The Pokemon Nuzlocke Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:06 am

Post by Klazam »

This story is gonna be long as hell, so I'm gonna spilt it in bite sized pieces and release it every few days. All personal comments and observations will be in ooc tags. Disclaimer: this story will draw heavily on Stephen King's Dark Tower series, so I can't promise I won't spoil important information, so please, if any of you don't want me to do this story, tell me to stop. Some chapters will have progress. Some, like this one will be purely story- based. This is a nuzlocke of Pearl, following the rules Orcinus set out, except for the no item rule.

Spoiler: Prologue
Prologue: The World-Turtle

There is one turtle.

On the back of that turtle is another turtle.

And on top of that turtle there is another turtle.

And so on for 1991 and more turtles. On top of the very last turtle, rests the universe. That last turtle's name is Maturin. Filled with deep love for the universe, and all other versions of the universe that rests upon her back, she is intimately connected to each universe, so when she felt an manifestation of evil form in one, more powerful than all others before it, but one- the Crimson King.

But wasn't the crimson king defeated? The Gunslinger's eternal journey should have trapped him in a eternal prison of time.

Maturin slowly started to realize that some aspect of the Crimson King must have broken free and possessed one of the souls of the afflicted universe. She started to look deeply, until she found the Crimson King in one of the many Pokemon residing in Sinnoh, a land of peace. Maturin couldn't affect the universes as she was, so she spilt off a portion of her soul, and infused herself in one of the Pokemon with a similar form to her, a Turtwig.

Maturin opened her newfound eyes, to see that the Crimson King had indeed done the same. He took the form of Chimchar. With a modest grunt, Maturin launched a tackle at the Crimson King, while he scratched her.

"Whoa! These are rare Pokemon! I'm sure that Professor Rowan would love to see these!"

Both Maturin, and the King looked up in alarm as a girl in a white cap threw two yellow and black balls at them. With a soul- rending burn, their essences were drawn in the balls.

Spoiler: The Ka-Tet
N/A
Last edited by Klazam on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:26 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Bidoof: HODORHODOR

Make it so.

In post 449, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:(it feels weird posting in the pokemon thread directly after posting about bondage in F62. Oh well.)

something something must be new here something
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

So Klazam, you haven't started yet?
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Post by Klazam »

Already beat roark, but i need to actually write story for everything.

Chapter 1 will be up tomorrow. I'm almost done with it.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I haven't forgotten, I'm just busy this week. I'll either do this either tomorrow, or next Sunday. I work Tuesday - Saturday.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I haven't done a Nuzlocke before, so I think I may try it now that I have lots of free time. Probably will do Pearl with the rules Orcinus suggested, except with items.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:12 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I think everyone is using items. I have teleport, so it's not a big issue, but antidotes are nice.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Post by Klazam »

Spoiler: Chapter One
Chapter One: A Boy and his Friend

With a yawn, Klazam woke up, and got on the side of his bed to res- "KLAZAM, COME HERE NOWWW!"

He sighed, got up, glanced at the tv. "The Search for the Red Gyadaros" was
still
on. He walked downstairs. His mom was there, looking a bit shell-shocked.

"My dear son, your friend O was here earlier, yelling for you. He rushed outside a few seconds ago. Maybe you better go and see what's going on with him?"

Klazam walked outside, to see his peaceful town of Twinleaf. Not a soul was outside.
O must have rushed off to his home.
Klazam trudged over to his home, then reached for the door. With a bang, the door slammed open, blasting Klazam in the ground. O rushed out, and said " SeethatshowaboutthelakewiththeredGyadarosIbetchayouthattherewillbeapokemonlikethatatLakeVerity
letsgoandlookforonenownowmeetmethereimfiningyouonemillondollarsifyourelate"
Then O rocketed off in the direction of the lake.

Klazam, knowing O well, just waited a few seconds, then watched O turn around and jet in the opposite direction, slamming the door open again and going inside like a cat in the rain.

Klazam entered, and saw O's mom. She said "That boy rocketed upstairs... I wonder who he takes after..."

He braced himself on the rails as he went upstairs. Thankfully it went without incident. He entered O's room.

"OkbagsnacksjournalcompasscameraallrightimallsetletsgomeetyouthereKlazamorimfiningyoutenmilliondollars."

Klazam dove out of the way as his friend scooted down the stairs.

Klazam went downstairs, as O's mom muttered "..and he's off again. Wasn't my genes." He went outside, and walked to Lake Verity. O was hiding behind a tree right at the entrance to the lake. O whispered "cometheresaoldmanandagirlatthelakewomderwhoitis" Klazam went to the tree, and watched as the pair left the lake. Both young friends hid until they were past.

O stood up, with Klazam. They both went to the lake and noticed that there was a briefcase left in a patch of tall grass. O walked up briskly, but Klazam warned him, "Don't go in the tall grass! We might be attacked!" "Nahwewomtbeintherelongenough" as O plunged in the grass. Klazam sighed and followed. They stood around the briefcase, wondering who it belonged to, when two wild Starly sprang up out of the grass and started pecking at the pair. O screamed, and fell over the briefcase, and it sprang open. Within was 2 poke balls. "Letsusethesetodefendourselves."

O grabbed one and lobbed it, hard, at his Starly. It sprang open, and a Chimchar came out! The Chimchar snarled, and scratched the Starly. Meanwhile, Klazam was doing the same, but with a Turtwig, who was determined to defend Klazam.

After the brief battle, the girl in the white cap came back, looked at the unballed Pokemon. "Oh no, what are we gonna do? Professor Rowan!"

"What's wrong, Dawn?" Called out the old guy that left earlier, as he walked up. He noticed what was going on. "Ah, mmm. You two seem the perfect age to become Pokemon trainers. Here's your trainer ids. This will allow you two to take on the gym challenge."

"Ohthanksoldmanimgonnagothefirstgymrightthismintueklazamyoucometooorimfiningyouahundredmilliondollars."

O blew out of there.

Professor Rowan seemed wind blown as he said, "er, and can you do me a favor?" Klazam replied, "I really should go and get home, so sorry."

" Ah, hmm. Okay. You two can keep your Pokemon."

Klazam arrived to his home, and told his mom everything that happened. After getting mom's approval, he went up to his room to play with his newfound buddy.

He released the Turtwig. "Now, what should I call you? You look like a turtle, so how about Turtle Soup?"

"No."

Klazam yelped in alarm. He knew that Pokemon couldn't speak.

"Do not be afraid, my name is Maturin. I am both this Pokemon, and something much greater than this form I take now. Your friend is really unfortunate, because the Crimson King will soon make him a pawn in his mad quest to destroy the Dark Tower."

"What. Wait. Who."

"Do not worry. You will soon see how things are. You must set out on a quest of your own, to stop the Crimson King and his pawn. Even now, he is on his way to enslave the most powerful trainers in the land, the guardians of the Dark Tower in this parallel universe. You must break his spell on all of them and conquer the Dark Tower for yourself, to protect the Rose and the Door from all agents of chaos."

"Uh."

"Like I said you will learn. On our journey, more shall join our Ka-Tet. group bound together by fate These Pokemon who join us will be reflections of another powerful Ka-Tet in the Keystone World. These Pokemon will have unique characters. It is up to you to bind them together, and make them into the best Pokemon team in the land of Sinnoh.

"So I got to go and beat the elite four, and catch other Pokemon, to save this tower you speak of? I can try."

"There is no try, only do."

With that cryptic sentence, Klazam embarked on his great quest.

Maturin the Turtwig
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:39 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

I'm just going to pretend O is me.

Have fun, don't die, grind like hell.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:30 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Choosing nicknames is so hard! How do you guys do it? D:
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:26 am

Post by Klazam »

Easy, choose a source material then give them barely suitable nicknames.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:12 am

Post by Klazam »

Spoiler: Chapter 2
Chapter 2: The Meeting of the Ka-Tet

Klazam set out upon his journey. After jogging through some tall grass, he made it to Sandgem Town without incident. He went in a store, bought some poke balls, and went back to route 201.

"Okay, let's catch our first Pokemon, Maturin!"

"Oy."

"What was that?"

A Bidoof appeared, with curious gold-rimmed eyes. She barked "Oy!"

Maturin said "So the drawing of the Ka-Tet begins. This is Oy, a fiercely loyal spirit. Klazam! Catch Oy, and let us begin our quest."

"Zam! Oy! Quest!"

Klazam, perplexed by this exchange, threw a pokeball, regardless. Oy was drawn inside, without any struggle.

Klazam went back to Sandgem, and to route 202. He saw Dawn standing there, so he jogged over and said, "Hi! Have you seen O?" "O?" "My friend who runs everywhere." "Oh no, but I can show you how to catch a Pokemon." "Nah, I know how."dear god, I wish this was possible

After bypassing Dawn, Klazam made his way to Jublife City, but not before meeting another Pokemon. This one was a Starly with a intelligent and mischievous gleam in his eye. "Hey how ya doing? Name's Eddie Dean. I hear that you need some help, so I'm here, to take down the Crimson King."

Klazam went in the city, and bumped in O in front of the trainer school. O seemed a bit out of it.

"Hi, everything all right?"

"Los' the Red has shown me so much. Klazam. I am going to become the most powerful trainer in the land. Nobody will stop me."

And with that he walked (!!!) off.

Klazam was worried, to see this so fundamental a shift in O's character. Maybe Maturin was right? He went to route 218, and met a man with a old rod. The guy gave Klazam the rod, and showed him how to fish. On his first try, he hooked a Pokemon.

A Magikarp splashed out of the water. "MAH NEW HONKY FRIEND, YOU NEVAH GOAN CATCH ME, JUST WATCH ME YOU HONKY MAHFAH."

Eddie Dean's ball popped open, and Eddie came out, looked at the Magikarp with cool eyes. "I know her. She's Detta Walker. A downright nasty one, but catch her. She'll come around eventually." "DA HONKY HAS A PET PARROT.." "Shut up Detta. Klazam, catch her and hurry up!"

Ok, ball, catch.

Klazam groaned. A Magikarp? And a bitchy one at that? This trip will be a long one...

North he went. As he was walking in tall grass, a Budew popped out. Klazam knelt down and patted the Budew on its head. "Now which one are you? OWWW"

The Budew bit Klazam, and squeaked "Budew!"

Klazam threw Maturin's ball out. " And who is this, Maturin?"

"A Budew. Only certain Pokemon has been inhabited by the keystone Ka-Tet. This is not one of them. Do not catch it, and allow me to knock it out."

Past that Budew, was a cave. Klazam popped in for a short look, and promptly was greeted by a silent Zubat. This Zubat seemed quite tired.

Maturin said, "and now we meet the most powerful member of our Ka-Tet, Roland Deschain. He is the Gunslinger of the Keystone World. This Zubat will possess an unearthly speed, and be very accurate." Ball. Catch.

Klazam turned back, and walked East of Jublife. He saw O walking up to him, so Klazam hurried up to meet O before he went off again.

O looked at Klazam, with an eerie smile. "Your friend O is dead now. I am Walter O'Dim. You have been drawn in an ancient struggle unwittingly. I'll offer you a way to stay alive: hand over all your pokeballs and go back home."

Maturin the Turtwig
Oy the Bidoof
Eddie Dean the Starly Shaping up to be a true badass. Like 80% of his attacks are critical hits.
Detta Walker the Magikarp
Roland Deschain the Zubat
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:26 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

You are going to have the same issue I'm having: Electricity weakness. Oy's second stage, Eddie Dean, Detta (Who, as a gyarados, has a 4x weakness to elec) and Zubat all have weaknesses to it.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:27 am

Post by Klazam »

Spoiler: not a issue
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:53 am

Post by dramonic »

Bidoof is actually good.
Simple is an amazing ability <_<
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

D: lvl 30 female Noctowl
Trey: lvl 30 male Poliwhirl
En Re: lvl 30 male Raticate
Deion: lvl 30 male Quilava
Art: lvl 16 Magnemite
Lyna: lvl 14 female Koffing

Box:
Kine: lvl 5 female Zubat
Mini: lvl 5 male Togepi
JXVIV: lvl 6 male Slowpoke
Rah: lvl 12 female Psyduck

Dead:
Mash: lvl 27 female Weepingbloom (killed by a crit hit Fire Punch in Cinnawood Gym)
Coffee: lvl 30 female Graveler (one-hit KO by Steelix's Iron Tail, managed to do a lot of damage before dying though)
To be clear: quack
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Cheery Dog, the female Bidoof, has perished. :(
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I find that hard to believe... Bidoof is like a cockroach: no one wants them, but they are almost impossible to kill.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Post by DeasVail »

It was a critical hit from that Abra with Hidden Power in Jubilife.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Well... That would do it. All SpA, no defense.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 361, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:No NPC pokemon

What exactly is the whole entailing of NPC pokes? Traded, gifted to you (for example, the happiny egg? Laparas from Gen1), randomly found pokemon in pokeballs (the famous eevee in gen1)? I currently am looking for a team replacement and think a chancey would help.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Post by Klazam »

I'd say no legendaries, and no trades
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Okay, so I'm going to take the Happiny from harthrome.

I guess I should update.

My party:
Mumble the Prinplup (5-25)
Mystogan the Kadabra (5-25)
Zorro the Roselia (4-26)
Jese James the bibarel (3-25)

Dead
Frightful the Staravia (3-25)

I got into a double battle on Route 215. Each trainer had two, the first being a glameow and monferno. I cleared both with Frightful and Jese, though it took two turns and the first turn, Jese took damage from a super effective Mach punch that put him down to 3/4 health. Afterwards, all hell broke loose as they sent out an Kadabra and Gyarados. Intimidate hit, but I had nothing to safely come in (my tank was already out and Mumble had no added benefit in this). I thought the Kadabra was going to be worse and so I hit it with both pokemon. Well, Kadabra moved first, hitting frightful to halfway with a stab confusion. Frightful and Jese knocked it out, but Gyrados thrashed Frightful and killed it. That beast absorbed literally 7 more attacks before I dragged it down, ending with Mumble and Zorro trying to stop it.

I really needed Frightful for balance, but also realized that he probably wouldn't last long. I was hoping to use him for the fighting gym with mystogan, but alas, I couldn't even get there. Now, I have only one pokemon covering the fighting/grass issues that could come up easily, and nothing on the insect issue. Happiny, the egg I acquired, may stop that, but that'll be a major wall to toxic with and tank. I need a second tank, to be honest. My last pokemon will be an attempt at a ground, whether from a geodude (last ditch), Wooper, or Gabite (who would be an incredible add once I get strength... he's what I've been banking on if I can get him faster than Rilou). If I lose another, hopefully it'll be Jese, since he is the only offset on the team right now. I wouldn't mind beating the fighting gym and then going three wall normal. (Bibarel, Blissey, and Snorlax, should I find the Munchlax tree, and I'm trying hard, lathering all routes with honey trees and avoiding pokemon there. Only 4/20 trees have Munchlax percent, and I only get the first attempt.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by Chevre »

Went on a trip, and would've had opportunity to play but foolishly left my DS behind. Still grinding to 25 for Morty. Nobody's died.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae

Return to “The Arcade”