Dance of the Title Fairy: ORCA's Greatest Hits

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #318 (isolation #0) » Thu May 17, 2012 11:17 am

Post by mastin2 »

I also like Nurse Joy for kuribo as well.

However, I'm here for a different nomination...

Nominate Palisade for the title of "ABANDON HOPE, YE WHO ENTER!"

(Yes, with the caps and exclamation mark. :P)

It has a very loooooooong history of...well, quite frankly, bad luck. My quote, describing it?

The hydra of Palisade is...shall we say...
special

By which I mean, "cursed". :P

On our first game, it was Pine/myself as Redhead/Almond (we were anonymous at the time, hence the callsigns), and...we drew Serial Killer. Where Pine scumclaimed. Multiple times. (I think that was his first time as third party.) I had to do my best to dig us out of the holes he created for us. :P Worse, when I was on LA and really beginning to feel the stress, exactly when I needed him...Pine siteflaked, leaving me to fight on my own.

Despite a valiant effort, I by myself (as I had no backup) was eventually lynched by the scum, who knew we were a NK-immune serial killer and needed us gone in order to win. (Reck, for the curious, got scummy nom'd for his manipulation.)

Our second game (where we weren't third party! We were town), Mortal Kombat Mafia, Pine didn't get a chance to really play in, since he site-flaked (see above) just as it was starting...forcing me to play on my own until I finally gave up, realized I was too stressed, and brought in help (Twistedspoon), and then...was immediately lynched. (Scum won that game.)

Our third game (TS and I, in this case), we drew third party *again*, this time a lyncher. Where we faked a posting restriction in a game modded by Slaxx, who apparently hates posting restrictions. Yeah...we won D2 by faking a cop guilty as our only post for that day, but still, that was a stroke of luck and town incompetence more than actual play.

Shortly after that, Twistedspoon stopped playing, not to resume until after we were dead in this game.

...And then there was this game. [New York 146]

Pine and I, again.

Nacho joined.

...And then things began to go horribly wrong. Pine never really devoted much to the game at all. Nacho's computer broke. I was left effectively on my own...AGAIN...and under incredible stress. I contacted Oversoul because we were about to hydra as Ovstin, as well as former Palisade member Twistedspoon (who didn't seem interested, though I never asked directly). Oversoul accepted.

...And then bad weather hit, leaving ME effectively gone and OVERSOUL on his own.

...And then shortly after that, Oversoul HIMSELF had computer issues of some kind AS WELL.

That's not including Nacho coming back only to leave again.

And the only reason we weren't lynched day one was because of the modkill, causing us to be lynched day two.

...You can't get much worse luck in a hydra than THAT. :P

Hence, cursed.

As a final piece of Irony, for Team Mafia, The Colonnades' working team name was Team Palisade...and we didn't get in. Not by a longshot, in fact. I was gone, Oversoul sent it in, Thor sent it in even later than Oversoul did, and Nacho was also somewhere else. Meaning we had bad luck AGAIN in regards to being able to play.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #320 (isolation #1) » Thu May 17, 2012 11:23 am

Post by mastin2 »

If it were an alt, sure, but it's a hydra.

Besides, I definitely think it's noteworthy given the history behind the name. Heck, there's probably more to it than the above which I simply have forgot to mention.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1065 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:15 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1064, Umbrage wrote:
Nth I AM A GOD and Ladies' Man.
^This. Liked both, think both seem like good titles, because beyond their in-game reasons they can be applied to the players as well. (Not the best way of wording it, but you get the idea--I think they fit, and I think they give context beyond the reason for the title nominations, which make the titles all the more enjoyable.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1173 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:13 am

Post by mastin2 »

For the record, I like Om's title, and I don't feel as if it was "forced down our throats" by Om.
He was being nom'd.
He thought of a better title, and suggested it.
People liked the new suggestion better.

He didn't start the discussion, nor did he force it. He merely suggested a better alternative to the discussion already going on.

If you made a title nom for anyone else following that same process, there'd be no problem. Someone being nom'd. Om thinks of something better, and suggests it. People like the new suggestion better. No problem.

So why is this a problem? He didn't start the discussion; he simply contributed his voice to it, and seeing as how it was HIS TITLE being discussed, shouldn't he be ALLOWED to contribute his own voice?
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1437 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:06 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1436, kdowns wrote:Title Fairy?
What kind of title suggestion is that?!? :P
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Player Titles”