The Pokemon Nuzlocke Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by Klazam »

It's up to the indivual players.

I'm going by the rule of a route marker deciding a new route. If the name that pops up is different, I can catch Pokemon there.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

So the no item clause exludes TMs and pokeballs only, or can I use antidotes (again, have never used this rule, but look forward to trying it... Sinnoh isn't notorious for it's high level of poison pokes)
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by kdowns »

I've always played where a Shiny shows up (That isn't a 100% encounter case like Gyrados in the Lake of Rage) is free game.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Post by Klazam »

In post 376, Aj The Epic wrote:So the no item clause exludes TMs and pokeballs only, or can I use antidotes (again, have never used this rule, but look forward to trying it... Sinnoh isn't notorious for it's high level of poison pokes)

In post 377, kdowns wrote:I've always played where a Shiny shows up (That isn't a 100% encounter case like Gyrados in the Lake of Rage) is free game.

Aj, I refuse to use that rule

Kdowns- I assume that is already the case, ha. I ain't that lucky
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 369, xRECKONERx wrote:I have a copy of Diamond but my boyfriend has hijacked it for his own nefarious purposes X_X

I suppose I could go grab a copy of it for like $20 somewhere but we only have one DS so trading would be impossible anyway.

<_< I'm sure you can borrow Pie's if you need to trade...?
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Post by Matias »

I'm playing a pokemon blue nuzlocke

rules:

1. Each different map screen with its own music is its own "area". For example, only one pokemon can be caught at Route 1, but Route two has two areas: One before and after Viridian Forest, even though the map says it is one route (I mark them as "Route 2 First half" and "Route 2 second half")

2. To counter balance this, dupes are forced

3. Dead pokemon are put in box 11 and 12 and never used

4. If the first poke faints, runs or kills my team, I'm out of luck for that area

5. Second chance rule for the first rival battle in the lab

6. I am allowed to catch multiple pokemon in an area as long as they are never used and put in boxes 5-10. This is an alternate way to end a battle.

7. Black outs suck because you lose a lot of pokemon but doesn't end the game if I have pokemon left over

Meet the all-star team:

CHARMANDER (level 13 squirtle, starter)
BUTTERFROO (level 7 metapod, viridian forest)
DERPRAT (level 7 rattata, route 1)
RATDERP (level 7 rattata, route 22)
DERPDERP (level 6 rattata, route 2 first half)
RATRAT (level 5 rattata, route 2 second half)

I FUCKING LOVE RATTATA

Brock is down and I'm on the next route, lets see how this goes
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

I'm going to restart my FireRed, because it's been way too long to resume.
To be clear: quack
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Post by Matias »

ratrat and I aren't on speaking terms right now. he just killed a jigglypuff with a critical hit.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

@all fellow pearl/diamond nuzlockers

I propose that we all use the same ruleset, to enhance the competition spirit.

Rules:
1. Only the first pokemon.
2. If it faints, box+release.
3. Nicknames for bromance.
4. No repeats.
5. No buying items. Pickups only.
6. Every Pokemon must see play. What would you be like if I locked you up in a ball and didn't play with you?
7. No boxing pokemon
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Post by Klazam »

I veto #5

(Too late i already bought potions and balls...)
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I veto #5 as well.

Also, I'm dumb. What is 'Boxxing'?
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Post by Klazam »

putting pokemon in boxes
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by Klazam »

Im gonna do 6 pokemon alive at any time anyway, so rule doesn't apply to me, lol
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 387, Klazam wrote:Im gonna do 6 pokemon alive at any time anyway, so rule doesn't apply to me, lol

I think I'll do that too, lol. (Namely as I can't see a way around the rule).
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Post by Klazam »

What i mean is once your party is full, you cannot catch any more pokemon.

No boxing pokemon i think is not allowing you to switch pokemonf from party with a caught pokemon already in box
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:26 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 389, Klazam wrote:No boxing pokemon i think is not allowing you to switch pokemonf from party with a caught pokemon already in box

Then doesn't that conflict with number 6?

Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:26 pm

Post by Matias »

I just caught a zubat at mount moon. I named him THE BATMAN
My GTKAS
My old account
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

I think he means you can only have up to six. If you catch something you like, you have to sacrifice one of your current six, not put anyone in storage.
I think.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Post by dramonic »

When my hack is ready you should tots nuzlocke that d(<.<)
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:52 pm

--CUTSCENE LAZY—

ACT I

Spoiler: Almost NSFW
SCENE I

Orcinus walked out of the lab. Rowan’s red Pokedex rested peacefully in his palm, a symbol of the challenge he was to undertake, Jackie stood beside him. The Piplup hated his Pokeball, wiggling out of it the first time Orcinus tried putting him in. The partners stood by each other’s side, surveying the small town. How everything would change!
“A Piplup, you say? I chose a Chimchar myself…” If orcinus had turned faster, he would have snapped his neck. Dawn stood beside him on the doorstep, and orcinus’ mouth ran dry as he tried to look normally at Dawn’s deep, soulful eyes. It was all he could do to stop his eyes from wandering downwards.
“If you chose a Chimchar…” Dawn moved towards him, and orcinus stepped out of his body and into nirvana, as Dawn moved closer and closer, until her petite, puckered lips were hushing its warm breath into orcinus’ ear. “…we would have had the same pokemon. And then we could…train…together. Wouldn’t that be nice?” Her voice was husky, inviting.
Orcinus nodded and moved forwards. In a deep, manly voice, he too came to Dawn’s ear, smoothly slipping his hand around her back, and resting it softly on Dawn’s butt cheeks. Firm, he thought to himself. “Let’s go somewhere private…” he said. Dawn laughed, and pressed herself against orcinus, resting a hand on his eager manhood, straining through his pants. “I’m more experienced than you, so I’ll act as your mentor…”
Orcinus was pushed onto the soft grass, and Dawn sat on top of his washboard abs. Nobody else was around. She took off her shirt first, the soft flesh of her breasts tangling teasingly within a thin, silk-black bra. Then, her pants. The underwear hugged her hips loosely, as she slipped a finger between it and her tender skin, pulling it down at a slanted angle to the right-hand side, revealing just a bit more, an angel of perfection silhouetted by the woodland scene. Her skin was unblemished, perfect, as he ran a hand over her sides, ending the journey with a cup of her rounded, firm ass. Without warning, she grabbed Orcinus’ hair and pulled him into her lips forcibly. Tongue rolling over one another, both her lips taking Orcinus’ lower, hand tussling in his hair…she let a hand explore his left arm—a fashionably bulged bicep and shoulders that were covered with a suitable layer of muscle, just the way she liked it. It was hard to the touch, the summer heat forming beads of sweat, as the two continued kissing. She could feel a hot, throbbing prick in between her legs—she knew what it was…

“Did you here me? Orcinus?”
“Hnnnnnngwha?”
“I said that I’d show you around town. Orcinus?”
“Hnnnnnnng?”
“I have work to do. Please answer me.”
“HNNNNNNNNGADFG”
“Sigh…whatever.”
Orcinus stared blankly as he snapped out of his reverie. Dawn went back inside the lab. It took him a while before he realized that he had completely fumbled Dawn’s invitation to show him around town. As he left the town, the curses under his breath coincided with Jackie’s innocent questions about what on Earth happened to his master.

SCENE II

“Master! A Starly!”
Orcinus weighed a pokeball in his hand. The starly looked sharp, menacing. This’ll be a completely different story from Jackie.
--CUTSCENE I only write important battles—
LANKERSHIM has joined the team!
Male Starly
Met: Route 202, Lv. 3
Naïve nature, Scatters things often

Lankershim gazed dully at its new master and the little penguin trying to get his attention beside him.
“Hi! I’m Jackie! What’s—“
“I hoped that I would be caught by a great trainer of the land. Not this fool and his prick-lup.”
“Well…um, Orcinus is a really fun guy!”
Fun?
” The word was spiked with cyanide.
Orcinus sighed. The little Starly had a lot of fight in him—now it was just a question of harnessing it. “Look buddy…everyone has to start somewhere, right?”
“Yes. Some start at ground zero. You appear to have started negative. You haven’t even bought any items!” Starly flapped his wings on the ground angrily, showing clearly the black star on his white-feathered breast.
Orcinus cringed his teeth. His allowance had been rather skim in times of late…He decided to move on. Lankershim would warm up to him eventually. He took a look behind him, and saw the proud Starly trod reluctantly behind him. Eventually.

Travelling along route 202, the first thing Orcinus noticed was Lankershim’s lust for battle. The second noticeable fact about Lankrshim was his charisma in dealing with people.
“Our eyes met, so battle we must!”
“You spineless twat, you think wearing a blue hat mommy gave you for your fifth birthday makes you a Pokemon trainer? Skin and bones, you’d never make it onto the real battlefield. I bet you think that practicing that one catchphrase makes you a real man, doesn’t it? Well, let me tell you…” Lankershim flew onto the boy’s shoulder and looked at him. The boy panicked, using all five limbs to try and shoo the Starly away, tripping over his sixth leg in confusion and ending in a tangled mess on the floor, his Pokeball rolling away, Lankershim perched on top of the human pretzel. “
…it doesn’t make you a man, does it.

“MOOOOOM!!!!!!”
Jackie tugged at Orcinus’ pants and beckoned him to lean into his ear. Orcinus kneeled down. “Couldn’t we have gotten a nicer Starly?”
I heard that, and by the blood of my ancestors I will rip you from head to toe and you will pay for it.

“Pokeballpokeballpokeballpokeballpleaseorcinuspokeball?”

SCENE III

Nimbasa City, a sprawling metropolitan of buildings and people. Orcinus had never seen anything like it. The flags on the building waved through the thin air, as Orcinus strode across the paved floor, head held high, purpose in mind, and with a furious Lankershim perched on his unwilling shoulder.
“Hi! I’m the Poketech campaign—“
Shut up.
” One glance from the Starly was enough to send the suited man aside as the trio continued on their way. Jackie whimpered. “L-Lankershim, I r-really think it w-wouldn’t be much h-h-harm if you, you, umm…were nicer?”
A thin beam of red light captured the Starly just as he was preparing to act on his ancestors’ words. The pokeball shook, and again, but Lankershim was contained. Jackie sighed. Finally.

“Hey! Orcinus!”
Orcinus turned. The pirate cap of Kdown hustled painfully across the air. “I…I…I was at the trainer’s school. I memorized everything on the blackboard!”
Orcinus stared blankly.
“That’s good, right? It means I’m a real trainer!”
Orcinus stared blankly.
“Whatever. Look, I got some new mons, how bout we fight it out?”
Orcinus shrugged. He let out Lankershim. He was mad about being locked in the Pokeball. He was
mad

”DO NOT RUN AWAY FROM BATTLE, COWARD. YOU SHALL GET YOUR JUDGEMENT, WEAK BLOODED SLUG.”

Kdown’s Turtwig looked at his trainer with pleading eyes. Please…please…pl—
The battle was tantamount to cruelty to small animals.
“Goddamnit man WHAT IS THAT THING?” Kdown yelled in shock, as Lankershim finished off his Turtwig…and started going after its trainer. Orcinus and Jackie watched the two chase off into the recesses of route 203.

“Hey uh. Mister. That was. Cool.”
Orcinus turned around. A Bidoof stood dumbly at his feet.
“Er. Thanks?”
“Mister. I want to uh. Join your uh. Teen. Team, I mean. Huh.”
“Um…all right, I guess. What’s your name?”

Lvl 4 Bidoof, Male. MS, your turn!
Last edited by orcinus_theoriginal on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 393, dramonic wrote:When my hack is ready you should tots nuzlocke that d(<.<)

Your Noctowl defeated enemy Hoothoot. Enemy Trainer is about to send in Noctowl, would you like to switch out your Noctowl with a different Noctowl? Or maybe your Hoothoot?
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by Klazam »

In post 392, SleepyKrew wrote:I think he means you can only have up to six. If you catch something you like, you have to sacrifice one of your current six, not put anyone in storage.
I think.

Actually, i mean you cannot even catch more pokemon. 6 pokemons- crap. no more catches until one dies.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by Klazam »

And I'm in love with your Starly, Orcinus.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Klazam got it right. No boxing means that you cannot box pokemon. This means that you may not catch more than 6 pkoemon, as that would necessitate putting a pokemon in the box. And I doubt any of you would be heartless enough to kill off a teammate to make way for another, yes?

Thanks Klazam. Name the bidoof, MS! :D
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Caught the most annoying Onix ever in the mine. Spent so many Pokeballs on it, because if I attacked it again, it would have died (due to Burn). Immediately went back to heal & get more Pokeballs, lol. Reck, you're now an Onix. Roark is easy. So are the next two gyms as well, because fire/fighting type lol. After that I went back to 202, and leveled up Sudo (I honestly never grind, but I think I should in Nuzlocke). May I just mention how much I like my Pokemon to have high speed? Like, all these slow Pokemon aff.

ALIVE

Image Faraday - Monfernape - (Lvl. 5 - 17) - Starter Pokemon
Image Kalazam - Starly - (Lvl. 2 - 9) - Route 201
Image CHESSKID - Bidoof (Lvl. 4) - Route 204
Image Sudo - Geodude (Lvl. 5 - 7) - Route 207
Image xRECKONERx - Onix (Lvl. 8) - Oreburgh Mine

In Box

None

Dead

None[/quote]

Return to “The Arcade”