Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3750 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:11 am

Post by callforjudgement »

I'd setup review / co-mod it for you. (Advance Wars 1 specifically, or the series in general? I could do either.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3751 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:12 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 3752, callforjudgement wrote:I'd setup review / co-mod it for you. (Advance Wars 1 specifically, or the series in general? I could do either.)

Advance Wars 1, 2 and Dual Strike most likely. Days of Ruin will not be in it. I'm interested in adding a CO power element to the game which might get tricky.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3752 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Bitmap »

Man, I love you guys. Barely any of my friends ever played Advance Wars.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #3753 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 3753, Bitmap wrote:
In post 3752, callforjudgement wrote:I'd setup review / co-mod it for you. (Advance Wars 1 specifically, or the series in general? I could do either.)

Advance Wars 1, 2 and Dual Strike most likely. Days of Ruin will not be in it. I'm interested in adding a
CO power element
to the game which might get tricky.

:eek: Cooooooooool.

Have them wait longer to rack up stars and use a specified Super Power instead of their Normal Power?
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3754 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:44 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 3755, Maestro wrote:

Advance Wars 1, 2 and Dual Strike most likely. Days of Ruin will not be in it. I'm interested in adding a
CO power element
to the game which might get tricky.

:eek: Cooooooooool.

Have them wait longer to rack up stars and use a specified Super Power instead of their Normal Power?

Yup.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3755 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:50 am

Post by implosion »

Bitmap: just fyi, AlmasterGM modded a couple advance wars games a while ago - you might want to look at them. Not that you shouldn't mod more, just letting you know.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3756 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 3757, implosion wrote:Bitmap: just fyi, AlmasterGM modded a couple advance wars games a while ago - you might want to look at them. Not that you shouldn't mod more, just letting you know.

I just took a look. Thanks for pointing this out.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3757 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Post by Konowa »

Would people be interested in a game based on The Black Company, series by Glen Cook.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3758 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by Maestro »

Thanks for the suggested reading!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3759 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

About "time" for another Time Travel incursion, wouldn't you say??
Retired as of October 2014.
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3760 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:18 am

Post by jmj3000 »

Would anyone be interested in a Sega Mafia? Something kind of like my Nintendo Mafia with a few changes thrown in.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3761 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by Mute »

I've an idea, but it's sheer thought at this point. It'd be a mini theme game, where the mafia wouldn't initially know their teammates, but throughout the game would be given hints as to who their partners in crime are. Also, within that same game, two other things: 1) there would be X+y number of roles to X players, and each player would select from one of those roles (i.e. player 1 picks #a, and players 2 and 3 pick #b (player 2 would get role b, player 3 gets notified of their choice being taken and of the role numbers currently available); but not until every role is selected by the players they would not be aware of their role/alignment until every role is chosen and role PM's are sent), and 2) before the game proper begins, each player pairs up neighbor-style with a player of their choice.

Too farfetched/flawed?
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3762 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Mute: 1) Scum not knowing their allies would make it likely that they'd either scumhunt them and possibly get them lynched, or get too scared to scumhunt, in case that happens, and be obvscum. 2) If roles are chosen that way, player 3 will know that role #b is in the setup and also possibly that either 1 or 2 have it, giving him information that others don't have, going in. Also, would you restrict this in two lists? One role list for town and one for mafia? Otherwise, how would it work?

EDIT: Also, for the neighbouring thing, if everyone neighbours someone, that's potentially n neighbourhoods, of 2 players each. And what if 5 people pick the same neighbour? He'd have to keep track of 5 different QTs, 6 if he's also scum.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3763 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by Mute »

In post 3764, Mitillos wrote:@Mute: 1) Scum not knowing their allies would make it likely that they'd either scumhunt them and possibly get them lynched, or get too scared to scumhunt, in case that happens, and be obvscum. 2) If roles are chosen that way, player 3 will know that role #b is in the setup and also possibly that either 1 or 2 have it, giving him information that others don't have, going in. Also, would you restrict this in two lists? One role list for town and one for mafia? Otherwise, how would it work?

EDIT: Also, for the neighbouring thing, if everyone neighbours someone, that's potentially n neighbourhoods, of 2 players each. And what if 5 people pick the same neighbour? He'd have to keep track of 5 different QTs, 6 if he's also scum.

with the role selection thing:
That isn't actually the case. Say out of, iuno, 12 people, there would be 15 possible roles to pick from. Of those 12, two pick the same number, and three pick the same number for another number. Of the groups, whomever picks their number first, that is whomever's PM I receive first, gets that role. In either scenario, they would only be aware that their choice was all ready taken, and the list of numbers left open. They would not be told whom requested the role before them, nor what the role actually is; only I would. No one would know their roles until everyone has chosen one, and once they actually receive their role PM's.
Then, as for the diversity between mafia roles and town roles, this is where the X+y total of roles for X players comes into play. At a minimum, there would need to be 2-5, or 2-6 mafia roles to choose from, with the hopes that at least 2-4 are taken by the players. If the situation where the players that pick the mafia roles number too low, then a VT role could be changed to a goon role for the sake of balance, before the player is given the role proper.

For the mafia not knowing who their teammates are:
They wouldn't within their role PM's know who their teammates are, but would get a secondary or passive ability to look for their teammates that wouldn't affect their identities being revealed to everyone else. One idea that comes to mind is the mafia members all being given a segment to a phrase, and when combined, formed a code word, where the object is to get them to form the phrase, in effect finding their partners on their own.
I admit it's broken and in all likelihood wouldn't work, but trying to toy with the notion that the mafia does not immediately know who their scummates are but instead having to work to find them, appeals to me.

For the neighboring thing:
Still working that out. The initial ideas was that, say two mafia member neighbor each other. They'd no longer need to track down one (or more) of their teammates during the game, and would be notified that they neighbored with a scummate. As far as too many neighbors? The request to neighbor would be sent from Player A to Player B through me, and Player A would have the choice to decline the neighboring if they want, or to accept it. All of this, as well as everything else posted thus far within these two posts, would take place all before the game even starts, so during N0 phase of the game.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3764 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Mute: Oh, I thought you meant the roles would be known beforehand, instead of just being numbers. Eh, I'm not sure how that's better than just randomising.
As for the phrase thing, wouldn't that make it more likely they'd be spotted by town, particularly after one of them flips and everyone goes back and ISOs them? Incidentally, I was mafia in a game and didn't know who my partner was, until after N1. So, it's not an impossible mechanic. But it seems very hard to pull off.

Well, I gave my comments. Hopefully someone with more experience can help polish the idea.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3765 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Post by Mute »

Well, the role thing plays into the flavor, in that the players are entered into a sort of social experiment unaware of their roles in the experiment.
But I do thank you for your input. Definitely will help.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3766 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by Maestro »

Downton Abbey Mafia ever been run? Is there interest?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3767 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by zoraster »

i think that could be pretty great if you did it with a mechanic that matched. upstairs/downstairs mechanic. let's talk.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3768 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Advance Wars 1, 2 and Dual Strike most likely. Days of Ruin will not be in it. I'm interested in adding a CO power element to the game which might get tricky.

look up the amazing games AlmasterGM ran for some inspiration
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3769 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 3770, GreyICE wrote:

look up the amazing games AlmasterGM ran for some inspiration

Already did but thanks.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3770 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Post by GreyICE »

hah I should have read lower

just enjoyed that one game

good mechanic

really time intensive though
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3771 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 3772, GreyICE wrote:hah I should have read lower

just enjoyed that one game

good mechanic

really time intensive though

I was thinking of taking it and building on it implementing a more Advance Wars feel by adding a "city" element. And you played Advance Wars?
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3772 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:06 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 3748, Venmar wrote:If anyone is interested in it, I will and would work on a Crash Bandicoot game in the near future, probably in the Large Theme queue.

- Going to assume the lack of feedback means no? I would really like to do this idea since i love the series, but I wont if there's no interest.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3773 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Wait I love Crash Bandicoot.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3774 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:18 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 3774, Venmar wrote:
In post 3748, Venmar wrote:If anyone is interested in it, I will and would work on a Crash Bandicoot game in the near future, probably in the Large Theme queue.

- Going to assume the lack of feedback means no? I would really like to do this idea since i love the series, but I wont if there's no interest.

I wouldn't assume a lot from feedback in this queue anyway, a lot of players don't really read it.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”