AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by AndrewS »

Well, I'm replacing Pooky, and I can confirm Thok's investigation. I, too, am a gorilla. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell us much... I need to reread the first 3 days, I've only read day 4. I think that we can clear Fritzler because the monkeys, while they may know who the gorillas are, don't necessarily know that we were "lost" until his post. That being said, I am beginning to wonder if, somehow, on a certain day the gorillas will be "found", and a power shift will occur? It's hard to say. At any rate, there's my claim. I suggest that we do a list and cross out anyone cleared, and then use process of elimination to determine today's lynch.
"I hear that random.org punches babies." - Thesp
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by AndrewS »

FOS: Masterchief
for not reading anything. Possibly a tactic?
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:08 pm

Post by AndrewS »

Confirm vote: Masterchief

Also, what I meant about Fritzler is this: There is a low probability that the Space Monkey PM explains that the gorillas are lost. It's still possible, of course, but the fact that he said that before anyone else mentioned it makes me think that he is telling the truth.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:29 am

Post by AndrewS »

petroleumjelly wrote:You know what? This game makes no sense to me. I will probably regret doing this later, and I'll probably be the butt end of many jokes for do so, but this game has me confused enough that I don't much care. The nightkills (or lack thereof) make no sense, the lynches make no sense, and everything about yesterday and the start of today makes no sense. I've reread the flavor of the game, I've reread my role, and I've reread the game. All I can hope for is that Stoofer has an extremely messed up mind and is completely screwing with me, but more likely I will just be lynched immediately and feel stupid about it afterwards.

I am a Gorilla Soldier. My role explicitly states that I am scum, which is making me want to delete this post as I'm writing it. I was somehow separated from the Gorillas, have become subsequently lost, and I have no ammunition, and I have been waiting for the Gorillas to find me for four nights. I have no night choices whatsoever. I have asked Stoofer quite a few questions about my role, and he has refused to answer any of them.

If I am indeed scum, then whoever is in the scum group has got to be completely stupid. I am getting the feeling that both MBL and Zindaras had the exact same role as I do, which is why they were nightkilled - because the scum didn't know they were scum. And this is despite the fact that It became pretty obvious to me that Zindaras very likely had my role when he started speculating with me about Traitor roles.

And then he was killed, even though any self-respecting scum group should have tried to "find him". I tried to leave an obvious hint at the start of yesterday:
PJ, Post 487 wrote:
I'm a bit lost in terms of scum groups
, but I don't mind a Vote: Cogito Ergo Sum. I still haven't forgotten about Señor Glork, however.
I could not think of any other way to get across that it appeared (and still appears) that I am part of a scum group, and that I am
lost
, and hence needed to be
found
. If the gorillas are scum as my role leads me to believe, then they are clearly paying no attention and deserve and lose anyways, since it appears to me that the traitor roles have somehow turned into constant nightkill targets.

Unvote: Glork

The most I can make of this is that the Space Monkeys are actually the informed minority, and that Gorillas are in fact the uninformed majority, because I am sure as heck uninformed, and if the scum have had four nights to search for me (and seemingly MBL and Zindaras) and still haven't successfully done so even though I have been talking about traitors for two straight days and leaving a blatant hint yesterday, it might be because there
is
no "group of Gorillas" searching for anybody.

Gah, I misread. It's PetroleumJelly that said that, not Fritzler. Here's the post to which I was referring, it started this whole mess.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:19 am

Post by AndrewS »

Well, StD usually DOES act like a madman...
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:52 am

Post by AndrewS »

That's the thing....I remember in my first newbie game, I was forced to claim cop on day 1, then another player (the doc) counterclaimed cop, thinking he was the doctor. In that case, we lost sheerly due to that player's stupidity, and we could lose this lynch because Masterchief doesn't realize that he's really town and not scum...On the other hand, though, if he's paying that little attention and really
is
that stupid, perhaps him being out of the game would be useful for us...One less distraction anyway. My vote stands.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by AndrewS »

But, see...Now this result is tainted. Even if he WAS a monkey, he'd claim plain gorilla if he's decently smart.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:09 pm

Post by AndrewS »

I am convinced that MC is scum. If he is NOT scum, then by Lynch All Liars, he should be lynched. Continuing this day will not give us any more information

Vote: MasterChief

Sure do hope that I'm right....
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:34 pm

Post by AndrewS »

Gah - I booched it - I was already voting MC. Someone else mind doing the honors?
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:17 pm

Post by AndrewS »

Well, like I said - I see no point in it. We've batted around enough ideas and MC has admitted to being a monkey. If he is telling the truth, that's one less scum. If he's not, then lynch all liars dictates his lynch.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:17 am

Post by AndrewS »

PJ, if MC has been paying so little attention that he doesn't even know who scum is and who the town is, he's going to be more of a help than a hindrance to us in the game. If he's paying so little attention that, when told blatantly that the space monkey are the scum, he still continues to roleclaim space monkey, then he is downright dangerous due to his stupidity. And while I did not know that about MC, it does not excuse him - going into any game, we should be able to treat all players as equal until posts are made.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:12 pm

Post by AndrewS »

Well, my question is this: What else needs to come out? Is there anything that can be said that hasn't? It's great to talk about making the day longer, but if it's not progressing things, then it's useless.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:34 am

Post by AndrewS »

Well, judging from the fact that the space monkeys have roles in addition to the scumgroup(we saw a monkey doctor), I can guess that there is at most 3 more monkeys in our midst (2 have already been killed, and anything more than 5 in an 18 player game with additional power roles would be unbalanced).
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:58 am

Post by AndrewS »

I'd talk, but I have little to say. To be honest, without everyone's attention, we can't hope to even get enough to lynch. I am completely clueless as to who we should lynch....
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:31 am

Post by AndrewS »

We've given him plenty of time to make this big post, and he still hasn't. He's also rather scummy.

Vote:Nightson
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by AndrewS »

Nightson, to me, seems to be the epitome of lurker. My suspicion is that he is not posting because he knows that we won't lynch merely for inactivity at this point.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:09 am

Post by AndrewS »

Wait a minute..We're probably in lylo...

Look at it this way:
10 players. 4 probably scum. Mislynch, brings us to 9. Nightkill takes us to 8. Obviously, a monkey will not be nightkilled. We REALLY need to consider this vote before hammering.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:33 am

Post by AndrewS »

This is true...But in a best case scenario, we're only 1 or 2 from lylo...
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by AndrewS »

PJ: I asked why we should bother talking when a player was telling us that he was scum. Even if he wasn't scum, and was just saying he was due to not reading things, he was still a threat because we were nearing the endgame and if he were to put a stray vote on someone at a time in which the mafia could hammer quickly, the game would be over.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”