Mini 368: Town Of Suspicion - Game over!

Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:07 pm

Post by Thok »

vote LML
. Clearly scum. :P
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #37 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by Thok »

Unless lordy made a serious mistake in his phrasing of the townie PM, LML's argument with PJ (especially the reference to the invitational, if I understand it correctly) is either him dramatically trying to outguess the mod or borderline fishing. I'm not sure I'd willing using to use the argument between them as a basis for a lynch of either of them, but I will keep the implications of this argument in mind.

I'm not exactly how much PJ wants me to contribute to the discussion at the moment (which seems to be his claimed reason for continuing to vote me); the only issues for the moment are a bunch of frivolous votes on me, an MM self vote, and a debate about the townie PM between LML and PJ.

I wil say that CES and Rosso are basically doing their current schtick, which makes both of them poor imitations of Fritzler. (Neither should be mentioned in the same sentence as BJ or IS). In the absence of any scum tells by anybody else in the game I'd vote them, but for now their behavior is essentially a null tell.

MM is doing a Lloyd imitation. I have no idea why.

So, it's time for something different.
unvote LML, vote Pooky
and let's see what happens.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:52 pm

Post by Thok »

Well duh about Rosso's comment.

I still find PJ's comment about his vote on me interesting. The fact that he was willing to leave it on me doesn't bother me (if he had just said I wasn't at risk and he didn't feel like moving his vote, it wouldn't bother me).

What does bother me is that he felt like he had to justify keeping his vote on me (with a reason he now disavows about me not participating in the thread), and that PJ accused mith of asking PJ to unvote me, when mith didn't do that. (He asked for an explanation of the votes on me, but never requested that I was unvoted.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:53 pm

Post by Thok »

OMGUS much? (There's no vote, but the attempt to pair me and mith on relatively sketchy evidence is certainly OMGUSy).

I feel like you are making mountains out of the molehill that is mith's first post on the topic (if you notice, he also included a generic appeal asking about the Thok votes, in addition to a specific appeal to you.) None of the other Thok voters felt the need to make the long complicated argument about their votes that you did (compare CES or Rosso's [not a voter, but essentially in the same position] responses to yours).

I also appreciate the snipping/editting of posts to make yourself look better.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:39 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:Are you trying to bait me? I never edited any posts, and I only quoted sections which were relevant to the point (i.e. those concerning leaving my random vote on you). You were expecting a response/defense, and I delivered. I do make a habit of quoting extraneous information, because it makes longer than necessary.
You left off the second paragraph of my post attacking you, which explained exactly what part of your defense of my vote I found strange. That was certainly not "extraneous information"; rather it clarifies my major concern, which was the that you tried to justify your vote as something more than the random vote it had appeared to be (with the "He hasn't contributed to the conversation" comment, which really looks like you were trying to accuse me of lurking on page 2 of a mafia game), and then removed that justification almost immediately.

As for the OMGUS thing, either you thought mith was trying to attack you, in which case your counterattack was OMGUS, or you are lying about your interpretation of mith's post.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:19 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:Or perhaps you meant
this
second paragraph?
Thok wrote:I still find PJ's comment about his vote on me interesting. The fact that he was willing to leave it on me doesn't bother me (if he had just said I wasn't at risk and he didn't feel like moving his vote, it wouldn't bother me).
... which does not need a response.
Yes, that second paragraph, which explains that I'm not attacking you merely for defending your vote (and that I found one of your defenses of your vote quite reasonable). As my next paragraph then says, I'm attacking you for defending your vote on me by the specific comment that I hadn't contributed anything to the thread since you had voted me (in addition to the "Thok's not in danger, so why unvote" reason, which as the second paragraph, I can accept).

By snipping it away, it very much makes it look like I'm attacking you for the "Thok's not in danger, so why unvote" reason, which I am most certainly not.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #79 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:06 pm

Post by Thok »

My point is that I think one could shorthand PJ's comments about not unvoting me as

"There isn't any reason to unvote Thok, as he isn't in any danger. (And perhaps Thok should be in danger, since he hasn't proven he's not scum and there are some possible scum connections)."

The question is how much of the parenthetical comment can be read into PJ's original post (that is, how much does PJ try to suggest that I could be scum in that post and specifically how much does PJ try to suggest that I'm scum with mith), and how scummy one should interpret that part of PJ's post.

I will admit that I am trying to bait you a bit for reactions/clarification; but it bothers me that you took like three posts to actually get my point (which I thought was clear; maybe others will disagree).
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #91 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:01 pm

Post by Thok »

Rosso's basically doing the whole null tell thing; if nobody else is suspicious, then he might be worth looking at as scum, but I think there a lot of other things to discuss first. I'd like to hear more opinions from him, but then I'd like to hear more opinions from lots of people.

MM, Lloyd self-votes himself a lot early game, enough so that people have suggested
vote Lloyd
as a title for him. It can be a helpful technique if done correctly (in one newbie game I was in with Lloyd, he was town, selfvoted early day 1 and one could deduce scum from their reactions to the selfvote; scum attacked him for his selfvote, while town just sort of sat there and said "Huh?"; of course we didn't actually lynch the scum until days 2 and 3). However, the technique is a bit played out at the moment IMO.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #96 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:09 am

Post by Thok »

mith wrote:
EOC: Thok
, who thinks there's a lot left to discuss, but doesn't discuss much else other than the deadhorse Lloyd thing.
Fair enough. (EOC=Eyebrow of Contrivance?) My comment was partially meant to include that I'd like to hear opinions from Seol/Tyfo (or alternatively see replacements for the above). I'd like to see opinions from CES also, but I'm not convinced that he's going to give any. In contrast, Rosso has at least said something.

@CES-do you expect your current vote on me to accomplish anything? It's clear that the initial bandwagon on me, while it might not be dead, has currently stalled and I'd expect you to shift gears to a different wagon to keep the game moving.

@LML-you still here?
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #103 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:37 am

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:Thok-you seemed to be making an issue out of what I consider a non-issue; PJ didn’t seem like he was fishing at all to me.
Fos
for pushing a bad point further.
Huh? I've never accused PJ of fishing. I've accused him of other things, but not fishing. (The only reference I've made to fishing is that LML was borderline fishing.) I've accused PJ of subtly attacking me while trying to justify not moving his random vote. I don't know how you get fishing out of that.

By a null tell, I mean that something a specific player would do independent of his role alignment (i.e. something that's neither a townie or scum tell for that player).
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #117 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:23 am

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:Ameliaslay- I consider the main issues of the day to be things like the PJ + LML debate, the issue of whether or not self-voting is scummy, and
the fact that people are going after Thok
I'd like you to clarify what you mean by the bolded comment, given that most of the "pressure" on me is based on originally contentless random votes.

Also, shouldn't the main issue of the day to be to figure out who is scum? And even if those are the main subissues, you could try to bring up new topics for discussion.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #127 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:55 am

Post by Thok »

Apologies for not posting much in the last week.
unvote (if voting) vote CES
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #136 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:33 am

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:Thoth- Any reasoning behind that vote?
1. It's spelled Thok. It's easy to tell us apart; my avatar is a Spiderman villain, his is an Egyptian God.

2. Yes, there's reasoning behind my vote.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #138 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:43 pm

Post by Thok »

lordy
, will the deadline be adjusted in Tyfo/LML need to be replaced, so that their replacements can actually get a chance to read the thread before voting?
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #144 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:28 am

Post by Thok »

Mod-I am currently voting for CES, not Pooky
M4yhem wrote:2. *Sigh* I know you know what I meant, but I'll play along anyway: "And what is the reason for your vote, Thok? Would you mind telling me?"
My reasons are the obvious ones (he hasn't posted much, he hasn't jumped from my bandwagon onto more active bandwagons, which his normal day 1 MO). It's also got a touch of bandwagoning in it; I'd like to see something start hapening today.

I also wanted to see how CES reacted to my vote (and see if he'd make any comment on it, or call it OMGUS, for example). But, you know if I have to explain all of these reasons, then I lose some of the effect of just making a vote and seeing CES's reactions. Not everything has to be a sledge hammer of "Why, why ,why???" You can slow play things and learn some info from seeing reactions.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #180 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:49 pm

Post by Thok »

OK, I've sat down and read the thread, and hopefully I've caught up to what's going one.

Mod
any progress on LML/Tyfo replacements? It's ridiculous that we have a deadline when 1/6 of the players are in a permanent nonposting mood.

I agree that Mayh4m's jump on CES in response to my comments about my CES vote is weird, especially given that Mayh4m was suspicious of me early on. On the flip side, I do find Mayh4m's point about CES's comment coming out of the blue, and I'm not happy that CES is seemingly not following the thread at all (although he does seem to have been busy for a while and didn't post on scum for a while).

@PJ-I've decided I overstated/overpursued my case against you. A week makes a world of difference.

@Rosso-what do you expect you "I'd hammah" routine to actually do gamewise? (I'll grant that it may have some impact on whatever sort of reputation you seem to be looking for.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #182 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:24 pm

Post by Thok »

@PJ-Tyfo has barely made any posts and clearly needs to be replaced. Rosso at least has made some posts, and I can tell what some of his opinions are (he believes mith and pooky are protown, for example). As for Rosso versus CES, Rosso has been, IMHO, more consistent and a touch more forthcoming with the opinions he does put out than CES. It's not much, but it is something.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #193 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:34 am

Post by Thok »

@crashtextdummie
lordy wrote:Deadline is suspended as for now, as there are no replacements willing to take up this game yet. Help me find some replacements, and stay active, lest I impose another deadline.
@Rosso-I'm actually not trying to be insulting; rather I'm trying to get some idea for the motivation behind your recent play style. I apologize for misreading the purpose behind your playing and I somewhat sympathize with your busy schedule.

That said, I would appreciate it if you actually took the time to follow the thread. If you are protown, I feel like that you are missing a lot of info presence in thread. (As a side note, if you honestly feel that your time constraints prevent you from doing more in games, then I believe that you should consider cutting your game list down to 1 or 2 games. But that's your decision, not mine.)

That said, I think PJ choice of Rosso over CES strikes me as oppurtunistic, and is decent evidence for a PJ-CES pairing, IMHO. (In particular, I don't really believe the whole "a Rosso lynch gives more info than a CES" comment.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #216 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:18 pm

Post by Thok »

Not really in the mood for a full post now, (and I won't be posting again before Thursday at the earliest), but I've realized that PJ's done a lot of subtle OMGUSing-not so much vote retaliation, but he has been relatively consistent in replying to any comment of the form "PJ has done X" by going "X is a stupid thing to mention. Perhaps bringing up X means you are scum."

unvote, vote PJ
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #238 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:47 pm

Post by Thok »

Apologies, I really need to post more.

About PJ, I guess what I'm noticing is that he's been a lot less deliberate IMHO in replying to people and in making posts then he normally is as protown (I feel like a protown paragraph would have made a more complete analysis of various claimed 'mith-me' or 'CES-me' links, for example, as opposed to his 'I could see them being connected' which he only clarified when he was attacked for them.) I also don't find him as OMGUSy in other games as he's been in this one, and I feel like he's made a lot fewer arguments.

I guess it's mainly a style issue; PJ doesn't feel like a protown PJ, and I know enough about his style that I can get a feel for it. There exist games (which are unfortunately still active) where I believe both PJ and I are protown where we got to a point where the two of us were frequently simulposting with similar purpose/ideas; the stark contrast in our purposes seems off to me.

I also find it strange that he claims to "never have thought LML to be scum"; he's certainly has attacked/counterattacked LML on several occasions (once being the obvious exchange at the beginning of the game and once when he suggested LML was delibarately lurking).
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #247 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:23 am

Post by Thok »

@mith/pj-Feh,
unvote PJ, vote Rosso
. Not so much for he fact that he was scum in Pie C9 (I do honestly think he's running this strategy independent of alignment), but more for his reactions on being called out on this strategy. (Lots of stalling/accusing me and others of being insulting/disrespecting of him). (Specifically, I mention this after noting his willingness to discuss his strategy once Pie C9 is over).

(As an aside, I have always been taking his threats to hammer me seriously.)

@M4yham-I don't expect you to blindly believe my comments about PJ. On the other hand, it's easy for you to

1. Look at other games with PJ in them
2. Read PJ's own response, where he admits that my observation about his playstyle being different in this game is valid (he then argues that I am wrong in attributing differnt playstyle to PJscum).

@PJ-I'm not exactly happy with your defense, but I'm willing to look at Rosso for now.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #256 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:54 am

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:
Fos
Thok, you also posted in another game. What gives?
I honestly don't want to sit down and try to analyze what your argument with Relyte means, since I suspect there's a 1/3-1/4 chance that you're right about his alignment. I'm sort of at the point where I'd just want to wagon somebody, either hear a defense or a claim from them, assess that and go from there.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #261 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:10 am

Post by Thok »

Relyte wrote:I already told you. You only pointed out the answers you disliked. The rest are fine. Mith and kind of Thok find me scummy, k. I don't care.
That's a weird way to interpret my comment. Given that we probably have 3-4 scum in the game, all my comment said was that I felt that following M4yhem was the equivalent of randomly flipping a die and wagonning based off of that.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #263 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:59 am

Post by Thok »

Huh? I can't see how you could get that interpretation out of M4yhem's post. The only comment he made about me was that he suggested that I bandwagon you, which if anything suggests that I hadn't been looking at you closely.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #265 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:20 am

Post by Thok »

OK, I guess I could see that.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #267 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:28 pm

Post by Thok »

PJ-have you read the 5 year invitational? Actually, this is an open question to everybody but mith and Pooky (who modded and played in that game respectively-I also played in that game.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #269 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:37 pm

Post by Thok »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Hint: This comment is reminicent of Antrax's comment Day 1 of the invitational. Antrax should have been lynched then, too. You weren't as explicit, though. So I may just be reading you way too deeply.
If you've read the 5 year invitational, then you know that this quote is a ridiculously strong breadcrumb by LML that he's vanilla.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #272 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:38 pm

Post by Thok »

PJ, let me phrase the issue simply.

Before Relyte claimed, you found his comments scummy, but realize that given LML's comments, Relyte must be townie or scum.

After Relyte claimed townie, you decided that his comments were "newbie meltdown" rather than scummy.

There are two separate issues: first is Relyte town or scum, and second what role is Relyte if he is protown. For the most, part those are independent issues, when LML has already breadcrumbed being vanilla.

I find it scummy that you switched from thinking that Relyte was scummy to a "town newbie meltdown" mostly based on Relyte's claiming vanilla town. I honestly don't believe that there was new info in Relyte's additional posts that would seriously cause a change in your assessment of those options.

With respect to the Five Year Invitational, there's also a L'layne post that I believe is relevant, which IMHO gave LML's vanilla crumbs in this game more relevance than usual. I am obviously not mentioning which post at the moment for specific reasons.

@Mith-I would be surprised if you didn't recognize the LML breadcrumb that we've mentioned. Is there a reason you chose to disregard it?
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #277 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:11 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:I will note a fun fact, however. I will have been playing on Mafia Scum for eleven months tomorrow, and to this day, I have never been lynched as Town in a forum game. Basically, if I'm lynched this game, I will devote my signature to this game, saying something along the lines of "best scum/dumbest town". Just a warning in advance.
And this argument is supposed to make us believe you are protown? "I'm town, and you're idiots?" I expect better from you. God, this is starting to remind me of your arguments in Gambits II.

PJ, what do you think of mith's reaction to my question to him?
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #279 (isolation #29) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:30 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:Pfft. I mentioned explicitly that was a "fun fact" and not a "defense" of any sort, you can think what you want. This game has mostly been a waste of my time after LML abandoned it. And also, I am really missing how this game compares at all to Gambits II. Please elaborate.
Really, it's all the backtracking to justify stuff, and all of the craplogic I fell you are giving out. It's also a case to observe that I do know how you respond to being attacked as scum. (Now that I think about it, I have seen you attacked when you were town, Ms Satanic Nun.)
Just read mith's response, and I am not really concerned with his stance on the breadcrumb. I agree LML's breadcrumb was not 'strong' by any means, so I can easily imagine other players missing it (especially since mith never even played in that game). However, I am surprised he is going back to voting Relyte.
You do realize that mith was the
mod
(along with DP) of the five year invitational, and LML specifically discussed his day 1 roleclaim with him to check to see that he would avoid being modkilled.
Thok, what do you think of M4yhem's last post (275)?
Feh, I'm neutral about it. My general feeling is that M4yhem is way overaggressive in general, and his post reflects that. On the other hand, I agree with his attacks on you, and I agree with where his vote is.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #281 (isolation #30) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:32 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:Also, that's an interesting response to M4yhem's last post. Did nothing strike you about:
M4yhem wrote:I'm inclined to believe Relyte is town, because every time I've claimed as scum I've claimed a power role.
I think the sentiment is semireasonable. I don't think M4yhem is correct to blindly assume that his behaviour as scum is reflected in all players (And in Relyte is particular). On the other hand, from what I've seen, LML does prefer to make fancy claims to simple claims given the choice. (L'layne made a similar point in the Five Year Invitational; that's the post I mentioned before.)

As I've said, I don't think blindly assuming that Relyte would behave in that way is good logic by M4yhem, but I find it consistent with what I know of M4yhem's play as town.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #283 (isolation #31) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:09 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:And, of course, there is also Verbose II, which you kindly pointed out, where I was OMGUSy not only for myself, but also for my two Mason partners. I think you are pulling your theory from your ass, to be frank, and I thought the same thing about you being "suspicious" of my refusal to unvote you during the random voting stage on Page 2.

I get the feeling you are looking for a challenge.
I don't actually think you were that OMGUSery in Verbose II. (For example, you were suspcious of me early on Day 2 in that game for reaosns that had nothing to do with OMGUS, and you guys were relatively patient with Werebear.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #285 (isolation #32) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:51 pm

Post by Thok »

Uh yes I did see the same game as you did. The day that I brought up Satan in Verbose II, you nominated three people: Fritzler, me and LML. Fritzler had nothing to do with Satan. You had already expressed suspicions of me the previous day based off of the voting/nomination record, and probably would have nominated me independent of Satan. You did nominate and vote for LML partially based off of Satan, but LML also messed up badly enough that I starting bussing him, and in your nomination for LML you gave a 6 point argument to justify it, of which none of those points involved Satan (rather they pointed out places where LML had been sloppy and unobservant). So yeah there's not much OMGUS there.

On looking over the thread, you were more OMGUSy of Werebear than I thought. I'll give you that much. (Although frankly Werebear deserved it, and that's long term OMGUS, as opposed to the immediate reactions I'm seeing here.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #288 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:36 pm

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:All this talking about games I've never heard off is not very helpful. Can you concentrate on the actual game, please?
PJ, I never accused you of overreacting specifically. I just meant that you were using an arguement used by me as scum before, ie 'I always omgus' and I thought you might be covering yourself, in case you slip up later.
You do realize that part of the reason we're discussing other games is that part of my attack on PJ is that I feel he's behaving differently than his normal protown persona. Mentioning other games is a way to address these issues. This isn't an arguement between randomly programmed mafia playing robots 13 and 48, but between PJ and Thok, people with a nontrivial amount of history and general philosophy that can be analyzed and assessed.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #304 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:07 am

Post by Thok »

mith wrote:Thok, you seemed awfully concerned with what pj thought about my response. What did
you
think about it?

Right, that'll do for tonight. Probably back to daily concise posts Wednesday, rather than infrequent longish ones.
My reason for specifically asking PJ (as opposed to including others) about your response is that I was (and am) trying to gauge the possibility of a mith/pj scum pairing. Both of you have been making comments of the form "Talking a lot and appearing to be hunting scum is a protown sign" (and using that to suggest that you find each other protown), while it strikes me that you've been ignoring the fact that one should also judge the quality of said posts (how wellfounded the arguments are, for example).

As I've implied, I'm pretty sure that Relyte/LML is protown, and that a player who has seen LML's playstyle would come to a similar conclusion. So I find it suspicious that you chose to jump on Relyte as you did.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #312 (isolation #35) » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:35 am

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:Thok, could you please address the five (A-E) things I brought up against you in the post where I voted you? 'twould be appreciated.
Long post coming. (I'm about half way done with it, but I need to review about four of your games, and all of your posts in this game.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #319 (isolation #36) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:05 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:
A.)
My refusal to unvote Thok during the random voting stage. There is absolutely no problem with this, and it is not scummy. Thok, however, kept pushing the issue, as if it were larger than it truly is.

B.)
Thok then claimed I was "avoiding his questions", here:
Thok wrote:I will admit that I am trying to bait you a bit for reactions/clarification; but it bothers me that you took like three posts to actually get my point (which I thought was clear; maybe others will disagree).
When it should be pretty clear I was
trying
to answer his questions. This is not the first time I have been accused of "avoiding the question", and I sincerely urge you to read Gmk's posts against me in Most Mountainousest. Sometimes I address posts how I interpret them, and that can be different than what the author of the post intended.
I haven't had as much time as I'd like to address PJ's points, and the original message I had was lost when my Safari crashed. Since these two points are quicker to address I'll post about them now, and do the other ones later.

A.

I have never attacked you for refusing to unvote me in the early stage.

Again, I have never attacked you for refusing to unvote me in the early stage.

I have specifically said multiple times that I wasn't attacking you for refusing to unvote me in the early stage.

What I have done, and what you have repeatedly refuse to understand, is accuse you of attacking me as a justification for a vote that you knew was random. I have said that if you just said "Thok's not in danger, so I don't need to unvote", I wouldn't be bothered by you. I am specifically suspicious of the specific fact that you then went on to suggest that I am scum.

B.

I'm suspicious because
you
keep misinterpreting my comments, even though I have specifically tried to clarify them to explain why I found them suspicious.

Also, gmk was town in Most Mountainous. So this might be a pro-town tell, but it can't be a basis for an attack on me.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #320 (isolation #37) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:08 pm

Post by Thok »

EBWODP

"So this might be a protown tell
for you
"

Also, just for reference my response to C/D/E should come up on Friday at the latest.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #328 (isolation #38) » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:11 pm

Post by Thok »

Thanks Kelly. Can we get prods/replacements on all of

CrashTextDummie
Machiavellian-Mafia
Ameliaslay
Cogito Ergo Sum

(Basically everybody who hasn't posted since the crash occured).

Ameliaslay had previously requested replacement, according to lordy.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #347 (isolation #39) » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by Thok »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I thought we were lynching Relyte.
This would be much more convincing if you actually bothered to post when the Relyte wagon was happening.

M4yhem's behavior is strange too; he jumps off the Relyte wagon when me/Pooky speak out against it (going so far as to ask mith "Don't you think the Relyte wagon is dead?") and then when the game gets moving again he hops back onto him, specifically picking a fight with Relyte in order to do so.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #352 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:34 am

Post by Thok »

unvote, vote CES
I've decided I want to see him say something.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #356 (isolation #41) » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:26 am

Post by Thok »

With that sort of an attitude, I'd much rather lynch you than Relyte, CES.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #362 (isolation #42) » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:21 am

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:CES also stands out, for being fairly useless. After being called out for not changing his vote on Thok, he changed to me, and now he's acting like the Relyte bandwagon was his idea.
While I agree with the second statement, I don't think the second statement is actually true. (I don't like how CES is pushing what IMHO is a bad bandwagon after showing no interest in it before, but he's never claimed it was his idea.)

PJ-do you still want me to respond to C, D, and E of your points? If you say so, I will, but I've decided during the break that there are better people to go after than you.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #366 (isolation #43) » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:01 am

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:Thok/PJ- I think Mr. Jelly comes out of this debate looking better. Thok does seem in some ways to be 'testing the waters' in regards to PJ-lynching, but that could easily be the behaviour of a townie with a slight suspicion in his mind, who is intimidated by the sheer volume and awsomeness of PJ's defence.
I also don't think LML ever breadcrumbed anything, and I think this particular line of arguement is way overblown.
I don't particularly think PJ's defense is "awesome". I've just reconsidered some things in the week long break caused by the crash and I've decided that it's more productive to chase other leads. Trying to interpret my actions and thoughts for me is not tech.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #374 (isolation #44) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:49 pm

Post by Thok »

mith wrote:M4yhem, I did not say it was scummy. Don't put words in my mouth. I haven't decided whether I think it was scummy, that's why I want to look at it more closely.
QFT

M4yhem-Rosso isn't really an different from how he was in Kingmaker II, where he was executed as protown.

Also-tech is shorthand for "good technique" (it can also be refered to as savage tech, for example). Knowing internet lingo is savage tech.

From my reading of LML the point of his comment referencing the Invitational was that he believed this was an all vanilla game, and that he believed PJ to be fakeclaiming a nonvanilla role in an all vanilla game (which is exactly was Antrax did in that game). This reading is further supported by LML's comments to rosso accusing him of being bored with a townie role. This is where I believe his breadcrumb of townie was; had Relyte claimed anything but townie, I would have voted for him immediately.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #379 (isolation #45) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:26 am

Post by Thok »

Can we get prods on everybody who hasn't posted since Monday? That would be PJ, Pooky, MM, and CES. (Rosso and Relyte just barely miss my wrath for the second).

I might consider asking for replacements for Pooky, MM, and CES also. (Yes, I know we've had too many replacements already.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #382 (isolation #46) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:39 am

Post by Thok »

Curious. As of right now, CES would be lynched by my vote and by the votes of the two people other than CES who are the worst lurkers. But I'm the person who had to request prods.

As I said, curious.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #392 (isolation #47) » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:38 am

Post by Thok »

Waves hi.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #395 (isolation #48) » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:02 am

Post by Thok »

Waves hi again.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #413 (isolation #49) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:14 am

Post by Thok »

I'm not happy with them, but I also believe that they are posts that either a scum M4yhem or a protown M4yhem would make. If I was to support a lynch of somebody who's participating, I believe I'd vaguely prefer a mith lynch to a M4yhem lynch. Not exactly certain of that though.

I do say that I understand where M4yhem is coming from about a reread; it feels less than half the players are participating at times (me, m4yhem, PJ, mith, and relyte) and all that "participating" is really just people yelling at each other. (This is just impressions, for example al_ko has made a lot of posts, but hasn't left much of an impression on me. Others just haven't made many posts).

I do agree that M4yhem claiming "I haven't done anything scummy" is a worthless statement and also IMHO wrong (for example, given my feeling that Relyte is protown, I view M4yhem's attack on Relyte as potentially scummy).

CES has posted elsewhere but not here, which bugs me. Also Rosso needs to be prodded, IMHO. If necessary, prod Mari to tell him to post on scum.

That said,
unvote CES
-I find it interesting that nobody commented about my observtion that most of the CES votes before me were from lurkers, and that nobody's seemed concerned that lurker votes might lynch somebody.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #425 (isolation #50) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:46 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:To respond to Thok, I have had a bad feeling about the CES lynch all day, I didn't need you to go reinforcing that idea. It seems like he has been the consistent 'default' lynch.
The reason he's been the consistent "default" lynch is because Pooky and MM have been voting him the entire day.

Curiously, you've said almost nothing about MM today.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #450 (isolation #51) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:59 am

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:Now, how does everyone feel about no lynch? Since M-Mafia is dead, we already have the information a lynch would bring. I’m not sure I have the energy to scumhunt any more today, but I don’t want the game to end either.
I think going to die
now would give us all a nice rest, as well as progressing the game and giving us a little more information to go on, in the form of scumkills and so forth.
Bolding mine. Curious choice of words.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #453 (isolation #52) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:59 pm

Post by Thok »

Thok wrote:PJ-do you still want me to respond to C, D, and E of your points? If you say so, I will, but I've decided during the break that there are better people to go after than you.
I know it's been a while and a couple downtimes since I made this post, but could you answer it PJ?
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #457 (isolation #53) » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:24 am

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:PJ & Thok- how do
you
feel about no lynch?
Abstractly I'm not against no lynch in this situation if the alternative is lynching somebody I believe has a high probability of being protown. I'm not convinced that is the case here. Certainly lynching scum is better than no lynch.

Moreover, coming from you at the time it did, the suggestion is a bit disingenuous; it clearly comes off as an attempt to save your own neck (especially when combined with the wagon against CES as an alternative to your wagon).

I'm trying to decide if your explanation of the text I bolded holds up. I really dislike the use of "maybe" in your explanation.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #464 (isolation #54) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:45 am

Post by Thok »

@PJ-I've actually decided that I don't feel as strongly about those points as I did before, and I'm not convinced that having me post several walls of texts about 6 or seven past games by you that half the game hasn't read will be useful, especially since post-crash you didn't seem interested in pushing me to do something about those points until I brought the issue back up. If others feel it's worthwhile, I will write something, but I suspect that it would just distract from the game.

Is there a particular reason you feel like striking out at Pooky now, with a deadline in about four days? Moreover, you know that he's been lurking to some extent in other games as well.

@M4yhem-It's been two days since you've said you would claim. Stop stalling.

The OMGUS vote is curious too; while alko may not have given a great reason for his current vote, this isn't the first time in the game he's been suspicious of you and he gave reasons back then. In addition, the timing is strange; your immediate reaction to alko's vote/argument with you was to vote no lynch and you've only started to attack him after that fizzled out.

As for the bolded stuff, it seem to be asking me to think that it might be a particular type of Freudian slip that supports you being town. There are at least two other viable alternatives for your typo (1. Freudian slip supporting you being scum 2. You wrote something else when writing the post and didn't fully delete it). If you are only going to say that one of the scenarios may be correct, you're choosing to leave the door open for me to consider the other possibilities.

@Norinel-most of the original CES votes were for his behavior with respect to the early random bandwagon on me. MM and Pooky have gone into extreme lurkerdom and never removed those votes. I voted CES to try to get CES to say something and also for his whole out of the blue "I thought we were lynching Relyte" thing (he hadn't showed any interest in Relyte before, and I was and am arguing that Relyte is very likely protown). I removed it when I realized that all of the CES votes were unmoved lurker votes. I think M4yhem's the only other person to vote you/CES; I'll let him explain his vote.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #470 (isolation #55) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:56 am

Post by Thok »

vote M4yhem
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #471 (isolation #56) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:57 am

Post by Thok »

(And yes, I know I'm casting the lynching vote.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #482 (isolation #57) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:53 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Vote: Thok

You slimy scum.

1.) Answer my questions from yesterday that you never got to.
2.) Why did you hammer M4yhem yesterday, when:

->
a.
A strict majority is not necessary for a lynch
->
b.
M4yhem had
just
role-claimed
->
c.
You did not wait for any discussion about M4yhem's role-claim

Of further note, I would like to point out that Norinel (replacing
Cogito Ergo Sum
) was town. Of note, I would like to know what CrashTextDummie thinks of me now. I have played with CES before, and I stated, I was very sure he was being used as a distraction by scum.
1. No. Not unless you give me good reason for me to, which I don't see.
2. M4yhem partially counterclaimed my role, which is a variant roleblocker that has distinctly diifferent flavor than what he claimed. I will reveal that flavor if necessary, but I will not reveal night choices or the exact variant I have. I was quite surprised that he came up protown.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #486 (isolation #58) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:32 pm

Post by Thok »

I've explained already exactly why I think answering those questions is pointless; it won't add any new info to the thread and will clog it up with accusation between me and you about games that maybe three people in the thread have played.

Moreover, as you've mentioned it's been over a month; my thinking is significantly different from what it was when I made those accusations. I'm not sure I believe the full force of what I said then; if I've changed my mind, why should I bother to respond, especially since you've only seemed to care recently when I've brought it up.

And it's not like you can't respond to what I've already said or respond to my arguments about not responding to your questions.

A. Hey PJ, I don't care! [/yu-gi-oh unabridged]
B. Only two weeks (given that we've had significant crashes, and I can't really respond to the questions when I can't read any of the relevant threads I'd want to look at). This is a fair argument, but you've way overpressed it.
C. This is a repetition of point B, nd ignores the fact that you didn't respond to my initial comments about point A or B at all, nor did you further proceed to bring up the qestions until I asked you if you were interested in them.
D. Part of my delay was that we had quite a few crashes in the middle and that you didn't seem interested in hearing my responses when I specifically asked you about them.
E. That explains why you didn't bring it up between November 20-30. We weren't crashed between November 14-20 or Nov 30-Dec. 8. If you actually cared about those questions, you would have responded about them at some point, and certainly responded on Dec. 8 with something more then enthusiastic then your actual response.
F. M4yhem was/is an overaggressive player who really needs to sit back and learn what a scum tell is.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #487 (isolation #59) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:35 pm

Post by Thok »

al_kohaulec wrote:Thok, didn't you say yesterday that you
would
answer the rest of PJ's questions? And now you're saying you don't see any reason to?

Inconsistency FTL.
Thok in post 464 yesterday wrote wrote:@PJ-I've actually decided that I don't feel as strongly about those points as I did before, and I'm not convinced that having me post several walls of texts about 6 or seven past games by you that half the game hasn't read will be useful, especially since post-crash you didn't seem interested in pushing me to do something about those points until I brought the issue back up. If others feel it's worthwhile, I will write something, but I suspect that it would just distract from the game.
If you want to discuss my inconsistancy between how I felt in October and how I felt at the end of November, feel free to attack me for it; I'd like to think I'm allowed to reassess my position when a
month
has passed.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #490 (isolation #60) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by Thok »

Did you miss the part where I said that my weird role specifically didn't match up with his weird role?

I am either an odd night or and even night roleblocker (it is clearly correct for me to hold back which one for confirmation reasons). My specific rolename is "alternate roleblocker". Tell me why I'd expect a "mystical roleblocker", who according to M4yhem has different mechanics from mine, to be in the game.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #493 (isolation #61) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:20 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:@ TSQ: That was incredibly lazy. Unless you were suspicious of Pooky yesterday, your vote has no basis.
Why are you directing TSQ's vote? What do you think of his reaction to your comment?
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #509 (isolation #62) » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:41 am

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:I don't believe Thok. Maybe he
is
a roleblocker, but he isn't a protown roleblocker. There is no protown reason for him to have hammered me like he did; it was 24hrs from deadline, so I would have died anyway. The
only
reason to vote when he did is to stop other people commenting on my roleclaim. Why would a townie risk losing a powerrole like that? Even if he had a similar role, surely he would wait to see what other people thought?
If I believed that M4yhem1 were scum, why would I want people commenting on your roleclaim? Hypothetical m4yhem1scum might have been able to talk people out of lynching himself. I have absolutely no problem lynching a claimed power role if I think he's a lying scum.

[annoyed rant]I'd be more sympathetic to your comments about killing off discussion of your role if you didn't wait until two days before the deadline to roleclaim, and didn't precede it by no lynch, followed by OMGUS, with yet another no lynch when you voted, all the while going "There's no reason to vote me! None of the issues people have brought up have any value whatsoever!"[/annoyed rant]
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #512 (isolation #63) » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:20 am

Post by Thok »

In 2 days? You're reaching.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #513 (isolation #64) » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:26 am

Post by Thok »

Rephrase by way of double post

In 2 days? Given that we already have three months worth of stuff to work with?

In addition, I'm amused by the way that you are throwing weasel words at me while trying to vote/bus your partner.

(Partially OMGUS, partially the observation that scum are more likely to groupthink on the issue on how to deal with me after I lynched M4yhem and they have more incentive to attack me then to defend me).

Would you like to answer my questions about you and TSQ?
Would you like to explain why you think me answering your last three questions will help you analyze anybody other than myself, who you are already mostly certain is scum?
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #515 (isolation #65) » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:08 am

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Thok wrote:(Partially OMGUS, partially the observation that scum are more likely to groupthink on the issue on how to deal with me after I lynched M4yhem and they have more incentive to attack me then to defend me).
Townspeople who don't know your alignment aren't just going to ignore things like that. I certainly hope you weren't expecting a bouquet of flowers and a Miss America sash.
I realize that I deserved to be yelled at/found scummy for lynching M4yhem. I don't expect praise; but I'm not going to stop hunting scum/analyzing people's behavior just because there's a good chance I'm going to get lynched.

You'll notice that I didn't make this comment until after essentially everybody in the game made some assessment of me. (I probably should have waited for LuckayLuck to say something, oh well.) And at least two people (pablito/CTD) have said they found me likely protown/that they believe the claim, with a third (mith) noting that there's at least a mediocre to decent WIFOM argument to argue that I'm not scum. So I do think it's quite possible for pro town players to look at my actions and see that there's a possibility that I'm protown (unless you believe that all three of mith, CTD, and pablito are scum, in which case either I'm protown or there's a four person scum group).
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #517 (isolation #66) » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:14 am

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:What are you going on about? Rarely, if ever, does an entire scum group hold the same opinion on the same person. Any group worth their snuff often takes alternate roads, so as to leave less of a connection between themselves. Three people saying they believe you are town does not make all of them scum if you are scum. The purpose of fake-claims are to get townspeople to believe you, last I checked.
I didn't claim that they were all scum; I was claiming that there's at least one protown person who believes I'm protown.

Shorthand, I'm trying to assess the wagon against me and see who among those players is likely scum. Given that
I already know
the initial reactions of the various members of the game, I'm tryng to assess which ones are scum and which ones are town. It's clear that given my actions I appear to be an easy lynch today; I'm trying to use that information to my benefit.

As for your point about the setup, this is a mini regular game. It's not supposed to have a theme. One can easily imagine a setup that
only
has the pair of odd/even night roleblockers.

Why do you care if TSQ's vote is lazy? Scummy/not scummy I could see, but lazy?
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #520 (isolation #67) » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:46 am

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:2. Didn’t you say at some point that you thought LML thought this was a vanilla only game? You acted at the time like you believed that also, but if you really had a power role, you would have known he was wrong.

PJ- TSQ was surely joking. That’s what I assumed, which is why I ignored him.
I have never thought this was a vanilla only game. I dare you to find a post where I said that I believed this was a vanilla only game. I said LML believed this to be the case, which is an entirely different story.

Your attempt to cover for TSQ is noted.

Since the rest of your argument is simply repeating what PJ/you have already said, I see no benefit in repeating my response to it.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #536 (isolation #68) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:50 pm

Post by Thok »

Not posting in this game for a couple of days has been good for decreasing the level of stress in my life/the anger I feel at M4yhem. I need to make a vote count in No Pressure, after that I promise to get a post by 8:00 Pacific Time with some thoughts on PJ, a response to M4yhem, and some general thoughts on who's likely to be scum. I apologize for any delay, as there's no excuse for me not posting.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #537 (isolation #69) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:07 pm

Post by Thok »

So some general thoughts

@PJ-I still don't feel the need to answer your exact questions, but I will give my general metafeel for what I think of your general play/your play in this game. Much of the way that I've tried to assess you is by seeing the results of what you've done day 1. Your major actions (and I may be missing some, I consider this nowhere complete) include pressing me (both early and late), choosing to press Rosso over CES in the lurkers (while CES is town, I belive that Rosso is also town, and I feel you have somewhat of a blind spot towards him), and trying to pursue Relyte in the Relyte-M4yhem discussion (when I believe the correct decision was to ignore that argument).

I also have disliked how you've chosen to not really defended people you've found protown, but instead attacked their attackers and tried to push a rival bandwagon.

That said, I will say that I've probably assumed an impossible expectation for you; namely that I thought you could deduce the exact scum group of a mini on day 1 of a mini. I actually haven't seen many games by you where you were a protown players and weren't a replacement; I took a few minutes to look at Band/Leper, and I agree that you've made some of the mistakes you've made there here also. I'm willing to give you leeway for the moment.

@Everybody who wishes me to answer PJ's questions more precisely; give me a reason to that isn't covered by the above paragraph.

@ M4yhem-I cannot tell if you are angry, scum, or angry scum. Please consider calming down.
M4yhem wrote:
Thok wrote: Your attempt to cover for TSQ is noted.
You’ve got to be freakin’ kidding me, Thok. This is what TSQ wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:Vote: Mayhem. Why won't you die, foo?
In what bizarro world is that
not
a joke?
Your attempt to distract people from yourself at any cost is noted.
He did vote you. I consider any vote to be at least somewhat serious.
Thok wrote: I have never thought this was a vanilla only game. I dare you to find a post where I said that I believed this was a vanilla only game. I said LML believed this to be the case, which is an entirely different story.
You gave the impression, to me, that you believed him. Why else would you even mention that that’s what you thought he thought?
If you missed the other part of my argument,
I don't believe scum LML would force himself into a vanilla claim on day 1 of a mini!
I don't think this is an all vanilla game, rather I thought that LML believed that (and as a consequence is vanilla). Had Relyte claimed anything but vanilla, I would have jumped on him immediately.
Thok wrote:Since the rest of your argument is simply repeating what PJ/you have already said, I see no benefit in repeating my response to it.
Given up already, eh? This, to me, is not the reaction of an innocent man.
This is a logical fallacy, known as No True Scotsman. At least half of your argument is assuming that pro-town Thok would play as how you believe a typical or average or sensible protown MS player would play. I am not average, and I consider any insinuations to such effect to be the gravest insult.

(That's ignoring the fact that it's not like there's no instant of a townie putting up an inadequate defense.)

I haven't "given up" but rather don't see the need to repeat the same argument for 30 consecutive posts.

About who's scum-I could support an alko or mith wagon. Alko has made too many posts without actually saying something, and mith's scumdar has been poor. Both have also tried to push me to answer questions that have little bearing on the game, without actually explaining why they want to see answers. Mith, in addition, started as ambivalent to my wagon (trying to throw WIFOM defense on me) and has moved to trying to press for my lynch.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #539 (isolation #70) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:26 am

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:
Thok wrote: @Everybody who wishes me to answer PJ's questions more precisely; give me a reason to that isn't covered by the above paragraph.
because I say so; because you’ve been stalling for so long that it seems like you are covering something up when it would be easier just to tell us and because it would make PJ happy, and isn’t that the real meaning of Christmas/deity of your choice day?
That isn't a reason; I've clearly made a conscious decision to not answer them (with reasons provided) and I'm willing to take the hit for not answering them and I don't believe the questions affect anybody else or provide any real benefit to the town; I already said that I don't care about making PJ happy, just catching scum and you haven't explained how answering the questions affects catching scum; winter holidays are a non sequitor.
Thok wrote: @ M4yhem-I cannot tell if you are angry, scum, or angry scum. Please consider calming down.
huh? I’m not
any
of those things, Thok. This is my style. We’ve been playing together now for months on end, how have you not noticed yet that this is the way I play? Anyway, I’m completely calm.
If you want, replace angry with "being your normal self". In any case I don't have a good read on you and I'm not sure if I could get a good read on you at the moment.
I think the TSQ thing should be left to die (unless TSQ himself wants to comment on it) so I’ll point out that his vote wasn’t bold, and isn’t legal.
If the TSQ things should be left to die, then why not my refusal to answer PJ's questions? Seeing your and other's reaction to the vote gives just as much info about the game as answering PJ's questions would.

That said, the fact that he chose to bold his unvote on you/pooky when he voted me clearly suggests that he specifically meant to vote you originally.
Thok wrote: If you missed the other part of my argument,
I don't believe scum LML would force himself into a vanilla claim on day 1 of a mini!
I don't think this is an all vanilla game, rather I thought that LML believed that (and as a consequence is vanilla). Had Relyte claimed anything but vanilla, I would have jumped on him immediately.
LML only actually claimed vanilla in your head, Thok. (At least that’s how it looks like to me). I understand this part of your argument, but why did you ever think LML thought the game was all vanilla? And for what purpose did you mention it to the rest of us?
LML's reference to the Five year invitational and Antrax; the five year invitational was an all vanilla game (but not open set up). One of the scum (namely Antrax) faked a cop claim day 1/2 and managed to keep himself alive for a few days when he should have been lynched day 1. That was clearly the intent of LML mentioning that. It doesn't work now, but in the original game before mass replacements we had 4 people involved in that game who should recognize that fact (me, mith, Pooky, and Seol)

Because of that argument (and the fact that I don't believe scum LML would breadcrumb his belief in an all vanilla game/throw away his possibility of making a god power role fake claim later), I believe LML was protown vanilla, and I don't like seeing protown players being lynched. Kthax.
Thok wrote: This is a logical fallacy, known as No True Scotsman. At least half of your argument is assuming that pro-town Thok would play as how you believe a typical or average or sensible protown MS player would play. I am not average, and I consider any insinuations to such effect to be the gravest insult.
Well I’m sorry for assuming you were a normal, rational person who responded in understandable ways, rather than a lunatic. My mistake, obviously.
Because the only alternatives are playing exactly as you think a townie should play and being a raving lunatic.[/sarcasm]
As for your suspects, I would vote for Al, mainly for the reasons PJ has given, i.e., that he’s been evasive and slippery for most of the game, plus I don’t like his voting, telling me to claim and then asking for the deadline to be kept. I thought that was dodgy in the extreme.
On Mith; I don’t consider pressing for your wagon suspicious; why is it that everyone who finds you suspicious seems to become a suspect, Thok? First PJ, then me because I’m attacking you, now Mith. It looks like OMGUS to me.
I'm actually less supcious of PJ at the moment, or at least I've decided to give him some room.

Here's a question for you; suppose for a moment I was protown. Then who do you think would be scum?

(Feel free to also answer the alternative question, supposing I was scum, who would my partners likely be?)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #541 (isolation #71) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:37 pm

Post by Thok »

mith wrote:
Thok wrote:Both have also tried to push me to answer questions that have little bearing on the game, without actually explaining why they want to see answers.
I'll explain why I want to see answers when you give answers. How's that?
Well, then we'll both have to be disappointed.
Mith, in addition, started as ambivalent to my wagon (trying to throw WIFOM defense on me) and has moved to trying to press for my lynch.
Huh? Where have I pressed for your lynch?
How would you like me to interpret, "unhappy with Thok's answers"?
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #550 (isolation #72) » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by Thok »

PJ, do you have reasons for being suspicious of Rosso that aren't covered by

1. You finding his schtick suspicious (The "I'll hammah" stuff)
2. Me defending him?

(That's not to say that those can't be valid reasons, but I'm not persuaded by either of them.)

Nobody's seemed to notice that LL's claimed that I have a role that I don't have (He's called me mystical roleblocker, when I've specifically claimed not to have that flavor for my roleblocker role.) Not sure what to think of that.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #552 (isolation #73) » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:18 pm

Post by Thok »

I have read your posts. It seems to me that most of your suspicions of Rosso arise from the two reasons I gave (or slight variations of them). Since I don't find those as compelling as you, I'd sort of like to see an explanation of why you do find them compelling.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #554 (isolation #74) » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:13 pm

Post by Thok »

OK, that actually is much more compelling, and is more useful when you actually compile it into one post. Thank you.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #557 (isolation #75) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:46 am

Post by Thok »

If you read the post where I claimed, I clearly said that my actual rolename was "alternate roleblocker".
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #558 (isolation #76) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:50 am

Post by Thok »

Incidentally, I'll add a post to note that alko is now at lynch -1 (4 votes, with 5 to lynch), and that I've recognized that fact. You people can interpret that as you may.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #572 (isolation #77) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:03 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Unvote: Al_Kohaulec

Considering Thok seems to be absent of all thought processes whatsoever when it comes to hammer votes in this game, I would rather not give him another chance at this time.
You did read my post 558, right?
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #593 (isolation #78) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:32 pm

Post by Thok »

Pokes my head into the thread.

Much as I hate to just say "me too", but I'm also going to chime in on alko's analysis. I find it hard to believe that he has strong opinions on LML/Relyte/Pablito and LL/Rosso but can't say anything about me. It may be that he's still analyzing my posts (as he claims), but then I find it strange that he decided to save my posts for last (since there's a lot of interaction between me and the other early people on his list, and because I was the bandwagon at the beginning of the day.)

(I also find his comments on PJ incredibly vague. "I think PJ's town, but something off with him, and I can't/won't try to explain it".)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #600 (isolation #79) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:49 pm

Post by Thok »

al_kohaulec wrote:If you're talking about that bandwagon early where PJ, CES, and I were all voting you, I didn't see that as much to point out. Thinking back (that was early in my notes, so I wasn't analyzing much at the time), that is some points in your favor because you didn't overreact too much to it or anything, but there really wasn't much to react to. As PJ was saying back then, it was early random votes, not much to make of it. The third votes was CES just acting randomly stupid. No harm done really.
I was actually talking about the bandwagon on me at the beginning of today. You know, the one where I had to defend myself for hammering M4yhem? The one that you couldn't possibly have missed if you read M4yhem and PJ's posts?
And obv I'm going to say I can't/won't try to explain it with PJ, he's my scumbuddy, c'mon. You think I'm gonna turn him in? If there's something off that I'm feeling, then that's probably because I noticed something different, but since it's only a feeling, I haven't seen anything material of physical to point out yet. Kind of a hard idea to grasp, but ya.
Given that one of the big things I did yesterday was have a big argument wih PJ about this sort of issue, (which again, you'd have seen just from reading PJ's posts) I'm not really believing your reread.

Alko, why would you think your own lynch is taking too long?

As for the Relyte claim, LML breadcrumb thing, it seems that many of those posts disappeared in the Crash V2 part 1 (in particular Relyte's vanilla claim disappeared). I believe that I was the one to bring up the breadcrumb, and that it was only done after he had claimed, but obviously make your own judgement on it (although it is supported by what posts are around).
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #603 (isolation #80) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Post by Thok »

Um, you misunderstand my question. I don't want explanations for why your lynch is taking too long, I want to know why you would think such a thing in the first place. (You don't want your lynch to be shorter, do you?)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #635 (isolation #81) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:38 am

Post by Thok »

Given that I believe that M4yhem is as much responsible for his own lynch as anybody else (prepares to be bombarded by verbal attack by M4yhem about how he wasn' scummy), I suspect that there's at most 1 scum on his lynch. Maybe 2. The fact that scum chose to nightkill somebody on the M4yhem wagon rather than somebody off the M4yhem wagon supports this.

I've been feeling like a
vote CTD
for a while, so it's time to do it.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #639 (isolation #82) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Thok »

M4yhem-the last time I made a "X got himself lynched by acting scummy" argument (or at least the last one I can remember) was this post day 1 in Jelly Mafia.

I was town then, and the only scum on the Vyolynce lynch was viper, and only because town yelled at him to vote somebody.

Scum like lynching people. But they also like letting other people do their lynching for them. I don't believe all the people on your lynch are innocent (like I said, there could be 1 or maybe 2 scum on your wagon), but you shouldn't believe that everybody off your wagon is protown either.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #646 (isolation #83) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:40 pm

Post by Thok »

Wait, what? Assuming that you did think the deadline was Wednesday, how could you not have any sense of urgency with respect to being deadline lynched? I mean, you weren't even at the level of making a "Looks like this is my last post, go town" sort of comment.

Massive FOS Alko
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #648 (isolation #84) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:13 pm

Post by Thok »

The point is that
nobody
should have that reaction to being close to a deadline lynch. Which means that anybody claiming to have that reaction is trying to fake having that specific reaction.

Protown players don't need to fake their reactions.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #650 (isolation #85) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:18 pm

Post by Thok »

Give me a good reason why he should be having that reaction at all?

If he's scum, he might think (incorrectly) that a townie in his position would have that reaction. Scum do make mistakes, you know.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #652 (isolation #86) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:57 pm

Post by Thok »

If he was bored, he'd make comments about his upcoming demise that reflect him being bored.

He had no reaction to what he claims he thought was the deadline. No sense of urgency, no sense of relief at things being over, nothing. Can you imagine anybody who knew a deadline was coming, was likely to be the lynch at the deadline, and had no reaction?
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #654 (isolation #87) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Thok »

Whatever. I've explained my reasoing; if you don't want to believe it/seem fit to attack it, whatever.

It's at least worth making alko explain why he didn't feel like mentioning his upcoming deadline lynch.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #663 (isolation #88) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:49 am

Post by Thok »

OK, I'll bite. Why are you voting pablito?
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #671 (isolation #89) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Thok »

Is confused by pablito's play.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #678 (isolation #90) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by Thok »

pablito wrote:However, Thok's reaction is curious. I'm more worried about Thok now based on that short reaction. The non-comment is opening up opportunity for the future without saying much. I don't like it. I know, it's based on a very short statement, but, hrm, it's not keeping me at ease.
I meant what I said from my comment; I wasn't sure whether you were being sarcastic or not. I've told you my feelings about your playstyle before in other games.

@ CTD, part of it is my meta on you, part of it is your voting in agreement with alko, part of it is my meta on mith, and part of it is that I feel that somebody on the scum team didn't push the M4yhem lynch and some on the scum team would defend me (you cover both of those positions).
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #686 (isolation #91) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:18 am

Post by Thok »

I am here. Nobody seems to have any interest at all in my worries about CTD. Alko seems completely and totally indifferent to his fate. Nobody seems to be willing to either hammer alko or explain why somebody else is a better target.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #690 (isolation #92) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:20 am

Post by Thok »

M4yhem, would you like to describe how the play of M4yhem1 and M4yhem2 compares to your play in Bastard Mod? (I'm asking since you've mentioned that you play differently as scum and town, and Bastard Mod is the only game where I've seen you as scum.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #693 (isolation #93) » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:Thok, isn't that your job rather than mine?
I had basically come to the same conclusions about M4yhem1. I wanted to hear you discuss M4yhem2 and have you quantify what you think you differently when town and scum.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #694 (isolation #94) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:24 am

Post by Thok »

Mod
Please prod LuckayLuck and CTD. Neither has posted in a week.

Done.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #696 (isolation #95) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Thok »

No, it's perfectly reasonable for me to ask you questions and try to get reactions from you. If you don't like the question, you can choose not to answer it.

I'm not making you do my analysis; I'm trying to see how you would react to the question, which gives me and others more information.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #703 (isolation #96) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by Thok »

Twiddles thumbs.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #721 (isolation #97) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Thok »

I'm willing to reveal that I'm an even night roleblocker rather than an odd night roleblocker, and that I blocked somebody other than TSQ. I can reveal what person I blocked either first or last, as people wish to decide.

This is WIFOM, but do people really thing I'd have let yesterday last so long if I was scum? Conversation helps the town, and it's not like hammering alko would have made me look any scummier than hammering M4yhem1 already made me look.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #723 (isolation #98) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by Thok »

PJ, do you want me to reveal who I blocked last night before or after everybody claims?

I mention this because possibly fortune smiles upon us, and that person will mess up if I'm allowed to go at the end.

(Of course I realize that you don't trust me.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #725 (isolation #99) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:10 pm

Post by Thok »

Would it make you feel better if I promised to make a breadcrumb about my target before we mass claim? (I realize that's not perfect, but it forces me to make some sort of commitment that can back fire one me horribly.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #728 (isolation #100) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:56 pm

Post by Thok »

You're already calling for my head on a platter; me hammering alko wouldn't change that. (I guess it moves me from being third to first; I consider this a fairly trivial change gven that you are only one person.) If I'm hypothetically scum then after an alkotown lynch we only need one mislynch in three tries (ignoring vig/1-shot vig/unnightkillable/lynch protection issues, of course)-I'm better off protecting my hypothetical partners by ending the day quickly and not giving you anything to work with today. Heck, in that scenario, I'd hypothetically hammer myself today.

Basically I'm just making the observation that hypothetical me scum was already half way under the bus yesterday; hypothetical me scum would likely finish the job.

(And no, I do not plan to hammer myself today.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #729 (isolation #101) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:03 pm

Post by Thok »

As a side note, is there anybody out there who people would describe as being wishy-washy about the M4yhem or alko lynches? I have a scum tell I want to try out, that's worked decently well in a few empirical examples.

(Yes, I plan to doublecheck people's reactions to the lynches myself. But, I figure I should bring up this idea first to see how people react.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #735 (isolation #102) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by Thok »

Mith, yes, I meant to put an "if lying" at the end of the relevant post. I also misspelled "on", for what it's worth [showing that I was already innattentive in reading that post].

In any case, I already set the breadcrumb in 723 (I figured it would be needed). I'll even let you know that the role of this sentence is to breadcrumb how to interpret that breadcrumb (it's a bit convoluted).

Waiting for M4yhem and LuckayLuck to say stuff.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #738 (isolation #103) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:44 pm

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:My top suspect would be Thok, for various reasons. I don't see the harm in him claiming his target now. I am also in favour of a mass-claim, since we appear to be in lynch-or-lose.
I'd like to hear your "various reasons". I suspect that you can come up with one (which is a big reason, but it's only one.)

If you can't see the benefit of having me breadcrumb, well :P

Also, I'm curious, do you have anything to say with respect to your role on the alko wagon? I think your last 10 posts yesterday were of the form "Everything else is irrelevant, lynch alko. Everything else is irrelevant, lynch alko."
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #749 (isolation #104) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:31 am

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:Luckay: stop being so blind.

1.) Nobody needed to hammer
anybody
, technically speaking. The person with the most votes is lynched in this game. The only thing hammering did in that situation was end discussion.
2.) Thok, as scum, would very well know that he would probably be able to talk himself out of a lynch on Day 2, especially if he claims something similar to M4yhem's role as justification. Try looking at Verbose 2 Mafia: Thok has no qualms being on town-lynches as scum whatsoever.
3.) Thok's reasoning
could can from town or scum
. Seriously sit down and think. What do you
think
scum would claim as a role if they got caught hammering a townsperson? They're going to need a
good
reason. Hammering and then saying "I was basically counter-claiming" is the
first
explanation anybody would think of.
4.) This assumes that Thok is telling the
truth
about his role.

Mass-claim is probably in our best interests. We should determine an order soon.
1. If ending discussion day 1 is a bad thing, then not ending discussion day 2 has to be a good thing. Especially when I could have cut off 2 weeks of discussion day 2 (as opposed to around 2 days of discussion day 1. This is entirely the point of the WIFOM argument people are complaining about. Does anybody really think this town would have been more productive the last two days of day 1 then they were the last two weeks of day 2?

2. Thok, as scum, generally doesn't try to get himself into positions where he is attacked in the first place, especially not on day 1.

3/4. Both are possibilities. Whatever.

Given that everybody believes pablito is protown, and he's already claimed vanilla, perhaps he should choose role order. Alternatively we can use dice function. I have no preference for either.

@M4yhem-the alternative was not "announcing a breadcrumb" or hiding in wait for a trap. The alternatives presented were "Thok claims his target first" or "announcing a breadcrumb". Clearly in the former case I cannot hope to trap somebody. In the latter case, my chance of trapping people is lessened, but it potentially forces all of the scum to be worried about my target and potentially limits there claims.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #755 (isolation #105) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by Thok »

Not particularly happy with LL's last post. There are likely three scum here, not two.

PJ-what do you think of M4yhem, given how the alko wagon went?
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #757 (isolation #106) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by Thok »

You don't think M4yhem was a lot more consistent on day 2? It was basically "Thok is scum/alko is scum/Thok is scum/alko is scum/alko is scum/alko is scum".

M4yhem day 1 had much more interest in lurkers. M4yhem day 1 would change his mind at a drop of a hat. M4yhem day 1 was suspicious of everybody. M4yhem day 2 didn't even mention mith or CTD except as a chance to press attacks on me/alko.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #763 (isolation #107) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by Thok »

I've said that I'm happy with either 3 or pablito choosing the order (since pablito/Relyte/LML has claimed vanilla townie already).

If you want, you can have me go first, have me go last, or just include me in the dice roll if it comes to that.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #770 (isolation #108) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:20 am

Post by Thok »

M4yhem, why do you find Luckay more suspicious than CTD (Now Channeldelibird)?
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #772 (isolation #109) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Thok »

mith wrote:
pj wrote:Since other players have expressed equal hatred of the game and TSQ made no efforts to protect them in such a manner, this leads me to believe Alky would have been TSQ’s investigation.
I don't recall anyone else being
attacked
over apathy, at least at that time. Tsq had also voted for Thok earlier in the day; this could have been an attack on Thok's reasoning more than a defense of al. Like I said before, it's possible he did have a result on al, but I simply don't see it as anything near a sure thing, and I'm surprised that you do.
For what it's worth, the fact that PJ has a decent guess on TSQ's target may be a weak scumtell for him; PJ would be more likely to deduce that fact if he was cophunting as scum last night.

(I also think he was bringing on certain of his comments [not explicitly menioned in deference to the mod] a little too strong.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #790 (isolation #110) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:51 am

Post by Thok »

@M4yhem; you claimed flavor clearly different from mine (mystical rather than alternate roleblocker) and you claimed to have some percent chance of success based on an unknown factor which you didn't know about rather than odd-even. Saying "I shouldn't have lynched you since you might have been an odd night blocker" is silly, because you had claimed "I'm am a blocker, but not an odd night blocker".
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #795 (isolation #111) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:14 am

Post by Thok »

I blocked LL last night. If you look at the second sentence of 723, the even words are
Maybe Because Fortune (or MBF), who was the second person in the Rosso/MBF/LL replacement chain. I hinted at this method in the appropriate sentence in 735 with even, and role (since my role is an even night roleblocker).

(I did say it was convoluted).

As for why I blocked LL; I played the WIFOM game and tried to block somebody who I wasn't sure was protown but who I also hadn't attacked the previous day, on the theory that if somebody like M4yhem was scum, he wouldn't submit the kill for fear of being blocked.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #801 (isolation #112) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:43 am

Post by Thok »

We should be careful not to assume there is 3 scum around. I think it's the most likely scenario, but I could see a 2 person scum group given the relative lack of power roles.

(I've also got this weird theory of 2 two person scum groups who can only kill on odd/even nights respectively, but there's no reason to support that theory until we actually lynch somebody.)

For some reason I thought the early PJ/LML fight suggested that PJ was nonvanilla.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #806 (isolation #113) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:54 am

Post by Thok »

The reasons I'd be interested in lynching to M4yhem

1. Your pushing of the alko lynch/unwillingness to try to poke at other places during the two weeks while it went down; at the very least you could have made some comment about the mith wagon.
2. Your reaction to my questions asking you to compare your play to Bastard Mod.
3. Your mischaracterization of my role claim.

(I think LL could use process of elimination here; if hypothetically LL was townie, thought there were 3 scum here, thought me and pablito were townies and felt that at most one of mith/CB were scum, then he'd be force to conclude that M4yhem and Mari are also scum. Of course, we can't use that logic, since we don't know LL's alignment. But I can see where he might be coming from.)
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #816 (isolation #114) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:11 am

Post by Thok »

Weird. Lots of bandwagons in a potential lynch or lose.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #823 (isolation #115) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:03 am

Post by Thok »

Mith-it was a "Thok doesn't want to include himself in a hypothetical argument/for some reason, more people seem convinced of Mari/PJ being protown than Thok being protown".

The hypothetical was based on LL's because I was trying to mimic LL's thought process.

As for who I think is scum; frankly, I'd just be happy lynching right today. Of M4yhem-mith, I definately prefer a M4yhem lynch.
Thok
Thok
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #901 (isolation #116) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:51 am

Post by Thok »

Mith should have been lynched immediately when he opened day 3 by suggesting that it was possible CDB wasn't scum. There was no reasonable way protown mith could support that idea.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”