Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:03 am

Post by Twito »

I only bothered to laugh at that claim and I wonder why this scum with me on his signature is still alive.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:06 am

Post by Masterchief »

Already claiming me as scum and I just joined. Your getting ahead man. Slow dow. Wait for me to mess it up, then cal me scum ok?
Show
[u]People I Want To Kill In A Mafia Game[/u]
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
[u]People that are cool to play with[/u]
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:07 am

Post by Glork »

Thok's got me feeling all wonky. I want him to elaborate on why he's voting for anybody who speculates about the setup. On the other hand, I can see why he would be suspicious of the theories presented so far. More on that later in this post.

Haven't really looked at MC. I will say that I have this tendency to find him scummy, so I'll have to take careful consideration when I look over his posts. I'll get back to you on that one.

You haven't really given me any problems. I don't see any reason to suspect you right now. Though I don't really agree with your theory (see the next paragraph), I do like that you haven't tried to cram the theory to fit your supsicions or vice versa. It's really easy for scum to do so; they develop theories to push the lynches they already want to see, or they develop a theory and then refuse to deviate from it, deriving suspicions from it. Heck, I did that myself in Committee Mafia, but it drew a lot of unwanted attention.

Regarding your theory, Zindie: I still do not see MBL being from the same scumgroup, esepcially if inHim is part of that scumgroup. Consider this: inHimScum attacked MBL basically all of D1. If he (or his mafia) decides to kill MBL, it would likely be because they think MBL is some kind of threat to them. Unless inHim was already going "MBL is probably an SK or part of a different scumgroup," it wouldn't make sense to kill someone you think might turn up pro-town. I'm not going to go out of my way to try to get someone lynched and then just nightkill them; it doesn't make sense, because if they die as town, it just reflects poorly on me. Now granted, none of us have any idea what inHim (or his potenetial scumbuddies) thought. But with two of the most vocal players (inHim and myself) pushing hard against MBL (another very vocal player), I would halfway expect that scum would leave us all to fight amongst ourselves.

Another note: Twito's use of Occam's Razor seems to be, by far, the most reasonable approach thus far. (Heck, it's the stance that I've tentatively taken.) Yes, there are a bunch of possibilities... but to go with the simplest, most reasonable one is perfectly normal. I'd definitely say that of all the possibilities presented, Twito's is most likely. Few vigilantes choose to kill N1, and as I've mentioned before, there could be a second Doctor, a backup Doctor, a Roleblocker, or some other role (Hider, nightkill immune/resistant player, etc) causing a scumkill to fail. Having scum miss their kills is not an uncommon event in Mafia games. Because one scum died and no townspeople did should not be an invitation to start wild theories involving Janitors, multiple scumgroups, and/or Traitor-killings.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:09 am

Post by Glork »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:You're not helping, Glrok. I know you have it in you: Hammah tha fool!
I'm really tempted to put my vote back on you. I'm pretty sure that I want inHim dead before the end of the day, but there seems to be
FAR
too much to discuss before we end the day.

Also, my last post was a response to Zindie, obvobv.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:10 am

Post by Masterchief »

Glork wrote:You haven't really given me any problems. I don't see any reason to suspect you right now. Though I don't really agree with your theory (see the next paragraph), I do like that you haven't tried to cram the theory to fit your supsicions or vice versa. It's really easy for scum to do so; they develop theories to push the lynches they already want to see, or they develop a theory and then refuse to deviate from it, deriving suspicions from it. Heck, I did that myself in Committee Mafia, but it drew a lot of unwanted attention.
Are you talking to me?
Show
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:11 am

Post by Glork »

Masterchief wrote:Are you talking to me?
Glork wrote:Also, my last post was a response to Zindie, obvobv.

Simluposts for teh loss.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:22 am

Post by Zindaras »

Glork wrote:>snipped opinions<
Okay, that makes me happier.
Regarding your theory, Zindie: I still do not see MBL being from the same scumgroup, esepcially if inHim is part of that scumgroup. Consider this: inHimScum attacked MBL basically all of D1. If he (or his mafia) decides to kill MBL, it would likely be because they think MBL is some kind of threat to them. Unless inHim was already going "MBL is probably an SK or part of a different scumgroup," it wouldn't make sense to kill someone you think might turn up pro-town. I'm not going to go out of my way to try to get someone lynched and then just nightkill them; it doesn't make sense, because if they die as town, it just reflects poorly on me. Now granted, none of us have any idea what inHim (or his potenetial scumbuddies) thought. But with two of the most vocal players (inHim and myself) pushing hard against MBL (another very vocal player), I would halfway expect that scum would leave us all to fight amongst ourselves.
Wouldn't it be rather odd for there to be two scumgroups in this game? I really don't see it happening, personally, as the story seems to indicate a fight between Monkeys and Gorillas, and no further evil. I'm no expert on the theme, but is there a possible second scum group?

Another problem I have with the vig-theory is that I'm not seeing the reasoning behind vigging MBL.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:30 am

Post by Glork »

Zindaras wrote:Another problem I have with the vig-theory is that I'm not seeing the reasoning behind vigging MBL.
I donno... depending on who you ask, blatant self-interest and mass OMGUS can be very significant scumtells.
"Glork wants me dead, therefore he is scum. inHim wants me dead, therefore he is scum. Nightson wants me dead, therefore he is scum."

I also pointed out that he was trying to get me to project scumbags based on his alignment way too far in advance. Setting up future lynches based on current lynches is also a fairly common scumtell. MBL wasn't doing it himself, but he was trying to push me to do so... which is something that I definitely found odd and pointed out.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:33 am

Post by Zindaras »

Eh, I seem to have missed most of that. I'll do a reread and see if I can get a better reading on MBL. My main reason for assuming he was town was the fact that bird was scum, I guess.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:35 am

Post by Glork »

Huh... interesting to note that PJ seems to share these exact same opinions.

I'm going to pull a little WIFOM out of my hat and ask PJ a question:
Do you think that inHim, Glork, and possibly Nightson would so distinctly align their suspicions on Day One as scum, and continue to hold the same voting bloc even going into the second day?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:43 am

Post by Twito »

Masterchief wrote:Already claiming me as scum and I just joined. Your getting ahead man. Slow dow. Wait for me to mess it up, then cal me scum ok?
I was thinking couple of days ahead I guess :D
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:06 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Glork wrote:Huh... interesting to note that PJ seems to share these exact same opinions.

I'm going to pull a little WIFOM out of my hat and ask PJ a question:
Do you think that inHim, Glork, and possibly Nightson would so distinctly align their suspicions on Day One as scum, and continue to hold the same voting bloc even going into the second day?
I do think you [Glork] and InHim would potentially align "suspicions" in a game. A couple points to make: InHim didn't really have a 'suspicion' on Day One: he just randomly pushed on MBL. To show:
InHim wrote:Yeah, MBL was the flavor of Day 1. At least, that's how I saw it. I think I spelled out the reasons that I was so adamant in seeing his lynch to completion.
So far as those reasons go, I find:
InHim wrote:
It's way too simple to vote someone then come up with a reason later. You had no possible motivation for your MBL vote, and then you start building a case.
My only case has been the collapse of the lynch. Nothing else, really, I don't think.
"Collapsing lynches" don't seem inherently scummy to me. Also, considering there would have been some distancing in posts such as Post 109, and Post 114, I could definitely see the two of you working together.

My theory is furthered by the fact that I first climbed up to six votes today. After defending, votes started going towards InHim. Either through strange circumstance or plan, you [Glork] then started your attack on me while InHim was being run up. I can
definitely
see the two of you working together, without a doubt. I have seen scum both take similar agendas, so that sort of WIFOM does not work on me so much (as it did, for example, when LMLscum and Thokscum both attacked CES in Verbose Mafia back-to-back).

So far as Nightson goes, I don't think he
has
been "aligned with your suspicions". Check his voting record: he has just had a few weird interactions with you, while throwing his vote around without reason. In fact, today he has stated:
Nightson wrote:Don't like the PJ wagon or the inhim wagon.
Which is in fact just the opposite of
both
of your expressed opinions.

In short: yes, I could still see the three of you being a scum-group.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:31 pm

Post by Glork »

Just checking. I'd like to think that if I'm scum with inHim and/or Nightson, I wouldn't be completely boneheaded enough to make it that obvious by the end of Day One. Apparently you don't share that confidence in my playing ability. :P
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:36 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

*shrug*

I would like to think if you were ever Masons with Rainbow Brite, you wouldn't have been bone-headed enough to make it obvious by the end of Day One in Band Mafia. Silly Glork.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:39 pm

Post by Glork »

Touché.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:55 pm

Post by Twito »

Glork wrote:Just checking. I'd like to think that if I'm scum with inHim and/or Nightson, I wouldn't be completely boneheaded enough to make it that obvious by the end of Day One. Apparently you don't share that confidence in my playing ability. :P
Ofc you would.
Show

Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:47 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

inHimshallibe: 7 (Twito, STD, Fritzler, klebian, CES, Zinderas, Pooky)
petroleumjelly: 2 (inHimshallibe, Thok)
Twito: 1 (Phoebus)
Glork: 1 (petroleumjelly)
klebian: 1 (Glork)

Eight to throw someone out of the airlock.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:41 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Would somebody mind unvoting InHim for the time being? I don't want somebody dropping the hammer when there is much discussion to be had. This is one of my few games where discussion seems to be actually occuring, and I would like it to continue.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:45 am

Post by Zindaras »

Meh,
Unvote

Personally, I'm rather convinced of inHim's scumness, and I will be moving my vote back, unless something strange happens.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:16 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i want my bananas too.
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:52 am

Post by Masterchief »

Inhim, what do you have to say about everyone not believing you about your role?
Show
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:40 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Masterchief wrote:Inhim, what do you have to say about everyone not believing you about your role?
Disappointed, because there's nothing that I can do about my closing coffin except field some questions as I watch the final nail being driven in with a HAMMAH.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:35 am

Post by Masterchief »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Masterchief wrote:Inhim, what do you have to say about everyone not believing you about your role?
Disappointed, because there's nothing that I can do about my closing coffin except field some questions as I watch the final nail being driven in with a HAMMAH.
Ok, if your not even going to try anything else then
Vote:inHimshallibe
Show
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:06 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Yay! Now Zind can hammah!
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:22 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

HAAAAMMMMMAAAAAAHTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”