Micro 66 - Robo's F11 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Post by Mitillos »

Gah, fine. But if he keeps prod dodging and not contributing absolutely anything, I'll expect you to lead his lynch. After all, as you just said, you know he does this as scum.

Unvote

Vote: GNR

The main reason is his 183. It seems like he's trying to push a specific example of his play with PM, for us to use as meta.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

@Mit: Uh, no. First, I also said that I have not seen his town play. I have heard of it, though (specifically from Mala in this game - who
has
experienced his town play), and his play this game seems to not be very alignment indicative. Second, why will I be leading the lynch? You seem to have ignored the other part of my request. Switch votes
or
convince us to vote with you. You had done very little to get others on the wagon with you. If you really want the lynch, then actually try to get it.

Now you're going for the other person who is contributing little. I can tell from your play that you disagree with lurkers, but this looks way too much like one scum partner going for a lynch, and you (the other partner) going for staying off the wagon and setting up a mislynch for the next day. I say this because it's exactly what my partner and I did in my first scum game. Have you been scum before? How many games have you completed?

As for your reasoning, Riggs offered up an example of him and PM being partners together. Unless you're referring to another time where they were partners, I don't understand how he would be trying to control how we percieve his metagame. In fact, I saw his posting that as townish rather than scummy.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Completed Games: 18

Ongoing Games: 0

Town: 8-5

Scum: 2-2

Currently Modding: 0

~Currently on a hiatus of an indefinite time period~
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Tracey: If you've seen a specific type of play by a player as being scummy, I'd expect you to take it as scummy when it's being used again. saying that "it could be town because you don't know what PMyst is like as town" seems somehow strange, to me. Additionally, PMyst as town seems to be bigger on things like RVS, from what I've read in his meta. He will happily put his random vote on someone. Perhaps as town, he does not worry about creating associative tells early on, whereas as scum, he does. I don't want to lynch him yet, because he's lurking and I think it is a terrible idea to lynch someone without giving them a chance to participate. I don't like lurkers, not because they are scum, but because if they are scum, the town can't catch them easily, due to lack of content. I want people talking first, not being lynched; that can come later. So no, I won't push for PM's lynch, yet. But if he continues to not participate, whilst not being replaced, I will certainly do so. If you don't think that you should do the same, then I'll chalk it down to a difference in idiosyncrasies.
As for Riggs, it is not about his lurkiness. As I said, it's mainly post 183. He is trying to guide us to a specific example of his meta. Lurker or not, this is scummy. Particularly with that addendum about "using that how we wish". The thing about this is that what it seems like he wants is for us to deduce that he's not scum with PMyst. If a number of people believe that PMyst is scum, this will imply that he's not PMyst's scumbuddy and therefore is not scum himself. There seems to be no reason for town to give us a specific game where he had been scum with PMyst, except as an attempt to colour our perceptions. Furthermore, he is only V/LA until Tuesday, so hopefully he won't be a lurker for long, anyway.
No, I haven't played as scum. My games are linked on my Wiki page. 3 completed, 1 ongoing with me dead, 4 ongoing with me alive. If you need more info about them, I will be happy to provide it, as long as it's not about the ongoing ones.
options
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:30 am

Post by Malakittens »

Mit, GNR feels townish lurky ness. At least he's given reads out.

Cheery, I usually give them a chance on D1, but it's not until D2 ill go after them for a lynch. They usually always turn out to be scum.

Tracey, even considered the fact the reason why scum haven't taken advantage of it because PM might actually be scum, and the other person doesn't want to bus the buddy yet?

So yah. I find it funny to me Cheery isn't hunting that much, but I have actually have reads on players. Even if you guys disagree with those reads it's there. >.>
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 228, Malakittens wrote:Cheery, I usually give them a chance on D1, but it's not until D2 ill go after them for a lynch. They usually always turn out to be scum.

If that is the case, then why do you let him slide day 1?
Their alignment doesn't change during the night.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:49 am

Post by Malakittens »

Because, the more they post the easier it is to find their partner.

Also Klick's post of calling my scum hunting weak as best sounds like scum motivation.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:43 am

Post by Tazaro »

@MOD: Replace me, please. I just replaced into another long trek of a theme game, this one with thirty players. I also have a commitment to another micro soon in which the mod has beseeched for players. Sorry.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:20 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Finding replacement now...
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:41 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Violet
replaces Tazaro.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:50 am

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

Hi Violet! :D This will certainly be interesting.

>more soon<
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Violet
Violet
Goon
Violet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:04 am

Post by Violet »

Hey party people!

I'm going to be spending the next hour or so intensely reading over the game. So in the mean time, if you have any questions for the slot I replaced, please ask them, and I'll get to them after I give my evaluation.

Also, Tracey's super obvscum, you all should have lynched her on page 1.
Violet
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:35 am

Post by Klick »

ikr
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 227, Mitillos wrote:@Tracey: If you've seen a specific type of play by a player as being scummy, I'd expect you to take it as scummy when it's being used again. saying that "it could be town because you don't know what PMyst is like as town" seems somehow strange, to me.
No, you misunderstood. I saw him do it as scum. That doesn't mean he doesn't do it as town. Not to mention PM's play doesn't fall under traditional play. Meaning what could be considered scummy for many players, might be a town tell from him. Which is why I'm only judging one thing of his - one thing I don't think he'd do as scum.

In post 227, Mitillos wrote:Additionally, PMyst as town seems to be bigger on things like RVS, from what I've read in his meta.
What
have
you read? Specifics would be nice.

In post 227, Mitillos wrote:I don't want to lynch him yet, because he's lurking and I think it is a terrible idea to lynch someone without giving them a chance to participate. I don't like lurkers, not because they are scum, but because if they are scum, the town can't catch them easily, due to lack of content. I want people talking first, not being lynched; that can come later. So no, I won't push for PM's lynch, yet. But if he continues to not participate, whilst not being replaced, I will certainly do so.
How do you feel about no lynches?

In post 227, Mitillos wrote:As for Riggs, it is not about his lurkiness. As I said, it's mainly post 183. He is trying to guide us to a specific example of his meta. Lurker or not, this is scummy. Particularly with that addendum about "using that how we wish". The thing about this is that what it seems like he wants is for us to deduce that he's not scum with PMyst. If a number of people believe that PMyst is scum, this will imply that he's not PMyst's scumbuddy and therefore is not scum himself. There seems to be no reason for town to give us a specific game where he had been scum with PMyst, except as an attempt to colour our perceptions.
And? My point was, unless you are implying that they have been scum buddies together before, his posting that does no harm. I say this because the link would be valuable in deducing their play together even if it pointed strongly in one direction over the other. In other words, him posting the example would only help us rather than deter us; however, if he has another scum game with PM, then that could lead us to believe he was being selective about what he wanted us to see.

This is really a pointless argument, though. Either way, it's simple enough to look through his games to see how "selective" he was being.

In post 228, Malakittens wrote:Tracey, even considered the fact the reason why scum haven't taken advantage of it because PM might actually be scum, and the other person doesn't want to bus the buddy yet?
Way to totally dodge my question. Please go back and answer it.

No, I haven't considered that. For a few simple reasons. 1. Policy lynches are cheap, and are often perceived as scummy (though I've found asking for them often leans more to the townish side). 2. Several scum players wouldn't want to get a mislynch via policy. It's just not fun that way. And most important, 3. PM has hardly said anything, let alone anything scummy; therefore, going for a PM lynch would be difficult and would ultimately paint the scum in a bad light.

In post 235, Violet wrote:Also, Tracey's super obvscum, you all should have lynched her on page 1.
Shhhhh, they might actually believe you! For cereals, though, are you scum? Your predecessor was kinda scummy. I promise I won't hold your answer against you (well, I might, but technicalities).

In post 236, Klick wrote:ikr
Is that all?
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 235, Violet wrote:So in the mean time, if you have any questions for the slot I replaced, please ask them, and I'll get to them after I give my evaluation.

Why are you going to answer questions that are based on what a predecessor did?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Violet
Violet
Goon
Violet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by Violet »

In post 20, TraceyLyn11 wrote:
1. Nickname you'd like to go by?
Violet.

2. Sex? Age?
Maybe. I'm legal in most countries.

3. Times you'll likely be able to post? Or not post.
2-8pm Central Standardd) throughout the week. I won't post in the early morning or late night.

4. Thoughts on meta?
It's only useful if it's consistent, but it can also be faked.

5. Thoughts on reaction fishing?
Usually pro-town, but scum can use it to role-fish.

6. How do you feel about walls? Do you make them?
There's no point in turning a single sentence of information into a paragraph. If I write a wall, it's because I have a lot of information to share.

7. Are you scum?
No, but you are :)

In post 32, TraceyLyn11 wrote:Klick is town.
In post 36, TraceyLyn11 wrote:I made that statement because there's often one or more people who tend to state their dislike for RQS or the lack of benefits from it - those people tend to be the experienced players (note: I only really play in newbie games, so those are the games I'll be referring to).

I can't imagine why being experienced would make you auto-town for disliking RQS (I've personally seen many experienced players use RQS to quickly evaluate the playerbase without much effort), nor why you would evaluate Klick as town after only a couple fluff posts, when disliking RQS is most likely just a simple preference.

After reading most of the other thread, it seems like you are unnecessarily calling Klick town, and doing so repeatedly. Your only defense of this is:
In post 75, TraceyLyn11 wrote:I have Klick as a town read because what he's saying is townish.

Which doesn't give any real reason and is extremely vague, especially considering that Klick hasn't really posted much in the way of substance. You two are very buddy-buddy.

In post 134, TraceyLyn11 wrote:VOTE: Mit Time to add some pressure!

Stating that you're adding pressure eliminates the pressure. You're also vote-hopping, and the only real read I can pick out that you've had is

. . .

I have a strong town-read on Mil and Commie. Both have contributed a lot of good information and stand individually - I can't see them having connections to anyone thus far.

I see a very likely Tracey-Klick team, and it's so obvious it kind of hurts.

I have a neutral read on everyone else. I'd love to see more discussion, but until that happens, my reads are going to be incomplete.

Two pages left to go, but I am going to dinner and will post the rest of my evaluation later tonight. I feel uncomfortable voting without having the entire picture of what has happened thus far. But I imagine I'll vote Tracey.

PEDIT:

Why are you going to answer questions that are based on what a predecessor did?

I wasn't planning on it, as that's impossible. If you had any questions about specific things that have happened, or my thoughts on any particular player, things in that vein, that's what I would answer.
Violet
Violet
Violet
Goon
Violet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by Violet »

In post 239, Violet wrote:Stating that you're adding pressure eliminates the pressure. You're also vote-hopping, and the only real read I can pick out that you've had is

She hasn't had a consistent read, I thought she had. My apologies.
Violet
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

Correction. I have buddied Klick. He has not buddied me.

I am also disappointed that you would think I was that obvious in my scum play.

Stating pressure does not eliminate pressure. Just because I'm pressuring them doesn't mean I'm not willing to lynch them. As for vote hopping, yes I was. Is that scummy? I have clear reads. Read further, and you shall see them.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 240, Violet wrote:
In post 239, Violet wrote:Stating that you're adding pressure eliminates the pressure. You're also vote-hopping, and the only real read I can pick out that you've had is
She hasn't had a consistent read, I thought she had. My apologies.
I assume you're scratching out "real read" with "consistent read". In which case: does not being consistent in my reads up to page ten make me scummy?
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by Klick »

Violet, help me bus Tracey.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Tracey: You're right, I did misunderstand. Anyway, I read a few of his newbie games. The one I mentioned before was 1275. There was also an ongoing one which I won't talk about and a couple of other completed newbie games, but I don't remember the numbers. I will look them up again later and let you know. As for no-lynches, I'm in favour of them, if they give town an advantage. If we can't get a good consensus and we're in MYLO, I'd say they're good. Otherwise, we're debilitating ourselves, by taking away our only means of eliminating mafia. About Riggs, I'm implying they are probably not scumbuddies now; they were in the game he linked, as he said. Linking that game could well be an attempt to make us see that they're not scumbuddies again. By extension, he could be trying to colour our perceptions of him, using one specific game, calling attention to that one in particular. And yes, your points are valid, but his reaction to someone saying he could be scumpartners with PM was still scummy in my mind.

@Violet: What countries are the exceptions? :P Also, I'd like to read your thoughts on Mala and PMyst. Cheery too, but he can wait for later. Also, since he was your slot, what are your thoughts on Riggs?

Klick: Are you claiming scumbuddies with Tracey?
options
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Post by Klick »

No. I guess sarcasm is hard to read.
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

Welp. Mit cannot be scum with either Taz/Violet or Riggs. That helps.

Mit just gives me that feel of... Like, robotic speak. If you know what I mean. Everything he says sounds so structured and controlled. Or... No. Not that. It sounds thought out and... Repeated? I don't really know what I'm going for here. Basically, I don't like the voice in some of his posts, but it's beginning to look like a play style thing rather than a scummy thing.

And yes, Mit, Klick and I are scum partners. You caught us!

Klick, respond to things.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 246, TraceyLyn11 wrote:but it's beginning to look like a play style thing rather than a scummy thing.

Have you read his other games to establish that or just because it's continued here?
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Post by Mitillos »

Well, that's depressing.

Also, I meant to ask Violet what her thoughts were on Taz. And Riggs, obviously, but that's lesser, since he hasn't said much.
options
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 247, Cheery Dog wrote:Have you read his other games to establish that or just because it's continued here?
I have not read his other games. Not really the continuation so much as the... It seems to ridiculous to fake. Like... Gawd. I don't even know. I'll come back to this if I remember the wording...

In post 248, Mitillos wrote:Well, that's depressing.
What is?

In post 248, Mitillos wrote:Also, I meant to ask Violet what her thoughts were on Taz. And Riggs, obviously, but that's lesser, since he hasn't said much.
And yes. I'd like to hear her thoughts on them too... Heheheheehehhe..
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”