NationStates

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:46 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I find it funny how the population of the mafiascum region fluctuates with the bumping of this thread.
after a wank.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

The Community of Kcspot is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 513 million enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Duckirania. The average income tax rate is 58%, and even higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.

Teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Kcspot's national animal is the Duck, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Kibble.

Kcspot is ranked 73,075th in the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.

how's my driving?
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:37 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Since we are at it:

he Community of Immortal Empires is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 608 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Social Welfare and the Environment are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mortal Empire. The average income tax rate is 86%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Book Publishing.

Surveillance cameras are banned, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Immortal Empires. Crime is totally unknown. Immortal Empires's national animal is the Sphinx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Production Token.
after a wank.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

The Castle of Ghormenghast is a massive, devout nation, notable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.565 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 76%. A small private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.

Atheists and evolutionary biologists are fleeing the country like rats from a sinking ship, the police force is rumoured to be made up of evil shadows with no souls, immigrants are required to salute the flag five times a day, and the right to a fair trial was recently abolished for reasons of convenience. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ghormenghast's national animal is the owl, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Groanism, and its currency is the snail.
Retired as of October 2014.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

^sounds great. When can I move?
after a wank.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Xalxe »

*poke thread because I'm playing again and you should come endorse me because I moved away from Balder because it is stupid*
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:36 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

BUMP.

Is there a MS region? Because once this is allover/my nation isn't mainly zombies, I'd like to join it.

And yeah, just joined this. Same with Cyb.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:57 am

Post by xofelf »

Definitely think it would be much more fun if we had more active people. Just sayin.
But if nothing else, here, come visit me: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=imaginaerium
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:23 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I'll make another one. Idealtopialand is born!!!
after a wank.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:54 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Thanks for the delegating. I hope no one minds my little thank you speech/me explaining stuff (I realize that me being delegate may concern some people - I'd rather we air that out now).
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Hell, I might get back into this, too. What's the region?

EDIT: found it
Last edited by Bub Bidderskins on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

http://www.nationstates.net/region=mafiascum

Surprised? I think not.

Currently no password due to a screwup on my end, but once it returns, it will be 'cdbismafia', without quotes.

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

Down with oppression. Take away your votes from ani the tyrant!!! If he can't do a password right, how can he be the WA delegate!!!?!?!?!?!?$$$$
after a wank.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 112, CooLDoG wrote:Down with oppression. Take away your votes from ani the tyrant!!! If he can't do a password right, how can he be the WA delegate!!!?!?!?!?!?$$$$

Do you want me to explain? In order to set a password, I need a certain level of 'regional influence' (this update was set back in like, 2006). I do not have the regional influence because I just joined this region last night (that said, there are only 3 nations currently able to do so, and none of them are yours). As time passes (aka as soon as I get the amount of influence), I will reset the password. I promise.

There is a double set-up on how to get influence:

1) Stay in the nation for a period of time. You get influence for every day you spend in the nation.
2) The more endorsements you have, the more influence you gain (I believe this is also a per day thing). I do my research.

Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

How do I change region?

The Armed Republic of Swindlefest is a fledgling, economically powerful nation, renowned for its complete lack of public education. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5 million are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.

There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, moralistic individuals devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6%. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.

Crime is a serious problem. Swindlefest's national animal is the Stealing crow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by Xalxe »

In post 114, Svenskt Stål wrote:How do I change region?

The Armed Republic of Swindlefest is a fledgling, economically powerful nation, renowned for its complete lack of public education. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5 million are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.

There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, moralistic individuals devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6%. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.

Crime is a serious problem. Swindlefest's national animal is the Stealing crow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency

Just go here and click the change regions button. Then endorse me (okay and maybe ani too WHATEVER).

I miss when I had influence.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 114, Svenskt Stål wrote:How do I change region?

1) Go to a region (the MS one is here: http://www.nationstates.net/region=mafiascum)
2) There should be a button for you to click that will move you there (above Today's World Census Report). Click it.

Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

Success! Swindlefest is now located in Mafiascum.

Somebody better start kissing my ass or Mafiascum will have some serious diplomatic turmoil.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 107, xofelf wrote:Definitely think it would be much more fun if we had more active people. Just sayin.

Not really. After a couple of weeks of answering questions it just kinda.. eh..
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 118, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 107, xofelf wrote:Definitely think it would be much more fun if we had more active people. Just sayin.

That's when you get involved with RP'ing your nation :P

But seriously, I've been looking into it. When I'm not so busy with classes and filming, maybe.

Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Post by Quilford »

*decays slowly*
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:36 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 117, Svenskt Stål wrote:Success! Swindlefest is now located in Mafiascum.

Somebody better start kissing my ass or Mafiascum will have some serious diplomatic turmoil.

asscheeks=kissed. Don't endorse ani. Down vote his fact book. Then I will do whatever you want.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:37 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 119, animorpherv1 wrote:

That's when you get involved with RP'ing your nation :P

But seriously, I've been looking into it. When I'm not so busy with classes and filming, maybe.

this is exactly what I'm trying to do, if you haven't caught on.
after a wank.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:46 am

Post by JacobSavage »

/in as the Borderlands of Woodlessness....
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:26 am

Post by Xalxe »

Updated my flag. Do not be alarmed.

Return to “The Arcade”