Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:18 am

Post by Telo »

@ Eidolon, thanks I guess :/
I'm not really 'out of the loop' as much as I'm hoping to get to a computer. Following along from my nook is good but participating is less so. It's difficult to type or format so I leave off unless I'm getting left behind or if I really need to make a point.

@Tammy, in rvs I go with my intuition. I like to make a guess at the start of every game and see if I'm right. Rather than keep moving my vote with the wind I leave it on the first person until I make my final decision. That can often take a while.
As far as my opinions on the game so far:
The piggy wagon raised a blip on my radar. In hunting I typically look for slips of the 'tounge' (fingers and mind when playing in a forum) lies, and misdirection. Jokes by their nature are funny because of those three things. But- joking is also sometimes just a part of a personality. It's a big part of mine so when I see a person who's a joker I make note to pay attention to what kind of joker they are. A social joker, a nervous joker, a person that makes jokes to misdirect.

I'd like to say more about Sucrose, Hunter and possibly more but I can't open multiple windows from my device so I either have to make a string of painstakingly pecked out posts or I can hold off till I get to a computer. Maybe today but if not some point this weekend.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:30 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

And Telo is scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:43 am

Post by Bunnylover »

So far, I'm liking the way Eidolon is thinking about Spring.
Unvote. Vote: Spring

PiggyGal is just werid, I can't get a read off of her.
Agreeing with the Sea votes
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:04 am

Post by Brandi »

PigglyGal:
What do you think bussing means?
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:05 am

Post by Brandi »

uh, not sure how that L got in there.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:12 am

Post by Telo »

In post 126, DrippingGoofball wrote:And Telo is scum.

A definitive statement like that should be backed by action or it rings hollow.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:34 am

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 116, Eidolon wrote:

I wonder why you say that my attack on spring is more of a personality than affiliation tell, yet you have your vote on huntress for essentially the same reason?

Eh, huntress and spring didn't do the same thing though. Huntress Posted in the midst of the wagoning of piggy when dgb was going after her pretty strongly. Huntress voted one of the people on the wagon for their jump on the wagon but made no comment on the wagon or piggy herself. While her point on sea storm was valid, it was also rather neutral, as she didn't have to make a judgment that would cost her anything, as her point is plain to see in the thread. However she avoided making a judgment on piggy herself which could cost her something.

Spring posted the next day, and didn't choose to take part in but at the same time ignore the piggy situation, she just ignored it all together and chose to focus on something else. I didn't say your attack on her is personality based, I said that I didn't understand why you find her suspicious. I don't think ignoring the piggy situation is suspicious and I don't think the way she's dealing with Brandi is suspicious. I think the way she's dealing with Brandi is a personality/playstle tell based on my experience with her interacting with me in a similar manner before as town. Besides, I think her bringing up another point of discussion is a good thing and don't think the point she brought up was insignifant especially considering its early day one.
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:35 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 131, Lyanna Stark wrote:

I wonder why you say that my attack on spring is more of a personality than affiliation tell, yet you have your vote on huntress for essentially the same reason?

Eh, huntress and spring didn't do the same thing though. Huntress Posted in the midst of the wagoning of piggy when dgb was going after her pretty strongly. Huntress voted one of the people on the wagon for their jump on the wagon but made no comment on the wagon or piggy herself. While her point on sea storm was valid, it was also rather neutral, as she didn't have to make a judgment that would cost her anything, as her point is plain to see in the thread. However she avoided making a judgment on piggy herself which could cost her something.

Spring posted the next day, and didn't choose to take part in but at the same time ignore the piggy situation, she just ignored it all together and chose to focus on something else. I didn't say your attack on her is personality based, I said that I didn't understand why you find her suspicious. I don't think ignoring the piggy situation is suspicious and I don't think the way she's dealing with Brandi is suspicious. I think the way she's dealing with Brandi is a personality/playstle tell based on my experience with her interacting with me in a similar manner before as town. Besides, I think her bringing up another point of discussion is a good thing and don't think the point she brought up was insignifant especially considering its early day one.

Sorry.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:37 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Prodding RachMarie

Vote Count 1 - 5

• Seastormjt
    (4) (MathGirl277 -
    Bunnylover
    - Huntress - Sucrose - Brandi)

PiggyGal15
    (2) (DrippingGoofball - Seastormjt)

Sucrose
    (2) (Amrun - camn)

camn
    (2) (CityElectric - flinter)

springlullaby
    (2) (
    Fujiko
    - Eidolon - Bunnylover)

RachMarie
    (1) (Telo)

Brandi
    (1) (springlullaby)

Eidolon
    (1) (Fujiko)

Huntress
    (1) (Tammy)

flinter
    (0) (
    Tammy
    )

Not Voting
    (2) (RachMarie -
    flinter
    - PiggyGal15)

With eighteen alive, it takes ten to lynch.
Current Deadline:
(expired on 2012-10-11 12:10:00)
Last edited by RedCoyote on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:43 am

Post by Brandi »

@Lyanna: Was it just the one game you played with her where she acted like that? Or do you know of others?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:46 am

Post by Tammy »

I probably won't be able to get a read on bunnylover, but iirc amrun can read her, so I'll just sheep that one.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:52 am

Post by camn »

Hi!
Sorry I have been so out of it... this week was redic-busy. I have been reading, though.
in regards to my DGB-chainsaw... Sucrose is right. Nobody maligns the Goof. Not while I breathe. That is a simple fact.

@goof ... don't you worry about that hinky feeling. I'm town, and you and I both know it will be as obvious as sunshine as soon as I get my wheels spinning.

That said
UNVOTE

I like sucrose now. Not quite sure who to kill right now.. but ill be back later on. I have tomorrow off!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:07 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

In post 128, Brandi wrote:PigglyGal:
What do you think bussing means?

I meant sheeping
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:08 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 134, Brandi wrote:@Lyanna: Was it just the one game you played with her where she acted like that? Or do you know of others?

I have very limited experience with her. It was just that one game, and she replaced out so it's really the majority of what I have to work with, but the approach is similar and the voice is the same. Her interaction with you reads to me as someone trying to get a read rather than trying to assign you one though.
CityElectric
CityElectric
Goon
CityElectric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:20 am

Post by CityElectric »

I’d like to hear more from CityElectric too. City, how much experience do you have? What is wrong with voting without reason in the initial stages of the game?

This is my first game out of the Newbie lobby. I have one finished game, and two ongoing games.
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with voting without reason in the initial stages of the game, but there is something wrong with Camn's vote. For me, at least.
But I tend to jump on weird little things...
It's just... I didn't really get Amrun's vote, so Camn's vote looked weird to me as well. Iy really doesn't reason all that much, nor did she participate in Amrun's questioning. If it had said, 'like Amrun's questioning', or something like that, it would have been fine to me.

PG's posts still make me want to lynch, lynch, lynch her...
But, that again, is just gut.

Bunnylover's feels odd as well. It doesn't feel like she's contributing to the game all that much. I'm not yet sure whether it's scum active-lurking, or town not caring, but it feels incredibly safe to me.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:00 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 130, Telo wrote:

:? :? :?
Fujiko
Fujiko
Goon
Fujiko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:19 am

Post by Fujiko »

In post 140, Tammy wrote:
In post 130, Telo wrote:

:? :? :?

Yeah, I didn't like that post of Telo's either.

All of DGB's reads have been in that style. It doesn't thrill me that Telo only noticed on "And Telo is scum."

If action is a vote - if you think that more than one person are scum - DGB can't have votes on all of them.

If action is an explanation - the post is consistent with her previous posting style.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:34 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 125, Telo wrote:
@Tammy, in rvs I go with my intuition. I like to make a guess at the start of every game and see if I'm right. Rather than keep moving my vote with the wind I leave it on the first person until I make my final decision. That can often take a while.
As far as my opinions on the game so far:
The piggy wagon raised a blip on my radar. In hunting I typically look for slips of the 'tounge' (fingers and mind when playing in a forum) lies, and misdirection. Jokes by their nature are funny because of those three things. But- joking is also sometimes just a part of a personality. It's a big part of mine so when I see a person who's a joker I make note to pay attention to what kind of joker they are. A social joker, a nervous joker, a person that makes jokes to misdirect.

Okay, so you are a newer player and a cautious voter, not alignment indicative.

What kind of blip on your radar did it have? What type of joker did you come to the conclusion that piggygirl was?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:40 am

Post by Tammy »

mathgirl
What do you think about Telo? Oh, and huntress?
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Post by Telo »

In post 141, Fujiko wrote:All of DGB's reads have been in that style. It doesn't thrill me that Telo only noticed on "And Telo is scum."

As I explained before. I have to be a bit selective in my posts when I'm on my nook. So it's not that that's the only thing I noticed. It's that it was the only thing I wanted to bother commenting on since commenting can sometimes be difficult. I'm on a computer now so my comments can be more complete.
In post 141, Fujiko wrote:If action is a vote - if you think that more than one person are scum - DGB can't have votes on all of them.
If action is an explanation - the post is consistent with her previous posting style.
In post 94, DrippingGoofball wrote:Camn is sketch. Well more than sketch. Maybe even scum.

Saying a player is maybe scum I wouldn't expect a vote because we have to scrutinize everyone but an out an out -this player is scum- doesn't really mean anything without reason to back it up. If not a reason then at least a -money where your mouth is- vote.
In post 142, Tammy wrote:What kind of blip on your radar did it have? What type of joker did you come to the conclusion that piggygirl was?

Unfortunately when you go to assess what type of joker another person is the mirror you hold them up against is usually your own. Since I really didn't get the duck part of the joke and I can't read the small writing (is there a way to magnify it?) I don't really know. It looks like it says psyduck but that makes no sense to me. She says it's a pokeman reference so it went over my head as I'm not familiar with pokeman I can't tell if the joke makes sense or if it's a misdirection.

It only served to confuse me and make me squint. In the next post she admits to sarcasm. Now that I get. I can't tell if the previous post was in fact sarcastic but I do know sarcasm is a defense mechanism. That's when I got my blip. After that she makes no more jokes so I can't give any more of a read than that.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by Telo »

On
Huntress
: Only one real vote but when a player gives their reason and backs it up with a vote they go up a notch in my esteem. Of course I reserve the right to amend this but I think Huntress is town who thinks she got off a good shot.
On
Tammy
: Getting lots of info out there and promoting activity. The fact that your vote is on Huntress who I'm reading as town doesn't make me think you're scum. It just means that one of us is wrong about her.
On
Camn
: That sort of introduction always makes me leery. When people claim to know more than they should it makes me suspicious. She says she will prove it once her wheels get spinning so I'm watching for that.
On
flinter
: Said almost exactly what I was thinking and placed a vote on camn. I'll be following to see if our thinking stays in tuned.
On
Brandi
still doing the extra reading assigned in post #89
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by RachMarie »

oops I did not realize this game had started my bad will reread the first 5 pages and wade in
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by Telo »

EBWOP
On Huntress I meant to say "Only one real
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:54 pm

In post 130, Telo wrote:

RL excuses scumtell.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:59 pm

Telo's #144 = still scum. Judging by the bottom of the post, Telo is on Piggy's team.

Lynna and Tammy are town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”