Why should i play fire emblem?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by IH »

In post 5, Timeater wrote:My main issue with Fire Emblem is the "reset" factor. Like I have no issue with hard difficulty as long as its not arbitrary. A lot of the stages are throwbacks to a memorization-style of design in the vein of Gradius or Ninja Gaiden. In those games, you had to know where to be at exactly the right time and you had to know what enemy was coming where, etc, it all had to be memorized because if t wasn't you did not stand a chance at winning. This applies to Fire Emblem because if you lose a unique character or regular unit, that character is gone 4eva (I think this applies to most FE games) and like thats cool I guess, but I dont really want to constantly reset my game or look at a guide or tediously check every enemy unit's move range to protect my weaker units.

The restart and time you spend getting back to your last point is all a punishment for poor strategy, not checking if your unit is safe, etc etc. Is it tedious in chess to check your enemies movement range before moving? It's a strategy game.

There's a reason why you can skip every cutscene at anytime. Same as in pokemon. The reason that the pokecenter takes so long is a tradeoff of tediousness to go back and heal everytime instead of stay in the field and such.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:39 am

Post by IH »

i think it may end up being a fighting game, but I'm not completely sure.

Also wait is the demo on the eshop?
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that

Return to “The Arcade”