fatlikepig - Bob, Inventing Spirit of Some Trades

pidgey - Toot-toot, Limited Amnesiac Oracle

Shamrock - Michael Carpenter, Praying Knight

Konowa - "Gentleman" Johnny Marcone, 'Honorable' Miller Vigilante

Albert B. Rampage - Tera West, Wolfwere Mason

jasonT1981 - Mortimer Lindquist, Ectomancer

* = Number of prods received.
+ = Number of anti-prods banked.

On the Wrong Side of the Conflict (Dead)

Spoiler: Here There Be Bodies ...
GreyICE - Bianca St. Claire, Investigation Immune Roleblocker for the Unseelie Cabal
was lynched Day 1.

StefanB - Parker, Action Attractor
had his heart explode Night 1.

Zdenek - Susan Rodriguez, Tracking Cop
was repeatedly shot Night 1.

Klick - Karrin Murphy, Investigation Immune PowerCop for the Chicagoland Mafia
was lynched Day 2

greenknight - Thomas Raith, Bulletproof Miller
was mauled Night 2.

ICENinja - Detective Ron Carmichael, Investigating Protected Bodyguard
had his neck broken Night 2.

Thor - Victor "Shadowman" Sells, Watcher for the Unseelie Cabal
was executed Night 2.

curiouskar
madog
-
FBI Age
nt Denton
2 Shot Ninja
2 Shot Strongman
Mafia
Wildcard
was lynched Day 3.

Shumugen - ‘Mac’ MacAnally, Bulletproof Townie
was lynched Day 4.

kortul - Hendricks, Jailkeeper for the Chicagoland Mafia
has been lynched Day 5.

Sold Their Soul(Mod-killed)

Spoiler: Here Lie Gruesome Details
None so far, let’s keep it that way!

Calling for Back-up (Replacements)

1. WrathChild (under 50 pages)
2. DDD (Day 3 or later)
3. You could be here!

Links to Important Events

Pre-Game
: . .
Day 1
: . . .
Day 2
Day 3
: .
Day 4
Day 5

Current Deadline

None. The game is complete.

Sample Generic Town Win-Con

You win all the threats to Town are defeated and one Town player remains alive, or when nothing can prevent that from occurring.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:01 am, edited 28 times in total.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:13 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Rules – long ago stolen from Kdub.

General Rules

A1) The mod's decisions are final.
A2) If you feel that I have made a mistake or otherwise have questions, you may send me a PM or post a bolded message in thread like this -
Mod: (message)
A3) You may not discuss this game outside of the game thread unless your role allows you to. This includes PMs, emails, QTs, AIM and other instant messaging services, or any other form of communication be it written, verbal, telepathic, or any other possibilities. This includes 'Rant buddies'. Want to rant? Pm me ... I enjoy reading them.
A4) You may not discuss other games still in progress in this game thread, even if you are dead in that game.
A5) If you are dead, you may not post in the game thread or communicate with living players about the game. This
includes
Bah posts.
A6) You may not quote or pretend to quote private communications with the mod or other players. You may paraphrase but if in my judgment it is too close to a quote you may be subject to punishment. You may not make reference to timing of any communication provided by the Mod to you in thread or any other means of communication.
A7) You may not post in invisible, small, or encrypted text. A good rule of thumb on stenography – if the average person could not see the intended message when told how it was created or if the stenography requires outside of thread resources (language translation, etc) it isn’t acceptable.
A8) You may not edit any posts even if you have the power to do so.
A9) Please do not post in
purple
text. This is my mod color. The only exception is use of purple in a VC analysis to distinguish players whose alignment has already been publicly provided.
A10) Breaking any rules may result in penalties, up to and including modkill. If you are modkilled, you may or may not lose the game, even if your faction eventually wins based on the Mod's discretion. I will decide whether or not modkills end the day.
A11) Do not post from any account other than the one active in the game. Infractions will result in penalties even if no advantage for your faction appears to be gained.
A12) I reserve the right to add or modify rules or make exceptions to any existing rules if I feel there is a situation that requires the mod to intervene.

Voting

B1) Votes must be bolded like this:
Vote: Playername
. Use of the Vote Tags is encouraged.
B2)
Unvotes
are appreciated but not required. For an unvote to count it must be in bold. Again, use of the Vote Tags is encouraged.
B3) A lynch will occur when one player has the majority of the available votes for the day. A majority is defined as half the total living players in the game, rounded down, plus 1 additional vote.
B4) If at deadline no player has achieved a majority of votes a no-lynch will occur.
B5) Once a player has the majority of votes needed for a lynch, the lynch is final and further Votes and Unvotes will not be recognized.
B6) You may
Vote: No-lynch
. A no-lynch will occur when the at least half of the votes available in a given day are cast for “no-lynch”.
B7) I will interpret the intent of anything that appears to be a vote at my own personal discretion. If it looks to me as a valid attempt to vote with some technical deficiency (a misspelled or shortened name, a misspelling of vote, etc.) then I will treat it as a valid vote. Votes cast by alternate accounts will be considered valid.

Deadlines and Activity

C1) The first Day will have an initial deadline of 2.5 weeks (18 days). After that point each Day will last 2 weeks (14 days) when more than 7 players are alive. Each Day will last 1.5 weeks (11 days) when less than 8 players are alive.
C2) Days will not officially end until the Mod locks the thread, regardless of whether a player has accumulated enough votes to be lynched or the deadline has passed. Players may continue to post until then.
C3) Night phases will last for 48-72 hours from the time the thread is locked at the end of Day. Night actions must be submitted within 48 hours to be guaranteed to be accepted. The next Day will start at the earliest possible time after the 48-72 hour period has expired.
C4) If a Night action is not submitted, no action will be taken.
C5) If a replacement is needed during a Night phase, I will extend the Night deadline when a replacement is found regardless of whether the player being replaced has a night action or not. This may be waived if the replacement feels that they have sufficient time to do a full-catchup and take any necessary Night actions.
C6) I will try to prod players when they have not posted for 48 hours. Players may also request prods on other players that may be granted if the Mod feels they are reasonable. All prods will be announced in thread.
C7) If a player does not respond to a prod within 24 hours, or if they need to be prodded too often, they will be replaced. This will be up to the discretion of the mod. Player requested prods will not count towards this rule. A good rule of thumb on activity … if you have more prods than Days the game has gone on (after Day 1) or need to be prodded more than twice in a Day you are likely to be replaced.
C8) The Mod also grants anti-prods to players who do not need to be prodded during one complete Day who are not V/LA more than 40% of the possible Days.
C9) If you will be unable to post for over 48 hours, inform the Mod through PM or in the game thread. All V/LA notifications will be made public by the Mod unless the player has already done so.
C10) I will try to post vote counts at least once every 24 to 48 hours. Players may request a new vote count at any time and one will be provided at the earliest opportunity by the Mod. Note that I will not post multiple vote counts on the same thread page unless there is a significant game reason to do so.

Sportsmanship

D1) Remember, mafia is a team game. Always play to win.
D2) Don’t be a jerk. This includes spamming the thread unnecessarily and attacking other players personally. Behavior that personally offends my sensibilities will result in warnings or punishment that does not benefit your affiliation’s interest based on the severity of the transgression. Consider this your fair warning. Note – This rule
WILL
be enforced.
D3) Treat this game as a commitment and try to stay active out of fairness to the other players.
D4) You may NOT claim to be scum partners with another player. Feel free to claim being scum independent of your partners if you wish. Violating this rule even in jest will likely result in Modkill.

Other Notes about this Setup and Game

E1) This game is a
Bastard
game. You all were required to agree that you acknowledge this when signing up for the game or replacing in.
E2) All Night actions will be resolved using a Modified Version of Natural Action Resolution. Remember the golden rule involving NAR … the timing list only comes into play when a direct conflict occurs. In the eventuality that a conflict arises that Natural Action Resolution cannot resolve the Mod reserves the right to make a decision based on his personal goals that went into the game design.
E3) If there is a conflict between the rules and what is written in a player's role PM, the role PM language takes precedence.
E4) Players with multiple choices for active night actions may only perform one active action per night unless otherwise stated in the role PM. Factional abilities are not considered Active for this purpose.
E5) Non-investigative type roles with an Active ability will not be told if their action was successful or not. Investigative roles will be told something along the lines of "No Result" if their action was unsuccessful.
E6) Protective abilities block the first normal applicable kill attempt unless explicitly stated otherwise.
E7) Expect the unexpected. Do not assume that standard expectations are applicable to the game.
E8) All QTs will be made public at game’s completion. Don’t say anything in there that you would not want being aired in public.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:14 am

Prelude

Who does Harry Dresden think he is? I know he’s some blah blah powerful Wizard and member of the White Council but that doesn’t mean he gets to just ignore me whenever I want to learn something a little bit advanced or have something I think is important. I may be a small talent in his eyes but I'm useful.

This courtyard is awfully dark and deserted … you would think for a business district more of these stores would be open even at this hour. Even with the economy in the toilet things aren’t this bad.

I hope my contact gets here soon. The fall wind is a bit chilly even with my coat. They are already 15 minutes late. I wonder if I’m getting stood up?

Huh? What was that sound? I thought I heard the sound of a door opening but I can’t see anything. Maybe I should move closer to the lightpole over there. No, I’m just being foolish. I’m not a child like Harry treats me. I’m a grown woman and more than capable of taking care of myself.

There it is again. It’s coming from over by that coffee shop. I should go take a closer look. Hmmm … no-one here at all. Why am I getting goose-bumps?

Suddenly excruciating pain surges through my body. I feel myself falling to the ground. I feel a warm trickle of blood flow against my cheek. My visions blurs. In a detached way I realize I am dying. A figure steps into my line of sight but I can’t see clearly who it is.

My last thoughts flow through my mind as my vision goes black – Harry was right … I never stood a chance!

Trumpet of Doom – Kim Delany, Pre-Game Plot Device
was killed because MagnaofIllusion is a capricious and cruel GM.

Welcome to
The Dresden Files Books 1 to 3 Mafia
, Trumpet of Doom!

You are
Kim Delaney, Pre-Game Plot Device
!

Harry Dresden … who does he think he is? First he refuses to teach you really cool stuff like Greater Circles. Now he’s instructed you that you are relegated to the sidelines for this game. Damn White Council know-it-all ….

Abilities
-

Study of the Arcane
(Passive) – You may vote to lynch each Day.

Wincon

You win all the threats to Town are defeated and one Town player remains alive, or when nothing can prevent that from occurring.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:14 am

Role PMs are going out now!

All Role PMs have been sent. The game now enters Confirmation. The game will officially start when 15/18 players have confirmed by PM.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:11 am

15 of 18 slots have confirmed.

Day 1 begins now!

Vote Count 1.0 - As of post 4

Not Voting (18) - Shmugen, GreyICE, Sixty, kortul, ICENinja, sword_of_omens, Kimor, fatlikepig, pidgey, Shamrock, Klick, Konowa, Zdenek, greenknight, curiouskarmadog, Albert B. Rampage, jasonT1981, StefanB

The Current deadline is Wednesday, Novemeber 7 at 10:00 am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-11-07 10:00:00).

With 18 active votes - 10 are required to lynch.

Activity Check - All currently good.

Mod Notes -
sword_of_omens is V/LA until 10-22.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #27 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:03 am

Vote Count 1.1 - As of post 27

Shmugen (1) - jasonT1981
GreyIce (1) - ICENinja
Sixty (1) - Shmugen
ICENinja (7) - Zdenek, Konowa, Sixty, StefanB, kortul, GreyICE, Klick
Shamrock (1) - curiouskarmadog

Not Voting (7) - sword_of_omens, Kimor, fatlikepig, pidgey, Shamrock, greenknight, Albert B. Rampage

The Current deadline is Wednesday, Novemeber 7 at 10:00 am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-11-07 10:00:00).

Mod Notes -
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #87 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:52 am

Vote Count 1.2 - As of post 87

Shmugen (1) - jasonT1981
ICENinja (8) - Zdenek, Konowa, Sixty, StefanB, kortul, GreyICE, Klick, fatlikepig
Konowa (1) - ICENinja
jasonT1981 (3) - Shmugen, Shamrock, pidgey

Not Voting (5) - sword_of_omens, Kimor, greenknight, curiouskarmadog, Albert B. Rampage

Mod Notes -
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #120 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:40 am

Vote Count 1.3 - As of post 120

Shmugen (1) - jasonT1981
ICENinja (7) - Zdenek, Konowa, Sixty, StefanB, kortul, GreyICE, Klick
Klick (1) - curiouskarmadog
Konowa (1) - ICENinja
greenknight (1) - Albert B. Rampage
jasonT1981 (4) - Shmugen, Shamrock, pidgey, greenknight

Not Voting (3) - sword_of_omens, Kimor, fatlikepig

Activity Check - sword_of_omens will be prodded at this time Tuesday if he has not posted by then.

Mod Notes -
curiouskarmadog is V/LA til 10-24.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #158 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:28 am

Vote Count 1.4 - As of post 158

Shmugen (1) - jasonT1981
ICENinja (5) - Zdenek, Konowa, Sixty, StefanB, Klick
pidgey (2) - Kimor, GreyICE
Konowa (1) - ICENinja
jasonT1981 (7) - Shmugen, Shamrock, pidgey, greenknight, kortul, sword_of_omens, fatlikepig

Mod Notes -
curiouskarmadog is V/LA til 10-24.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #176 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:05 am

Vote Count 1.5 - As of post 176

Shmugen (1) - jasonT1981
ICENinja (4) - Zdenek, Sixty, Klick, GreyICE
pidgey (1) - Kimor
Konowa (1) - ICENinja
jasonT1981 (8) - Shmugen, Shamrock, pidgey, greenknight, kortul, sword_of_omens, fatlikepig, Konowa

Not Voting (1) - StefanB

Activity Check - Albert B. Rampage has been prodded.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #202 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:00 am

Vote Count 1.6 - As of post 202

Shmugen (1) - jasonT1981
ICENinja (4) - Zdenek, Sixty, Klick, GreyICE
Kimor (1) - Konowa
pidgey (1) - Kimor
jasonT1981 (6) - Shmugen, Shamrock, pidgey, greenknight, kortul, sword_of_omens

Not Voting (3) - ICENinja, fatlikepig, StefanB

Activity Check - Shamrock and Kimor have been prodded.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #231 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:58 am

Vote Count 1.7 - As of post 231

Shmugen (1) - jasonT1981
GreyIce (2) - ICENinja, Shmugen
kortul (1) - Kimor
ICENinja (5) - Zdenek, Sixty, Klick, GreyICE, Konowa
Kimor (2) - StefanB, greenknight
jasonT1981 (4) - Shamrock, pidgey, kortul, sword_of_omens

Not Voting (1) - fatlikepig

Mod Notes -

I will be LA this weekend starting at 4:45pm today for my usual weekend family duties. Vote-counts and prods may be slower than normal for this period.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #291 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:08 am

Vote Count 1.8 - As of post 291

Shmugen (1) - jasonT1981
GreyIce (3) - ICENinja, curiouskarmadog, Sixty
kortul (1) - Kimor
ICENinja (5) - Zdenek, Klick, GreyICE, Konowa, StefanB
Kimor (1) - Albert B. Rampage
curiouskarmadog (4) - Shamrock, Shmugen, fatlikepig, greenknight
jasonT1981 (2) - pidgey, sword_of_omens

Not Voting (1) - kortul

Activity Check - N/A for this post.

Mod Notes -
Zdenek is V/LA til Tuesday Oct 30.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #301 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:21 am

Sixty, Shmugen, Shamrock, Klick and Kimor have been prodded.

Kimor and Shamrock will possibly be replaced if they are prodded again this game Day.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #349 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:24 am

Vote Count 1.9 - As of post 349

Shmugen (1) - jasonT1981
kortul (1) - Kimor
ICENinja (3) - Zdenek, Klick, GreyICE
Kimor (4) - Albert B. Rampage, kortul, Konowa, StefanB

Activity Check -
pidgey is being prodded.

Mod Notes -
fatlikepig is V/LA til Nov 1st.
Zdenek has 24 hours to post as his V/LA has ended
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #351 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:44 am

Bumping to top of page ...

Vote Count 1.9 - As of post 349

Shmugen (1) - jasonT1981
kortul (1) - Kimor
Kimor (4) - Albert B. Rampage, kortul, Konowa, StefanB

Activity Check -
pidgey is being prodded.

Mod Notes -
Zdenek has 24 hours to post as his V/LA has ended

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #378 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:14 am

Vote Count 1.10 - As of post 378

kortul (1) - Kimor
Kimor (5) - Albert B. Rampage, kortul, Konowa, StefanB, Shmugen
curiouskarmadog (3) - Shamrock, fatlikepig, greenknight
Albert B. Rampage (1) - jasonT1981

Mod Notes -
Kimor is V/LA currently for Hurricane Sandy. Godspeed Kimor!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #402 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:46 am

Vote Count 1.11 - As of post 402

kortul (1) - Kimor

Activity Check -
Klick has been prodded. He will be replaced if he is prodded again today.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #441 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:31 am

Vote Count 1.12 - As of post 441

kortul (1) - Kimor
ICENinja (2) - Klick, GreyICE
StefanB (1) - Zdenek

Mod Notes -
I will be LA as usual between today at 4:30pm EDT until Monday. Vote Counts, Prods, and other items may be delayed! Don't Panic! (oops wrong theme …)
Klick is V/LA til Tuesday November 6th.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #453 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 am

Vote Count 1.13 - As of post 453

kortul (1) - Kimor
ICENinja (2) - Klick, GreyICE
StefanB (1) - Zdenek

Mod Notes -
I will be LA as usual between today at 4:30pm EDT until Monday. Vote Counts, Prods, and other items may be delayed! Don't Panic! (oops wrong theme …)

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #489 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:06 am

Vote Count 1.14 - As of post 489

GreyIce (6) - ICENinja, curiouskarmadog, Sixty, Shamrock, Albert B. Rampage, Shmugen
kortul (1) - [Kimor]
ICENinja (1) - Klick
[Kimor] (3) - kortul, Konowa, StefanB
curiouskarmadog (3) - fatlikepig, greenknight, GreyICE
StefanB (1) - Zdenek

The Current deadline is Wednesday, November 7 at 10:00 am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-11-07 10:00:00).

Activity Check -
kortul is being prodded
Kimor is being replaced as he has reached a third prod today.

Mod Notes -
sword_of-omens is V/LA til Monday November 5th.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #494 (isolation #21) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 am

Thor665 replaces Kimor. I may grant Thor an extension if he feels he needs the time to catch-up.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #523 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:51 am

Vote Count 1.15 - As of post 523

GreyIce (8) - ICENinja, curiouskarmadog, Sixty, Shamrock, Albert B. Rampage, Shmugen, kortul, Thor665
ICENinja (1) - Klick
Thor665 (3) - Konowa, StefanB, Zdenek
curiouskarmadog (4) - fatlikepig, greenknight, GreyICE, jasonT1981

The Current deadline is Friday, Novemeber 9 at 10:00 am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-11-09 10:00:00).

Activity Check -
GreyICE has been prodded.

Mod Notes -
Deadline has been extended 2 days at Thor's request. No further extensions to Day 1 will occur.
sword_of_omen's V/LA has expired and he has 24 hours to post.
fatlikepig is V/LA until Wednesday November 7th.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #557 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:40 am

Vote Count 1.16 - As of post 557

GreyIce (9) - ICENinja, curiouskarmadog, Sixty, Shamrock, Albert B. Rampage, Shmugen, kortul, Thor665, StefanB
Thor665 (4) - Konowa, Zdenek, pidgey, Klick
curiouskarmadog (4) - fatlikepig, greenknight, GreyICE, jasonT1981
jasonT1981 (1) - sword_of_omens

The Current deadline is Friday, Novemeber 9 at 10:00 am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-11-09 10:00:00).

Mod Notes -
kortul is V/LA until Sunday, November 11th.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #615 (isolation #24) » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:40 am

Vote Count 1.17 - As of post 615

GreyIce (8) - curiouskarmadog, Sixty, Shamrock, Albert B. Rampage, Shmugen, kortul, Thor665, StefanB
Thor665 (5) - Konowa, Zdenek, Klick, greenknight, sword_of_omens
curiouskarmadog (3) - fatlikepig, GreyICE , jasonT1981

Not Voting (2) - ICENinja, pidgey

Activity Check -
Albert B. Rampage has been prodded. He will be replaced if he receives another prod today.

Mod Notes -
GreyICE is V/LA til Monday, November 12th
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #656 (isolation #25) » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:51 am

Vote Count 1.18 - As of post 656

GreyIce (8) - curiouskarmadog, Sixty, Shamrock, Albert B. Rampage, Shmugen, kortul, Thor665, Klick
Thor665 (7) - Konowa, Zdenek, greenknight, sword_of_omens, pidgey, StefanB, ICENinja
curiouskarmadog (3) - fatlikepig, GreyICE, jasonT1981

Mod Notes -
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #701 (isolation #26) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:56 am

Vote Count 1.19 - As of post 701

GreyIce (8) - curiouskarmadog, Sixty, Shamrock, Albert B. Rampage, Shmugen, kortul, Thor665, Klick
Thor665 (7) - Zdenek, greenknight, sword_of_omens, pidgey, StefanB, ICENinja, Konowa
curiouskarmadog (3) - fatlikepig, GreyICE, jasonT1981

Mod Notes -
Corrrected some errors in prior vote-counts (which involve name duplication not incorrect numbers). Thanks to all who pointed them out to me.
fatlikepig's V/LA has ended. She has 24 hours to post.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #800 (isolation #27) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:01 am

Vote Count 1.20 - As of post 800

GreyIce (9) - curiouskarmadog, Sixty, Shamrock, Albert B. Rampage, Shmugen, kortul, Thor665, Klick, ICENinja
Thor665 (6) - Zdenek, greenknight, pidgey, StefanB, Konowa, fatlikepig
curiouskarmadog (2) - GreyICE, jasonT1981

Not Voting (1) - sword_of_omens

Mod Notes -

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #869 (isolation #28) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:15 am

Final Vote Count of Day 1 - Lynch as of post 858

GreyIce (10, LYNCH) - curiouskarmadog, Sixty, Shamrock, Albert B. Rampage, Shmugen, kortul, Thor665, Klick, ICENinja, pidgey
Thor665 (6) - Zdenek, greenknight, StefanB, Konowa, fatlikepig, jasonT1981
curiouskarmadog (1) - GreyICE

Not Voting (1) - sword_of_omens

Mod Notes -

A lynch has occurred, please stand by …
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #870 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:24 am

You Wouldn’t Want to Roast Marshmallows Over This Blaze

The two police officers stood in the cold rain, protecting the dainty line of yellow “Crime Scene” tape from anyone who might want to accost it.

“This duty sucks” says the first officer, a younger man “why do we have to sit here in this cold rain? No-one is coming out here in the middle of the day”

“Orders are orders” grunted the older vet in reply “just be glad that Special Investigations flew in here and took over the scene. Them being here saved you a whole bunch of paperwork. You had to fill out Form DBX-1 yet?”

“I don’t even know what that is” the younger man replied.

“It’s the form, in triplicate, that you have to fill out when reporting on a dead body that isn’t of natural causes. And someone being burned alive in the middle of the day in relatively open ground is clearly not natural causes”.

“Damn, glad that the stooges from Special Investigation took over then. Hell, why are they here anyway? It’s not like anything very special happened here … looks like a mob dragged some poor woman out and set her on fire.”

“Well rook answer me this then … why is nothing else in the vicinity of the body even in the least bit charred if this is some random gasoline-fueled murder? Doesn’t that seem odd?”

The younger man just frowned as he looked back at the burned corpse. The vet was right. Probably was some reason Special Investigations was here ..

GreyICE - Bianca St. Claire, Investigation Immune Roleblocker for the Unseelie Cabal
was lynched Day 1.

It is now Night 1. All actions are due by Sunday, November 11th, 2012 at 10:00pm EST, in (expired on 2012-11-11 10:00:00). Night will end as soon as possible after this time. Given that Sunday is our house cleaning / house projects day that may be Monday morning.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #871 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:38 am

Some People Are Missed When They Die, Some People Are Spit On

The intern working the Coroner’s Office was not having a good night. First before work even started he and his girlfriend had a big fight over his schedule. It’s not his fault this was the only medical internship he could swing. Then he had lost his bus pass and was late. Luckily Mr. Butters wasn’t a dick about this sort of thing.

But the two rush jobs that had come in from Chicago PD had thrown everything into a tailspin. And given the fact that he had never seen a ‘rush’ before tonight didn’t help matters.

The Cops didn’t seem to care very much about the first body that rolled in. In fact he had heard multiple comments like “Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy” and “Scum get what they deserve”. He wasn’t sure what history this man had with Chicago PD but it clearly wasn’t good. But they clearly wanted to know how he died since he didn't have a scratch on him.

StefanB - Parker, Action Attractor
had his heart explode Night 1.

The second body was a rather attractive woman. Well, he guessed she would have been attractive had someone not pumped multiple rounds into her face. Her body was still smoking hot … much moreso than that tease of a girlfriend. The PD officers wanted to know who it was ASAP. Thus a dental records needed to be examined. Thus he was sent scurrying around at Mr. Butters’ command for the better part of 5 hours … making calls, getting coffee, whatever he needed.

When Mr. Butters finally got a definitive result it seems the woman in question had made a habit of sticking her nose in dangerous places. And this time it got obliterated with 40 calibur rounds.

Zdenek - Susan Rodriguez, Tracking Cop
was repeatedly shot Night 1.

Day 2 has begun ...
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #872 (isolation #31) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:39 am

Vote Count 2.1 - As of post 872

Not Voting (15) - Shmugen, Sixty, kortul, ICENinja, sword_of_omens, Thor665, fatlikepig, pidgey, Shamrock, Klick, Konowa, greenknight, curiouskarmadog, Albert B. Rampage, jasonT1981

The Current deadline is Sunday, November 25 at 6:00pm EST. Countdown is (expired on 2012-11-25 18:00:00).

With 15 active votes - 8 are required to lynch.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #909 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:46 am

Vote Count 2.2 - As of post 909

Thor665 (2) - Klick, ICENinja
Klick (2) - Shmugen, Thor665

Not Voting (11) - Sixty, kortul, sword_of_omens, fatlikepig, pidgey, Shamrock, Konowa, greenknight, curiouskarmadog, Albert B. Rampage, jasonT1981

The Current deadline is Sunday, Novemeber 25 at 6:00pmam EST. Countdown is (expired on 2012-11-25 18:00:00).

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #933 (isolation #33) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:33 am

In post 919, ICEninja wrote:
Mod, I noticed an inconsistency in the role reveals for Bianca and Parker/Susan that I would like rectified if possible
MoI wrote:
GreyICE - Bianca St. Claire, Investigation Immune Roleblocker for the Unseelie Cabal was lynched Day 1.

This one clearly shows what alignment and what team Bianca is on. We know there is an Unseelie Cabal.
MoI wrote:
StefanB - Parker, Action Attractor had his heart explode Night 1.

MoI wrote:
Zdenek - Susan Rodriguez, Tracking Cop was repeatedly shot Night 1.

These 2 do not have that. Can we clarify which teams these flipped players are on?

Per example all players that flip with Purple coloring and no specific affiliation mentioned are Town. Please PM if you have further questions on this issue.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #950 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:48 am

Vote Count 2.3 - As of post 950

Thor665 (5) - Klick, ICENinja, Konowa, Sixty, greenknight
Klick (4) - Shmugen, Thor665, fatlikepig, curiouskarmadog

Not Voting (6) - kortul, sword_of_omens, pidgey, Shamrock, Albert B. Rampage, jasonT1981

The Current deadline is Sunday, November 25 at 6:00pm EST. Countdown is (expired on 2012-11-25 18:00:00).

Mod Notes -
The first prod check will be tomorrow morning.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1030 (isolation #35) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:46 am

Vote Count 2.4 - As of post 1030

Thor665 (4) - Konowa, greenknight, kortul, Albert B. Rampage
Klick (6) - Thor665, fatlikepig, curiouskarmadog, sword_of_omens, Sixty, pidgey

Not Voting (4) - Shmugen, ICENinja, Shamrock, Klick

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1055 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:05 am

Vote Count 2.5 - As of post 1055

Thor665 (1) - Albert B. Rampage
Klick (7) - Thor665, fatlikepig, curiouskarmadog, sword_of_omens, Sixty, pidgey, Shamrock
Albert B. Rampage (2) - jasonT1981, greenknight

Not Voting (5) - Shmugen, kortul, ICENinja, Klick, Konowa

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1061 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:47 am

Final Vote Count of Day 2 - Lynch occured as of post 1057

Thor665 (1) - Albert B. Rampage
Klick (8, LYNCH) - Thor665, fatlikepig, curiouskarmadog, sword_of_omens, Sixty, pidgey, Shamrock, Klick
Albert B. Rampage (2) - jasonT1981, greenknight

Not Voting (4) - Shmugen, kortul, ICENinja, Klick, Konowa

Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1062 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:47 am

Suicide By Cop, Sort Of …

The police station was bustling. Calls were coming in on every line from reporters, from the Mayor’s Office, and most importantly from lawyers wanting to make hay while they could with the situation. Everyone from Detectives to lowly rookies were doing everything they could to keep the situation under control. Internal Affairs was out in full force and had cordoned off the stairwell up to the Special Investigations Department. No-one was sure what they were doing up there but the members of SI were sure it wasn’t good for them.

Then again situations like this were not good for any Chicago Cop. It is not every day that the head of a Police Department gets caught red-handed in public and chooses to take their own life as opposed to facing the music.

Klick - Karrin Murphy, Investigation Immune PowerCop for the Chicagoland Mafia
was lynched Day 2

It is now Night 2. All actions are due by Saturday, November 17th, 2012 at 12:00pm EST, in (expired on 2012-11-17 12:00:00). Night will end as soon as possible after this time

PLEASE NOTE – All actions submitted by PM should be sent to both myself and Trumpet of Doom. Thanks for your attention!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1063 (isolation #39) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:46 am

And Another One’s Gone, Another One’s Gone, and Another One Bites the Dust

Chicago police dispatchers were working overtime tonight. On top the normal calls dealing with domestic disputes, lost animals, and petty crimes like jaywalking three murders all were discovered within an hour of each other.

The first was particularly gruesome. The college kid who had called it in couldn’t stop puking as he horrifically described the scene to the dispatcher. Special Investigations was immediately dispatched to the scene after the Chief of Police overruled Internal Affairs. Despite the ongoing investigation into the entire division the when a body is found in an alley outside a trendy Nightclub ripped to shreds and the blood at the scene is pink you don’t send a regular detective to the scene.

greenknight - Thomas Raith, Bulletproof Miller
was mauled Night 2.

Finding a detective to man the scene was harder than it should have been. Ron Carmichael was not answering his phone. 25 minutes later a call came in from the residence of Ron Carmichael. It appeared that Internal Affairs would have to find anything else they wanted to know about his potential corruption from his personnel files.

ICENinja - Detective Ron Carmichael, Investigating Protected Bodyguard
had his neck broken Night 2.

The last call came from outside the Velvet Room, the former home of Bianca St. Clair. The not-so-secret escort service she ran has already fled to another location since without Bianca’s influence to hold both the Mob and Chicago PD at bay the location was not safe. No-one is quite sure what the body they found was doing there or what all the odd tattoos he sported meant. But it was clear that the single 45 caliber gunshot to the back of his head ended his life for good this time.

Thor - Victor "Shadowman" Sells, Watcher for the Unseelie Cabal
was executed Night 2.

Day 3 has begun ...
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1064 (isolation #40) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:47 am

Vote Count 3.1 - As of post 1064

Not Voting (11) - Shmugen, Sixty, kortul, sword_of_omens, fatlikepig, pidgey, Shamrock, Konowa, curiouskarmadog, Albert B. Rampage, jasonT1981

The Current deadline is Saturday, December 1 at 1:00pm EST. Countdown is (expired on 2012-12-01 13:00:00).

With 11 active votes - 6 are required to lynch.

Mod Notes -
Konowa is V/LA until Tuesday, November 20th.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1125 (isolation #41) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:09 am

Vote Count 3.2 - As of post 1125

curiouskarmadog (4) - Sixty, Shmugen, Shamrock, fatlikepig
jasonT1981 (1) - curiouskarmadog

Not Voting (6) - kortul, sword_of_omens, pidgey, Konowa, Albert B. Rampage, jasonT1981

The Current deadline is Saturday, December 1 at 1:00pm EST. Countdown is (expired on 2012-12-01 13:00:00).

Mod Notes -
Konowa is V/LA until Tuesday, November 20th.
sword_of_omens is coming off his standard weekend V/LA. He will be prodded this time tomorrow if he does not post by that point.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1147 (isolation #42) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:52 am

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1160 (isolation #43) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:09 am

Final Vote Count of Day 3 - Lynch occurred as of post 1159

pidgey (1) - sword_of_omens
curiouskarmadog (6, LYNCH) - Sixty, Shmugen, Shamrock, fatlikepig, Albert B. Rampage, Konowa
jasonT1981 (2) - curiouskarmadog, pidgey

Not Voting (2) - kortul, jasonT1981

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1161 (isolation #44) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:15 am

Playing Both Sides Against the Middle

The scene was hectic. The media was swarming and it took every man the force could muster to keep them back from the crime scene. First we had the revelation that the head of Special Investigations was corrupt. Now we had evidence of yet another law enforcement officer gone rogue. Luckily for the Police Commissioner this one wasn’t local. He’s been caught tampering with evidence at a crime scene and it had taken 7 shots to bring him down. Two Chicago officers were badly wounded in the gunfire and another was dead. But the Mayor was already looking to spin the events as further evidence that Chicago’s police force wasn’t corrupt and were taking pro-active steps to catch criminals no matter where they came from.

The FBI could not be reached for comment …

curiouskar
madog
-
FBI Age
nt Denton
2 Shot Ninja
2 Shot Strongman
Mafia
Wildcard
was lynched Day 3.

It is now Night 3. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday I am extending Night for 48 hours as I probably will not be able to process Night actions and open the thread until Sunday at the earliest. All actions are due by Sunday, November 25th, 2012 at 10:00am EST, in (expired on 2012-11-25 10:00:00). Night will end as soon as possible after this time.

PLEASE NOTE
– All actions submitted by PM should be sent to both myself and Trumpet of Doom. Thanks for your attention!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1162 (isolation #45) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:58 am

Tryptophan, the Ultimate Weapon Against Crime

Chicago has been tettering on the edge of chaos. The quick back to back revelations about Karrin Murphy and FBI Agent Denton had criminals eager to test the abilities of the now weakened Chicago PD. Petty crime had risen to unheard of levels. Vandalism was striking even normally safe neighborhoods. So the impending Thanksgiving Weekend had the police on high alert. Adding the large amount of spending expected from Black Friday (and the accompanying theft and mugging possibilities) made the Mayor nervous.

But once the Weekend hit things were peaceful. Almost frighteningly so. It seems that criminals from the lowliest street thug to the darkest being from the Nevernever wanted to enjoy a good helping of stuffing, turkey and gravy in peace.

No-one died Night 3.

Day 4 has begun ...
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1163 (isolation #46) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:58 am

Vote Count 4.1 - As of post 1163

Not Voting (10) - Shmugen, Sixty, kortul, sword_of_omens, fatlikepig, pidgey, Shamrock, Konowa, Albert B. Rampage, jasonT1981

The Current deadline is Sunday, December 9 at 2:00pm EST. Countdown is (expired on 2012-12-09 14:00:00).

With 10 active votes - 6 are required to lynch.

Mod Notes -
Shamrock is V/LA until Monday.
sword_of_omens is V/LA until Monday.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1235 (isolation #47) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:24 am

Vote Count 4.2 - As of post 1235

fatlikepig (1) - Konowa
pidgey (2) - Sixty, Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage (2) - pidgey, Shamrock

Not Voting (5) - Shmugen, kortul, sword_of_omens, fatlikepig, jasonT1981

The Current deadline is Sunday, December 9 at 2:00pm EST. Countdown is (expired on 2012-12-09 14:00:00).

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1277 (isolation #48) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:49 am

Vote Count 4.3 - As of post 1277

Shmugen (1) - Sixty
kortul (1) - Shamrock
fatlikepig (1) - Konowa
Konowa (1) - Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage (1) - pidgey

Not Voting (5) - Shmugen, kortul, sword_of_omens, fatlikepig, jasonT1981

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1300 (isolation #49) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:08 am

Vote Count 4.4 - As of post 1300

Shmugen (5) - Sixty, Konowa, fatlikepig, Albert B. Rampage, kortul
kortul (1) - Shamrock
Konowa (1) - Shmugen
Albert B. Rampage (1) - pidgey

Not Voting (2) - sword_of_omens, jasonT1981

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1353 (isolation #50) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:59 am

Vote Count 4.4 - As of post 1300
Final Vote Count of Day 4 - Lynch occurred as of post 1331

Shmugen (6, LYNCH) - Sixty, Konowa, fatlikepig, Albert B. Rampage, kortul, pidgey
kortul (1) - Shamrock
Konowa (1) - Shmugen

Not Voting (2) - sword_of_omens, jasonT1981

Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1354 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:59 am

The bust of Agent Denton and lack of overall crime over the Thanksgiving weekend had caused a sense of relief in the ranks of Chicago city employees and cops. Perhaps the madness that had occurred as of late had subsided. But that didn’t stop some overzealous citizens from taking the law into their own hands. The victim was a bar owner who just happened to cater to the wrong crowd. And unfortunately the ending wasn’t a positive one this time around.

I’m not legally allowed to include any more text in this flip …

Shumugen - ‘Mac’ MacAnally, Bulletproof Townie
was lynched Day 4.

It is now Night 4. All actions are due by Saturday, December 1st, 2012 at 11:00am EST, in (expired on 2012-12-01 11:00:00). Night will end as soon as possible after this time. However it may be delayed due to a family Christmas party on Saturday.

PLEASE NOTE
– All actions submitted by PM should be sent to both myself and Trumpet of Doom. Thanks for your attention!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1355 (isolation #52) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:54 am

Just a heads up - my daughter broke her wrist so I have spent all day in the Children's ER. Ending of Night 4 will not come until tomorrow at the earliest.

Sorry for the inconvienance.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1356 (isolation #53) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:18 am

Staying Alive, Staying Alive, Ah Ah Ah Ah

After what ended up being termed a “slight overreaction” in the death of the bar owner Chicago PD stepped up their activities all over the city. Federal money, in no small part influenced by the fact the FBI had an Agent implicit in the local wrong-doing, had come flowing in to help Chicago fund additional hiring. The Mayor was on a roll and had backing from pretty much every major sector of the Chicago political and financial scenes. People wanted the problem solved ASAP.

And it looks like, at least for the time being, Chicago PD was successful on that front.

Day 5 has begun ...
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1357 (isolation #54) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:18 am

Vote Count 5.1 - As of post 1357

Not Voting (9) - Sixty, kortul, sword_of_omens, fatlikepig, pidgey, Shamrock, Konowa, Albert B. Rampage, jasonT1981

The Current deadline is Sunday, December 16 at 2:00pm EST. Countdown is (expired on 2012-12-16 14:00:00).

With 9 active votes - 5 are required to lynch.

Mod Notes -
fatlikepig is V/LA until December 5th.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1392 (isolation #55) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:21 am

Vote Count 5.2 - As of post 1392

kortul (3) - Shamrock, Albert B. Rampage, jasonT1981

Not Voting (6) - Sixty, kortul, sword_of_omens, fatlikepig, pidgey, Konowa

The Current deadline is Sunday, December 16 at 2:00pm EST. Countdown is (expired on 2012-12-16 14:00:00).

Mod Notes -
fatlikepig is V/LA until December 5th.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1408 (isolation #56) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:28 am

Final Vote Count of Day 5 - Lynch occurred as of post 1400

kortul (5, LYNCH) - Shamrock, Albert B. Rampage, jasonT1981, Sixty, Konowa

Not Voting (4) - kortul, sword_of_omens, fatlikepig, pidgey

Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1409 (isolation #57) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:28 am

Why Don’t You Go Over And Tell Him He’s A Threat To Town?

Those among the residents of Chicago who are more of a vigilante bent than the average citizen take a second straight quiet period as indication that their methods are working and to not waste time fooling around. kortul is quickly cornered and fingers are pointed from pretty much every corner. Despite the fact that he’s by far bigger than any of his individual accusers kortul doesn’t react as so many others have recent. He stands down and goes quietly, waiting for the police to arrive with almost an expression of relief. It appears being the Boss was not a role he wanted. Either that or the array of Blasting Rods, guns and swords encouraged him to not make a scene.

kortul - Hendricks, Jailkeeper for the Chicagoland Mafia
has been lynched.

A Win Condition has been triggered. No more threats to the Town are active in the game.

Congratulations -

Sixty - Harley MacFinn, Loup-garou Mason

Sword_of_Omens - Harry Dresden, Wizard of All Trades

fatlikepig - Bob, Inventing Spirit of Some Trades

pidgey - Toot-toot, Limited Amnesiac Oracle

Shamrock - Michael Carpenter, Praying Knight

Konowa - "Gentleman" Johnny Marcone, 'Honorable' Miller Vigilante

Albert B. Rampage - Tera West, Wolfwere Mason

jasonT1981 - Mortimer Lindquist, Ectomancer

all survive and are victorious. Shmugen, ICENinja, Zdenek, greenknight, and StefanB also win posthumously.

I will have a large data dump coming over the next hour or so. All that actually made this game Bastard will be revealed.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1419 (isolation #58) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:10 am

Some quick Mod notes

Town simply rolled scum this game, in large part to scum overall playing so collectively poorly that Town could have played Pants on Head stupid and still probably won. Kortul and Thor were the only scum team members that gave what I consider a quality effort. Scum also universally had the worst luck with how Night actions shook out – almost every lucky break Town could catch happened.

I’d like to thank all the players who kept active and made the game a success in my mind. Two replacements in a 18 player game is not bad at all.

I’d also like to thank Trumpet of Doom, Kdub, Spyrex and farside for helping to smooth out the bumps in the admittedly complex set-up.

QT Links

The Nevernever – Dead QT
Masons QT
Chicagoland Mafia QT
Unseelie Cabal QT
Channelling QT – jasonT1981 and ICENinja
Lovers QT – Unused

Night action summary

Night 1 Actions and Resolution

StefanB attracts Thor - Success, Thor's actions are redirected to StefanB.
Konowa kills no-one - Success.
Shamrock prays for Sixty - Success (no effect)
ICENinja investigates Klick for Chicagoland ties - Success, receives a result of "Not Guilty"
Thor watches Klick - Modified Success - see no-one else target StefanB
Thor nightkills ICENinja - Modified success - kills StefanB
Zdenek investigates fatlikepig for Unseelie ties - Success, receives a result of "Not Guilty"
fatlikepig takes no action - Success.
kortul jailkeeps greenknight - Success, greenknight is protected from kills and blocked.
curiouskarmadog Ninja kills (Chicagoland) Zdenek - Success, Zdenek is killed.
sword_of_omens uses Wizard Sight on Sixty - Success, receives results.
klick PowerCops Sixty - Success, receives results.
pidgey oracles to SoO / greenknight / Klick - Success, random.org sends to SOO.
jasonT submits no action - success

Night 2 Actions and Resolution

ICENinja investigates Albert B. Rampage for Chicagoland ties - Success, receives a result of "Not Guilty"
fatlikepig uses Sensor on lynch wagon - Success, receives a result of "3 Players not aligned with Town were on the wagon"
Thor watches sword_of_omens - Success, sees no-one target sword_of_omens
curiouskarmadog kills (Unseelie) greenknight - Success (greenknight only bulletproof to Chicagoland kills), greenknight is killed.
kortul jailkeeps Shmugen - Success, Shmugen is protected from kills and blocked.
kortul kills (Chicagoland) ICENinja - Success, ICENinja is killed.
Konowa kills Thor - Success, Thor is killed
Pidgey, sword_of_omens and jasonT1981 take no action - Success.
Shamrock prays for Konowa - Success, no effect

Night 3 Actions and Resolution

jasonT1981 channels ICENinja - Success, QT with ICENinja established.
kortul jailkeeps pidgey - Success, pidgey is protected from kills and blocked.
kortul kills (Chicagoland) sword_of_omens - Fails, SOO's Shield Braclet is used up.
Shamrock prays for Sixty - Success, no effect.
fatlikepig makes Escape potion and gives it to Sixty - Success, Sixty received potion.
Konowa kills pidgey - Fails, pidgey is jailkept.

Night 4 Actions and Resolution

Sixty uses Escape Potion - success, Sixty cannot be targetted by any abilities Night 4.
fatlikepig makes Lovers potion and gives it to Shamrock - Success, Shamrock receives the potion.
sword_of_omens uses Wizard Sight on kortul - Success, receives results.
kortul jailkeeps Konowa - Success, Konowa is jailkept.
kortul kills (Chicagoland) Sixty - Fails, Sixty is untargettable.
pidgey oracles to jason / Konowa / kortul - Success, random.org sends result to Konowa.
Shamrock prays for Sixty - Fails, Sixty is untargettable.
Konowa and jasonT1981 take no actions - Success

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1421 (isolation #59) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:16 am

Town Role PMs (there may be some slight variation that was editted at PM posting
-

Harley MacFinn

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Harley MacFinn, Loup-garou Mason
!

As the last living member of your family you are subject to the curse of the Loup-garou. Every full moon cycle you transform into an unstoppable engine of destruction. Luckily you are also rich and have the resources to properly protect yourself and everyone around you when the curse strikes. Additionally you have Tera to keep you under control. You have no idea what you would do without her …

Abilities
-

Pack-Mate
(Passive) – You have access to a Masons QT where you may speak with Tera West at any time. Furthermore you know that Tera is confirmed to be aligned with the Town.

Northwest Passage Project

Wincon

Tera West

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Tera West, Wolfwere Mason
!

The strange lives these humans lead. You’ve spent much of your life when in Human form acclimating yourself to their world. So little respect for their own packs, so little interest in keeping their territory safe for themselves. But in Harley you have found someone who understands the nature of the beast underneath the human exterior. He’s helped to protect hunting grounds that others would bulldoze and make into Mini-Malls.

Abilities
-

Pack-Mate
(Passive) – You have access to a Masons QT where you may speak with Harley MacFinn at any time. Furthermore you know that Harley is confirmed to be aligned with the Town.

Call of the Pack

Wincon

"Gentleman" Johnny Marcone

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
"Gentleman" Johnny Marcone, ‘Honorable’ Vigilante
!

Chicago. Your turf. Your Town. You’ve risen in the ranks of the Chicago Mafia and now sit in a comfortable spot atop the hidden underworld of organized crime. You’ve done some questionable things to all sorts of people during that rise but you have your own personal ethical compass that has helped you get there. You’ve never killed without a reason and abhor violence for the sake of it. All your underlings understand that life is richer and more profitable doing things your way.

Abilities
-

Contract Kill
(Active) – Each Night you may choose to target a player. If successful that player will be killed.

Morals and Ethics
(Passive) – Despite being a criminal and cold-blooded murderer you have you own personal ethical code. You’ve never killed anyone who didn’t deserve it. If you use your Contract Kill ability and successfully kill a Town aligned player there will be consequences. The first time it occurs you will lose your vote for the next day as you take a sabbatical to consider your actions. The second time it occurs you will commit suicide in shame.

Word from the Top

Wincon

MOD NOTE: Marcone is a Miller for the Chicagoland Mafia faction and will show up Guilty to an alignment investigation for that faction.

Harry Dresden

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden, Wizard of All Trades
!

Wizard. That’s what you are listed under in the Yellow Pages. You are member of the White Council and private detective trying to earn a living while protecting Chicago from all sorts of threats both supernatural and mundane. And there are lots of threats to protect from these days. Better grab your blasting rod and duster there is work to be done.

Abilities
-

Shield Bracelet
(Passive) – Your focusing silver bracelet that you use for defensive wards is at the ready. The first attempt to kill you will fail regardless of the source.

Magical Spells and Tricks
(Active) – You have a number of magical Abilities at your disposal. You may only use one Active ability per Night and may not use the same ability two Nights in a row.

Whirlwind – You may target a player. If successful that player will be thrown about in a cyclone of wind and will be unable to use any Active Abilities that Night.

Defensive Ward – You may target a player. If successful that player will be protected from all normal magical attacks that Night.

Soulgaze – You may target a player. If successful you will initiate a Soulgaze with that person. You will be informed of that player’s affiliation.

Focus Rod
(Active) – In place of your normal Magical Spells and Tricks you may choose to use your blasting rod to help you focus your magic on that Night. Doing so will drain your reserves and prevent you from using any Active Abilities the following Night. You may only use one Active Ability per Night.

Firebolt – You may target a player. If successful you will blast that player with a bolt of focused flame, killing them.

Enhanced Ward – You may target a player. If successful that player will be protected from all magical attacks and normal mundane attacks that Night.

Wizard’s Sight – You may target a player. If successful you will open your Wizard Third Eye and look at the player. Nothing can be hidden from this gaze as this shows you the true nature of the subject that you can never choose to forget. You will receive that player’s Character and Role names, Alignment and a list of their Ability names.

You Called for A Consultant?

Wincon

MOD NOTE – Wizard’s Sight sees through all investigation immunity and miller status. It only returns 3rd Party alignment if one of the Masons has been 'converted'. It also returns the revised alignment for any recruited Town players.

‘Mac’ MacAnally

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
‘Mac’ MacAnally, Bulletproof Townie
!

You own a bar. You make great steak sandwiches. You dispense wisdom. This is more text than should be associated with you given you are a man of very few words.

Abilities
-

Mystical Feng-Shui Architecture
(Passive) – Your bar is laid out to specifically disrupt the flow of magical energies. Kind of necessary when all manner of wizards and arcane creatures make use of your bar. Any normal mystical attempt on your life will fail.

Grunt
(Passive) - You may vote to lynch each Day.

Wincon

Thomas Raith

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Thomas Raith, Bulletproof Townie
!

You are the tall, lean, staggeringly good looking black sheep of the White Vampire Court Raith Clan. When you aren’t having eye-rolling good sex with your girlfriend Justine (and feeding a little on her soul to boot) you serve as an errand boy for your father Lord Raith. He’s always trying to get you killed with dangerous assignments since he hates you. Luckily he can’t risk doing it directly since he likes to keep up appearance of not being a homicidal maniac in the Court public eye. Luckily being tough as nails is part and parcel of being a White Court Vampire.

Abilities
-

Demon Inside
(Passive) – The demon who exists at your core feeds on the life energies of women in intimate contact with you. It also stores excess energy that can be used to strengthen your body making you faster and stronger. And also healing wounds at a supernatural rate. Any physical damage to your body will heal almost instantaneously and any normal physical attempt to kill you will fail.

Looking This Good Isn’t Easy

Wincon

MOD NOTE: Thomas is a Miller for the Unseelie Cabal faction and will show up Guilty to an alignment investigation for that faction.

Susan Rodriguez

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Susan Rodriguez, Tracking Cop
!

You are a report for The Midwest Arcane, the preeminent publication for all things that go bump in the Night in the Chicago area. Most people treat your work like the rest of the tabloid garbage it is presented with but you know differently. There are monsters out there and you want to make sure they see the light of day (or rather print). You’ve used your relationship with Harry Dresden to get scoops over the year despite his rather insistent stance that it is dangerous for you

Abilities
-

Weird Intuition
(Active) – You have that sixth sense for when something from the other side of ordinary. You may choose to target a player at Night. If successful you will learn if they are involved in supernatural mayhem (Guilty) or not.

Legwork
(Active) – Part of being a good reporter is being willing to put in the time following up leads. You may choose to target a player at Night. If successful you will follow them and observe any action they take.

Womanly Charms

Wincon

Detective Ron Carmichael

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Detective Ron Carmichael, Investigating Protected Bodyguard
!

What’s a good detective to do these days? Being stuck at Special Investigations is a drag. You’ve got to watch that crackpot Dresden mutter mumbo-jumbo about magic and fairies and whatever else he makes up and still get paid for it. Luckily Murphy has you around to make sure crimes get solved the old fashioned way – actual cop work.

Abilities
-

Interrogating the Suspect
(Active) – You know the best way to crack a suspect and get them to confess their crimes. You may choose to target a player at Night. If you are successful you will learn if they are involved in criminal activities (Guilty) or not.

The Vest
(Active) – On occasion you are assigned protective duty for people important to the Chicago Police Department. When you draw this duty you come prepared with the best bulletproof flack jackets money can buy. At Night you may choose to target a player. If successful you will accompany them that evening and shield them from bullets and other sundry weapons typically employed by the criminal elements of Chicago.

Eye on the Streets

Wincon

Bob

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Bob, Inventing Spirit of Some Trades
!

You are a spirit of air and intellect, a hound-dog for the female form, and generally the one person willing to give Dresden the advice he needs not wants. Although you enjoy spending your time perusing smutty romance novels (the nastier the better) you don’t want to see that Dresden kid hurt. Time to put your vast repository of knowledge and skills to good use whether he wants you to or not.

Abilities
-

Boil, Boil, Toil and Trouble
(Active) – You know more about making potions than any Wizard alive. Unfortunately for you Dresden’s meager resources mean you have a very limited number of potions you can actually make. At Night you may choose to make a potion (if you have any remaining ingredients) and if successful give it to a player of your choice. Being a spirit you can’t exactly use it yourself. You may only use one Active Ability per Night.

Lust (1 shot) – Mixing all the right elements can make the people who drink it fall madly in love with each other. Your target recipient can choose any two players and if successful those players will become Lovers (when one dies the other does also, a shared Daytalk QT) when they use the potion.

Escape (1 shot) – This nasty tasting but quite effective little number turns the user into a disconnected cloud of particles that can move like lightning. Your target recipient will be completely untargetable by any ability when they use the potion.

8 Centuries of Experience
(Active) – While air spirits are not powerhouses by magical standards your age and wisdom allows you to use several tricks. The strain to your being does limit the number of times you can actually use them. At Night you may choose to use one of your skills (if you have any strength left). You may only use one Active Ability per Night.

Consult the Spirits (1 shot) – You can call upon the Spirits of the Netherworld to give you a modicum of advice about the goings-on currently happening in Chicago. If successful you will be informed of the number of players on the previous Day’s lynching wagon that are not aligned with the Town.

Ride Along (1 shot) – Mister the Cat is a great vehicle to keep you protected when you want to venture out into Chicago. You may target a player at Night. If successful you will hide within Mister in their vicinity. Keep in mind Mister is just a cat (even if he looks more like a miniature cougar) and harm that comes to your target might cause him harm as well. If you get caught outside without a body to hide in you a dead spirit floating.

Wisecracks and Bawdy Language

Wincon

MOD NOTE – Death only results in hiding behind an Unseelie Cabal member with Ride Along. If the Unseelie Cabal targets Bob with a Nightkill (of any strength) he is instead recruited to them and joins the Unseelie QT.

Mortimer Lindquist

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Mortimer Lindquist, Ectomancer
!

People need to leave you alone. You left behind the world of magic years ago and now somewhat comfortable living conning suckers who believe you can talk to the dead. Fact is you still can on a good day but playing Whoopi Goldberg from Ghost is much easier than actually making contact with someone who has passed on.

Abilities
-

Channeling
(Active) – You still have enough magical juice to actually contact the Dead when the need arises. At Night you may choose to target any deceased player who has not been dead more than 1 full cycle (Day and Night). If successful you will enter a QT with that player that lasts the following Day and Night.

Fleecing the Gullible

Wincon

NOTE –If the Chicagoland Mafia targets Mortimer with a Nightkill (of any strength) instead he is then recruited to them and joins the Chicagoland QT.

Toot-toot

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Toot-toot, Limited Amnesiac Oracle
!

You are a Dew Drop fairy with a taste for Pizza and a calling as Harry Dresden’s personal go-to fairy. You know an awful lot about and awful lot and what you don’t know you can go wherever you need to find your answers. Too bad you aren’t focused enough on anything but the Za to use it to your own advantage.

Abilities
-

Bribed with Pizza
(Active) – You can use your ability to get answers about just about anything to the Town’s advantage.. At Night twice per game you may choose to ask the Moderator a question about the game and send a list of 3 living players. If successful the Mod will send one random player on that list your question and the appropriate answer. A reminder – as in all things about information the more detailed your question is the more likely your targets will get a useful answer. Please PM the Mod with any questions you have on this ability and its inherent limits.

I’m no Brownie!

Wincon

Michael Carpenter

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Michael Carpenter, Praying Knight
!

As one of the three Knights of the Cross (warriors dedicated to protecting righteous mortals from supernatural dangers and the Order of the Blackened Denarius) you serve the Lord as he directs. Currently he hasn’t sent you on a mission but you feel in your bones the word could come at any time. Luckily Father Forthill helps look after Charity and your many children in your absence.

Abilities
-

Spiritual Devotion
(Active) – Your Faith in God and his righteous goals has helped you protect many from dangerous monsters and madmen. At Night you may target a player. If successful that player will be protected from whatever harm your faith can disrupt.

I Have Faith in You

Wincon

NOTE – Spiritual Devotion actually does nothing at all. It is trackable (essentially a Fruit Vendor whose target doesn’t get any confirmation) but otherwise useless.

Parker

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Parker, Action Attracter
!

You are the leader of the Streetwolves, a band of rather malcontent bikers. You like to hang out in a dingy garage, drink beer, and commit violent acts on generally innocent civilians. Yes, you channel the bestial fury of Werewolves when the need arises but frankly you are rather harmless in the scheme of things as powers in Chicago go. Frankly all your abilities are good for is drawing unwanted attention, it seems.

Abilities
-

Under a Watchful Eye
(Active) – Your reputation makes it easy for you to draw the wrong sorts of attention. Once per Night you MUST target a player. If successful any Night actions that player takes will be redirected to you instead of their original target. If you do not submit a choice by deadline a random choice among all other living players will be made for you.

Run This Joint

Wincon

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1422 (isolation #60) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:18 am

Mafia Role PMs - same as above

FBI Agent Denton

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
FBI Age
nt Denton
2 Shot Ninja
2 Shot Strongman
Mafia
Wildcard
!

You are a corrupt FBI Agent who has his fingers deep into both ends of those wishing to control Chicago and kill those standing in the way of that dream. You’ve become a valuable member of Karrin Murphy’s Chicagoland Mafia due to the resources your FBI position and contacts provide. Your Hexenwolf belt has made you the muscle of Bianca St. Claire’s Unseelie Cabal. Neither side knows you are working for the other and you’d like to keep it that way for as long as you can until it comes time to fully commit to whichever side will be the winner in this conflict.

Your partners in the
Chicagoland Mafia
are Player Y – Karrin Murphy (Investigation Immune PowerCop) and Player Z – Hendricks (Jailkeeper).

Your partners in the
Unseelie Cabal
are Player A – Bianca St. Claire (Investigation Immune Roleblocker) and Player B – Victor Sells (Watcher)

Abilities
-

Playing Both Sides Against the Middle
(Factional, Passive) – You have access to both the Chicagoland Mafia QT and the Unseelie Cabal QT. You may speak there at any time.

Trust Is an Important Thing
(Factional, Informational) – Each Mafia Faction believes you to be completely loyal to their cause. The extent to which you end up sharing information is up to you but be aware that the Winconditions for each Mafia are in conflict – they cannot coexist. As such you will NOT count towards the traditional Wincondition for either Faction for endgame purposes (as to whether either Faction has at least half of the remaining living players in the game and it cannot be changed). In the end if it comes down to a choice between the two Factions that will be a call you have to make.

Stolen Identity
(Factional, Informational) – You know that you have killed
Father Anthony Forthill
and hidden his body. You may use his identity as you wish.

Put in a Hit
(Factional, Active) – Each Night you may choose a target player for Nightkill. You make choose to make the Factional kill for both the
Chicagoland Mafia
and the
Unseelie Cabal
. If successful that player will be killed. Note you cannot make the Nightkill for both Factions in the same Night.

Tampering with Evidence
(Passive, 2 Shot) – If you attempt the Nightkill for the
Chicagoland Mafia
you may twice per game choose to tamper with the evidence at the kill scene. This will render you undetectable to any Tracker or Watcher style roles for that Night.

Hexenwolf Belt
(Passive, 2 Shot) - If you attempt the Nightkill for the
Unseelie Cabal
you may twice per game choose to invoke the magic of your Hexenwolf belt turning you into a Werewolf. Your kill attempt will pass by any normal protections against
Unseelie Cabal
kill attempts.

Compromised Souls
(Factional, Informational) – You know that at least one Town player for each Faction would be receptive to joining each faction’s cause. If they are targeted for Nightkill by the proper faction those players will instead survive and join the relevant faction.

Issuing Orders

Wincon

You win the game when either the
Chicagoland Mafia
or the
Unseelie Cabal
meets its win condition.

Chicagoland Mafia
Wincon – You win when the
Chicagoland Mafia
makes up at least half the remaining living players and nothing can change this.

Unseelie Cabal
Wincon - You win when the
Unseelie Cabal
makes up at least half the remaining living players and nothing can change this.

Reminder – you do not count for purposes of the “at least half the remaining living players” for either side until all your partners from one Faction are dead.

Karrin Murphy –

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Karrin Murphy, Investigation Immune PowerCop for the Chicagoland Mafia
!

You know the expression “It’s a man’s world”? Well when it comes to Chicago law enforcement that statement has never been truer no matter what year it is. Despite coming from a long family line of well-respected Chicago Police Department officers you’ve never been taken seriously. It doesn’t help that you an attractive blonde who weighs 130 pounds soaking wet. After a while despite proving yourself over and over to be a quality officer you got tired of playing their game. So you decided to go into business for yourself. You got ‘transferred’ to the Special Investigation divisions just so you would stay out of the limelight. It is the perfect cover for your elicit dealings. You’ve been slowly consolidating your hold over Chicago’s underworld elements on the sly. Very few people know you are pulling more stings then even the perceived Mob ‘Bosses’. Hell you even have Harry Dresden completely fooled. Soon this town will be your Town.

Your partners in the
Chicagoland Mafia
are Player Z – Hendricks (Jailkeeper) and Player Y – FBI Agent Denton (2 Shot Ninja).

Abilities
-

Chain of Command
(Factional, Passive) – You have access to the Chicagoland Mafia QT. You may speak there at any time.

Bargaining Chip
(Factional, Informational) – You know that you have kidnapped
Georgia Borden
and have her under constant watch. You may use her identity if you choose.

Orders from the Boss
(Factional, Active) – Each Night you may choose a target player for Nightkill. If successful that player will be killed. You may use this ability in conjunction with any other Active abilities you have.

Keeping up Appearances
(Passive) – You actively choose to present the world with the front of a hard-working and incorruptible cop. If you are investigated by any normal alignment investigation ability you will return a result that is consistent with what a Town player would give.

Background Check
(Active) – Each Night you may choose a target player. If successful I will give you a list of all their non-Factional ability names and descriptions.

Payoff
(Factional, Informational) – You know that at least one Town player would be receptive to joining your cause. If your faction targets them for Nightkill they will survive and instead join you.

Respected Figure

Wincon

You win when the
Chicagoland Mafia

Hendricks -

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Hendricks, Jailkeeper for the Chicagoland Mafia
!

Sometimes the less said the better. That’s the motto you live by. And in this case a good one. You were one of Karrin Murphy’s most important recruits into her power-base and are her most trusted lieutenant. Not that you should feel comfortable. That woman is stone cold evil and despite her petite frame will easily kill anyone who gets in her way. So keeping your mouth shut and nose clean (well, as clean as a Mafia member’s nose can be anyway) has served you well.

Your partners in the
Chicagoland Mafia
are Player Z – Karrin Murphy (Investigation Immune PowerCop) and Player Y – FBI Agent Denton (2 Shot Ninja).

Abilities
-

Orders are Orders
(Factional, Passive) – You have access to the Chicagoland Mafia QT. You may speak there at any time.

Where the Body Is Buried
(Factional, Informational) – Awhile back you killed some dude named
Donald Morgan
on Karrin’s orders. Since he’s not exactly from around here you can use his identity as you see fit with no problem.

Hired Muscle
(Factional, Active) – Each Night you may choose a target player for Nightkill. If successful that player will be killed. You may use this ability in conjunction with any other Active abilities you have.

Intimidating Presence
(Active) – Your exceeding large frame and general disposition mean that most people don’t question when you say to do something. Each Night you may choose a target player. If successful that player will be blocked from taking any active action that Night. As a consequence that player will also be protected from any normal kill attempts made on them since most people try not to interfere in your business.

Do Me This Favor
(Factional, Informational) – You know that at least one Town player would be receptive to joining your cause. If your faction targets them for Nightkill they will survive and instead join you.

Listen Carefully to What I Say

Wincon

You win when the
Chicagoland Mafia

Bianca St. Claire –

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Bianca St. Claire, Investigation Immune Roleblocker for the Unseelie Cabal
!

As a Baroness of the Red Court you have a great deal of influence on the events that happen on the hidden, magical side of Chicago. But you want more power. The Red Court has always been looking for a way to start a war with the White Council of Wizards and you think you have just the way to do so. By using magic and magical creatures to do your bidding you think you can cause the White Council to overstep their bounds and break the rules of the Unseelie Accords that binds both the Red Court and the White Council. So you’ve started recruiting non-vampires to help with this matter. First Chicago … then the World!

Your partners in the
Unseelie Cabal
are Player Y – Victor Sells (Watcher) and Player Y – FBI Agent Denton (2 Shot Strongman).

Abilities
-

Magical Messengers
(Factional, Passive) – You have access to the Unseelie Cabal QT. You may speak there at any time.

Monster in Pretty Skin
(Factional, Informational) – You have killed
Charity Carpenter
and taken her skin as a disguise. You can use her identity as you see fit.

Bloodlust

Pretty As a Picture
(Passive) – Your disguise as a lovely lady keeps you safe from those who would otherwise dislike your true form. If you are investigated by any normal alignment investigation ability you will return a result that is consistent with what a Town player would give.

Vampire’s Kiss
(Active) – Each Night you may choose a target player. If successful that player will be entranced by your narcotic saliva and be unable to take any action that Night.

Children Can Be Made

Businesswoman

Wincon

You win when the
Unseelie Cabal

Victor Sells –

Welcome to
, Player X!

You are
Victor “Shadowman” Sells, Watcher for the Unseelie Cabal
!

Your thriving business selling magically infused drugs hit a snag when Harry Dresden burned down your house. Luckily you survived the conflagration with the help of Bianca. You are indebted to her and thus serve he faithfully even though you know deep down she is a bloodsucking terror.

Your partners in the
Unseelie Cabal
are Player Y – Bianca St. Claire (Investigation Immune Roleblocker) and Player Y – FBI Agent Denton (2 Shot Strongman).

Abilities
-

Demon Consultants
(Factional, Passive) – You have access to the Unseelie Cabal QT. You may speak there at any time.

Glamour
(Factional, Informational) – You once fed
Billy Borden
to a demon friend of yours and can use magic to take on his appearance. You can use his identity as you see fit.

Death Curse
(Factional, Active) – Each Night you may target a player for Nightkill. If successful that player will be killed. You may use this ability in conjunction with any other Active abilities you have.

ThirdEye
(Active) – Your exposure to the ThirdEye drug you used to make has enhanced your senses. Each Night you may choose to target a player. If successful you will see every other player who targets that player at Night.

Corruption Is Easy
(Factional, Informational) – You know that at least one Town player would be receptive to joining your cause. If your Faction targets them for Nightkill they will survive and instead join you.

Selling Your Wares

Wincon

You win when the
Unseelie Cabal

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1424 (isolation #61) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:19 am

In post 1423, kortul wrote:
@Moi
, quick question, just curious. Is Oracle of pidgey targeted or not? Ie since Konowa was jailed, was he a legal target for the ability (and visit of Faerie)?

Yes. But regardless your Jailkeep ability only stops them from being Killed, not from being targeted. Had Konowa tried to take an action it would have been blocked.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1426 (isolation #62) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:24 am

Revised Role PMs for various events (never activated :( )

Harley MacFinn changed PM

They did it. Those bastards. They took away the light of your life. Now you have nothing to help ward off the darkness that eats at your very soul. Every single one of them is going to be sorry … the moon is full and you have nothing left to help restrain the beast that lurks within you!

Your role has changed
!

You are now
Harley MacFinn – Limited Paranoid Fully Bulletproof Compulsive Strongman Loup-garou
!

Abilities

No-one is Packing Silver
(Passive) – Being in your transformed state has its advantages. There are few non-silver powers on earth capable of permanently harming you. Any attempt on your life will fail.

Thirst for Blood
(Factional, Active, Compulsive) – Each Night you
MUST
submit a kill attempt on a living players. If you do not submit one by deadline your kill will be randomized among all players living at the start of Night. Unless prevented by extraordinary means that player will be killed.

Lashing Out
(Passive) – Being a mindless killing machine means it is dangerous for anyone to be in your presence. The first player who targets you with an action of any type will be killed in response.

Howl
(Passive) – Despite being a blood-thirsty monster only bent on killing you may vote to lynch each Day.

Wincon

You win when all other players in the game are dead, or nothing can prevent this.

MOD NOTES– Harley is passively Investigation Immune (in that he is not Unseelie or Chicagoland). Harry’s Wizard’s Sight will reveal his third party status. The only way to prevent his Kill is Harry’s 1-shot Shield bracelet. Nothing stops his ‘Lashing Out’ PGO including the bracelet since it is a reflexive action. Lastly he is immune to being killed by the death of someone linked to him via Love Potion. He still may participate in the QT but does not die if he when the other lover does.

Tara West changed PM –

The grief in your heart over Harley’s death causes you almost physical harm. He was a member of your pack and your leader. You will have no peace or rest until you have destroyed those responsible for Harley’s death.

Your role has changed
!

You are now
Tera West – Limited Day-Poisoning Investigating Commuting Wolfwere
!

Abilities

Wild Plants
(Active, Factional, Day) – Three times per game and once per Day you may target a player during the Day with a dose of a highly toxic plant. If successful that player will die after they have made 10 posts after being dosed or when a lynch / no lynch is achieved, whichever comes first.

Scent
(Active) – Each Night you may choose to use your keen Wolf-senses to test whether someone was involved in Harley’s death. If successful you will be told if they are directly involved in Harley’s death.

Transform
(Active) - You really are a wolf who only masquerades as a human. Each Night you may choose to transform into a wolf and take to the woods. You may not be targeted by any Abilities, be they active or factional, while in wolf-form.

Vengeance
(Passive) – Despite being a wolf who doesn’t understand or much care for humanity you may vote to lynch each Day.

Wincon

You win (and leave the game) when everyone involved in Harley’s death has been killed. If Harley is lynched this means everyone who was on his lynching wagon. If Harley is killed at Night this means every member of the faction who killed him (in the case of a non-Town killer) or the person who killed him (in the case of a Town killer).

MOD NOTES – Tera is passively Investigation Immune (in that he is not Unseelie or Chicagoland). Harry’s Wizard’s Sight will reveal her third party status. Her daykill cannot be protected (as it is a Day ability) against. If Tera is made a lover to someone who took part in Harley’s death she does not die when they do.

Bob recruited –

Well this was bound to happen at some point … someone else got their hands on your skull. Well Harry should have kept a better watch over you. It’s not like you’ve ever been particularly picky about what kind of Master you serve.

Your role has changed
!

You are now
Bob – Inventing Spirit of Some Trades for the Unseelie Cabal
!

Abilities

Holder of the Skull

Summon Mordite
(Factional, Active) – At Night you may choose to target a player for Nightkill. If successful that player will be killed. You may use this ability in conjunction with any other Active Abilities you have.

Boil, Boil, Toil and Trouble
(Active) – You know more about making potions than any Wizard alive. You new Masters don’t exactly keep the stuff you need to brew potions around, either. At Night you may choose to make a potion (if you have any remaining ingredients) and if successful give it to a player of your choice. Being a spirit you can’t exactly use it yourself.

Escape (1 shot) – This nasty tasting but quite effective little number turns the user into a disconnect cloud of particles that can move like lightning. Your target recipient will be completely untargetable by any ability when they use the potion.

8 Centuries of Experience
(Active) – While air spirits are not powerhouses by magical standards your age and wisdom allows you to use several tricks. The strain to your being does limit the number of times you can actually use them. At Night you may choose to use one of your skills (if you have any strength left).

Consult the Spirits (1 shot) – You can call upon the Spirits of the Netherworld to give you a modicum of advice about the goings-on currently happening in Chicago. If successful you will be informed of the number of players on the previous Day’s lynching wagon that are not aligned with the Town.

Ride Along (1 shot) – Mister the Cat is a great vehicle to keep you protected when you want to venture out into Chicago. Plus he doesn’t really care that you’ve gone over to the other side. You may target a player at Night. If successful you will hide within Mister in their vicinity. Keep in mind Mister is just a cat (even if he looks more like a miniature cougar) and harm that comes to your target might cause him harm as well. And if you get caught outside without a body to hide in you a dead spirit floating.

Wisecracks and Bawdy Language

Wincon

You win when the
Unseelie Cabal

MOD NOTES – He can no longer by killed by Hiding behind a Unseelie Cabal member since they are his allies.

Mortimer Lindquist recruited

That visit late at Night was unexpected. More unexpected was the manner in which your life was threatened. But as much as you like and respect ghosts you don’t want to become one. Given your reputation it wasn’t hard to convince them you’d be more than happy to apply your skills to helping their cause out.

Your role has changed
!

You are now
Mortimer Lindquist, Ectomancer for the Chicagoland Mafia
!

Abilities

Easily Persuaded

Spirit Henchman
(Factional, Active) – At Night you may choose to target a player for Nightkill. If successful that player will be killed. You may use this ability in conjunction with any other Active Abilities you have.

Channeling
(Active) – You still have enough magical juice to actually contact the Dead when the need arises. At Night you may choose to target any deceased player who has not been dead more than 1 full cycle (Day and Night). If successful you will enter a QT with that player that lasts the following Day and Night.

Fleecing the Gullible

Wincon

You win when the
Chicagoland Mafia

Lovers Post Night PM –

It was a magical Night. You don’t know any other way to describe it. You may have thought you were in love before but now you know what true love really is. Despite any differences you might have in beliefs, values, or even dimension of origin one thing is clear … you can’t live without Player X.

Your role PM is now amended to include the following
Abilities

Soul Mate
(Passive) – You are now inexplicably linked with Player X. If one of you were to die the other will kill themselves due to the lack of the other in their life. So protect them at any cost.

Stolen Moments
(Passive) – You may canoodle and share sweet whispered nothings with your perfect other half HERE at any time.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1428 (isolation #63) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:30 am

I kept a quasi Diary of my thoughts as the game progressed. It was a fun experience and I will probably do it every game.

Evolving Mod Notes – The Dresden Files Mafia

Pre-Game
:

Why this game is a Bastard Game:

1. Mafia Wildcard – a role that has access to both Mafia QTs (and thus knows the identity of all the Mafia in the game) makes this Number 1 with a bullet. Yes, it isn’t as bad as Infiltrator type roles but it still is probably not expected.
2. Surprise Killers – The Mason pair who can turn into either an impossible to kill aside from lynch Serial Killer or a very tough to kill Modified Serial Killer (who can win with anyone) after being confirmed Town is bastard for all parties involved.
3. Millers not told they are Millers. Duh.
4. Townies not told they are recruitable by Scum. Duh.
5. A number of other lies or misleading language in role PMs – the Cops aren’t explicitly told they only work on half the scum, Michael Carpenter is a Fruit Vendor, etc.

I was amused by Shmugen’s rather prescient “SOMEDAY I will be masons or mafia with Tierce/Vi.” made in his confirmation PM. Also the fact that he said his Bulletproof status would probably not work is funny given it only works on half the kills.

Day 1
:

So Klick as an Investigation Immune role asks for a Serial Killer and Miller fake-claim for both her actual role and her safe-name. WTF is that?

Not sure why ICENinja drew such a quick L-1 wagon. Yes his “smartest post gets votes” response was rather touchy but not something I would have voted.

Vi’s poist 6 from the Masons QT is a nice early read on kortul-scum.

It is interesting to see how people react to GreyICE. Early on he was “OMG, ICENinja claimed scum” and called out the jasonT1981 counterwagon as terrible. Yet he softly hops of the ICENinja wagon to vote pidgey for whatever minor reason and has said nothing now that the jasonT wagon really took off.

sword_of_omens sent me a very entertaining PM. As Harry Dresden he has a pretty awesome role and Bastard paranoia is working on him. He’s thinking about all the ways that his powers could backfire. And he’s really creative in doing so – He’s worried his Soulgaze reveals his identity to his target and that if he kills a human the White Council will kill him (both very reasonable hidden mechanics IMO, just not implemented). It will be interesting to see how strongly he lets paranoia possibly blunt the strongest Town role in the game.

ICENinja’s 208 is legitimately such a terrible point I don’t understand how it came from him. It’s been awhile since we played together (way, way back in Wolframhart’s Mini Normal and in a Newbie Game at least a year ago) but I remember him as being a more solid player than this.

Sword’s 241 is a great catch on Grey – he’s contradicted himself accidentally. Sword once again impresses me with his reads. I need to watch his reads if we play in a game together again.

AAANNNNNDD CKD has just made the decision to side with the Chicagoland Mafia and out himself to them. Not the decision I would have made but let’s see where it goes …

So CKD is now getting pressure and has requested an Anti-Cult fake-claim. That’s an interesting move given I specifically said ‘No Cults’ in the Sign-up thread. He did mention it in the Unseelie QT so let’s see if anyone prompts him of that fact. Even for a Bastard game with me as the Mod I think an Anti-Cult role in a game without Cults is stretching it.

Kimor is really risking getting lynched for being so passive / reactive.

As of Vote Count 1.10 scum are being voted by 12 of the 18 votes. That’s a sign that scum is doing it wrong.

Shamrock’s , specifically “I also still dislike CKD's hop on the GreyICE wagon. It looks incredibly forced to me, although honestly I could see them being scum together if CKD thought that GreyICE really did slip and that he had no choice but to bus there.”, literally nails it right on the head. Nice read there.

ICENinja’s should be spurring him to look closer at Klick. Because from my spoiled vantage point he is clearly trying to provide a minimum of content. Which is not Pro-Town.

I find it ironic that 3 days to the extended deadline and the top three voting wagons are the ENTIRE Unseelie Cabal team. And as of the Vote Count at 615 every vote in the game that is currently active is on the Unseelie Cabal in totality. I had to stop myself from chuckling as I made that Vote Count. Not a good start to the game for one Mafia Faction.

This whole “I’m a Daycop and have a Nightkill” debacle that Klick got going really has me pretty much back on the “Mod Blacklist” him train of thought. There was no reason to pull that when he did and frankly all these rather absurd fake-claims he has concocted as a Investigation Immune player with the best natural cover available (Karrin Murphy) and his early QT “Lulz lets all claim Millers” shows me he either isn’t capable or doesn’t care about the effort I put into this game.

So now CKD spilled the beans to Thor. See CKD … this is why choosing the team with Klick early on just because they were active wasn’t the best of ideas … Thor and GreyICE would have made a KILLER group to work with.

Day 1 ends with a lynch on absentee GreyICE. Town did very well today with mostly scum drawing the lion’s share of serious suspicions.

Night 1
-

In a PM to me discussing his thoughts and possible Night action sword sent me the following line

“Although, if Stefan gets killed tonight i'm going to hate myself... and blame it all on you, of course...”

He had considered protecting StefanB but opted to do something else. Had he protected Stefan it would have been successful and quite possibly Thor would have been lynched (although scum would have found sword’s identity through Thor’s Watch).

Fatlikepig missed a chance to catch all the scum on the GreyICE wagon by not using the Sensus last Night. Being able to power-lynch / sort claims off that wagon would have been a goldmine.

Day 2

ICENinja seems to be completely confused by the fact flavor doesn’t neatly tie to the books. Can’t wait to see his reaction to Konowa’s flip / claim.

Klick’s ususual play Day 1 is catching up with both scum teams today. Only players getting any sort of focus are Thor and Klick.

I love the whole discussion about “Not knowing purple as Town = scum” given that I provided it fully in for everyone to see. All those who went “Huh, what alignment” are Town as of the moment they posted it.

As of Thor is at L-2 and has never requested a fake-claim. Interesting to see how that works out for him.

So now that SOO has outed his Fairy information Klick looks to be on the ropes. He basically threatening to out Thor as he goes down for fear that CKD will side with Thor (which is a valid fear, as it stands since CKD is working close with Thor in the QT). CKD sent me a freak-out PM. I didn’t respond then because it really would interfere with the game flow but here is my summarized thoughts –

“Dear CKD,

I understand that you feel like things are falling apart with Klick threatening to take out Thor as he goes to lynch. That is a totally valid fear as it reduces the already weakened power of scum in general and reduces your chances of winning. That said – this should be a lesson that you probably shouldn’t have made such an early commitment to one side and spilled the beans. Frankly I think Klick’s “Lets all claim Millers for Lulz” early on should have been a big warning sign about the kind of play to expect from him. You didn’t heed those and were more worried about Daytalk in the early stages of Day 1 and I think it cost you.

Sorry it turned out this way but I wouldn’t have chosen the route you did.”

So SOO sent me another funny “Here’s my thoughts PM”. I am really enjoying them and wanted to share this particular bit that again made me chuckle …

“Meanwhile...Pidgey looks scummy as hell this game”

He’s managed to single out the player who sent him the Fairy information that helped nail Klick … :D

SOO’s information did indeed out Klick and get him to self-hammer. I’m curious what Klick’s bomb “Thor is aligned with GreyICE, his partner told me so” will elicit. On one hand it is a Bastard game. On the other hand you have “Dying Scum WIFOM”.

Night 2

So in the Mason QT 32 Tierce has pretty much worked out all the scum (Thor / CKD / has kortul in the pool), even if it is for some questionable reasons (Klick being partners with Thor?). Interesting to see if they do end up dying.

Early Night actions by scum look to be a wash. They aren’t killing the most dangerous roles left (Masons / ICENinja Cop) but aren’t missing a kill (CKD killed greenknight from the correct faction). If Konowa shoots scum tonight or pidgey asks a good question the game could be pretty much PoEd with the Sensus results from fatlikepig.

Day 3

I think Town has this game in the bag. The only way scum really pulls this out is a back to back combo of

1. Killing one of the Masons to add more kills to the mix and pray their kills target Town.
2. Recruiting Jason

And I don’t see the second option as likely.

The day ends with a whimper when Konowa hammers (I would guess to not drag things out of Thanksgiving). Frankly with the remaining bits of the set-up I would guess scum really have no chance to win as the obvious kill choice is Sixty who unleashes ABR as a killer against only kortul.

Night 3

I think kortul’s decision to NOT kill the Mason is going to cost him this late in the game when claims start flowing in. Although those that know Dresden flavor might go for his Morgan flavor.

Tierce posted the following in the Mason QT (43) and I literally laughed out loud

“So if we die Tonight, good luck, and avenge us.”

If only she knew how spot on this throwaway line is to the set-up.

And unless something changes the Night actions are going to pretty much assure a Town victory. Both kortul and Konowa’s kills are going to fail and Sixty is going to get the “Untargettable” potion from fatlikepig.

Day 4

If a mass-claim does happen I think it pretty much screws kortul big-time. Too many players in the “Meh, maybe scum” pool have claims that can clear them to enough of a degree I see him left holding the bag.

From post 11 in the Channeling QT per ICENinja

"I honestly have NO idea how I died, though. I literally can't think of a single character who kills or was killed in the first couple books via a broken neck. My best guess is redscum sent in a kill from Hendrix, who is a bodyguard built like a linebacker. I suppose it's reasonable to say he would break someone's neck as opposed to shooting someone (which he did indeed do in the first book, so blah)."

This is some first class flavor analysis. Too bad it came after he died :D

I really wonder if Sixty’s “JasonT is confirmed Town” talk might influence a shot in that direction by kortul to “silence the fairy”? It seems like a stretch with Masons still out there but it would be a huge swing in his favor. The other option would be to Jailkeep pidgey to prevent the Fairy from going out. Very interested to see where kortul goes with his Nighttime decision based on the claims and what he knows.

At pidgey really nails the Duality Conceit I was going for in the game with his spot on assessment of how the Carmichael / Mac Bulletproof worked. It should be an insight into how the game as a whole was structured if anyone wanted to run with it.

Night 4

Make or break time for kortul. He doesn’t make the right combination of moves (Jailkeeping to keep Town from getting too much information, killing one of either Jason or less beneficially ABR) and his side has zero chance of victory.

Actually the one thing he has going for him from Night 3 was that Sword missed his action there. He would have True Investigated Sixty and confirmed her Town. As it stands with Sixty using the Escape potion if Sword tries tonight he gets nada and loses his ability for Night 5.

Day 5

And today is just a formality. A shame so much of the fun of the set-up never got to see the light of day.

@Shamrock
re – No, you were completely correct to not trust that you actually are a Doctor. The weasel wording was definitely there for a reason.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1429 (isolation #64) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:36 am

For the record I still have no idea why Jason thinks he was only 1-shot. He could have used his ability every Night.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1431 (isolation #65) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:54 am

Too bad jason and fatlikepig didn't know to signal that they could be recruited ... :P

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1472 (isolation #66) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:22 am

So someone in the Dead QT (I think it was StefanB) asked me a couple of questions about how long this game took to create and what my favorite role was.

This set-up has been a long time coming. I originally started actually putting ‘pen to paper’ as it were in December of 2011 but had been percolating the idea around in my brain for at least a couple of months beyond that. The Dresden series I find to be the perfect stomping ground for Mafia games. You have the nice mixture of genres (fantasy, detective), a very large cast of characters, and any number of characters who nicely blur the lines between Dull Hero and Stereotypical Villain.

Originally the set-up was going to be Large-r. There were several elements that got axed over time - the StreetWolves originally were to be a three player “Shared Vig” similar to the Angry Mob from ElectricBadger’s Mini Theme. Marcone was originally slated to be the Chicagoland Doc (using his criminal influence to call off hits). However the back to back crashes (that occurred while I was running Final Fantasy 6 Mafia) resulted in me reassessing how large a game I wanted to run. The game got downsized and elements dropped or re-assigned.

Duality (which I mentioned in the Dead QT) is the word that defines this set-up. Each Mafia team had an information role, an Investigation Immune member, a blocking role, and a way to defeat secondary Town powers (Tracker and protection, specifically). Town had mirroring roles revolving around the two Mafia factions – there were Cops for each (Zdenek and ICENinja), Docs for each (Dresden and ICEninja), Bulletproofs for reach (Shumgen and greenknight), Millers for each (Konowa and greenknight), and recruitables for each (fatlikepig and jasonT1981). Once it became public that there were two factions I expected there to be re-assessment by every player about what their role actually did. This is a case where reading into the flavor of the role PMs would pay off. And I think it was successful as Shamrock, Vi and ICENinja all made comments at some point driven by the flavor that led the to correct assessments of hidden elements of the game.

Interestingly in set-up review their was never that much worry at all that Town was over-powered. In fact the sentiment among the reviewers was that if anything scum still probably was slightly favored but the set-up was so swingy it was really going to be hard to balance. And the actual result bore that out – Town steam-rolling scum on Dayplay rendered whatever worries about scum being over-powered moot.

Fun fact – this is the first time Town has won a set-up of mine.

As to the what my favorite role in this game is – I can’t say I can have just one.

I love the Mafia Wildcard. I think it is a pretty unique spin on the Informed Minority concept – a player who has more information than anyone else but is also at once more vulnerable than any other scum player and still has every reason to play to a scum Wincon. I’m sad the CKD took the route he did with it in claiming to one side so early and outing both sides to the other. I think, as things go, that is to my mind the weakest possible way to utilize that role and I was hoping for more from such a veteran player.

I also very much love the ‘boring Vanilla Masons’ who were poised to be the Worst Nightmare of every other player (Sixty’s role) or of the players who killed Sixty (ABR’s role). In fact I actually prefer Tera as a nice Wincon alternative to the standard Serial Killer. I personally think alternate Wincon roles are very under-utilized here on Mafia-scum.

I probably had the most fun writing flavor and abilities for secondary characters (specifically both bulletproof roles and Bob when recruited) who had something I could exploit in having some fun.

--

kortul wrote: MoI, after sensor result was outed, i was stuck anyway. Killing FLP would confirm the result, and blocking pidgey is useless - everyone would decide that scum got the result and decided to keep silent. My chance was to find traitor in a "cleared" pool - then either pidgey Fairy will report that FLP was wrong (and i will be saved in process), or Fairy will report that FLP was right (and traitor will have chances to win the game).

I get what you are saying but from a Mod Spoiled perspective you were making your moves way too late. For example – by the time you actually decided to kill Sixty you were aware via fatlikepig’s claim that the Escape potion existed in the game. I’m surprised you didn’t even factor that in as a workable Doc Protect possibility.

Furthermore Jason was not getting lynched with Sixty basically calling him confirmed Town. So once you died (which was going to happen) I think a large “Hmmm … two blue and two red flipped” outguessing would have taken over. For example – Tierce said she was paranoid that The Nightmare was missing. Had jasonT’s “Scared to death” flavor started showing up that probably would have fueled the fire on her thoughts and jason’s ability was one of the few absolutely proven (via his information from ICENinja) and thus likely not a secondary Serial Killer ability.

I’m not saying your choices were bad. If anything I think you already being screwed by the sensor made you rush those choices.

--

Shamrock wrote: Hah, I would draw the one secret VT in a role madness game.

Yeah. I saw how you were ‘protecting’ Sixty and was waiting for them to get snuffed early and you basically throw tons of explictives my way when your protection failed. :D

--

ICENinja wrote: A question for MoI...what result would I have gotten had I investigated Sells? Would he have come back not guilty (and thus make my investigation role actually negative, being that I can accidentally clear/incorrectly convict more people than I can actually get a guilty on meaning my investigation was actually ANTI-TOWN)?

Had you investigated Sells you would have gotten a result of Not Guilty. You only successfully investigated those aligned with the Chicagoland Mafia (or the Miller to that faction). Your role was not intended to be ‘strong’ – in fact the option to Doc protect someone should have, to some degree, signaled this. Why give you an option that logically you would very rarely choose (Docs are overall much weaker for Town than Cops) unless your investigation was not all that powerful? Additionally the fact that you were a split Doc / Cop also should have strengthened this – why give the Cop (usually the target for protection) what you might expect to be the only means of protection?

Dresden was the strong Town investigative role in the game – his normal investigation caught both factions and his enhanced protection caught everyone including the Serial Killers while avoiding the Millers. Both you and Zdenek were quasi-useful Cops with quasi-useful secondary skills.

ICENinja wrote: AND FUCK YOU FOR MAKING KARRIN SCUM OMG. WE AREN'T FRIENDS ANYMORE. Jk <3

Yeah, I expected this sort of reaction to Karrin’s flip (and expected something similar if Konowa ever flipped too) :D

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1495 (isolation #67) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:04 am

I’m glad so many of you enjoyed the game! It was a labor of love and I’m happy how it turned out.

--

@Thor
– Read the series. It’s worth it. Don’t let ASOFAI discourage you from taking on another good series. The one thing I will say about the Dresden Files is that it is a much easier read. Not in, say, a Harry Potter "My eight year old does fine with it" way but in a "Don't need a flow chart and multiple diagrams to keep track of every character and plotline" way. I know I am going to get some flack for this but I can’t get into ASOFIA. I’ve taken three different cracks at Game of Thrones. And I can’t really get past the first 50 pages. For lack of a better term the writing is just too dense for me. I really don’t have time these days where I can just sit down with no distractions. Too much else going on in my household. It’s a similar phenomenon to me with the Wheel of Time series – I stopped reading at book 3 – and later Stephen King books. There is something to be said for lack of density (yes, I am well aware of the irony of me writing that).

I agree with Tierce that calling Denton a werewolf hunting role makes little sense in terms of the series and what I ended up doing with the game. I disagree with her in that I can see Billy as a Watcher role very easily for the reasons you gave (patrols and such).

That said – I didn’t expect you to ask for a fake-claim in wanting help in forming your claim. Like in Faraday games with a heavy theme I expect you would want it for all the secondary flavor elements you might be expected to provide.

--

Vi wrote: Too easy to screw up. Kinetic famously broke Babylon 5 Mafia thanks to that, and nobody's quite sure what Kublai Khan was doing to fulfill his alt. Win Condition in XABC but that didn't work out as planned (as much as anything in that game was planned) either.

Meh. Having come long ago from a land where Alt-wins flew fast and free (some fantastically great, others no so much) I think the design space is under-utilized.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1497 (isolation #68) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:57 am

You don't have to read them all at the same time :P

I forget where I am in the Series (it is somewhere around book 9 or 10). I'm slowly catching up with Mr. Butcher but am not in a rush to do so.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”