Best Role Ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:14 am

Post by Quilford »

Lynch hammerer. Kind of like a 1-shot daytime vig, except the person they shoot must already have at least one vote placed on them apart from the hammerer's own.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:35 am

Post by Quilford »

This role probably sucks/needs some fine tuning, but:
You are a
Yuppie
. You can anonymously give away one wad of cash every night. If you give a wad of cash to a mafia member, they receive a gun the following morning. If you give a wad of cash to a town sided role, they receive a vest the following morning. You may choose not to give a wad of cash any given night. You win with the town.

NB: A gun must be used in the same day it is received. A vest, however, may be kept until its owner is shot.
Thoughts? :D I think there should be a limit on the wads of cash a yuppie can give out.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:30 am

Post by Quilford »

Yep. Only one, obviously.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Quilford »

Packbat wrote:That's a very expensive cop investigation - I like!
Thank you! <3
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Quilford »

Tragedy wrote:@Quil: But the problem is, are you notified if he took a gun or a vest? :o :?:
What if the target was a Third Party?
You aren't notified, no. And Packbat is correct.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:43 am

Post by Quilford »

Triggerhappy Bodyguard - Kills anyone who targets their target
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Post by Quilford »

Aren't bodyguards generally armed anyway
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 939, AGar wrote:
In post 938, Quilford wrote:Triggerhappy Bodyguard - Kills anyone who targets their target

Armed Bodyguard would be the proper name, and Havingfitz deserves the credit for this particular role idea.

And no, he doesn't... I searched fitz's posts for 'bodyguard' because I wanted to see where he posted an idea for anything like this, and in Experimental Role Mafia where he claimed 'Armed Bodyguard', the role was quite different to what I suggested.

havingfitz wrote:If either the person I protect or I myself are targeted for a kill, I die…along with the person attempting the kill. If the person I protect and/or I myself are targeted for more than one kill, only the first kill will be retaliated on. Any subsequent kills will go through, barring other protective actions that may be in play, without retribution.

1. Action only activates on kills -- as opposed to my role where the action activates on any sort of targeting action
2. User dies -- as opposed to my role where no such thing happens

My role essentially allows the user to target another player to make them a PGO for that night. Think of it that way.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Post by Quilford »

Not exactly. Once again, the user doesn't die and the player performing the action on the target dies even if the action is not a kill.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Post by Quilford »

Here's my idea for a cult. No idea if workable or if done before.

Cultist

(NB: the following is a one shot power.) Target a player to change their Win Condition to your own ("You win when players with this Win Condition equal or outnumber all other players.") They will also become your Lover (i.e. if one of you is lynched, the other dies). Additionally, they will gain a one shot recruitment power identical to this one. However, they will not immediately be informed of your identity.

Note, however, that while the Cult consists of an odd number of players, the last three players to be recruited are all Lovers with each other, whilst all other players are in pairs of Lovers. When there is an even number of players, Lovers are only in pairs.

For example:

A recruits B, and the two become Lover Cultists. B recruits C, and A, B, and C all become a Lover Cultist Group (if one is lynched, all die). C recruits D, and the four players split back into two pairs of Lover Cultists (
A + B
, and C + D). D recruits E, and E is added to C and D's Lover Cultist Group (i.e.
A + B
, C + D + E). E recruits F, and the Lover Cultist Groups again split back into pairs of Lover Cultists (
A + B
C + D
, E + F), and so on. At no point during this are any of the players informed by the mod of what size their Lover Cultist group is nor of who else is a Cultist, unless they are in a Confirmed Lover Cultist pair.

Confirmed Lover Cultist pairs (shown in
bold
above) are Cultists who are in a group of two Lovers, neither of whom any longer have access to the one shot recruitment power. Once they become Confirmed, their identity is revealed to each other.

If a Cultist is lynched or killed, their Lover obviously dies with them. If a Cultist dies with the recruitment power, it's up to the mod whether the Cult is no longer able to recruit but its members are all informed of each others' identities and Lover Groups, or whether the recruitment power returns to the most recently recruited Cultist.

(Phonepostan, woo!)
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:27 am

Post by Quilford »

GUYS I NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME IF THE IDEA IS GOOD OR MORE BALANCED OR WHAT

<3

Return to “Mafia Discussion”