Best Role Ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #0) » Sun May 23, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

Are ridiculously elaborate bastard roles ok? If so
Welcome to your domain.

You are the Endless Witch. You are the one to have brought these people into this place. Low lifes, killers, and manipulators all of them. They will serve your plans.

They wonder what is the purpose of those bells.. you know that purpose:

So long as all 9 individuals, including yourself live, one of the bells will start ringing, one per day. There is no way to silence a bell once it starts. Once all 5 bells ring, their souls shall be yours granting you limitless power over the world!

This may prove difficult, however as they seem content to kill each other and taking their weapons away is currently beyond you. However, you have some magic to aid you. Note that you can use both powers at the same time if it suits you.

1. Restore: Once every night, you may choose to Restore as many people as you wish, other than yourself. If they will die that night then they will revive instantly. If they are already dead, they will be brought back to life. This is unaffected by roleblocks, redirects, and other powers.

Note that you must be alive at the start of the night to use this power.

2. Revive: Once every night, you may choose to Revive yourself, using another person as a sacrifice. Note that this process only occurs in the morning, after all other actions have been done. If you are currently alive then you will revive if you are killed that night. If you are dead, you may still use this power to bring yourself back to life.

- This power can be affected by player powers.

- If, for some reason, your choice cannot be used as the sacrifice, a random choice will be made instead. This power can only be truly stopped when no one else is alive.

- Even if you didn't need the revive, the sacrifice is still killed.

To simplify all that: you have two skills that you can use at the same time:

1. You can revive as many people as you wish. If they are dead or are killed they will be brought back to life.

2. You can kill another player, which will bring you back to life if you are already dead or killed that night. If the kill is stopped, a random person is killed.

If everyone is dead, including you, you will lose. If you can cause all 5 bells to ring before then you will win.
Oh man, I was so happy when I got that role. Even if I spent the rest of the game working out how to use it properly.

I think the biggest point the mod made clear was that, when dead, I could sacrifice someone, stay dead for a while, and come back to life at a later time.

It's worth noting that for that game only lynches had their role revealed. Just as well, I got hit by a CPR doc night one.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #1) » Mon May 24, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Leafsnail »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Wait. What's stopping the witch from restoring every player in the game aside from herself? What's stopping her from doing this every night? What's stopping her from getting all five bells to ring?
The town lynching you? Being killed? Y'know, all the things that normally stop people from doing stuff in mafia. The witch can only sacrifice someone to self revive when dead. So if the witch is killed in the day (lynching/ daykilling/ supersainting)... yeah.

Basically, the town had to daykill me, then kill all of themselves off. They actually worked out the second part, but didn't work out that I was the witch in time (hey, they had 5 lynches to do it... with 9 players, that's over half of them :P).
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #2) » Mon May 24, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Mysterious Mystery Man wrote:You are a troll. Your sole purpose in this game is to bug other players. Your goal is to have each player curse as much as possible. Once the word 'fuck', and all derivatives of it have been said 50 times, not including your usage, you win.
I've actually played in a game with a role like this... it was a mafia vig who could only kill people who swore at him.

He tried to act like a massive idiot, and got into a huge staged fight with his scumbuddy (who could resist votes by being angry).

Hilariously, everyone called him a "prick" and nothing more.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #3) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:53 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Well, it's not.

Unless everyone else is dead.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:24 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

Golden Balls actually has it slightly wrong - being betrayed is meant to be worse than a double betrayal. That's how the original dilemna works, anyway.

And sure, it's the "logical" thing to steal, but that means noone ever wins anything under that logic ;).

I suppose SK/Mafia/Town going in to night is actually a form of prisoner's dilemna (assuming everyone knows who the townie is). If the SK and mafia crosskill, town wins and they both lose. If the SK and Mafia both go for the townie, it's a draw (a better result for both). If one kills the other and the other kills the townie, it's a win for the betraying scum.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

If they fail the prisoner's dilemna, it should be considered a town win...
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:52 am

Post by Leafsnail »

After someone shoots the jacket off you awaken as a Serial Killer.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

All scum tends to win if they survive to the endgame!
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:54 am

Post by Leafsnail »

In post 999, callforjudgement wrote:I'm of the opinion that it's very hard to be bastard in an Open.

I disagree. Just run a different setup to the one in the OP!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”