KINGDOM CLASH: CHERNABOG RISING - Game Over!

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

KINGDOM CLASH: CHERNABOG RISING - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:11 am

Post by Xalxe »

:| kloud1516 and Xalxe present |:

It went many years,
But at last came a knock,
And I thought of the door
With no lock to lock.

Application
01|
If selected, what strategy will you use to survive?

02|
Kingdom Clash: Chernabog Rising will require participants to remain active. Will you uphold this requirement?

03|
Have you competed in large, reality show games (Survivor, Big Brother, The Mole, Endurance, The List, Unanimous, etc.) before? If so, which ones?

04|
Please list three "Hero" characters and three "Villain" characters that you would like to represent for the duration of this competition. You may only choose characters from the Disney animated canon (anything listed under sections 1 or 2). Selections will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please also indicate whether you would rather be a Hero or Villain, though the moderators will have the final say on this.
Hero 1:
Hero 2:
Hero 3:
Villain 1:
Villain 2:
Villain 3:

:| General Rules |:

01|
This is a game. The main objective is to have fun; so no excessive flaming, spamming, or submission of anything else prohibited within the MS forums.
02|
This is a game. The secondary objective is to dominate.
04|
We are not infallible, so if either of us make a mistake, please point it out to us and we will correct it if needed.
05|
We have worked extensively to produce a game that is enjoyed by all involved. As such, we promise to offer each player respect but expect to be shown the same in return.
06|
Exercise common sense. If you are unsure as to whether an action conflicts with the rules, ask. Yes, this is a competition, but do not attempt to undermine challenges or game mechanics for your own gain. This violates both the spirit of the game and common respect mentioned above.
07|
We reserve all rights to implement new rules if needed.
08|
There is no Rule 03.
09|
Knowledge of Disney canon is
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
. Several challenges will utilize a range of material from Disney movies, so if you aren't familiar with the content be sure to peruse the titles on the wiki page.

:| Game Mechanics |:

Spoiler: Game Mechanics
01|
Kingdom Clash: Chernabog Rising
is
ANONYMOUS
. All participants are strictly prohibited from so much as hinting to their own identities or implying another player's mafiascum identity. Communication outside provided systems is also forbidden until otherwise stated. Failure to follow this rule can result in a variety of consequences ranging from a terse warning to one's elimination from the game. The moderators reserve the right to determine the severity of possible infractions.

02|
Kingdom Clash: Chernabog Rising
will be divided into the following rounds: Free for All, Elimination, Face Off and Pressure Test (in that order unless otherwise stated). The game will be initiated with a Free for All Round.

Free for All Rounds:

03|
Free for All Rounds (FFA) will occur when there is an odd number of players remaining in the game. Free for All challenges will be individual in nature.
04|
The winner of each Free for All will receive an advantage in the following Elimination Round.
05|
The outcomes of all Free for All Rounds are final. That said, be sure to keep Rule 04 of General Rules in mind.

Elimination Rounds:

06|
An Elimination Round will directly follow each Free for All Round. Challenges in the Elimination Round will be individual in nature.
07|
The two highest ranking players in each Elimination Round will become Team Captains for the succeeding Face Off, unless otherwise stated. The player who finishes in last place during the Elimination Round will be eliminated.
08|
The outcomes of all Elimination Rounds are final. That said, be sure to keep Rule 04 of General Rules in mind.

Face Offs:

09|
Face Offs will occur when there is an even number of players in the game unless otherwise stated. The two highest ranking players in the preceding Elimination Round will be designated Team Captains for the Face Off. Each Face Off Round consists of a team challenge.
10|
The winning team of each Face Off will be safe and is exempt from elimination. The losing team, however, must face the Pressure Test, where at least one player will be booted from the game.
11|
The outcomes of all Face Offs are final. That said, be sure to keep Rule 04 of General Rules in mind.

Pressure Tests:

12|
Each Face Off will be directly followed by a Pressure Test. A Pressure Test consists of an individual challenge among the members of the team that lost the Face Off.
13|
The player who finishes in last place during the Pressure Test will be eliminated.
14|
The outcomes of all Pressure Tests are final. That said, be sure to keep Rule 04 of General Rules in mind.

Mickey Pins:

15|
The first goal of the game is to survive. The secondary goal of the game is to collect Mickey Pins. The third goal of the game is to have fun.
16|
Pins are known to be distributed in the following manners:
  • The winner of each Free for All will receive a Gold Pin. The second-place winner of each Free for All will receive a Silver Pin, and the third-place winner a Bronze Pin.
  • The members of the winning team in each Face Off will receive a Silver Pin. The team captain for the winning team will receive a Gold Pin.
  • The winner of each Pressure Test will receive a Bronze Pin.

17|
The function of Pins will not be revealed to you at this time. That being said, remember who is running this show.

Twists:

18|
Twists will be implemented without warning or provocation throughout the game. The time and setting of each twist has already been determined, so as to neither give an unfair advantage or disadvantage to a player or group of players.
Last edited by Xalxe on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 26 times in total.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:46 am

Post by Xalxe »

Finale Results will be announced at 8pm tonight on the board.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Post by Xalxe »

[post snatch]
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #10 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Post by Xalxe »

[post grab]
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #11 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:26 pm

Post by Xalxe »

[post BITCH IT'S MINE]
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:16 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 38, Maestro wrote:yeah the identity reveals could've used more PANACHE Xalxe, and when I say PANACHE I mean "excessive spacing to draw out suspense and invoke feelings of importance"

I figured people just wanted it to be over ;)
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:26 am

Post by Xalxe »

So first off, I just want to say that I'm thrilled that everyone enjoyed the game so much. Obviously this "style" of game hasn't been done before on here and so I was kinda gambling when I proposed the idea to kloud, but it appears to have worked, so there's a point for me I suppose. I'd like to thank you all for being super awesome and so accommodating when our busy schedules lead to late reschedules or results or whatever because I really hate doing them but life happens sometimes.

I know probably the biggest complaint is that some of the challenges sucked, and that's to be expected. If you look at a Survivor game, on average you have about 20 challenges, and one or two will stick out as "yeah these suck hardcore." In this game, we had 37 counting the Finale, and they had to be very specially designed. This game taught me SO much about challenge design, because normal challenges are attempting to determine a winner. For this game, we had two styles: the "determine a top two or three," as in the FFAs or Face Offs, and also the "don't lose, but also try to win" in the Pressure Tests and Elimination Rounds. That requires flipping a lot of your thinking around, especially when your goal is to avoid people knowing they've lost until results. I'm happy with most of them, but there are those that sucked, yes, and some of them were last minute substitutions.*

For what it's worth, I LOVED when people got into character. Maestro's "voice" as the Doc was my favorite ever; I was so happy when he picked the Doc because he was a recent, very unique character (as opposed to the classic choices we were getting) and the voice was awesome, I was so sad when nobody else liked it. Oh well, I'm bizarre. In addition, I grew very attached to a lot of you very quickly; I think Scar's elimination was the point when I realized "shit, every elimination from here is going to
suck
."

I don't think I have too much else to say. Were I to do it again (and who knows?) I'd probably try to retool the Finale; it seemed like the dead teammates didn't work too well, you all seemed very much lax on that, so I don't know what to do there, but we'd see. I'd also try to incorporate what Cybele wanted re: the pins having a function before the Finale; I think something midgame that presents a choice of sacrificing pins to get ahead could see some interesting results. I'd also probably try to have less challenges because CHRIST 34 is a lot. Otherwise...I mean, if you have questions, ask, otherwise I'll see you for my next project in a few days here!**

--Master Yen Sid

*This game, I mastered the art of asking kloud if we could change the challenge anywhere from 24 hours to 3 hours before the post. What you think will work three months out may not work the day of. I really tried to figure out how you all felt about the challenges and change them to accommodate you. Never say I didn't do anything for you :P

**No you can't pre-in.
Last edited by Xalxe on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:26 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 43, Pizzadudes7 wrote:
In post 42, Xalxe wrote:Never day I didn't do anything for you

I would never day you didn't do anything for me bro!

I don't know
what
you mean by that post.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #48 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Post by Xalxe »

For those of you who are more graphically inclined, here's a table of all the results of the game.

Click the image to make it bigger, it's very wide and MS shrinks it.

(also please note the addition to my signature, you're all invited)

Return to “Social Game Archive”