Dance of the Title Fairy: ORCA's Greatest Hits

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Faraday
...should I be here?

Post Post #1150  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:56 am

In post 1179, izakthegoomba wrote:Jrammar Nazi? NK-Immune Miller Vig? Welcome to the Haystack? dem.agogue? Khan Man?

And that's just from the last page.

I know where all these come from. I'd also remember where Om's comes from though so my point is kind of moot. I don't hate Om's title, not a massive fan but don't strongly object to it.

I quite liked the Oversoul title, btw. It was funny.
:]

DeathRowKitty
Frog

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1151  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:33 am

In post 1176, esuriospiritus wrote:Nominate kdowns for Goddamnit

<.<

>.>

Not sure if you're serious, but 2nd anyway. It's survived over 2 months of use, is something unique to his existence on the site, and he seems to like it.
kero kero

esuriospiritus
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: They

Post Post #1152  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:57 am

I was. Or at any rate, tipsy-me thinks sober-me was serious.

I almost accidentally a word there. :|
umm... you do know you cant kill ghosts, right? We're sorta incorporeal and all. I was just lowering my hp because I didn't want to be rude. sorry... I just made this more awkward... pretend you beat me... oooooooo

izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #1153  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:38 am

The problem with that is that it's generally (from what I've seen) quoted as "Goddamnit, kdowns". So either we break the rule about names in titles, or we chop half the quote off.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!

quadz08
President Weiner

Post Post #1154  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:38 am

Goddammit is fine. I rather like it. nth
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:03 am

(personally, I'd rather break the rule about names in titles. I never liked that rule much anyway.)
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!

gorckat
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:28 am

Was the no name rule meant to avoid other people's names?

izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:30 am

No, just the person getting the title, I believe, because it (sometimes) looks clunky.

Drench's old title (like a fat kid likes cake) is an example which directly referenced another user by (admittedly, misspelt) name.

kdowns
Goddammit

Post Post #1158  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:37 am

I actually do like it xD

izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:39 am

Ok, I don't think the name "issue" is important enough to justify cutting it down like this.

Counter-nom kdowns for: Goddamnit, kdowns

quadz08
President Weiner

Post Post #1160  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:40 am

Goddammit is way better.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1161  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:54 am

In post 1176, esuriospiritus wrote:Nominate kdowns for Goddamnit
In post 1196, quadz08 wrote:Goddammit is fine. I rather like it. nth

nth

Yes.

In post 1191, Flameaxe wrote:Actual 2 cents: The longer this argument goes on, the more forced the title feels.

This is why a more active Title Fairy would be great. I feel like titles should be more frivolous as well.

For the love of donuts, the name of the position is Title Fairy. That should be enough of a hint in itself.

Flameaxe
Comma Police

Post Post #1162  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:34 pm

It feeling super forced has nothing to do with the activity of Oman, and you're not the first to resort to that every time...Huehuehue.

It feels super forced because Om is trying to force it down our throats relentlessly. This is the problem, not the activity of the title fairy. The problem is that at this point, I don't connect Om with "that guy who went through the spam thread", I think of him as the guy that "nominated his own idea for his own title and then jammed it down my throat with every single post in the title fairy thread". One of these is a meh idea for a title, and the other shouldn't be a title.

Up to 4 cents.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~

UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1163  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Om isn't trying to force it down our throats. There are a lot of people that like it.

Mr. Flay
Metatron

Post Post #1164  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:22 pm

I think saying Om has "forced it down your throat at every opportunity" is overstating your case just a LITTLE, flameaxe.

He's neither the first not the last to participate in their own title discussion with a counteroffer.
Retired as of October 2014.

InflatablePie
Accept When He Does

Post Post #1165  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:07 pm

nth Goddammit

obviously

In post 1204, Flameaxe wrote:and then jammed it down my throat

nominate Om for "Grape or Strawberry"
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1166  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Can someone explain Goddammit as a title?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1167  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:25 pm

in Always On Mafia, Amrun thought she was yelling at someone else and instead accidentally went the fuck off on kdowns

this was followed by people making fun of the situation posting and yelling at kdowns in a similar fashion, which eventually just became people yelling GODDAMMIT KDOWNS every time he posted at all

this has continued outside of the game and into the rest of the site, pretty much anywhere kdowns posts
get to know a reckoner

FUCK CANCER. #greenshirtthursdays

Flameaxe
Comma Police

Post Post #1168  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:39 pm

In post 1207, UberNinja wrote:Om isn't trying to force it down our throats. There are a lot of people that like it.

These two statements are 100% exclusive, and I respectfully disagree with you and Flay on the matter. Being first or last in a title discussion doesn't make a difference. At least 90% of his posts (random number!) on the last few pages feel like they come from a campaigning standpoint and thats it. Overstating, sure. Complete exaggeration? Hardly.

(on an unrelated note: I don't think there is an official rule for having names in titles. See UA's title.)
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~

Nexus
miss

Post Post #1169  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:42 pm

"Goddamnit" Always seems so forced whenever I see it around the site. Might be because I'm outside of the "gang", but idk.

Om's title's actually fairly decent - he's put in a fair amount of effort, and it's as deserving of a title as someone finding that youtube videos work/getting them added or someone fakeclaiming something dumb.
The man. The myth. The legend.

Mr. Flay
Metatron

Post Post #1170  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Yeah, I doubt the "goddamnit" thing is going to be sustained. Which is not an absolute bar to a title obviously, but gives me extra pause when the shtick is being mostly propagated by people other than the proposed recipient.
Retired as of October 2014.

izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:56 pm

I'm outside of the "gang" and I like it.

Also, Premature Assassination.

Soul2277
Goon

Post Post #1172  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:07 pm

Why do people like to bring older titles into relevance when Oman said he doesn't really consider them and has admitted to letting a few bad titles in over the years?

mastin2
The Second Coming

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1173  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:13 pm

For the record, I like Om's title, and I don't feel as if it was "forced down our throats" by Om.
He was being nom'd.
He thought of a better title, and suggested it.
People liked the new suggestion better.

He didn't start the discussion, nor did he force it. He merely suggested a better alternative to the discussion already going on.

If you made a title nom for anyone else following that same process, there'd be no problem. Someone being nom'd. Om thinks of something better, and suggests it. People like the new suggestion better. No problem.

So why is this a problem? He didn't start the discussion; he simply contributed his voice to it, and seeing as how it was HIS TITLE being discussed, shouldn't he be ALLOWED to contribute his own voice?
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #1174  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Mastin makes an excellent point.
- Tic Tac Dough! -
- Betrayal: Widow's Walk -
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Player Titles