Newbie 1280: Return to Ratsville (Game Over)

Maestro
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #475  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:27 am

In post 472, Kublai Khan wrote:If borkjerfkin is indeed a jailkeeper, then this is the path to victory.

I don't think he is.

MaverickMaestro
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 22, 2012
Location: Dancing Gangnam Style on the roof of EVA-02
Pronoun: He

Post Post #476  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:28 am

In post 471, Maestro wrote:@MM: Just curious, you know how to popcorn, right?

Also @KK: What does 469 mean?


"In this claim method, the players choose by consensus one of the scummier players to claim first. As each player claims, they declare the next person to claim. The effectiveness of this approach is entirely dependent on how "close" the players are to finding the scum. "
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."

Maestro
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #477  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:28 am

Cool. Now popcorn.

MaverickMaestro
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 22, 2012
Location: Dancing Gangnam Style on the roof of EVA-02
Pronoun: He

Post Post #478  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:29 am

You claim.
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."

Maestro
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #479  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:43 am

Fine. I am EXTREMELY bad at playing Town-aligned PR’s, especially the Doctor. I hate it when this happens, I had another game like this (Newbie 1255) where I completely failed at breadcrumbing (which is I why I didn’t do it here) AND failed to save a single target from lynch.

CLAIM: Town Doctor

Night Actions:
N1 – Protected KubliaKhan, based on the fact that he was a big Townread for me and I always hate it when Town-IC’s die in Newbie games.
N2 – Protected borkjerkfin. I was getting the same kind of vibes that KK was, but after the Mitillos flip I knew they were either just misread or fabricated.
N3 – I actually protected KK again N3…same reason as above and I didn’t have a better alternative. I told you I’m bad at this.

The way I see it, the following situations are likely to occur:

TODAY
1) Lynch me today, leaving whomever for LyLo. Scum will almost certainly NK KK or Maverick. If neither of them die it’s one of them – guaranteed.
2) Lynch Shahrizai today, and hopefully win. If he’s not scum me tonight I will protect who I see fit and report the next day. My logic being that –

TOMORROW
a) I die, it’s almost certainly KublaiKhan.
b) KK dies, almost certainly Maverick.
c) bork dies, lynch me right away.

I know this is pretty much WIFOM, but as KK said we’ve almost got an auto-win so there’s not much more use dancing around conversation like this.

Keeping my vote where it is. I originally only jumped on DrMuffin for his inactivity and because I was sure that his post about the Doctor was the start of a fakeclaim. If you look back, it was right after I called him out for this that he requested replacement. It could be completely inconsequential but to me it’s good enough.

Maestro
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #480  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:44 am

In post 479, Maestro wrote:failed to save a single target from lynch being night-killed

Fixed.

Maestro
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #481  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:45 am

...popcorn to borkjerkfin

Maestro
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #482  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:48 am

Either way he's due for a prod and he's posted elsewhere this morning. So now we wait.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
 
User avatar
Joined: August 05, 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL

Post Post #483  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:51 am

Hrm..

Well, game just got interesting.

I would have preferred if you'd waited for borkjerfkin to claim before you. If he was scum and claimed JK, then you could have counter-claimed for a nice "town-wins" PR showdown. If he claimed VT, then he'd essentially be a nigh-cleared townie.

Ah well.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Maestro
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #484  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:52 am

In post 483, Kublai Khan wrote:I would have preferred if you'd waited for borkjerfkin to claim before you. If he was scum and claimed JK, then you could have counter-claimed for a nice "town-wins" PR showdown. If he claimed VT, then he'd essentially be a nigh-cleared townie.

Yeah, I would've preferred it too. Hence why I hinted to MM to popcorn to him first.
Aw well.

Maestro
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #485  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:53 am

Nevermind, I guess I just thought about posting that hint.
Like I said, too late now.

MaverickMaestro
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 22, 2012
Location: Dancing Gangnam Style on the roof of EVA-02
Pronoun: He

Post Post #486  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:57 am

In post 484, Maestro wrote:
In post 483, Kublai Khan wrote:I would have preferred if you'd waited for borkjerfkin to claim before you. If he was scum and claimed JK, then you could have counter-claimed for a nice "town-wins" PR showdown. If he claimed VT, then he'd essentially be a nigh-cleared townie.

Yeah, I would've preferred it too. Hence why I hinted to MM to popcorn to him first.
Aw well.

Sorry :(
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."

Maestro
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #487  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:58 am

My fault for not actually posting what I was thinking...
Hopefully even if he just a VT we lynch Shahrizai for the win.

borkjerfkin
Xenophile
 
User avatar
Joined: April 03, 2012
Location: Madison, WI
Pronoun: He

Post Post #488  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:13 am

Phoneposting. I'm vanilla.
beefycheese

MaverickMaestro
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 22, 2012
Location: Dancing Gangnam Style on the roof of EVA-02
Pronoun: He

Post Post #489  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:17 am

In post 488, borkjerfkin wrote:Phoneposting. I'm vanilla.


Pop to?
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
 
User avatar
Joined: August 05, 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL

Post Post #490  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 am

Pretty sure I'm the last one. Vanilla as well.
Occasionally intellectually honest

MaverickMaestro
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 22, 2012
Location: Dancing Gangnam Style on the roof of EVA-02
Pronoun: He

Post Post #491  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:21 am

No point prolonging this, we go with Shah?
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
 
User avatar
Joined: August 05, 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL

Post Post #492  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:31 am

Hmm.. Maestro's ISO point to him likely being a doctor. I'm good with a Shahrizai lynch.

Since borkjerfkin is keep track by phone... @borkjerfkin: do you want to delay the lynch?
Occasionally intellectually honest

borkjerfkin
Xenophile
 
User avatar
Joined: April 03, 2012
Location: Madison, WI
Pronoun: He

Post Post #493  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:36 am

I'd prwfer ot ya. I'm drivong to buffalo till tonoght
beefycheese

MaverickMaestro
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 22, 2012
Location: Dancing Gangnam Style on the roof of EVA-02
Pronoun: He

Post Post #494  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:38 am

In post 493, borkjerfkin wrote:I'd prwfer ot ya. I'm drivong to buffalo till tonoght

Heh.
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
 
User avatar
Joined: August 05, 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL

Post Post #495  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:41 am

In post 493, borkjerfkin wrote:I'd prwfer ot ya. I'm drivong to buffalo till tonoght

Ten-four. Be safe and don't text and post.

No lynch until borkjefkin has a chance to read over and evaluate.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Maestro
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #496  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:47 am

In post 495, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 493, borkjerfkin wrote:I'd prwfer ot ya. I'm drivong to buffalo till tonoght

Ten-four. Be safe and don't text and post.

No lynch until borkjefkin has a chance to read over and evaluate.

...how did you understand what he posted? Hah

MaverickMaestro
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 22, 2012
Location: Dancing Gangnam Style on the roof of EVA-02
Pronoun: He

Post Post #497  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:49 am

In post 496, Maestro wrote:...how did you understand what he posted? Hah

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7366101/Myste ... bled-Words
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
 
User avatar
Joined: August 05, 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL

Post Post #498  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:49 am

In post 496, Maestro wrote:
In post 495, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 493, borkjerfkin wrote:I'd prwfer ot ya. I'm drivong to buffalo till tonoght

Ten-four. Be safe and don't text and post.

No lynch until borkjefkin has a chance to read over and evaluate.

...how did you understand what he posted? Hah

"I'd prefer to ya. I'm driving to Buffalo until tonight" is how I decoded it.

.... I may have texted while driving a bit myself... :shifty:
Occasionally intellectually honest

Maestro
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #499  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:56 am

Oh, I didn't realize what the "ya" was.
Thought it was another typo.

I've actually got a plan for tonight, it's kindof running off of KK's plan for if bork was a JK. I'm not sure how much I can explain in-thread without making the plan useless, but I'm changing my opinion from before: if borkjerfkin dies overnight, lynch me right away tomorrow. Ok?

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games