

Shadoweh are you on crack? I ask because this makes no sense from someone not chemically altered.

1. DCL shot one of the Masons with his Strongarm Vig shot. Not a normal scum kill.
2. bvoigt being roleblocked doesn’t mean much given he was very unlikely to be delegated to make the kill for the Aegons unless the team was collectively stupid enough to think he wasn’t getting Tortured by Shadow.

So no, all the potential scum kills are not directly accounted for.

--

Regfan wrote: Staeg, let me make sure that I get this completely right. You claim that you investigated me N1, then come end of N1 and start of D2 you state that you have 'bad guttish feelings about me' but don't claim any information, the only way that it even makes an ounce of sense is if you 'guiltied' me in which case you'd come out stating and claiming your guilty and your Post 1995 states as much. So you investigating me, getting an innocent and then stating a scum-read on me makes no sense whatsoever. I know your online now so want to explain it to me?

This codifies why Staeg is our normal lynch today. His claim makes no sense in context as being a Frey Cop is pretty much meaningless (Town can be Non-Frey and Scum seems very unlikely to be at all given the source flavor).

Staeg is a Rolecop or sum such other Scum investigative role who made up the Frey Cop as a means to suggest why they tracked who they did.

--

Dol Edd wrote:Also, remember what BB said - Aegon's troops are split up so they don't know each other.

I wanted to address this specifically because I think quite a few assumptions are being made bout BB’s claimed information. Here is what BB claimed –

So apparently I recieved a letter from someone, it says that Aegon Targaryen's forces are split up so that some do not know who the others are. After some extensive research(AKA, googling Aegon Targaryen) I've come to the conclusion this is probably good knowledge for the town to know because they look like bad guys.

So I’d like BB to clarify something for me before this “Aegon team is separated” gets ingrained as gospel.

BB
- Please specify what you mean by “I received a letter” as it relates to actual mechanics. How did this information come to you, specifically?

--

Minimum wrote: p-edit: that was Mina, and I actually missed that you'd included yourself on the list (I read "myself" as part of "My list"), but 1) I would godhand myself over several of the names on that list (because clearing a group suspect is better than making sure that a widely trusted player is double-confirmed in a game with crosskills), 2) missing something like that is not even the slightest bit alignment relevant, and 3) that doesn't explain why you were pushing us to the ground on D1 but then stopped despite claiming to still suspect us. I asked because some of the players on your list were bizarre, and I wasn't sure if the problem was with your strategy or your scum/null reads. I have no problem with choosing players you'd like to have around even if they were scum, but it's a complete waste of a guaranteed sane mod investigation to use it on someone who's trusted and likely to be nightkilled.

What players on the list are bizarre? My strategy is rock solid so I'm not sure what you are talking about. Not a single name on that list is universally Town-read.

Well to point 3 – what exactly did you expect yesterday? Bvoigt was dead scum walking. I’ve already stated my case regarding you well enough that it doesn’t bear repeating. Yeah … I think you are scum. Your reaction to my self-choose has never been explained in a way that makes any sense from a Town perspective. The fact that your Day 1 wagon was very, very difficult to build in comparison to the ease with which wagons of large size formed on Feysal / Snow / Greenknight indicates you are more likely scum than Town. And let’s look at some of your bvoigt posts Day 1 –

Minimum at 455 wrote: bvoigt, you're right--that catch-up post did suck, for a number of reasons (and not because it was short).

Well that’s a whelming lack of anything concrete disguised in sentence that looks to call him scummy but actually says nothing (sucking isn’t alignment relevant, see Scumhunter for examples).

Minimum at 643 wrote: I think my reads are probably shittier than they usually are, because I'm too inclined to feel positively about people (like bvoigt and MoS) whose play looks scummy but who are defending us (either directly, or by chainsawing people who attack us). So it's hard to untangle "people who are playing toward a scum wincon" from "people I want to (metaphorically) die in a fire." It's a bad sign when I'm getting paranoid of my town reads for no reason whatsoever other than "They're voting me/don't like me/kind of looked at me funny."

Here’s a well-crafted “let’s fence-sit” post on bvoigt (also on MoS). You call his play as scummy looking (not scummy, just scummy looking) but say you think he’s Town for defending you. You’ve allowed yourself to go either way on his alignment down the line.

Minimum at 1028 wrote: Bvoigtwagon seems to me mostly a matter of him being not that strong a player but not to the point where it looks like an easy lynch. His posting seems fine to me.

I already pointed this out Day 1 – this looks very much like a partner trying to give bvoigt “Weak Player” defense points.

At you agree with Regfan’s opinion at 1096 that bvoigt is more likely Town than not for doing some ‘Town’ things.

Minimum at 1327 wrote: (By the way, PlumNacho's hop onto Shadow bugged the shit out of me. They made a huge case on bvoigt that singlehandedly started the wagon, don't ever back down from it...but then when Shadow's wagon gains momentum mostly as a counterwagon to bvoigt...without even mentioning bvoigt, they make another big case on Shadow, and hop over? This was when bvoigt hadn't said a single word in his defence. They don't even seem to have a moment of town "Hmm, should I switch wagons? Both of these are good," self-reflection. Just another giant case to persuade people onto Shadow.)

This screams buddy in trouble foreknowledge. Your slot hasn’t expressed as scum read on bvoigt. Yet you are orchestrating an attack on Plum’s slot for hopping off bvoigt to Shadow. The undercurrent here … you know that bvoigt is scum and Shadow isn’t your partner and when bvoigt eventually flips scum

Minimum at 1434 wrote: To be completely honest, I just want this on the record for postgame: if I (Mina, since this post is short enough to be ambiguous) was alone, my vote would definitely be on bvoigt right now. But I'll leave hydra dissonance out of the thread. Right now I feel that just about everyone else (well, possibly not Saporerint, since most of the towntells they've dropped don't count for much if this is multiball) who has had a major wagon on him/her today is town based on either claims or reactions.

Right here we see cute use of ‘Hydra Dissonance’ to explain why you haven’t been pushing bvoigt when the theme coming from the slot is “bvoigt isn’t scum” prior to this. Also note … not a single bit of reasons why Mina would vote bvoigt.

@Minimum
– I think I know but please indicate which of the posts I have quoted in this response were Mina written.

Minimum at 1437 wrote: So bvoigt, you coincidentally think that both the leading Choose wagon AND the leading vote wagon other than yourself are both scum? There are no doubts whatsoever in your mind?

Also, what exactly is the scum motivation for DC to behave like this? Why exactly is he trying to get towncred by his case on Lyanna? (I'm missing a step in your argument.)

In A Clash of Kings, he made Sandor Clegane and Petyr Baelish townies (where town were the Starks), and Tyrion Lannister Mafia. (He also made Melisandre a fakeclaim.) But more likely, he fucking gives scum fakeclaims. EVERY SINGLE GAME, WITHOUT EXCEPTION. So Stefan's softclaim is null at absolute best.

Furthermore, what the fuck? He hasn't actually 100% softclaimed Tyrion, anyway. It might be the language barrier.

This is annoying. I hate it when I suspect the lynch option(s) that hasn't claimed more than the lynch option who has claimed. (Personally, I'd go bvoigt>Sapo>Stefan, but my other half would probably veto this order.) I also think Feysal is moderately more likely to be scum than DC now, too (although his long reads post seemed more genuine than the one he did in Court of the Gods on the verge of being lynched).

More “Oh, I would totally vote bvoigt if CES wasn’t vetoing my righteous scum-hunting” posting.

Minimum at 1476 wrote: My gut feeling is that bvoigt is lying about his claim, but it's poor play to risk it on D1.

Pretty self-explanatory.

Minimum at 1550 wrote: No.

What information are we getting if five people go, "Shit, no time. *piles vote on him*" There is literally nothing to analyze in multiple people voting someone they don't actually suspect and using "it was deadline" as an excuse. The people on the tail end of the wagon will just be the people who happened to be online. It's completely null.

If you have doubt on Stefan's alignment, then go ahead and lynch him for the "flip". But every instinct in me is screaming that he's town...and furthermore, no one is arguing otherwise. Lynching him today when everyone thinks he's town is pointless.

Having a flip doesn't help if we already know what the flip will be.

Just because it's good play 95% of the time to lynch someone you don't suspect on D1, doesn't mean I think it's good play here.

...you know what?

I don't think we should lynch bvoigt right now. But I'm leaving my vote here just in case Edd has actual information making him scum, just in case it's needed.

Read this carefully.

1. Strongly defends Stefan who was going to hang as a claimed Vanilla Day 1. Classic “scum positioning against the lynch on bad Town” play.
2. Read the last sentence – they don’t want bvoigt lynched but are voting him on the off chance Edd has ‘information’ (thus nudging Edd to claim if he is indeed an alternate Vig).

Summary – that whole sequence of post reads as partner who first wants to get pressure off the slot early on when there isn't a strong push. Later they transition to a 'bvoigt is scum' position well after he's been wagonned and Stefan was going to take the rope Day 1.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2046 (isolation #97) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:59 am

In post 2043, BBmolla wrote:Gonna shower than get back to this thread with thoughts.

Ok thanks for the quote ...

Did anyone get a PM Day 2 that they didn't mention before? Now would be the time to fess up.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2065 (isolation #98) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:14 am

Minimum wrote: I'd argue that Tierce and Regfan pretty much are, some silly people notwithstanding.

If you would want to argue when just the presensence of ‘silly people’ makes you wrong by default be my guest.

Minimum wrote: #1028 is mine. The rest are Mina's. Is that what you thought?

Well my impressions are confirmed then … Mina was fabricating her “oh Bvoigt is scum but CES was holding me back” hydra-dissonance posts as a way to slide onto distancing from bvoigt.

VOTE: Minimum

Minimum wrote:I generally bus my partners though? I mean, sure, this is multiball but this suspicion on our slot should do wonders for our longevity + it's still bvoigt we're talking about.

I’m going to indulge in some Fate style response to this …. Ahem …

“LOLOLOLO WHAT IS THIS SELF-META I ALWAYS BUS MY PARNTERS CRAP? IF YOU BUSSED HIM HE’D HAVE BEEN DEAD WOULDN’T HE. YOU OBV-SCUMBAG JUST TAKE THE ROPE AND BE HAPPY YOU LIVED THIS LONG”

Now that I have that out of my system I think Revolution Mafia shows that you are more than happy to not bus to lynch (given CES was the only scumbag actually lynched) when it suits you.

So yeah, eat rope.

--

Pandoshadow wrote: I feel better everytime someone asks me that. Saying they would have to be collectively stupid doesn't change how it looks. There was an abnormal kill, that incidentally was shown with the person chosen, and there was another kill on the second mason. I mean it's not confirmed but when it looks like a spade and feels like a spade..

What is this I don’t even ….

Seriously I have no idea what you are trying to say. Here’s the facts –

1. We have two Mafia factions.
2. We had one kill Night 1 that wasn’t ‘special mechanic’ based.

I don’t see in what universe you find all expect kills to be accounted for given these facts.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2068 (isolation #99) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:56 am

In post 2067, Minimum wrote:Well, it's a bit late for it to matter either way, but you've just been caught in a lie. Can you figure out what it is, based solely on information that is in the thread?

It's kind of obvious ... why bother since Sapo is dying today.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2070 (isolation #100) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:06 am

In post 2069, Magua wrote:Hurt saporerint

You need to use the HURT: [/hurt ] tags I believe Magua ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2073 (isolation #101) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:39 am

In post 2072, Regfan wrote:MoI, in Revolution Mafia (Where I hydraed with CES though was not really there for any of the end-game due to lurking, woops) CES did buss. A lot. Town just never followed him on it so his self-meta of he'd buss as scum is somewhat relevant and useful.

Nope, it's not useful at all IMO. I've already explored how his actions towards bvoigt don't look like Town but like scum positioning themselves for cred when he eventually flipped once the actual pressure was off. If you would like to comment on why I'm not drawing valid conclusions from their ISO feel free to do so. Just saying "Oh, CES says he would have bussed so that means he's Town" is not helpful.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2084 (isolation #102) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:42 am

3 more to flip Sapo at this point ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2086 (isolation #103) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:04 am

In post 2085, Lyanna Stark wrote:I had to read it three times to figure out what lie ces was referring to. I don't know if it's necessarily a lie though, depending on the way arhturs target resolves. Doesn't really matter anyway though.

Edd has claimed to be the source of the Arena combat today. Mull that over and re-read their claim.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2092 (isolation #104) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:55 am

In post 2091, Benmage wrote:
There are no men like me. There's only me.

Hurt Sapo

Use the Hurt tags you derp :P

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2098 (isolation #105) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:33 am

In post 2098, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=4340628#p4340628]post 2097[/url], Ser Arthur Dayne wrote::)

Okay, so due to the flip I don't think Bvo and Sapo knew each other (Sapo was an "informed goon")

I'm guessing, based on the flavor it can be Illyrio and Varys know each other and Connington and Aegon know each other?

I doubt that in as much as bvoigt didn't flip Informed ... probably something along the lines that he knew something about a role held by a player of another alignment (similar to Hito's Informed roles).

Of to mine that slot's posts for possible information.

Also will be codifyinig a Godhand summary for reference in a bit.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2102 (isolation #106) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:10 am

GODHAND PSUEDO VOTE COUNT

MoI (3) – MoI, Pandora, kortul
Tyene (5) – MoI, kortul, Magua, Zdenek, Plum
Plum (8) – MoI, Pandora, Minimum, Staeg, Benmage, Regfan, Magua, Plum
Magua (5) – MoI, Pandora, kortul, Zdenek, Plum
Regfan (3) – MoI, Dol Edd
Benmage (5) – MoI, Pandora, Dol Edd, Zdenek, Plum
MoS (5) – MoI, Pandora, Minimum, Regfan, Plum
Minimum (5) - MoI, Pandora, Dol Edd, Zdenek, Plum
Feysal (1) – Magua
Lyanna (1) – Magua

No Current Preference
– Lyanna, Mockingjaye, Tyene, Shinori, MoS, Feysal, BBMolla, Jal, Scumhunter

IF THERE ARE ERRORS PLEASE MAKE IT EASY TO FIND YOUR OBJECTIONS PLEASE!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2103 (isolation #107) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:11 am

So with needed 11 votes to Godhand the best candidates at the moment look to be Plum, Tyene, Magua, Benmage, MoS, and Minimum.

Thoughts from those not voting would be great!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2111 (isolation #108) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Could we chill out on the regular votes until we get the Godhand figured out?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2128 (isolation #109) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:20 am

FFS people stop regular voting!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2131 (isolation #110) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:49 am

GODHAND PSUEDO VOTE COUNT

MoI (4) – MoI, Pandora, kortul, Mjaye
Tyene (5) – MoI, kortul, Magua, Zdenek, Plum
Plum (10) – MoI, Pandora, Minimum, Staeg, Magua, Plum, Dol Edd, Jal, BBMolla, Mjaye
Magua (6) – MoI, Pandora, kortul, Zdenek, Plum, Mjaye
Regfan (2) – MoI, Mjaye
Benmage (7) – MoI, Pandora, Dol Edd, Zdenek, Plum, Jal, MJaye
MoS (6) – MoI, Pandora, Minimum, Regfan, Plum, MJaye
Minimum (8) - MoI, Pandora, Dol Edd, Zdenek, Plum, Jal, Feysal, BBMolla
Feysal (1) – Magua
Lyanna (1) – Magua

No Current Preference
– Lyanna, Tyene, Shinori, MoS, Scumhunter

It takes 11 Godhands to finalize the event for everyone but Plum. Plum takes 10 Godhands since Benmage has already voted.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2132 (isolation #111) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:32 am

So regarding the Godhand

Unless there is shifting among already voted the only possible viable targets are Plum, Minimum, MoS, Benmage and Magua. No-one else can get to the required 11 threshold even if all 5 undecided support them.

Plum can be Godhanded at this point if everyone on her list votes. I myself will give those players uncommitted another real-life Day or so before locking in my vote.

--

My vote will be moving to Staeg today. Even before the Sapo flip he looked from vote movements to be a very likely partner to Bvoigt. Now that Sapo has flipped Goon (although Informed) I think it very realistically likely that Staeg is a Scum Investigative role (RoleCop or similar). Given we have already had Vanilla Town flips I don’t see that role that Staeg claimed as a “Useless Powerrole” meant to replicate being a VT.

My take on the ‘Aegon don’t know each other’ – I have a hard time buying into fully that someone with a messenger power Day 1 as Town would also know that the Aegon faction actually was in the game and would be somehow disconnected. I have other thoughts on that fact but for the moment I don’t think it needs to be delved into.

If the information is valid I think probably the Aegon faction is split into two ‘sub-factions’ – one with Varys / Aegon and one with Danny / John Connington. My knowledge of the series is more drawn from the HBO series but since Danny and John are oversees it could make sense to have them separated in this regard. Anyone who has actually read the books feel free to correct me on this.

--

Jal wrote: I'm more worried over a rushed Godhand. How do you propose we formally figure it out?

Well given we are gathering everyone’s preferences and getting a consensus on who is best thought to be the target (see my posts). Why ask this question when you have already given your input? Do you not understand what we are trying to do?

Jal wrote: @Dolorous Edd: If you really wanted to duel me and think I'm for sure scum, why didn't you? Not making the day boring by all voting for Sapo doesn't really cut it since that's essentially what people did anyway with the hurt mechanic.

This is very, very scummy. Dol Ed chose a wise target (self-confirmed Scum) with his ability. It basically saved Town a Day of lynching Sapo and allowed us to get an immediate flip. Questioning why he didn’t choose you as opposed to Sapo effectively is a soft attack on his scum-read on you.

--

kortul wrote:@MoI - is your comment in 525 in any way related to Staeg, by chance?

No, it does not.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2134 (isolation #112) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:41 am

Well then ... screw my theory I guess ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2136 (isolation #113) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:42 am

In post 2135, Benmage wrote:Bbmolla should full claim, no?

No. Bad Benmage ... no donut (or whatever passes for donuts in Westros).

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2142 (isolation #114) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:19 am

So Shin has claimed Follower (an Investigation role) and decided that another player using an Investigative role on a player that is generally considered Town (Regfan) is suspect but not damning.

Aside from nitpicking language choices what exactly about that is not aligned with a Pro-Town thought process?

@Staeg
- so is Shin scum?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2145 (isolation #115) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:53 am

In post 2144, Jal wrote:Dear lord I don't give a shit if my question seems scummy. I don't ask things wondering WILL THIS LOOK SCUMMY? OH MAH IMAGE. Where have you been all game? I've barely been "soft attacking" his scum-read on me. I've been full on questioning and attacking him regarding it. And so what? See, I could maybe understand your concern if I was attacking a town read. When did attacking/questioning someone on their actions regarding a scum-read on you become scummy?

It's scummy because you've chosen a scum-motivated attack. You have not given reason one that supports why his use of his ability on what is Self-Confirmed Scum as opposed to you is scummy. And the language you used "Why didn't you use it on me if you think I am scum" is specifically aimed at making him look like he's not being honest in his assessment of you as scum and ignores the realities of the game-state. I don't care if he is your scum-read. He's a Town read for me at this juncture and your attack on him is scummy.

What is scummy about his choice? Why is having multiple scum reads in a Multi-scum game scummy? Why do you think that being all 'outrageous' in your posting somehow makes you seem Town for 'not caring about image'?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2163 (isolation #116) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:19 am

Godhand: Plum’s Yo Mamma

It pretty clearly has shaken out to between these two and I would much rather Plum Yo be Godhanded than Minimum. And since MoS is too lazy to bother to read the thread and see that continuing to pile regular votes on Staeg BEFORE the Godhand is finalized is stupid I don’t want to put it off any longer and risk herp-a-derp blowing of the ability.

FOS - MoS
(hey, that's a little rhyme thing too ... nice)

--

Staeg has a question in to answer if he’s Town. If he is Scum he should feel free to ignore it.

--

Jal wrote: Feel free to catch-up and read the rest of the thread to understand what I was getting at. Yeah, I think there's a possibility he's not being honest in his scum read towards me. It doesn't feel like he actually thinks I am scum. Glad we have you to keep us on the ball in that regard, though. Might have gotten confusing for everybody else skipping the walls.

Also, I never said that him having multiple scum reads in a multi-scum game is scummy. I never said or implied or even tried being "outrageous" somehow makes me town nor did I say that to make me seem town. That is only you trying to imply these things onto me. Why ask pointless questions which were never implicated? Get this nonsense out of here. If you're going to try to make up some things to paint me unnecessarily scummy, at least have it be based on something.

Well putting aside the pointless “Oh, you are so stupid” tone that pervades this response let’s get down to brass tacks.

There is no point to your question to Dol Ed if you think he is Town. Your question clearly meant to indicate that you found his play and read on you was suspect. Dismissing it with “I never intended that to get out” handwaving isn’t a defense. Yes, your question did assert in an indirect manner that his read on you was scummy for not Dueling you today.

Here’s my issues – you claim to be Town. Dol Ed chose actively to duel Aegon scum as opposed to you. I would have more than likely supported Dol Ed if he chose you. I’m guessing many other players would as well given the responses to you in thread. So what I am seeing is you having an issue with his choice of not Dueling Town you as opposed to Scum which I don’t see as making much sense.

Further that you have a problem with his wanting to lynch Staeg (who you also have a scum-read on per your vote) as opposed to you today doesn’t make sense to me from a Town perspective. You seem more focused on discrediting his scum-read on you as opposed to reading his alignment.

Your reactions to Tammy and myself follow a pattern I am seeing – very reactionary play. Perhaps it is you getting acclimated to the site … I can’t tell.

Jal wrote: I'm mostly frustrated and surprised what he says actually gets anywhere.

And this is why I’m now turning my attention your way. You’ve spent tremendous energy calling out Dol Ed and anyone who questions you on why you are doing that as opposed to hunting scum.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2165 (isolation #117) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:05 am

In post 2164, Eddard Stark wrote:Staeg (7) - Pandora, Minimum, Dolorous Edd, Magua, Jal, Mockingjaye. Mastermind of Sin

So it would fantastic if a couple of you could unvote until Godhand is finalized.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2166 (isolation #118) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:06 am

In post 2159, Magua wrote:Godhand: Plums Yo Mama

ITT we discover that Magua is Red-Black colorblind.

Yes, that's sarcasm people.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2169 (isolation #119) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:11 am

In post 2167, Staeg wrote:Might very well be. Not sure what everyone finds so town about him, and a voyeur/follower wouldn't surprise me as scum.

Well that's a very nice "maybe" answer but doesn't really match your reaction to his claim. In all your post regarding Shin where you explain your actions you make not a peep that his choice was in any way suspect. Your post treat him as a Town Powerrole giving results.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2175 (isolation #120) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:44 am

In post 554, Tyene Sand wrote:
MoI wrote:
Because I’ve noticed a tendancy for newer / weaker scum players to try to mimic the beheaviors of stronger Town (or Town perceived) players as a manner of buddying. It usually manifests itself in undertaking behaviors they don’t normally due.

As an example – Katsuki in Plum and Andrius’s Lord of the Rings Mafia suddenly started using “Town / Scum lists” (see Posts 121 and 188) out of the blue. He explains at 293 that it is his first time using it (and he ‘liked” it). Yet he’s never done it since. The reason why? He was wanting to subtly mimic stronger players (the DGB / Ellibereth hydra being the best example) also doing it.

I’ll have to review but I don’t recall you ever doing that on a consistent basis Day 1 in games before. It dinged my scumdar since some strong players (Benmage / Regfan) who are using lists here.

I'm going to cut you right here re: Salamence and copying behaviors/sheeping. I like your reasoning, but he actually does this kind of thing as town.

@Tyene
- Whenever you get back please link me to said games of Salamance copying behaviors as Town you used to head of my line of discussion here.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2182 (isolation #121) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:38 am

In post 2181, Shinori wrote:
GODHAND: Plum's Yo Mamma

##Vote: Staeg

GOD DAMN IT SHIN UNVOTE STAEG RIGHT THIS FUCKING INSTANT.

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU PEOPLE INSIST ON MAKING EASY TO 'TEEHEE DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS A HAMMER ON STAEG' FUCK OVER THE GODHAND?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2183 (isolation #122) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:39 am

In post 2179, Tyene Sand wrote:I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Are you saying you can't justify your heading off of my suspicion of that slot with links to completed games showing that sort of behavior as Town?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2186 (isolation #123) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:45 am

That should be 9 total Godhands on Plum.

Two more people need to hammer that home so that we don't get the VI squad pre-empting this totally freely provided Pro-Town mechanic.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2190 (isolation #124) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:02 am

By my count that is 11 to Godhand Plum –

Plums Yo Mamma (11): Benmage, MagnaofIllusion, Staeg, Dol Edd, Magua, kortul, BBMolla, Shinori, Lyanna, Plum, Tyene

That should be enough.

ATTENTION – Let’s all not be fucking stupid and just let Eddard actually confirm this before we power-lynch Staeg, ok?

Also it would be great to get some comments from Scumhunter since he’s decided to actually play the game.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2191 (isolation #125) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:03 am

In post 2189, Tyene Sand wrote:(Voting me is a scumtell, obv.)

No, it really isn't. Unfortunately being pointlessly snarky isn't a scum-tell either.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2192 (isolation #126) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:07 am

In post 2188, Tyene Sand wrote:That level of suspicion was invalid; I stand by that.

Well in absence of actual evidence to the contrary I'll just chock this up to "Tierce thinks that MoI can't scum-hunt and thus stands by her dismissal of a perfectly valid tell" which is alignment Neutral.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2205 (isolation #127) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:34 pm

VOTE: Staeg

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4375 (isolation #128) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:08 pm

Well it wouldn't be a Faraday ASOFAI game without a scum win - disappointed I wasn't able to continue my winning streak!

Congrats to Stannis for making it a fourth straight Large Theme scum win by yet another faction.

Thanks for the game Faraday!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”