TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by TheGreatestAmericanHero »

Jason, why is 22 more likely to come from scum? Thoughts on peta's 37 then?
We won't be signing posts, as we feel that our posting styles are easily distinguishable. rofl doesn't capatilize anything.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 pm

In post 67, DeasVail wrote:
Vote: CDB

Why is CDB scum?
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:12 am

unvote;
Vote: Nostredeus

103 and 105 are the weasliest ways to -not- Vifam.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:18 am

Nost, why do you agree with 99 but make zero analysis of Shadoweh's 100 which addresses Cerulean's 99?
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:16 am

dayne is town. his roleplay is the terrible-est, fakest reason to suspect someone ever. its not even hard to understand. its low hanging fruit for scum, something easy and mindless to attack. looking at you here, benmage and safety dance. jason is probably town though, and needs to get a better vote.

cerulean is town. empire has got to be the easiest person to townread on the site.

i support the shadoweh wagon, but i also support my other head's nost vote
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:02 am

I'm in agreement with rofl in regards to Dayne being Town. I am however waiting for him to respond to something regarding Benmage/Jason as my reads on those slots are the opposite of him right now.

We’d both like more votes on Nost.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:38 am

In post 142, Shadoweh wrote:I don't know what BoP means. And yes, I wouldn't be surprised if you personally had tunneled as scum on the best available player, because you usually have an attitude and overbrimming confidence. How terrible of me to have expected you to be trying great things instead of letting you sleep in like posting is ruining your beauty sleep. Instead of asking me what poor little Benmage could possibly do, just do something awesome or get on the rope.

Burden of Proficiency. You're attacking him because "OMG Benmage hasn't corralled the scum already." It's a logical fallacy and using it as the basis to say someone is scum is quite scummy.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:19 am

In post 142, Shadoweh wrote:Commenting that SAD and Cerulean are townie is a waste of time here, more talk about people that can actually be scum.

hang on, what? when is it ever a waste of time to comment on townreads?
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 am

In post 152, Benmage wrote:
In post 150, TheGreatestAmericanHero wrote:
In post 142, Shadoweh wrote:Commenting that SAD and Cerulean are townie is a waste of time here, more talk about people that can actually be scum.

hang on, what? when is it ever a waste of time to comment on townreads?

Actually that read fairly townish from Shadow.... Cerul does ready pretty obvious town, and I wager my best town read thus far (although that's just from my shitty reading at work).

The point Shadow was making is we don't need everyone putting in the facade of 'reading' people by naming Cerulean town.

no, it sounds like he really doesn't want anyone to become a universal townread. you know who doesn't like a lot of universal townreads running around? scum. if everyone thinks cerulean is town then everyone should say they think cerulean is town.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:52 am

In post 154, ChannelDelibird wrote:People stating opinions is a good thing. It ties them to those opinions for later.

qft
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 am

But you're not question McStab on his reads. -You're- jumping to the conclusion that he doesn't have a food reason to lynch Nost.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #388 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:28 am

This is a dodge. It seems rofl and I are on the same schedule when it comes to work. Real post sometime tomorrow.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:17 am

In post 455, Konowa wrote:Short post short till I get off this afternoon.

Waiting on rofl to get back to me, if no response by then our vote will be moving to Jason. sotty can go next. Their 452 doesn't address the main issue for us of why Jason is likely scum (Jason pushing this crap that Dayne is scum because his RPing is "scum trying hard to fit in".

Sorry.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #471 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 pm

unvote;
Vote: Jason

I'll address stuff tomorrow. Work/Daughter's birthday this week/etc.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #489 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:11 am

In post 483, DeasVail wrote:American Hero: Why do you think sotty would defend their buddy Jason so hard?

I don’t know. It could be a small scum team, Jason could be a scum PR, or a few other reasons that I can’t think of right now. That doesn’t negate the point that they –are- defending Jason. Nor are they touching the main issue of why Jason is scum. Instead they are labeling Jason as town due to his gambit and tunneling on Vifam.

Sotty, would you respond to 304 and give your thoughts on that and how it affects your read on Jason? Would you also address Jason’s scumread on Dayne?

I’m going to catch up with everything, hopefully, before I head out to work today. If there is anything that people would specifically like me to address please let me know.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #550 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:23 am

In post 494, sottyrulez wrote:Unless you're going to make an argument that SafteyDance necessarily has a similar meta to Jason, I don't see how 304 should affect my read on Jason at all. (Jason has a pretty distinctive town playstyle consisting of things I would find scummy out of almost any other player.)

What do you want me to say about his scumread on Dayne? I don't agree with it.

This is the issue I am starting to take with you, and why I think that if Jason flips scum that you are a buddy. You –still- are not discussing the issue. You have gone into this LALALA CAN’T HEAR YOU mode that Jason is town because Jason. How well do you think Jason is aware of his own meta? His play in Dresden Mafia I feel is completely different than here. Yes he gambits, but unlike here where his thoughts are a stick in the mud, I saw a progression of reads and thoughts as the Day went along.

In post 496, Plessiezarus wrote:TGAH -- according to 125 / 141, both your heads have (had?) a town-read on Dayne. How and why did you come to this read?

I mean, obviously I agree that Dayne's RP is a terrible reason to suspect him. But, as I think I've said already, it doesn't follow at all that Dayne is town, so I wonder if either of you had some other reason to think this?

From the same posts: rofl had a town-read on Jason, while Konowa had a scum-read. Presumably, since you're now voting Jason, rofl was persuaded out of his town-read. Can (either of) you say why?

I had Dayne as Town due to the Jason push (if Jason was scum, Dayne was most certainly not). rofl’s reason was “he is”.

I showed rofl the light in regards to Jason. rofl and I had opposite reactions to Jason’s gambit, this was due to his lack of flavor knowledge, while I am from Maryland and not watching The Wire is a sin punishable by death. I eventually convinced him that Jason’s gambit was a crock of shit. After that, I eventually got him to agree that Jason was the best vote

In post 501, ChannelDelibird wrote:TGAH's vote on Jason is pretty poor; to be honest I'm completely unconvinced as to why anyone would consider Jason a good vote today. Sotty and Zach have vouched for his towniness, which is NOT a reason to count him out completely but is a great reason to go after other people on Day 1. Indeed, in the situation TGAH seems to suspect, I'd want to vote Sottyrulez instead of Jason. Wouldn't their flip tell you more about a partnership between them than Jason's would?

What? Since when has anyone –ever- been given a pass just because someone else says they are Town? This is horrible play. As far as the associative tell situation, Jason has been a major point of discussion for most of this Day. I think a Jason scumflip and Sotty’s meta defense would be more indicative of Sotty also being scum.

In post 529, jasonT1981 wrote:your [SAD] whole case is bad gambit = scum...

That’s not the whole case at all. Why are you not addressing other people’s issues with you? Your “content” is a bunch of noise, examples have been posted several times, and that your push on both Dayne and Vifam are for things that are not indicative alignment. I do find it slightly amusing that you haven’t attempted to analyze the Vifam slot since BT replaced in. This makes the push on Vifam even more scummy.

Am I stuck in a tunnel? I feel like I’m stuck in a tunnel.

I need to change skins or something.

~Post on Konowa account deleted
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #612 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:36 pm

In post 496, Plessiezarus wrote:TGAH -- according to 125 / 141, both your heads have (had?) a town-read on Dayne. How and why did you come to this read?

the terrible attempted wagon on him for the rp. easy target is easy. didn't i already say this? oh, why yes, what do you know:
In post 125, TheGreatestAmericanHero wrote:dayne is town. his roleplay is the terrible-est, fakest reason to suspect someone ever. its not even hard to understand. its low hanging fruit for scum, something easy and mindless to attack.

In post 553, sottyrulez wrote:
Unvote: Vote: TheGreatestAmericanHero

No way rolfcopter is the passive head in a hydra as town. I just did a search on him and he's also active in site. The alarm bells are ringing.

holy diversion batman. i didn't buy into kon's jason-sotty theory at first, but you just seem keenly nervous about the prospect of him getting lynched despite the fact, as cerulean pointed out, that he's not terribly likely to get lynched as things stand right now. (hint hint, this is everyone's cue to get on jason. or get back on him.)

i do wish i could vote for more people at the same time though. peta, absta, safety and plessie all need the rope.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #691 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:34 pm

This game is pissing me off. Jason is scum, but most people are so fixated on his "gambit" that they can't see past their nose.

-That's not why he is scum.-

Jason is scum due to 1) saying Dayne is scum because he's trying hard to look Barksdale (wtf?) 2) Push on Vifam because "one-liners" but hey! hasn't touched BT since he replaced in 3) if people haven't looked at the Dresden Mafia link, do it he's not the same 4) Here's the kicker: If Jason was so worried about scum "fitting in" why does he have no comment on CDB's early posting about absta?
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #692 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:37 pm

I'm stepping away as this game is infuriating. It's Super Bowl weekend/my birthday on Wednesday. Don't expect much from us till Tuesday.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #819 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:02 am

So despite Jason having a Town read on Zdenek slot he sure is going out of his way to make sure it looks scummy.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #826 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:12 am

Jason, is Zdenek Town?
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #837 (isolation #22) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:49 am

In post 836, Konowa wrote:I would lynch Jason or Dan today.

I need to stop this.
Sorry Faraday.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #898 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:37 am

In post 897, Benmage wrote:
In post 895, Cerulean wrote:As far as Z's claim, I think I've talked myself into just believing it. It seems a really unwise role to fake claim anyway because at most it will buy him a couple days. So, I'm not worrying about it right now; it will sort itself out in the coming days

Im not reading it as a fakeclaim, just not a townclaim.

You don't think Zdenek's claim is Town?
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #971 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:30 pm

I did tell everyone that posting probably wouldn't happen until tomorrow.
We are Bodie, Vanilla.
Jason is still scum. After that you should look at sotty and Dan.
Don't waste lynches on absta or Kise, just shoot them.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #975 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:47 am

Yeah well, we both finished a ridiculous week for work. rofl is really far behind, lucky bastard lives in New Orleans, and so because he wasn't around for so long he posted in our QT that be thought it best if I just handled posting and if for some reason we are still here Tomorrow he would be able to start up again. I'm not going to rush at this point but I'll get a response up now that I have time up after kids and coffee.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #986 (isolation #26) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:15 am

I really do not know what people expect. Response to 633?

It appears that Plessie is confusing poor reasons with actual scummy reasons. To think that SAD was Town at that point because of Jason’s scummy push on SAD is not illogical at all. To my knowledge Jason has never played with SAD before, so how would I know if Jason thought SAD would be an easy target or not. Point stands that attacking SAD over the RP for “trying to look Barksdale” is an easy crap push that scum love to do. Do you disagree that this shouldn’t have given me a early Town read on SAD?

The only ignorance with our interactions with sotty is solely on their end. I’ve provided a link to a game in which Jason and I both played as Town. If you are trying to argue that his play is similar between these two games then I don’t know what to tell you. He had poor/silly thoughts in that game, which is what sotty is arguing makes Jason Town. However, there –was- progression and he didn’t try to stick to one main point (something else that scum love to do. For example, DV did this in Mafia in LaLaLand and NY 160B).

As far as my interaction with the DV-McStab dynamic, at that point in time DV was going on about how McStab couldn’t reach conclusions of if Nost flips then go on to X. He tried to press that point on me in NY160B (I said that if Mehdi flips scum, then Vi should go next). The fact that he was saying it again gave me all sorts of bad guy feelings, although I wasn’t sure of how bold DV would be to do the same thing as scum that shortly after (which incidentally is why I’ve taken a wait and see approach with DV. I couldn’t read him for shit in LaLaLand and thought he was likely Town at the end of D1 in 160B.)

The point about me “not forging ahead” is silly. I feel as if I have been actively pursuing and trying to get people to see JasonScum. Except of course on the weekends, which gasp I tend to never post. Plessie seems to ignore that the next time I post, 550, I give content of my own. But hey, let’s cherry pick.

Just so we are clear, this is why Jason is scum:

In post 691, TheGreatestAmericanHero wrote:Jason is scum due to 1) saying Dayne is scum because he's trying hard to look Barksdale (wtf?) 2) Push on Vifam because "one-liners" but hey! hasn't touched BT since he replaced in 3) if people haven't looked at the Dresden Mafia link, do it he's not the same 4) Here's the kicker: If Jason was so worried about scum "fitting in" why does he have no comment on CDB's early posting about absta?

He still hasn’t even attempted to address BT at all since replacing Vifam. If Jason truly had a scumread on the slot, he would have continued to pursue it. Then there is the dynamic of Zdenek. Jason claims he has a Town read on the slot, but when Zdenek begins to pressure Jason, Jason says:

In post 719, jasonT1981 wrote:Personally I just think you are trying to deflect attention back to me over the gambit etc so as to take away from people looking at you.

That is not how you address someone who you have a Town read on, both claimed before and after that quote.

I feel as if a large part of this wagon grew simply because we couldn’t respond because of how because we both were this past week. As I said earlier, rofl is walls and walls behind and is leaving the rest of the posting this Day to me. If we are around Tomorrow, everyone can badger him then.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #987 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:16 am

I had just gotten off of work at the time last night Benmage. Instead of making the game stall more I claimed and said I would post more tomorrow. Here you go.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #991 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:53 am

While I agree that participation hasn't been the best, although I don't post much as either alignment, how does that negate the points against Jason? What makes 986 weak?
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #993 (isolation #29) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:02 am

Avon and Stringer.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1007 (isolation #30) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:35 am

With how blindly ignorant sotty is being I wouldn't put it pass it for them to be third party either. Then or SD.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”