fatlikepig - Bob, Inventing Spirit of Some Trades

pidgey - Toot-toot, Limited Amnesiac Oracle

Shamrock - Michael Carpenter, Praying Knight

Konowa - "Gentleman" Johnny Marcone, 'Honorable' Miller Vigilante

Albert B. Rampage - Tera West, Wolfwere Mason

jasonT1981 - Mortimer Lindquist, Ectomancer

* = Number of prods received.
+ = Number of anti-prods banked.

On the Wrong Side of the Conflict (Dead)

Spoiler: Here There Be Bodies ...
GreyICE - Bianca St. Claire, Investigation Immune Roleblocker for the Unseelie Cabal
was lynched Day 1.

StefanB - Parker, Action Attractor
had his heart explode Night 1.

Zdenek - Susan Rodriguez, Tracking Cop
was repeatedly shot Night 1.

Klick - Karrin Murphy, Investigation Immune PowerCop for the Chicagoland Mafia
was lynched Day 2

greenknight - Thomas Raith, Bulletproof Miller
was mauled Night 2.

ICENinja - Detective Ron Carmichael, Investigating Protected Bodyguard
had his neck broken Night 2.

Thor - Victor "Shadowman" Sells, Watcher for the Unseelie Cabal
was executed Night 2.

curiouskar
madog
-
FBI Age
nt Denton
2 Shot Ninja
2 Shot Strongman
Mafia
Wildcard
was lynched Day 3.

Shumugen - ‘Mac’ MacAnally, Bulletproof Townie
was lynched Day 4.

kortul - Hendricks, Jailkeeper for the Chicagoland Mafia
has been lynched Day 5.

Sold Their Soul(Mod-killed)

Spoiler: Here Lie Gruesome Details
None so far, let’s keep it that way!

Calling for Back-up (Replacements)

1. WrathChild (under 50 pages)
2. DDD (Day 3 or later)
3. You could be here!

Links to Important Events

Pre-Game
: . .
Day 1
: . . .
Day 2
Day 3
: .
Day 4
Day 5

Current Deadline

None. The game is complete.

Sample Generic Town Win-Con

You win all the threats to Town are defeated and one Town player remains alive, or when nothing can prevent that from occurring.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:01 am, edited 28 times in total.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:13 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Rules – long ago stolen from Kdub.

General Rules

A1) The mod's decisions are final.
A2) If you feel that I have made a mistake or otherwise have questions, you may send me a PM or post a bolded message in thread like this -
Mod: (message)
A3) You may not discuss this game outside of the game thread unless your role allows you to. This includes PMs, emails, QTs, AIM and other instant messaging services, or any other form of communication be it written, verbal, telepathic, or any other possibilities. This includes 'Rant buddies'. Want to rant? Pm me ... I enjoy reading them.
A4) You may not discuss other games still in progress in this game thread, even if you are dead in that game.
A5) If you are dead, you may not post in the game thread or communicate with living players about the game. This
includes
Bah posts.
A6) You may not quote or pretend to quote private communications with the mod or other players. You may paraphrase but if in my judgment it is too close to a quote you may be subject to punishment. You may not make reference to timing of any communication provided by the Mod to you in thread or any other means of communication.
A7) You may not post in invisible, small, or encrypted text. A good rule of thumb on stenography – if the average person could not see the intended message when told how it was created or if the stenography requires outside of thread resources (language translation, etc) it isn’t acceptable.
A8) You may not edit any posts even if you have the power to do so.
A9) Please do not post in
purple
text. This is my mod color. The only exception is use of purple in a VC analysis to distinguish players whose alignment has already been publicly provided.
A10) Breaking any rules may result in penalties, up to and including modkill. If you are modkilled, you may or may not lose the game, even if your faction eventually wins based on the Mod's discretion. I will decide whether or not modkills end the day.
A11) Do not post from any account other than the one active in the game. Infractions will result in penalties even if no advantage for your faction appears to be gained.
A12) I reserve the right to add or modify rules or make exceptions to any existing rules if I feel there is a situation that requires the mod to intervene.

Voting

B1) Votes must be bolded like this:
Vote: Playername
. Use of the Vote Tags is encouraged.
B2)
Unvotes
are appreciated but not required. For an unvote to count it must be in bold. Again, use of the Vote Tags is encouraged.
B3) A lynch will occur when one player has the majority of the available votes for the day. A majority is defined as half the total living players in the game, rounded down, plus 1 additional vote.
B4) If at deadline no player has achieved a majority of votes a no-lynch will occur.
B5) Once a player has the majority of votes needed for a lynch, the lynch is final and further Votes and Unvotes will not be recognized.
B6) You may
Vote: No-lynch
. A no-lynch will occur when the at least half of the votes available in a given day are cast for “no-lynch”.
B7) I will interpret the intent of anything that appears to be a vote at my own personal discretion. If it looks to me as a valid attempt to vote with some technical deficiency (a misspelled or shortened name, a misspelling of vote, etc.) then I will treat it as a valid vote. Votes cast by alternate accounts will be considered valid.

Deadlines and Activity

C1) The first Day will have an initial deadline of 2.5 weeks (18 days). After that point each Day will last 2 weeks (14 days) when more than 7 players are alive. Each Day will last 1.5 weeks (11 days) when less than 8 players are alive.
C2) Days will not officially end until the Mod locks the thread, regardless of whether a player has accumulated enough votes to be lynched or the deadline has passed. Players may continue to post until then.
C3) Night phases will last for 48-72 hours from the time the thread is locked at the end of Day. Night actions must be submitted within 48 hours to be guaranteed to be accepted. The next Day will start at the earliest possible time after the 48-72 hour period has expired.
C4) If a Night action is not submitted, no action will be taken.
C5) If a replacement is needed during a Night phase, I will extend the Night deadline when a replacement is found regardless of whether the player being replaced has a night action or not. This may be waived if the replacement feels that they have sufficient time to do a full-catchup and take any necessary Night actions.
C6) I will try to prod players when they have not posted for 48 hours. Players may also request prods on other players that may be granted if the Mod feels they are reasonable. All prods will be announced in thread.
C7) If a player does not respond to a prod within 24 hours, or if they need to be prodded too often, they will be replaced. This will be up to the discretion of the mod. Player requested prods will not count towards this rule. A good rule of thumb on activity … if you have more prods than Days the game has gone on (after Day 1) or need to be prodded more than twice in a Day you are likely to be replaced.
C8) The Mod also grants anti-prods to players who do not need to be prodded during one complete Day who are not V/LA more than 40% of the possible Days.
C9) If you will be unable to post for over 48 hours, inform the Mod through PM or in the game thread. All V/LA notifications will be made public by the Mod unless the player has already done so.
C10) I will try to post vote counts at least once every 24 to 48 hours. Players may request a new vote count at any time and one will be provided at the earliest opportunity by the Mod. Note that I will not post multiple vote counts on the same thread page unless there is a significant game reason to do so.

Sportsmanship

D1) Remember, mafia is a team game. Always play to win.
D2) Don’t be a jerk. This includes spamming the thread unnecessarily and attacking other players personally. Behavior that personally offends my sensibilities will result in warnings or punishment that does not benefit your affiliation’s interest based on the severity of the transgression. Consider this your fair warning. Note – This rule
WILL
be enforced.
D3) Treat this game as a commitment and try to stay active out of fairness to the other players.
D4) You may NOT claim to be scum partners with another player. Feel free to claim being scum independent of your partners if you wish. Violating this rule even in jest will likely result in Modkill.

Other Notes about this Setup and Game

E1) This game is a
Bastard
game. You all were required to agree that you acknowledge this when signing up for the game or replacing in.
E2) All Night actions will be resolved using a Modified Version of Natural Action Resolution. Remember the golden rule involving NAR … the timing list only comes into play when a direct conflict occurs. In the eventuality that a conflict arises that Natural Action Resolution cannot resolve the Mod reserves the right to make a decision based on his personal goals that went into the game design.
E3) If there is a conflict between the rules and what is written in a player's role PM, the role PM language takes precedence.
E4) Players with multiple choices for active night actions may only perform one active action per night unless otherwise stated in the role PM. Factional abilities are not considered Active for this purpose.
E5) Non-investigative type roles with an Active ability will not be told if their action was successful or not. Investigative roles will be told something along the lines of "No Result" if their action was unsuccessful.
E6) Protective abilities block the first normal applicable kill attempt unless explicitly stated otherwise.
E7) Expect the unexpected. Do not assume that standard expectations are applicable to the game.
E8) All QTs will be made public at game’s completion. Don’t say anything in there that you would not want being aired in public.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:14 am

Prelude

Who does Harry Dresden think he is? I know he’s some blah blah powerful Wizard and member of the White Council but that doesn’t mean he gets to just ignore me whenever I want to learn something a little bit advanced or have something I think is important. I may be a small talent in his eyes but I'm useful.

This courtyard is awfully dark and deserted … you would think for a business district more of these stores would be open even at this hour. Even with the economy in the toilet things aren’t this bad.

I hope my contact gets here soon. The fall wind is a bit chilly even with my coat. They are already 15 minutes late. I wonder if I’m getting stood up?

Huh? What was that sound? I thought I heard the sound of a door opening but I can’t see anything. Maybe I should move closer to the lightpole over there. No, I’m just being foolish. I’m not a child like Harry treats me. I’m a grown woman and more than capable of taking care of myself.

There it is again. It’s coming from over by that coffee shop. I should go take a closer look. Hmmm … no-one here at all. Why am I getting goose-bumps?

Suddenly excruciating pain surges through my body. I feel myself falling to the ground. I feel a warm trickle of blood flow against my cheek. My visions blurs. In a detached way I realize I am dying. A figure steps into my line of sight but I can’t see clearly who it is.

My last thoughts flow through my mind as my vision goes black – Harry was right … I never stood a chance!

Trumpet of Doom – Kim Delany, Pre-Game Plot Device
was killed because MagnaofIllusion is a capricious and cruel GM.

Welcome to
The Dresden Files Books 1 to 3 Mafia
, Trumpet of Doom!

You are
Kim Delaney, Pre-Game Plot Device
!

Harry Dresden … who does he think he is? First he refuses to teach you really cool stuff like Greater Circles. Now he’s instructed you that you are relegated to the sidelines for this game. Damn White Council know-it-all ….

Abilities
-

Study of the Arcane
(Passive) – You may vote to lynch each Day.

Wincon

You win all the threats to Town are defeated and one Town player remains alive, or when nothing can prevent that from occurring.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:14 am

Role PMs are going out now!

All Role PMs have been sent. The game now enters Confirmation. The game will officially start when 15/18 players have confirmed by PM.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:11 am

15 of 18 slots have confirmed.

Day 1 begins now!

Vote Count 1.0 - As of post 4

Not Voting (18) - Shmugen, GreyICE, Sixty, kortul, ICENinja, sword_of_omens, Kimor, fatlikepig, pidgey, Shamrock, Klick, Konowa, Zdenek, greenknight, curiouskarmadog, Albert B. Rampage, jasonT1981, StefanB

The Current deadline is Wednesday, Novemeber 7 at 10:00 am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-11-07 10:00:00).

With 18 active votes - 10 are required to lynch.

Activity Check - All currently good.

Mod Notes -
sword_of_omens is V/LA until 10-22.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:16 am

Post by Konowa »

With all the bastardry afoot, I hope we can remain civil still.

Vote: ABR

Bastard.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:48 am

Post by StefanB »

Player who was indirect responsible that I joined mafiascum.
Vote: ABR

waggon is going.
Don't replace out again.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:43 am

Post by greenknight »

Vote: MagnaofIllusion

Testing
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:49 am

Post by kortul »

VOTE: Sixty

For eating Tierce.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:59 am

Post by Shamrock »

VOTE: MagnaOfIllusion

We might as well get this out of the way.
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:47 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

VOTE: Shmugen

Name sounds evil = confirmed scum!!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:18 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I dont believe in luck

vote: Shamrock
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:02 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote: JasonT1981

This is gonna happen eventually, might as well get it out of the way.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:28 am

Post by ICEninja »

Alright I would like to point out two specific rules to everyone:
MOD wrote:
B4) If at deadline no player has achieved a majority of votes a no-lynch will occur.

and
MOD wrote:
C1) The first Day will have an initial deadline of 2.5 weeks (18 days). After that point each Day will last 2 weeks (14 days) when more than 7 players are alive. Each Day will last 1.5 weeks (11 days) when less than 8 players are alive.

We're playing under the "not sufficient vote, no lynch" rule as well as variable day lengths. I would ask everyone to be conscious of when the deadline is, and how far we are from a lynch at all times.

That being said,

Vote: GreyICE
. Please note that I am
not
voting for myself.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:33 am

Post by Zdenek »

Easy mode on.

Vote: ICEninja
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:36 am

Post by Konowa »

unvote;
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:04 am

Post by ICEninja »

Oh I see how it is, the person who makes the most intelligent post thus far gets the votes. You worried, scum, that I might be paying a little extra attention, and want to get rid of me right off the bat?
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Sixty
Sixty
Goon
Sixty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:26 am

Post by Sixty »

The most intelligent post in the game
has
been made by someone with ICE in their name, yes.

(L-7)
walr~ooooooooooo~f.
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:29 am

Post by Shmugen »

Hey.

Vote: Sixty
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:42 am

Post by StefanB »

Unvote

Vote: IceNinja

The most intellegent post in the game?
Was that don't get the 2 Iceplayers confused?
Because the rest was beeing obvious and only appering to be helpful.
Btw if you have not seen it, there is a countdown in the fourth post.
And the other role is standard.
So why are you so intellegent and great Captain Obvious?
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:10 am

Post by kortul »

In post 17, Sixty wrote:The most intelligent post in the game
has
been made by someone with ICE in their name, yes.

(L-7)
Heh, this sounds like Tierce! Maybe she isn't eaten after all :)
UNVOTE: Sixty

In post 16, ICEninja wrote:You worried, scum, that I might be paying a little extra attention, and want to get rid of me right off the bat?
Meh. So far Stefan is the one who is paying attention (besides, MoI always includes countdown in his VC posts).
In post 19, StefanB wrote:Btw if you have not seen it, there is a countdown in the fourth post.

In post 13, ICEninja wrote:
Vote: GreyICE
. Please note that I am
not
voting for myself.
Do you really think someone will misread when you are using full names? Why did you feel the need to point that specifically?

VOTE: ICEninja
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:23 am

Post by GreyICE »

This sounds fun!

Vote: ICENinja
Show