Should a vig who shoots N1 be Modkilled?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Yes or No?

Yes
5%
No
95%

Total votes: 194

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:44 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Well I'm glad no-one was stupid enough to vote Yes.

I have something I want to say on this end but that will have to wait a little bit. Will come back then.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 am

Well they would have to be incredibly awful and useless to make shooting Mod confirmed (and far and away more confirmed than a Cop Innocent) Town. Well beyond the normal "lynch this on policy" level of bad.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #99 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:20 am

Now that the game is over I will like to offer the following game as a counter-point to "Vigs who shoot all Town are generally bad"

Tit for Tat

The first two Nights Shamrock shot Bitmap (VI) and the director (very scummy Town player). Both of these shots shortened the game for Town but removed two very questionable / scummy appearing players. Day 2 the actual scummy player who was scum was lynched in large part to the removal of the Bitmap distraction. The Night 2 shot on director removed a player with scummy interactions around the flipped scum and let the Jailkeeper choose a better target, blocking the scum kill.

While every situation is different I think this example shows that even in a non-Large game blankely judging Vig play solely on % successfully shot and Evens / Odds is not good Mafia analysis.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #107 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:52 am

In post 103, LlamaFluff wrote:So double day is anti-town?

Well no. Not inherently given that lynching is inherently the strength of whatever faction Dayplays better.

The better question is - is DoubleDay Pro-Town? I don't think there is any statistical indication (aka enough DoubleDay games to draw a conclusion) to say so. Thus using a Vig as a 'second' lynch is only a good idea under the correct circumstances.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”