Mini 368: Town Of Suspicion - Game over!

M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:19 am

Post by M4yhem »

Good to see the site again.
I've actually been reading some of the invitational while it was down, so now I know what you're talking about. But LML is smart enough to fake a townie claim, I would have thought, so I don't consider this any kind of evidence at all.
I'm inclined to believe Relyte is town, because every time I've claimed as scum I've claimed a power role. Doesn't mean that he's not under scrutiny though.

I'm fairly happy with PJ's summary of events. For those who didn't read them, I made some fantastically intelligent arguements against Relyte, who defended himself so poorly that he tricked me into believing he was scum. But then I came to my senses. Bad Relyte!

Now, our next logical bandwagon is obviously pj, because he's scum. Duh.
Unvote, vote:petroleumjelly

Whaddaya mean, why?
Oh, okay. Reasons. I didn't much like that post where he was like 'I always omgus'.
I've seen scum say that to cover thier overreactions. I've also done it myself as scum.
Besides, my gut says he's bad and that's good enough for day one, surely?

Lordy,
what happened to the deadline? I'm guessing it was extended, but how long for? Also, can we have a vote count, thankyou please? cheers.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

M4yhem wrote:Reasons. I didn't much like that post where he was like 'I always omgus'.
I've seen scum say that to cover thier overreactions. I've also done it myself as scum.
Besides, my gut says he's bad and that's good enough for day one, surely?
Apparently I need to clarify yet again. I only OMGUS when I believe:

1.) That somebody is presenting a fabricated argument against me
2.) That somebody is being inconsistent in their suspicions
3.) That somebody is taking advantage of a wagon on me without giving it proper thought

So it's not like I "always OMGUS", I only do that if I feel it is warranted. Of course, I am inclined to believe that people who vote for me are either stupid, or scum. Possibly both. And my post which explains this focused on the fact that I am
rarely ever bandwagoned
, so it's really no wonder that Thok finds it odd to see me OMGUSing, simply because I am hardly ever in the position to do so.

Also, M4yhem, would you please point out my "overreactions" that I was "covering"? That line interests me in particular.

As it is, the person whose attack I can "see" the most is Thok, although he is wrong, and I also believe he was trying to create something from nothing early in the game concerning the unvote issue. Al_Ko seemed too opportunistic for my liking (and, of course, his post has since been deleted so I can't reference it at this time). I am undecided on CTD, because I do not believe he has played enough with Rosso or CES to understand my stances on those two players. I did not much like M4yhem's last post, and I will probably have to review his posts over again soon to come to a firmer opinion. I doubt I even need to expand on my current opinion of Rosso.

I will note a fun fact, however. I will have been playing on Mafia Scum for eleven months tomorrow, and to this day, I have never been lynched as Town in a forum game. Basically, if I'm lynched this game, I will devote my signature to this game, saying something along the lines of "best scum/dumbest town". Just a warning in advance.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:11 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:I will note a fun fact, however. I will have been playing on Mafia Scum for eleven months tomorrow, and to this day, I have never been lynched as Town in a forum game. Basically, if I'm lynched this game, I will devote my signature to this game, saying something along the lines of "best scum/dumbest town". Just a warning in advance.
And this argument is supposed to make us believe you are protown? "I'm town, and you're idiots?" I expect better from you. God, this is starting to remind me of your arguments in Gambits II.

PJ, what do you think of mith's reaction to my question to him?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:36 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Pfft. I mentioned explicitly that was a "fun fact" and not a "defense" of any sort, you can think what you want. This game has mostly been a waste of my time after LML abandoned it. And also, I am really missing how this game compares at all to Gambits II. Please elaborate.

Just read mith's response, and I am not really concerned with his stance on the breadcrumb. I agree LML's breadcrumb was not 'strong' by any means, so I can easily imagine other players missing it (especially since mith never even played in that game). However, I am surprised he is going back to voting Relyte.

Thok, what do you think of M4yhem's last post (275)?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:30 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:Pfft. I mentioned explicitly that was a "fun fact" and not a "defense" of any sort, you can think what you want. This game has mostly been a waste of my time after LML abandoned it. And also, I am really missing how this game compares at all to Gambits II. Please elaborate.
Really, it's all the backtracking to justify stuff, and all of the craplogic I fell you are giving out. It's also a case to observe that I do know how you respond to being attacked as scum. (Now that I think about it, I have seen you attacked when you were town, Ms Satanic Nun.)
Just read mith's response, and I am not really concerned with his stance on the breadcrumb. I agree LML's breadcrumb was not 'strong' by any means, so I can easily imagine other players missing it (especially since mith never even played in that game). However, I am surprised he is going back to voting Relyte.
You do realize that mith was the
mod
(along with DP) of the five year invitational, and LML specifically discussed his day 1 roleclaim with him to check to see that he would avoid being modkilled.
Thok, what do you think of M4yhem's last post (275)?
Feh, I'm neutral about it. My general feeling is that M4yhem is way overaggressive in general, and his post reflects that. On the other hand, I agree with his attacks on you, and I agree with where his vote is.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:02 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Thok wrote:Really, it's all the backtracking to justify stuff, and all of the craplogic I fell you are giving out. It's also a case to observe that I do know how you respond to being attacked as scum. (Now that I think about it, I have seen you attacked when you were town, Ms Satanic Nun.)
Backtracking? If changing my mind during the course of the game is backtracking, my apologies. I do not think this game can even be compared to Gambits II. Firstly (and most importantly) I was scum in Gambits II, and I am town in this game (although you clearly think this is a point of dispute). Secondly, in Gambits II, I was not attacked whatsoever until I made my "repartitition" of kills post, which was done for purposes of letting both scum groups systematically kill the town (which I had thought was insanely clever at the time, but was in actuality quite silly). Thirdly, after I was attacked, I had purposely planned on claiming Judas, so I just screwed around so that I would have a "reason" for looking scummy on purpose. After that, I pretty much tried to mislead the town as much as possible before death. I really fail to see a comparison.

Also, I was not attacked in Verbose II. My Masonic partners, MikeBurnFire and Cogito Ergo Sum were attacked,
not
me. And in fact, if you remember that game whatsoever (which you should) I directly attacked those players who ever threatened to lynch the Masonry. Do you remember my arguments with Werebear, by chance? Or how I responded to LML and
you
attacking CES on Day Three? I did not suffer anybody suspicious of me or my Mason group kindly.

In fact, you should very much
know
I am OMGUSy as town, Mr. Fiddling-While-Rome-Burns. Thank you for pointing this out to me, I hadn't considered that angle on your play this game.

Also, no, I thought that Dragon Phoenix was the moderator of Invitational #5. I thought mith was simply the figure-head, and simply knew the set-up was Mountainous.

Also, that's an interesting response to M4yhem's last post. Did nothing strike you about:
M4yhem wrote:I'm inclined to believe Relyte is town, because every time I've claimed as scum I've claimed a power role.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:32 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:Also, that's an interesting response to M4yhem's last post. Did nothing strike you about:
M4yhem wrote:I'm inclined to believe Relyte is town, because every time I've claimed as scum I've claimed a power role.
I think the sentiment is semireasonable. I don't think M4yhem is correct to blindly assume that his behaviour as scum is reflected in all players (And in Relyte is particular). On the other hand, from what I've seen, LML does prefer to make fancy claims to simple claims given the choice. (L'layne made a similar point in the Five Year Invitational; that's the post I mentioned before.)

As I've said, I don't think blindly assuming that Relyte would behave in that way is good logic by M4yhem, but I find it consistent with what I know of M4yhem's play as town.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:19 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Do you have a response for whether or not you agree my OMGUSery is "consisent with what you know of my play as town", now that I you have been so kind as to bring up Verbose II? I am honestly interested to know.

Other games I can recall off the top of my head where I was attacked as town were:
-Most Mountainousest. In specific, I was accused of OMGUSery with Kelly, for "avoiding questions" by Gmk, for being "cocky" by Atticus, for "overreacting" by various players. These all seem to be relevant to this game. I have been a little OMGUSy, Thok accused me of "avoiding questions" when I was actually trying to respond to his questions, and lately I have been called out for 'overreacting'.

-PrimeTime. This is a particularly good example of me being OMGUSy as town. The claimed Mason, Lloyd, expressed suspicion on me, which I would have no part in. I promptly shut him down, and also asked for him to be nightkilled. I was planning on Vigging him that game when it got to Night 4 because I was getting so frustrated with him trying to warp me into looking like scum.

-No Use for a Title. Another game where I was a Mason, so I messed around for a little bit before I got serious. My largest nay-sayer in that game was Glork, so I promptly returned the favor.

-Wheel of Time. The best example of the group. Instead of OMGUSing people during the day (although I did plenty of that too), I simply Vigged people at night if they did anything towards expressing suspicion of me.

And, of course, there is also Verbose II, which you kindly pointed out, where I was OMGUSy not only for myself, but also for my two Mason partners. I think you are pulling your theory from your ass, to be frank, and I thought the same thing about you being "suspicious" of my refusal to unvote you during the random voting stage on Page 2.

I get the feeling you are looking for a challenge.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:09 pm

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:And, of course, there is also Verbose II, which you kindly pointed out, where I was OMGUSy not only for myself, but also for my two Mason partners. I think you are pulling your theory from your ass, to be frank, and I thought the same thing about you being "suspicious" of my refusal to unvote you during the random voting stage on Page 2.

I get the feeling you are looking for a challenge.
I don't actually think you were that OMGUSery in Verbose II. (For example, you were suspcious of me early on Day 2 in that game for reaosns that had nothing to do with OMGUS, and you guys were relatively patient with Werebear.)
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:27 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Wow, what? Did you play in the same game as I did?

Simply because I didn't have Werebear lynched immediately does not mean I was not OMGUSy (or that I was "patient"). Anybody and everybody who expressed any suspicion on either myself or a Mason partner were immediately told to look elsewhere or voted. As you may remember, FoSing was
not allowed
in that game, or else I would have done a heck of a lot more of it. Quoting was also
not allowed
in that game, or else I would have done more of that, specifically to address the stupid arguments which implied that the Masonry "might be scum". The fact was, I needed approval of my partners to go lynching people, and since
both
MBF and CES thought Werebear was a bad lynch for much of the game (I believe we even posted some summarized night discussion to this affect), that was pretty much my reasoning for not screaming for his head the entire game.

But here is a game I
know
mith has read, and I definitely want to know what he thinks about your latest post.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:51 pm

Post by Thok »

Uh yes I did see the same game as you did. The day that I brought up Satan in Verbose II, you nominated three people: Fritzler, me and LML. Fritzler had nothing to do with Satan. You had already expressed suspicions of me the previous day based off of the voting/nomination record, and probably would have nominated me independent of Satan. You did nominate and vote for LML partially based off of Satan, but LML also messed up badly enough that I starting bussing him, and in your nomination for LML you gave a 6 point argument to justify it, of which none of those points involved Satan (rather they pointed out places where LML had been sloppy and unobservant). So yeah there's not much OMGUS there.

On looking over the thread, you were more OMGUSy of Werebear than I thought. I'll give you that much. (Although frankly Werebear deserved it, and that's long term OMGUS, as opposed to the immediate reactions I'm seeing here.)
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:06 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Fair point, however there is another thing you should think about in context.

I could not defend CES (or attack LML) on the basis of calling out CES for his Satan restriction. That would have tied myself too blatanly into being CES' Mason partner, so I was very careful not to associate myself with CES or MBF if I could help doing so. In essence, I was building a case primarily on the basis that LML was attacking CES, and from that, I also noticed other behavior I did not particularly like on behalf of LML, so that nobody would draw any possible connections.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:04 pm

Post by M4yhem »

All this talking about games I've never heard off is not very helpful. Can you concentrate on the actual game, please?
PJ, I never accused you of overreacting specifically. I just meant that you were using an arguement used by me as scum before, ie 'I always omgus' and I thought you might be covering yourself, in case you slip up later.

I'm aware that Relyte doesn't nessecarily act the same way I do. It's just that, generally speaking, scum seem to claim powerroles when they claim. Probably because claimed townies are seen as expendable.
I'm not that happy with Relyte. It's just that he finally gave reasons for his behaviour which made him look a little protown (which disappeard post-crash)and so I'm willing to look at other people, for the moment.

People I lean towards seeing as pro-town: Alky + Crash, who both are acting pretty much the way they act as townies, though I would need a lot more from both of them to be sure.

Mith, don't you think the Relyte wagon has run its course?
PJ- Who should we be killing, if not you? You're not trying to get me lynch off of one bad post, are you? For shame. Also, you should know that being mentioned in your sig is not a disincentive to lynch you, so quit your scaremongering.
Pooky, Relyte, Crash, Al_Ko, you still playing? How about some input?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:36 pm

Post by Thok »

M4yhem wrote:All this talking about games I've never heard off is not very helpful. Can you concentrate on the actual game, please?
PJ, I never accused you of overreacting specifically. I just meant that you were using an arguement used by me as scum before, ie 'I always omgus' and I thought you might be covering yourself, in case you slip up later.
You do realize that part of the reason we're discussing other games is that part of my attack on PJ is that I feel he's behaving differently than his normal protown persona. Mentioning other games is a way to address these issues. This isn't an arguement between randomly programmed mafia playing robots 13 and 48, but between PJ and Thok, people with a nontrivial amount of history and general philosophy that can be analyzed and assessed.
Relyte
Relyte
Goon
Relyte
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:04 pm

Post by Relyte »

Yeah. I'm around. Last time I gave my thoughts though, I was nearly lynched. Anyway, PJ is scummy in my eyes now. He starts jumping at whoever is scummiest at the time. (Common, but well, he just seems to want to jump on who the new one is.) Then his post, about "worst" town, just made him look like, you're stupid if you lynch me. I don't like PJ at all.

Vote: Petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:35 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

That post makes no sense to me, Relyte.
Relyte wrote:He starts jumping at whoever is scummiest at the time.
1.) How is the town supposed to catch scum if people do not jump on "the scummiest people"? This is no reason to lynch
anybody
. If I tried to falsely make somebody look scummy, that is a completely seperate accusation (one in which I would definitely ask for even one example of), but here is something you ought to know:

Jumping on scummy people is what townspeople are supposed to do.

2.)
Relyte wrote:Then his post, about "worst" town, just made him look like, you're stupid if you lynch me. I don't like PJ at all.
I agree with the first half. You are either scum, stupid, or very misled if you lynch me. What do you expect me to say?

3.) That was a
horrible
post, especially considering the fact that you are know "jumping" on me (who you see as "scummy"), which is something you apparently find scummy when
other
people do it.

4.) I have also just noticed that Thok and Al_Kohaulec attacked me for when I voted you, Relyte, while afterwards saying that if you claimed anything at all, it would be a Townie if you were town. They apparently find it suspicious that I was "voting for somebody I thought was town" (which is untrue), but nobody mentioned your your comments during your argument with M4yhem. Specifically, the fact that you were voting for him while also saying "but I think we are townies bickering". Unfortunately, those posts have been deleted.

So let's see, who has voted for me (not necessarily those who are voting me currently)?

Thok
Rosso
CrashTextDummie (Tyfo)
Al_Kohaulec
M4yhem (Seol)
Relyte (LoudmouthLee)

I am very much a believer of deconstructing bandwagons for information, and I am of the opinion that
at least
two scum have voted for me. Since I believe this game only has a mafia group (as I clearly expressed at the beginning of the game), depending on the make-up of the scum group, it is possible for the third scum (if the mafia is the traditional three players) is either trying to distance from his/her partners, or it is also possible that they are all trying to get me lynched.

I have a few theories, and trying to decide between them is difficult.

Theory #1
: I have been getting a vibe between Relyte + M4yhem, and it came primarily from their argument which took up an entire page and has since been deleted. Relyte "attacked" M4yhem, but during this attack, he constantly said "but I feel we are two townies bickering", and then analyzed all four possible situations (even those situations which allowed Relyte to be scum) and once again decided that M4yhem was probably a Townie. After they have now essentially IGMEOY'd each other and waved fingers threateningly, they are coalescing onto my wagon based on others' reasoning, and M4yhem used
horrible
logic in order to "believe" Relyte's claim of Townie (which boiled down to "If
I
were scum, I would have claimed a power role, so Relyte is probably town").

I cannot pin down a third mafiate if this is the case. If I am lynched, this is the first place I would want to kick with a steel-toed boot, although I would more emphatically suggest:

Theory #2
: Thok is trying to take "the hard road" in lynching people who have been known as "exceedingly difficult to lynch", such as myself and mith. Although he is obviously consistent with his damned metagame lynches (which is ironic since I don't think he can read me whatsoever, and I don't think I can read him very well either), I really feel like he has been pulling a lot of things out of his ass. Five big examples of this are:

A.)
My refusal to unvote Thok during the random voting stage. There is absolutely no problem with this, and it is not scummy. Thok, however, kept pushing the issue, as if it were larger than it truly is.

B.)
Thok then claimed I was "avoiding his questions", here:
Thok wrote:I will admit that I am trying to bait you a bit for reactions/clarification; but it bothers me that you took like three posts to actually get my point (which I thought was clear; maybe others will disagree).
When it should be pretty clear I was
trying
to answer his questions. This is not the first time I have been accused of "avoiding the question", and I sincerely urge you to read Gmk's posts against me in Most Mountainousest. Sometimes I address posts how I interpret them, and that can be different than what the author of the post intended.

C.)
Thok has tried to paint me into being "more OMGUSy than usual", which I think is a completely unsupported metagame, and in fact, I have shown
five seperate games
to disprove that theory. Thok has actually yet to address whether or not he believes I am not OMGUSy as town.

D.)
Thok has tried to use the fact that I am "not as thorough as he would expect" against me, when I am fairly sure he is more than aware that I do not have an infinite amount of time to be as thorough as humanly possible. I try to keep up with games and post as I see fit, and that's all I promise to do in any given game. It's not my job to summarize everything that ever happens and then give my opinion on it, which seems to be a role people put me in automatically place me.

E.)
Thok has recently tried to compare my play in this game to my play in Back to Gambits II, and after I asked him to explain that statement, his response was:
Thok wrote:Really, it's all the backtracking to justify stuff, and all of the craplogic I fell you are giving out. It's also a case to observe that I do know how you respond to being attacked as scum. (Now that I think about it, I have seen you attacked when you were town, Ms Satanic Nun.)
Which did not satiate my curiosity.

1.) I do not believe I have backtracked whatsoever, and Thok has given no examples of why he believes this to be so. I may have changed my mind on things, but I have not
changed the reasoning for any of my actions
, which
is
the sort of backtracking I did in Back to Gambits (I first claimed I did my "list" for one reason, then changed it to a second reason, and then warped that into a slight third reason).

2.) Thok has not given one example of my "craplogic" this game. I can see how he might TRY to make my suspicions of Rosso look like crap, but after I cited the Pie C9 game, Thok admitted that I had a point and that I was not simply making things up as I went along to suit my purposes, which invalidates his statement that I have used "craplogic".

3.) Thok finished off his post with his ATTEMPT at saying "he knows how I respond when I am town", but when I actually elaborated on that, and after he read the game,
he changed his mind and realized that I very much AM OMGUSY as town

Thoery #3
:

It might also be the case that the primary people attacking me (who I see as Thok and CTD) are simply misled townspeople, and scum are trying to take immediate advantage of the situation. Should this be true, I think the most likely culprits to be one or both of Al_Kohaulec or Rosso. I was very disturbed with Al_Ko's immediate jump onto me after Thok falsely said I was "voting for somebody I thought was town" without giving any further detail. This could have been his attempt to slide onto the bandwagon as inconspicuously as possible. What is more disturbing about this theory is that early in the game, Al_Ko asked Rosso point blank "who should we HAMMAH today", and altough I can certainly believe this at an attempt at humor, I have seen cheeky scum banter with each other early in games exactly like that.

People who are probably town:

mith (I reviewed my thoughts on him and his following, and have changed my mind)
CrashTextDummie (albeit very disillusioned)

People I have very little read on:

Machiavellian-Mafia
AmeliaSlay [and her replacement, whoever that is]
PookytheMagicalBear
Cogito Ergo Sum

People I am mildly suspicious of:

Rosso Carne
Al_Kohaulec

People I am seriously considering:

Relyte
M4yhem
Thok

In conclusion,
Vote: Thok
. Of Relyte and M4yhem, I think Relyte has the better chance of being scum, despite his claim and LML's actions towards me (and believe me, I have seen
plenty
of games where scum have claimed Townie). I think I am better off hunting for one scum than trying to possibly catch two scum in the act when the chances of that are statistically low. This will probably only seal my own doom, but I don't particularly mind it in this game so much.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:57 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Also, now that I think on it, I would like to conduct a poll.

If I am lynched today, how many people will vote for Thok tomorrow when you learn that I am town?

If I am going to die, I would at least like my cold, dead hands to be pointing at scum before I do. He has been continually 'testing the waters' when it comes to me, and I frankly haven't much cared for it at all. I want Thok dead if I am going to be lynched.

Even if the town disagrees with me on this point, I think the answers and reactions to this question should be helpful later in the game.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:41 am

Post by M4yhem »

Thok, I realize you are not bots, but in order to play properly, I have to make some sort of effort to understand other people’s arguments, even if they aren’t directed at me, so when you and Petro spend most of a page talking about events I have no knowledge of, it’s somewhat frustrating. I mean, Pj, has cited six games where he’s omgused as town; am I really going to have to read all of them?

Relyte- you weren’t nearly lynched for ‘giving your opinions’. You were nearly lynched because of the way you acted when I questioned you. Don’t make me vote you again.

Pelly- Oh my. You think me and Relyte are scum together? :lol: Good one. You misrepresent Relyte somewhat when you say he was ‘constantly’ saying I was town. In fact, he only said that once, as I recall. Also, it was near the end of the argument.
I don’t like the fact that you think one instance of badlogic makes me scum. Even geniuses have off days, y’know. But then, you have to be either stupid or scum to suspect me anyway, so I won’t hold it against you.

As for your other theories; I find your cases against Al_Ko and Rosso more compelling than your case against Thok. Seems to me it would be far too simple if Thok and Alky were Relyte’s partners. We’d have the game wrapped up by day three; how often does that happen?

You’ve done a list! This makes me happy, here’s mine:
Totally Town:

Me
Fairly townie:

Crash- I think his case against PJ was a real attempt at scum finding.

Slightly suspect:

Al- Too darned quiet. Post!
The replacements, just because so little is known about them.
Thok-working hard to find scum. Or is he?
Mith
P-Jelly

I would lynch these people with a smile on my face:

CES- Unhelpful, scummy style.
Rosso- Dodgy.
Pooky- because he doesn’t seem to care about the game. I do a questionnaire for him; he never comments on the answers. He posts elsewhere, but not here. I think he’s trying to keep his paws clean, let the town lynch town while he keeps his head down. Yeah, this game is confusing, but not that confusing. Note that he popped up to criticize the Relyte wagon when it was already dying; a possible connection there.

Which brings us to Relyte, who still seems fairly scummy to me. Not as confident as I was in his guilt, but almost every post rubs me up the wrong way.

Unvote, Vote: Pookythemagicalbear
because PJ always seems to defend himself so well, and because I’d like to force Pooky into actually playing the game, instead of sitting at the sidelines.

As for your poll, Pj- I would never lynch someone just because a dead townie fingered him. Everyone makes mistakes, even you. I’d certainly be asking Thok questions tomorrow if you were lynched and cleared, but I won’t be pushed into a lynch on your say-so, even as a last request. I know you are probably angry with Thok for going after you, but at the moment he seems fairly neutral to me.
Rosso Carne
Rosso Carne
[]=====
Rosso Carne
[]=====
[]=====

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:53 pm

Post by Rosso Carne »

[massive metagame]

after that post, im pretty much set on pj.

pooky is generally being unhelpful, and not really all that magical here.

[/massive metagame]
[13:31] glorktheinvader: and I was rocking this one guy
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:03 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.) Rosso, you have no metagame on me.
2.) You are also being unhelpful. So is CES. Stop being a hypocrite.
3.) Answer my Poll Question.
Rosso Carne
Rosso Carne
[]=====
Rosso Carne
[]=====
[]=====

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:06 pm

Post by Rosso Carne »

1) yes i do.
2) I'm helpful.
3) Yes.
pi) You should not be lynched.
[13:31] glorktheinvader: and I was rocking this one guy
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:54 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i suck

i admit that

its just everytime i start reading this game i feel depressed. >.<

blah i guess i actually will have to read PJ's exchange with Thok at some part aren't I.

and M4yhem, there are reasons why I wouldn't want to share with you what I thought of your answers.

I don't really believe in giving out my notes to every1 unless i'm about to die and I really have nothing better to do.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:57 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

ok, I'm back from my (short but desperately necessary) vacation, and apparently have a lot to read up on. Unfortunately I also have a lot of real life work to do, so I'll try to get up on this ASAP.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:59 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Also, wow at this going for 60 days and nearly 300 posts so far and still being day one. Talk about great D1 discussion.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:18 am

Post by M4yhem »

Rosso- Can you explain using small words what metagame you are talking about?

Pooky- Let me summarise the Thok/Pj debate:
Thok says that Pj should have known LML was a townie, and pj should have avoided voting Relyte because of that.
Pj says nuh-uh- Relyte was acting so scummy that it cancelled out LML's 'breadcrumbing'.
I agree with Pj here. Sometimes it seems like Relyte is
trying
to be scummy.
Meh, then they have a disagreement about whether P-jelly is omgusy as town. Pj says yes, Thok says no surprisingly.

Now, as for your good self. I'm sorry you find the game depressing. Personally, I get happy when there's lots to read. But that's not something I can use to see how innocent you are.

I don't understand why you wouldn't share what you are thinking with the town. How can we catch scum if noone shares what they are thinking? Maybe someone else has noticed the same thing as you, and then we can get a wagon started.

I don't really care what you think of me. But what you think of other people is very important. For example, what was it about the Relyte wagon that you didn't like? Where do you stand on the Thok/Pjay debate?
Who should we be lynching, Pooky?

If you don't answer these questions, then for all I know you are just stalling, trying to avoid being pinned down so that you don't make any enemies.

WB, Al. It's been 60 days? Good lord, can we just lynch someone now, please?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”