The Pokemon Nuzlocke Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:51 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

I'll update tonight again, but I'm going to be a heavy poison/water based team, I feel. I probably will take advantage of a Zubat in a cave, and I caught a Budew that I'll teach Venoshock, given the chance. A toxic/venoshock combo would devestate most trainers, so I just need something to take care of the steel pokes. Probably Piplup.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:20 am

Post by Matias »

holy shit I just posted my nuzlocke status in the SC thread lol

anyway, I got owned by Misty. FireRed run, dupes (edit: not) allowed, will attempt tonight
Last edited by Matias on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:38 am

Post by Chevre »

when you say "dupes allowed" that makes it sound like you can get multiples of the same pokemon, which isn't that what you did last time? am I being silly?

Anway, I allowed duplicates in an attempt at Diamond I did during the summer and ended up with four Bidoofs. :/
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:51 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

I'd never do dupes... Especially because in Sinnoh, Bidoof is so common (Zigzagoon was sooooo much cooler), I don't need multiple of them.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by Matias »

In post 427, Chevre wrote:when you say "dupes allowed" that makes it sound like you can get multiples of the same pokemon, which isn't that what you did last time? am I being silly?

Anway, I allowed duplicates in an attempt at Diamond I did during the summer and ended up with four Bidoofs. :/

Nah it was a typo
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Post by Matias »

FireRed Nuzlocke

Matias: Level 7 Bulbasaur
dramonic: Level 3 Rattata (it reminds me of the old match a pokemon to a user thread)

I guess I will name pokemon after users of this site. Dupes allowed, same rules as last time, though I didn't need the second chance on the lab fight
My GTKAS
My old account
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Post by CF Riot »

In post 362, xRECKONERx wrote:1. Only catch 1st pokemon on every route (unless it's a repeat of an already owned pokemon)
2. If a Pokemon faints, it's dead forever.
3. Nickname every pokemon.
4. No NPC pokemon allowed

Reck if you haven't started this yet dibs on being your rival cause I'm about to start a Fire Red. No NPC means like Snorlax/Legend Birds/Mewtwo yeah? I'm going to see how far I get without buying items but that may change. People can request a pokemon for me to name after them if they want. I may just end up doing derpy names.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Post by Chevre »

You could even do a rivalesque challenge, where you use your team to battle on a simulator after each gym or something like that.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Oh fuck FireRed.
I'm playing Crystal.
To be clear: quack
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

No duplicates
I can't capture any Pokemon in the same evolutionary chain as one I've already caught
I get to have NPC Pokemon yay
I can use items like Antidote, Paralyze Heal etc. outside of battle. Nothing that actually restores life though.
Am I forgetting anything?

CYNDAQUIL
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

okay, team update: I've gotten into Oreville, and beaten the trainers before the gym, but noticed that Roark's craniados has pursuit (Looked up on Bulbapedia prior). So, because my pokes were otherwise right on level, I decided to avoid battling and go gain some levels first. (Was level 12 on the two needed prior)

I now have:

Mumble the Prinplup (5-16)
Jese James the Bidoof *cough* He sucks *cough* (3-11)
Frightful the Staravia (3-14)
and two new additions since last:
Zorro the Budew (Met route 202, 4-16)
Mystogan the Abra (5-10)

I knew that Abra could pop up a ton on route 203, so I bought a bunch of repels before going to Oreburgh. If you look, upstairs in one of the apartments along the back or oreburgh, a lady gives you a dusk ball. Went back and after a bidoof and two starly, got an abra to pop up. First time, since I think the dusk ball at night is at least a ultra ball's power. Taught him the TM given in the school for defeating the two abras (Hidden Power) still don't know what hidden power it is.

Also repelled through the Oreburgh cave on Route 203. Might want something after I rock smash that isn't a zubat or geodude. Did not catch anything in the mine. Was a geodude, so I just killed it. Am currently training Frightful, Mystogan (10 points if you get the reference) and Jese James on route 203, since everything is level 4 or 5 and doesn't resist normal moves like tackle. Damn geodudes... Great fodder for Mumble and Zorro, not so good for Frightful and useless Jese. Poor Jese, completely trolled.

Zorro has been priceless. Already knows mega drain, stun spore and Growth, will be a setup boss. BAUS. I mean, Parahax, megadrain on a +2 SpA is probably going to be undefeatable once I add venoshock to cover all it's resistances.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 am

Post by Chevre »

awesomem catching strategy!

Budew <3
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:20 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Anyone want to update me on where they are on the DPP nuzrun?
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by Klazam »

Just owned Roark.

I decided I'll be doing my nuzlocke in story style. May be long, I dunno, but will be interesting.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Party:
En Re: lvl 15 male Rattata
Deion: lvl 18 male Quilava
Coffee: lvl 17 Geodudette
Trey: lvl 16 male Poliwag
Mash: lvl 16 female Bellsprout

Boxed up:
Kine: lvl 5 female Zubat
Mini: lvl 5 male Togepi
JXVIV: lvl 6 male Slowpoke

Dead:
None :D

Just beat Bugsy. Rival's name is Do Che.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by CF Riot »

New game. Asked scumchat and TraceyLyn said I should start with Charmander. Took 3 save states to get a female but finally had Tracey the Charmander. After going through all the errands for Oak encountered a female lvl 2 Pidgey on Rt 1, picked her up and named her Birdbrain on Faraday's suggestion. Made it to Viridian and smartly decided to grind up Birdbrain a bit before risking the poison in the forest. She gets 2 hit crit by a Rattata. WELP. So Tracey is probably lvl 7 or 8, decide to try my luck in the forest, caught a lvl 4 Caterpie, which I was happy about. Was also female and I was watching Friends so she became Phoebe. So me, Pheebs and Tracey head back to Rt. 1 and start grinding, which is terribly slow but w/e. Once Phoebe is a bit stronger I head over to Rt. 22 to pick up a 3rd, and I luck out and encounter a lvl 4 Mankey. It's another girl, cause the ladies love me, so PMS is added to the team. We head to the forest. PMS gets poisoned once and I made a stressful walk back to the PC in Viridian, had to use a potion to make it back alive but we manage. Clear the forest after that and on the last trainer I get enough xp for Phoebe to hit 10 and become Phoebe Buffree. PMS learned Low Kick too, so with my team at 9, 10, 10 I heal up and go to get dat Boulder Badge. Low Kick, Low Kick, Low Kick, everyone's dead. Thanks for the badge Brock, peace out.

Team

Image Tracey - Charmander (5 - 11) Starter
Image Phoebe - Butterfree (4 - 11) Viridian Forest
Image PMS - Mankey (4 - 11) Rt 22

Dead

ImageBirdbrain - Pidgey (2 - 3) Rt 1
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Klazam just wants to be me.

@Aj: My game I think I left at home (on vaca now). I think I haven't named my bidoof yet because all you people suck. So yeah, it's just idling there.

I'll get back to it within a week.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

It's because the bidoof sucks, it doesn't deserve a name
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Bidoof: Cheery Dog
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Post by CF Riot »

^Second.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Third
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Post by Klazam »

In post 441, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Klazam just wants to be me.

@Aj: My game I think I left at home (on vaca now). I think I haven't named my bidoof yet because all you people suck. So yeah, it's just idling there.

I'll get back to it within a week.

Actually, no. I'll kind of jam the story in with Dark Tower stuff, will be cool.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Post by Klazam »

In post 445, Aj The Epic wrote:Third

Nth
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Just an fyi, when going through eterna with Chereyl, do a lot of training there. She heals after every fight and you get the full weight of two exp pokes while only having one on the field. I didn't leave until every poke was up to 19.

My team is going to have some severe issues unless I can find some lightning resistance. Zorro alone won't cut it. Mystogan is not a tank (no Alakazam was ever meant to tank) Bidoof is actually a good tank (now Biaberl or something) with almost 20 more hip points than the next closest.Just sucks that it doesn't have any worthwhile moves other than roll out and water gun. I think I may have to grab a geodude... I was hoping to get Rilou and then take a break before getting Lucario, but it seems that's too far away with all the little shinx and pachirisus now knowing sparks. 3 of 5 on my team have issues with elec, one has resistance but no counter. The last can't take hits.

I had a really close call after the eterna gym (easy, btw... Frightful and Mystogan rolled her). The Plasma leader Jupiter's Skuntank actually tanks and it kept using screech/Night slash (which has 1/12 chance to crit over 1/16, I think... Maybe even 1/8). It brought three pokes to red (Jese, Mumble, Zorro) and was only in yellow. Luckily, I had it paralyzed from Zorro and it chose to screech on the turn in by Frightful before I STAB Wing Attacked it to death. Mysto was trapped, type disadvantage and Frightful probably would only take one hit. I probably could've lost right there, had Frightful not killed it.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

All right. Just an fyi for you all, I intend very much to beat the E4 with a bibarel. A no-death nuzlocke, let's get it!

I remember my last budew...solomon, I called it. The abandoned prince of a royal family, proud, ambitious, caring...I had a story line for him. He had a romance with my Crobat. He had hopes.
HE HAD DREAMS

And then he died. It would have been more manageable if it was a noble death--a sacrifice, a death to the elite four, ANYTHING.

It was a grinding accident.

Aj, it doesn't matter. Grind them like hell. Types and power will always lose to the power of love. :D And please keep Zorro alive...

(it feels weird posting in the pokemon thread directly after posting about bondage in F62. Oh well.)
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.

Return to “The Arcade”