Micro 89 ~ Mafia Rarefaction Segunda (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:00 am

Post by StefanB »

Sorry to do that.

Mod: Please replace me

I have more stress than exspected in christmas and I don't know if I have regular internet in the new year.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:59 am

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count XXIV

:right: Trevor (L-3) ~ Parama
Leafsnail (L-3) ~ Trevor
Tierce (L-3) ~ Konowa
Konowa (L-3) ~ Aeris
Parama (L-3) ~ Leafsnail

Not Voting:
callforjudgement (StefanB), Tierce

-StefanB is being replaced. Please hold...

-callforjudgement replaces StefanB. Welcome him!

--With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
--Deadline is December 31, 2012 (in (expired on 2012-12-31 21:00:00)).
Last edited by Vi on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Trevor
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by Trevor »

I think Konowa is still the second scum. His conversation with Leafsnail seems contrived and they're putting no pressure on each other, just asking basic questions.

Vote: Leafsnail
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Wow, this game is a tough read. (I followed most of day 1, but then sort-of drifted away.) Not so much "tough" as in "hard to struggle through", but as in "why are all these people so hard to read?" We have a case of most players being hyper-cryptic, with Tierce spamming walls, and neither is so easy to detect motivation from (although the walls are better).

My strongest townread from the reread is on Aeris. It's not 100%, but it's still pretty strong. If she's scum with anyone, it's with Tierce, but I consider that a pretty unlikely situation. (I'll explain if anyone cares, but I hope it's obvious.)

Tierce, are you still jetlagged/sleep-deprived? (Incidentally, I'm having trouble sticking to a consistent sleep pattern at the moment, so I know how it must feel.) I'm somewhat concerned about your alignment this game (and not just because of the "Tierce is never town with CFJ" fundamental rule of the universe); it's a little hard to articulate what my problem with your play is, but it feels a little like you're being a little too fixated on trying to be Tiercy, rather than on trying to just sit down and play the game. I'd expect someone who's agitated and busy and whose mind isn't on the game to perhaps post less, or to be less thorough in checking things, or to just make blatant mistakes about the gamestate (see: me in Marketplace Mafia, I was pretty busy during that and the 1-day deadlines didn't help). Instead, you're mostly acting like you normally do, except a bit angrier than usual; there's just as much diligence, but there's various things dotted around that seem a bit suspicious. (The self-meta thing worries me in a way because I'm wondering if Tierce is doing so much work
in order to be lazy
; if you're not really sure how to look like town, trying to act like you normally do with a bit of extra suspicion thrown around is probably the course of least resistance.)

[PEDIT but it was quite early through writing this post, so more like a preview reaction:] Trevor, have you just been prodded? Or did you come back to the thread of your own accord? (And in either case, why were you gone for so long?)

Parama is ugh to read. He doesn't always post like this, and I don't know how to read him when he is. Parama, how strong is your read on Trevor? You have options ranging from "good enough for a vote" to "100% confirmed scum I'll quit playing if he flips town and possibly I'll quit playing if you don't lynch him today because you've destroyed my faith in humanity's ability to spot derpovious scum". And everything in between, of course.

Leafsnail is the other person I have a leaning-scum read on, but it's not very strong. In particular, he seems to go back and forth on whether he wants a Parama lynch or not, in a way that looks to me like a "can I get him lynched?" mindset, rather than an "is he scum?" mindset. (BTW, even after reading your posts, I'm still not sure what your read on Parama is at the moment. Care to commit to a decision for the record?)

Not commenting on Konowa right now.

Incidentally, I'm having LA problems at the moment. It's a case of if I get online, I'll have plenty of time to read and write stuff and so on, but I may be absent for longer than usual due to not being able to get online.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 578, callforjudgement wrote:Tierce, are you still jetlagged/sleep-deprived? (Incidentally, I'm having trouble sticking to a consistent sleep pattern at the moment, so I know how it must feel.) I'm somewhat concerned about your alignment this game (and not just because of the "Tierce is never town with CFJ" fundamental rule of the universe); it's a little hard to articulate what my problem with your play is, but it feels a little like you're being a little too fixated on trying to be Tiercy, rather than on trying to just sit down and play the game. I'd expect someone who's agitated and busy and whose mind isn't on the game to perhaps post less, or to be less thorough in checking things, or to just make blatant mistakes about the gamestate (see: me in Marketplace Mafia, I was pretty busy during that and the 1-day deadlines didn't help). Instead, you're mostly acting like you normally do, except a bit angrier than usual; there's just as much diligence, but there's various things dotted around that seem a bit suspicious. (The self-meta thing worries me in a way because I'm wondering if Tierce is doing so much work in order to be lazy; if you're not really sure how to look like town, trying to act like you normally do with a bit of extra suspicion thrown around is probably the course of least resistance.)
My flights started on the 17th, morning time, GMT, and ended on the 18th, late evening, PST. I had quite long layovers between the three flights, including a 14h one in Dublin--so during those two days I was actually checking on MS quite often, even if not posting here much. Since then, I've been posting considerably less, because now I am actually busy with doing stuff + jetlag + crazy schedule. I should post more now, because the other half is going to work in a couple of hours--but frankly I need a nap and wrapping gifts, so let's see if I can start rereading before 6 am.

Angry... not really? Don't confuse anger with frustration, which was what I was feeling on D1, iirc. I am less thorough in checking things (I haven't reread yet, for example, other than the occasional ISO to check on a chain of events for a brief comment, nor have I extensively commented on recent posts that do not involve me--recently there hasn't been scumhunting because "not reading" means "I don't have stuff to poke at that wasn't directed at me"), but I do have a good memory and don't forget earlier gamestate things that easily. It seems kind of hard to forget things in a 9p game, anyway.

(Personally, I'm taking it as a compliment that I'm coming across as capable even though my brain is going wheeeee windvane bunny hop bunny hop movies diners night caching card games etc.)

"Doing so much work in order to be lazy"...? What? I don't get it. No, it doesn't work like that, I really do take paths of least resistance as scum and massive post streaks for hours on end is NOT my scum play. My Town meta comes very naturally, and I am rather aware of both my Town and scum meta--but go through my Town and scum games and see how many times I've referenced my scum meta and yet proved incapable of changing it. I really really suck at :effort: as scum.

New meta, for those unaware: I am one head of the Jabberwock hydra and the vast majority of our posts in Mini 1398 are mine. There's quite a bit of "yep haven't reread Day 1 flying by the seat of our
pants
scales here" throughout D2, and the timeline roughly matches this game's.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

PFP also at party. May get decent post later.

I have been good with a Parama lynch for a long time. I can't distinguish scum from town-playing-scum but I do think there's no town justfication for his behaviour.

@Tierce please talk about Parama
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Post by Tierce »

Tierce isn't talking about anyone at the moment, Leafsnail. I haven't reread at all to see how the flips affect my thoughts, and there has been quite a lot on my mind that I think a fresh reread might help a lot, so I won't give a half-arsed outdated read.

In post 578, callforjudgement wrote:I'd expect someone who's agitated and busy and whose mind isn't on the game to perhaps post less, or to be less thorough in checking things
...this seems like it would have been the perfect excuse for Tierce-scum to lurk during a period of agitation, and I didn't take it. The periods of high-activity posting you are referring to seem to fit with a couple of days before my trip + the layovers (frankly haven't checked, can't be bothered atm, and my memory of those 44 hours of traveling is all fuzzy). The fact that I
did
keep posting should be reading to you as someone who is invested and interested in the game, and anyone who knows me knows what that means about my alignment (...this is pretty sad re: what it means for my scum meta).

Of course, the last two-three RL days are all :hitoshrug: because I skim this thread for my name and then go out the door again. >.> <.< There are pugs to play with, stop looking at me like that.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Post by Tierce »

Oooh I think I see it. You're comparing my play here to your Mini Normal game?

You're making the wrong comparison. I had far more time/patience/willingness/what have you before the 19th in this game than I have now--the correct comparison is now = my Scumburgh + Ireland V/LA behavior in that game.

(Thankfully,
this
game has decent human beings for players afaik.)
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:03 pm

Not to that one in particular. (In fact, I keep much less track of my player's metas when I'm modding then when I'm reading a game from outside. More the games I've played where we were both players, and a few I was following with you in.)

You're town, btw. I set at least two traps for you in my replacement-in post, and you didn't bite on either of them. (Perhaps just because you don't remember my meta as well as I hope you did.) There's also rather less indignancy that I'd expect from scum-Tierce in your replies.
scum
town
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 583, callforjudgement wrote:You're town, btw. I set at least two traps for you in my replacement-in post, and you didn't bite on either of them.
(Perhaps just because you don't remember my meta as well as I hope you did.)

:? How do either my inability to spot/bite on traps (I didn't see any of them, but I am very visibly skimming) or, more importantly, my scatterbrained state/forgetfulness of your meta make me Town? This doesn't seem to make much sense.

(You could have
asked
, I would have told you I'm Town. >.>)
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Because I expected you to be pushing on me at least slightly if you were scum. (And I gave you some things to seize on if you wanted to, at least one of which is meta-dependent.) It's rare for scum to not try to keep their options open, especially in a setup like this.
scum
town
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Post by Aeris »

I had a dream about this game last night. Tierce and parama were scum and falcon was yelling at me in the dead qt for still having them as town reads.

I've had mafia dreams before, but never about an actual ongoing game.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:15 pm

Post by Aeris »

Oh cfj is still and I'm interested in his comments on konowa when he makes them.

I looked into Trevor and noticed that he's been mislynched day one several times, so now I'm wondering if his self-preservation during the day one lynch is due to that or to him trying to save konowa as I previously thought.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Post by Aeris »

*cfj is still town. I don't know whatmy problem is
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Post by Leafsnail »

To clarify my 4am post somewhat
In post 580, Leafsnail wrote:I have been good with a Parama lynch for a long time.

"Good with a Parama lynch" = supported it since mid day-one. Ultimately it became clear a Parama lynch wasn't happening yesterday though (multiple inexplicable townreads) so I had to settle for finding a second best option. This morning I voted Trevor for the self-preservation hammer vote but Parama's new play is unforgivable so I went back to him (if someone won't answer questions there isn't really any option other than to vote them).

In post 586, Aeris wrote:I had a dream about this game last night. Tierce and parama were scum and falcon was yelling at me in the dead qt for still having them as town reads..

See? Your subconscious can see that their interactions are suspicious. QED, lynch Parama.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:58 am

Post by Parama »

What happens when I flip town, then? :V
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:31 am

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count XXV

:right: Trevor (L-3) ~ Parama
Tierce (L-3) ~ Konowa
Konowa (L-3) ~ Aeris
Parama (L-3) ~ Leafsnail
Leafsnail (L-3) ~
(Trevor,)
Trevor

Not Voting:
callforjudgement, Tierce

-Konowa is being prodded...

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Trevor
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by Trevor »

Vote: Konowa

Promise me you'll get Leafsnail next.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:29 pm

Post by Tierce »

Prod dodge. Reading 24 pages shouldn't be a chore, especially when I don't have to read Falcon's posts other than for confTown opinions, but. ._.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count XXVI

:right: Konowa (L-2) ~ Aeris, Trevor
Trevor (L-3) ~ Parama
Tierce (L-3) ~ Konowa
Parama (L-3) ~ Leafsnail
Leafsnail (L-4) ~
(Trevor)

Not Voting:
callforjudgement, Tierce

-Aeris is being prodded...

-callforjudgement is being prodded...

callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:44 am

Prod pickup.

I'm pretty disappointed with everyone, really. I don't normally post except when there's actually something to say, and basically nothing interesting has happened since my catchup posts.

I guess I'll have to go reread everyone again and try to cause a storm, or something, but I can't get round to that until later in the day.
scum
town
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:34 am

Post by Parama »

Aeris can you please get off the wagon Trevor's only voting on to prevent his own lynch? Preferably with a vote on Trevor instead? Kthx
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:58 am

Post by Aeris »

Do you have a town read on konowa? If so, why?

Still waiting to hear cfj's comments on konowa.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:01 am

Post by Parama »

I don't really have a town read
Nor do I have a scum read
But Trevor's just voting Konowa for self-preservation and you know it
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:21 am

Re: Konowa, I originally withheld my read on him for two reasons: he's mostly been lurkish and I was hoping to get him to react (it was originally going to be Trevor but he posted while I was writing my catchup message so I had to pick someone else), and also that I wanted to see how the playerlist as a whole would react to me withholding a read for no apparent reason. Slightly annoyingly, the only player who really reacted to it was Aeris, and it was a town reaction IMO (I was hoping for a scum reaction from someone, such as trying to accuse me of being scum with Konowa on the basis of that alone). I tried waiting for people to post more but ended up getting prodded instead :(

Konowa hasn't given that much to work with, but I get the feeling that he isn't scum, except possibly with Parama. Nobody else really makes sense as a partner IMO. (Also, re , I've been in a game where Tierce was scum, town broke the remaining setup, and she got breaking-strategied to death; sadly it was eaten by tigers and I can't link it as a result. So she should at least be aware of the possibility.)
scum
town

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”