Open 457: Double Day Unlimited - GAME OVER!

CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Vote Count

[04] Venrob - Mr.K, shos, buldermar, Empking
[03] Rainbowdash - uctriton00, ChaosOmega, Empking
[03] buldermar - shos, ChaosOmega, Venrob
[01] ChaosOmega - Voidedmafia
[01] shos - ChaosOmega
[01] Mr.K - Venrob
[01] Empking - Rainbowdash

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline is in (expired on 2012-11-02 15:00:00).
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 98, uctriton00 wrote:If I hear the word "suboptimal" or any fancy city-folk words like that I am going to go nuts.
Would you prefer "sub optimum"?
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:23 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Going off experience, the best things I've done as a townie is to just listen to other people's suspicions.

Vote: Venrob
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:48 am

Post by CF Riot »

Vote Count

[05] Venrob - Mr.K, shos, buldermar, Empking, uctriton00

[03] Rainbowdash - uctriton00, ChaosOmega, Empking
[03] buldermar - shos, ChaosOmega, Venrob
[01] ChaosOmega - Voidedmafia
[01] shos - ChaosOmega
[01] Mr.K - Venrob
[01] Empking - Rainbowdash

Venrob
has been lynched. He was a
vanilla townie

It is now Day 1b. All votes have been cleared.
With 8 alive it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline is in (expired on 2012-11-06 12:00:00)
Last edited by CF Riot on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:50 am

Post by uctriton00 »

>_>
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:53 am

Post by shos »

way to hammer nonchalantly?!
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:57 am

Post by shos »

VOTE: uctriton00

wtf, he hasn't posted for 2 days, only 5 posts all game, wtf.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:57 am

Post by shos »

VOTE: uctriton00

wtf, he hasn't posted for 2 days, only 5 posts all game, wtf.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:59 am

Post by Empking »

Mod: Do we have to revote?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:03 am

Post by CF Riot »

As per rule [04], upon lynch all votes are cleared.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Welp, I can see that some amount of stupidity is the name of the game here--that being the stupidity of hammering like that and not allowing Venrob to post.

Vote: uctriton
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:30 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Rainbow
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:31 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

vote shos

Much better path with venrob being town.

And you laughed when I said "most ponies arent to be trusted logic wise". Uticon is still null, ugly hammer but way blown out of porportion - Venrob lynch wasnt going anywhere and there were far worse wagons that for some reason had wheels.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:35 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 111, Empking wrote:

And this is supposed to do what, now?

Vote: Empking
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:35 am

Post by shos »

blown out of proportions? are you aware that the guy hammered him before he even had a chance to respond? before he posted 6 posts in the entire game? and SO QUICKLY INTO D1?? you have to be either reaaaaaalllllly stupid to do that(no offense yes?) or plain scum opportunist. he didn't even think that venrob was scum - he plainly said that 'from experience' sheeping is the best(???).

and quit it with the ponies, this freaks my out >_>

Also I got a townread on Voidedmafia from that flip.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:43 am

Post by Empking »

In post 113, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 111, Empking wrote:

And this is supposed to do what, now?

Vote: Empking

And that's supposed to do what, now? [/wit]

Venrob's flip doesn't reflect well on RD so I'm simply re-voting.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:49 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 114, shos wrote:blown out of proportions? are you aware that the guy hammered him before he even had a chance to respond? before he posted 6 posts in the entire game? and SO QUICKLY INTO D1?? you have to be either reaaaaaalllllly stupid to do that(no offense yes?) or plain scum opportunist. he didn't even think that venrob was scum - he plainly said that 'from experience' sheeping is the best(???).

Absolutely.

While its not great play to quickhammer, a lot of the normal issues with it are removed in this setup because you cant hit a power role or anything of the sort. If you actually think the slot is scum, not much is wrong with it. While I completely disagree with the hammer, I actually can understand it a little. Bad play =/= scum, Venrob proved that for us early.

and quit it with the ponies, this freaks my out >_>

Emp might be town since he actually is seeing this for what it is too.
You don't earn
loyalty
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:02 am

Post by shos »

So what you're saying is that it is very legitimate for scum to quickhammer at any time. you understand. it's not great but there's nothing wrong in shutting a person up before he manages to speak.

VOTE: Rainbowdash

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:28 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 117, shos wrote:So what you're saying is that it is very legitimate for scum to quickhammer at any time. you understand. it's not great but there's nothing wrong in shutting a person up before he manages to speak.

Okay yeah. You are definantly scum.

First, you are voting me because you disagree with me saying the hammer is a null tell. Second, you left him at L-1 and continued to call him scum and even jumped on ME when I started backing off calling him scum because the tell worked the way I thought it would. Third, you really went with a pick and choose for game events throughout that first day. You never mentioned the fact that his votes were out of order untill I did, and then used that tell very poorly (likely ment scum with VM or town) and when I explained why a tell was null attacked me for it. You even looped to trying to make me think he was scum for something I initally pointed out. Plus you initally jump on Venrob for a massive null tell.

The problem is that you say "vote remains until I get answers" but did you really expect to get any different answer at that point then what VM gave? I sure didnt expect anything different. If he was town, thats what he was going for. If he was scum, its a logical coverup. The tell when explained by VM was shown as null (again) unless VM was also scum. You pushed on him hard for multiple null tells, while being super interested in one completely ignored a major part of it, and then complain when he gets lynched?

You are scum here. Your votes are entrecnched in null tells and hypocrasy as you try to continue to attack for disgreeing with you.
You don't earn
loyalty
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:41 am

Post by shos »

are you kidding me?
I was the second voter. I was not the one who put him at L-1, and even then, I do not have to unvote in such a case. pressure is good; I was expecting him to answer you know, perhaps you skipped my post of LETS WAIT FOR HIM TO SAY WHY HE VOTED THAT WAY. don't you dare blame me for the fact that he quickhammered.
You were not the one who said it was out of order; you asked him why he voted in that order, you didn't say which. *I* was the one who compared that order to the list at the first post, and I was pursuing that later too. even so, what would it matter if it was you who brought it up? you never kept pushing anything. you keep saying that bla bla null tell bla bla null tell; well I clearly specified(among others too) that I do NOT think it is a null tell, and, once again, I WAITED FOR HIM TORESPOND. are you seriously saying that a quickhammer on a person before he gets the chance to explain is a legit idea? cuz if so that's a reaaaaally really dumb pony.

you say that the problem is that I waited till I get answers? does it matter if I expected any answers? even if he came in and said 'my dog shit on my keyboard and this is how it went out' it would be better than just a quickhammer. it just robs the town of information. I wasn't expecting VM's answer, and I wasn't expecting any other answer. I wasn't expecting, period. the thought is 'lets see what he has to say and react' and not pre-think anything he might say.

the 'tell' was not showen as null by VM, since the question wasn't directed at him. it's like me asking you why your mother thinks that ponies are cats. you cannot answer this correctly, only your mother can. anything you might guess about it - is completely unrelated.

You're probably just not getting me correct. I'm not angry that he got lynched. I'm angry that he got QUICKLYNCHED.

uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:56 am

Post by uctriton00 »

I hammered because I was going on a hunch. "Yeah that's probably nothing" was my instinct. But I went against it since my experience as a VT I can't get any reads correct (Micro 1365, pegged 3 people as mafia, got all wrong; Micro 28 pegged 2 people as mafia, got them all wrong; both games I was a vanilla townie).

I questioned my instinct thinking I'm probably wrong again, and I went for the hammer. At the end of the game I'll share more reasons after.

People are wrong on mislynches; it happens. But the game isn't over.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:56 am

Post by uctriton00 »

*mini normal 1365
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:59 am

Post by uctriton00 »

shos and VM's votes on me are likely just made out of emotion, I'm not reading into them.

RBD actually downplayed the hammer, saying it's not as terrible as everyone thinks. It would be easy to jump on the anger bandwagon as scum, I'll peg him as town.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by shos »

that was probably the stupidest reason to vote in my entire life. "I was wrong that game, so I'm probably wrong here too"? seriously?

and emotion? on you? lolno. emotion *could* be said about my rainbowdash vote(wrongly) but on you, nonono. read the game it's not that long since the hammer. appears to me that your peg on rbd as town is once again wrong, lol.

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 119, shos wrote:I was the second voter. I was not the one who put him at L-1, and even then, I do not have to unvote in such a case. pressure is good; I was expecting him to answer you know, perhaps you skipped my post of LETS WAIT FOR HIM TO SAY WHY HE VOTED THAT WAY. don't you dare blame me for the fact that he quickhammered.

Very nice deflection attempt. Was hoping you would bring up the "didnt put at L-1" thing. If you are on a wagon at L-1 in a VT setup, you essentially have to be supporting it enough that it could be hammered because its argueable that its correct to simply do so if the opportunity arises.

You were not the one who said it was out of order; you asked him why he voted in that order, you didn't say which. *I* was the one who compared that order to the list at the first post, and I was pursuing that later too. even so, what would it matter if it was you who brought it up? you never kept pushing anything. you keep saying that bla bla null tell bla bla null tell; well I clearly specified(among others too) that I do NOT think it is a null tell, and, once again, I WAITED FOR HIM TORESPOND. are you seriously saying that a quickhammer on a person before he gets the chance to explain is a legit idea? cuz if so that's a reaaaaally really dumb pony.

If actually a very clever pony and will let others trap themselves. It was obvious the order was just shifted from OP with VM at the top, and just was interested to see what Venrob did without any sort of prompting on what exactly I was looking at. Thing is, unless you again were trying to argue that VM-Venrob was the team - IT WAS NULL. Venrob for some reason singled out VM, it could be because they were partners, or had some history that others didnt. Keeping it vauge increases the chance of scum trying to do something like overexplain.

What possible tell (outside of afformentioned partnership) did you see from that?

Again, quickhammer was bad but not horrible. If you are calling him scum and the tell has been essentially explained by another - you are sort of tempting a hammer from somepony on the fence. You really think it would have been explained differently by Venrob?

Basically you attacked him for null tells.

Vote all? Thats a null tell.
Out of order? Thats more or less a null tell when VM explained it.

The issue I really have with the out of order attack is that you cant explain it as to why its a scumtell when ive asked you too. Now you are attacking uticon when I really dont think anything Venrob could have said would have made you go "oh he is town" at this point. VM explained it perfectly, really the only thing Venrob could have done would have been made it look worse.

Uticon is also a bit too proactive to be scum from what ive seen of him, granted it was a sample of one game but he really shyed away from conflict in that one. His post calling everypony null, that more of what uticon-scum is, not deciding to come in and quickhammer.

VM is probably town
Bulidmar is probably town
uticon is null-town
Emp is null-town

shos is scum
Chaos is null-scum

One of those two, shos massively prefered. His OMGUS vote on me is more or less icing on the cake. His case on me essentially is I am calling Uticon town.
You don't earn
loyalty

Return to “Completed Open Games”