, investigated
AndrewS
replacing PookytheMagicalBear
, investigated
Save the Dragons
Thok
replacing Bogre

Twito
And that would contain probably 3-4 Gorillas. (18/4=4-5 Gorillas total.)
Fritzler wrote:
Thok wrote:Blah. Brilliant, STD posts simultaneously with me casting the lynching vote.
brilliant?

or nefarious plot among scumpartners that can day talk?

some times i wonder
Made me laugh so bad! :D

Unsure about my vote. I need to do a re-read/re-skim.
For that matter, twito's paying more attention than you. SHAPE UP.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:55 pm

Post by Glork »

"Come on" what? You haven't done anything to try to find scum all game, and you're passing it off as not paying attention. You're usually much more vigilant than this. Stoof announced in the thread that AndrewS replaced Pooky. And it's listed in the playerlist in the first post of the game. I don't buy any of this right now. I realize that you can be incredibly lazy, but I also know that you're incredibly intelligent, and I could definitely see you trying to slide by via "laziness."

But now that you've said it already, I'm curious to know:
What made you think that Andrew was the right play? What in his posts/behavior made you decide that he was likely scum?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:56 pm

Post by Glork »

^^ The above was directed at Fritz, obvobv.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:38 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Glork wrote:Though you voted on the MC wagon (despite stating that you think he was pro-town), you never attempted to analytically dismantle the case against him until today. I'd really like to know why you didn't do so.
1.) I did try to dismantle the MC case (check Post 654). It might not been have strong as my last dismantling, but that was because (lo and behold) I had
more time to think about it
. I generally tend to think about things more when I have longer amounts of time in which to think of them, amazingly enough.

2.) Put the game in context. There are two contextual things you have to keep in mind.

->
A.
I was continually asking for people to extend the day. This was not taken to very kindly.
AndrewS, Post 649 wrote:Continuing this day will not give us any more information
Glork, Post 650 wrote:
AndrewS wrote:
Vote: MasterChief
:goodposting:
A compliment for the person who you thought had ended the day.
AndrewS, Post 651 wrote:Someone else mind doing the honors?
Thok, Post 652 wrote:I'm willing to hammer if nobody else has anything to say.
Another person who doesn't care for more discussion.
AndrewS, Post 653 wrote:Well, like I said - I see no point in it.
Still "no point" in continuing discussion.

I then make an abrasive post trying to get the town into posting...
klebian, Post 660 wrote:I will consent to vote masterchief, but I want to ask, why are we extending the day? I think there has been reasonable amount of discussio today, but not enough?
AndrewS, Post 661 wrote:Well, my question is this: What else needs to come out? Is there anything that can be said that hasn't? It's great to talk about making the day longer, but if it's not progressing things, then it's useless.
So you can imagine why I just gave up. Nobody seemed to care, nor even comprehend why I might want day to continue.

->
B.
This was also during the time where I was watching Chrono Trigger crumble away under my fingers. I believe that game ended about 12 hours after my post, and since I knew Maz was leaning towards the wrong decision there, I had lost my will to even bother arguing against a lazy town who would rather end the day than discuss anything.

I've been wondering why Fritz has been getting off the hook for so long.
Unvote: Glork, Vote: Fritzler
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:49 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Fritzler: 2 (Glork. petroleumjelly)
Glork: 1 (klebian)
Save The Dragons: 1 (Thok)

It will take 6 of you to push someone out of the airlock.
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:29 am

Post by Twito »

To me Fritzlers mistake looks like pretty honest mistake. In Thoks investigation results it's listed that Pooky is innocent and in PJ's original list he is still named Pooky. However in the first post and on post on the thread if I recall correctly it states that Pooky was replaced by AndrewS.
In my post of the list I fixed this and first it confused me too. Also he told he hasn't read what has happened today.

It looks similar to MC case. Except when it's about MC for me it's not as important whether he gets lynched as town or as scum. And I did point into the fact that MC is stupid enough to claim Space Monkey as a town or as scum.
As scum if he hadn't followed the thread which he obviously hadn't he might claim Space Monkey since he hadn't noticed that we thanks to Thok found out it was opposite way around.
As town, which here was the case, if he hadn't followed the thread he might lie and claim Space Monkey thinking he is scum and Space Monkeys are town.
I'm not too upset about lynching MC even though he was Gorilla.

However Fritz makes me laugh so he is necessary to keep around as long as possible.

I will do that re-read as soon as I have time and energy for it until that I keep up.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:53 am

Post by Glork »

Fritz should be kept alive because he
makes you laugh
?

I'm now thinking Twito+Fritz might be part of our scumgroup.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:56 am

Post by Thok »

My general reason for defending Fritzler is his 517 and 523; those posts strike me more a Gorilla that has no clue what's going on, rather than Space Monkey trying to fake the apperance of that.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:01 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Thok, please show me where Glork left Traitor hints on D2, as you claim.

Also, I have seen Fritz feign confusion as scum before. He seemed to understand your wording on D3 (where 'informed minority' means "that's Thok talk for you're scum"), and if anybody was going to be faking confusion, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Fritz, simply because he seems to be in the realm where everybody passes it off as "that's Fritz for you!".

I find it interesting that Glork is speculating that I would be GF Space Monkey. Funny, too, how he isn't considering the nightkills in relation to his "suspicions", which is a secondary reason why I am suspicious of him.

Day 1
: Glork goes after MBL very hard, and at end of the day, speculated at MBL + PJ scum
Night 2
: MBL dies, shows up

Day 2
: This gives Glork the perfect reason to attack me. I manage to defend myself well enough from connections to MBL that I am not lynched (and likely only because of the "saving grace" that InHim's attack was not very good). By the end of the day, Glork makes no qualms in saying he still thinks I am scummy, and just before day ends, Thok brings up a Zindaras + PJ possibility, and...
Night 3
: Zindaras dies, shows up Gorilla

If somebody was trying to get me lynched in particular, I cannot think of any
better
nightkills than MBL and Zindaras, in that exact order, given how D1 and D2 played out. What Glork is suggesting is that I connected myself to two people
the town would think are scum
, hence
trying to get investigated
in such a way that I would get investigated as a Gorilla, and hence probably be a target for lynching by the Cop (which it seems Thok alluded to, and quite possibly considered doing, on D2 of the game).

Glork does not appear to be taking context seriously
at all
whatsoever in this game.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

petroleumjelly wrote:
StD wrote:I still want an answer from PJ.
I don't answer to monkeys.
What monkey?

I still want an answer from PJ.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:24 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Try reading my post 703 there, genius.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:27 am

Post by Glork »

I'm not sure I can make a defense that doesn't bring WIFOM into things, but you seem to be ignoring the possibility that you were set up by someone
else
to be lynched.

Yes, I was considering PJ+MBL. But anyone (CES, Fritz?, STD?, maybe Nightson?) -- knowing how stubborn I can be, and how much I would try/need to appear consistent -- can off one of you knowing that I'll likely end up going after the other. It wouldn't have made much sense for me to go after someone else if I was linking you to MBL and MBL suddenly died as scum. I had guessed at the time that MBL was vigged, and so I kept hammering away at you, partially for consistency's sake, and partially because I was starting to think that you were SpaceMonkeyTown and I wanted you dead.

You very well may have something with the MBL+Zindaras nightkills trying to get you framed. But you assume that, since I was attacking you (despite thinking I was scum, and just trying to get you lynched), this necessarily implies that I was the one behind the nightkills. Obviously, I don't see that as being the case. You yourself admitted that you were guilty of trying to set me up with the Bird+inHim lynches. With you going down one wrong path, the scums can make their nightkills and set me down another wrong path. I think that, had Thok not essentially claimed on D3, one of us probably would have been lynched that day. And then, if the revelation came on D4, the other one of us probably would have been lynched for mongering things too much and "leading everyone around." You accuse me of not taking context into things. Yet I think that you're choosing to see
only
the context that you
wish
to see. Look at the bigger picture; I don't think that the Space Monkeys were only in control of the nightkills... I'm starting to think that they probably had a significant hand in the lynches as well, even if they were not the most vocal supporters of the D1 and D2 lynches.

And again, I'll say to you what I said to Klebian: I don't actually find it
likely
that you are scum or that there is a GF in the game. I just still find your play scummy enough that there is still the
possibility
that you are.
Perhaps I should rephrase what I said earlier as such:
If the game gets to the point where all of the remaining unknowns are dead, and it's down to a bunch of "confirmed" innocents, I would want the town to seriously look at lynching you before anybody else.
The evidence is definitely there; and if all other options fail and I'm still alive, I'll probably find myself pointing at you instead of Klebian, Thok, or AndrewS.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:35 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
Glork wrote:I had guessed at the time that MBL was vigged, and so I kept hammering away at you, partially for consistency's sake, and partially because I was starting to think that you were SpaceMonkeyTown and I wanted you dead.
Explain. You thought I was SpaceMonkeyTown on D2, after there were only 2 dead gorillas and 1 dead Space Monkey Doctor? This is certainly new information to me.

2.) I
do not
"assume" you are
the
culprit. I
do
find you suspicious, and for reasons other than the nightkills. Those are simply extra factors which increase my dislike for your play this game.

3.)
Glork wrote:You yourself admitted that you were guilty of trying to set me up with the Bird+inHim lynches.
Correct - because the only control
I
have over the game is lynching. It seems like your control seems to be setting people up, and then one of the pairing gets nightkilled, giving you momentum for future lynches.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Thok »

PJ-I felt Glork's reference to Mafia 49, a game in which he was scum and looking for a traitor, was a traitor tell. I could be wrong.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Glork »

petroleumjelly wrote:1.)
Glork wrote:I had guessed at the time that MBL was vigged, and so I kept hammering away at you, partially for consistency's sake, and partially because I was starting to think that you were SpaceMonkeyTown and I wanted you dead.
Explain. You thought I was SpaceMonkeyTown on D2, after there were only 2 dead gorillas and 1 dead Space Monkey Doctor? This is certainly new information to me.
:roll:
Go look at the attacks I made on you/Ibby and MBL and the connections I drew. Try to tell me that they weren't contrived. Remember discredting my attack on Ibby? Remember talking about taking advantage of her absence to foist suspicion upon her? Hey, guess what. You were right! I didn't really suspect you, and there wasn't really a basis for my linking you and MBL the way I did. I figured you were probably town, but I was going to be damned if I wasn't going to get one or both of you lynched.
By Day Two, I was a little miffed that MBL was actually scum, but I didn't really think that you were his scumbuddy. I was actually somewhat pleased with myself for having connected you two together, and I was hoping that I could get that momentum against you early in the day. It just didn't pan out, though.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:53 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Nightson, tell me in explicit detail what you think of Glork's responses to my attacks.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:00 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

I see.

Well, I'm glad to see that I still have sufficient skills in immediately killing off discussion with a single post.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:20 am

Post by Thok »

Waves hi.

Mr Stoofer
, can we get mass prods on everybody?

Seriously, we Gorillas should be able to win this game easily as long as we actually talk to each other and participate. I don't want this to be another Chrono Trigger where the town stopped talking, didn't discuss issues and proceeded to lynch at random once anybody with a clue died.

unvote, vote Nightson
, pressure vote.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:25 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Glork wrote:"Come on" what? You haven't done anything to try to find scum all game, and you're passing it off as not paying attention. You're usually much more vigilant than this. Stoof announced in the thread that AndrewS replaced Pooky. And it's listed in the playerlist in the first post of the game. I don't buy any of this right now. I realize that you can be incredibly lazy, but I also know that you're incredibly intelligent, and I could definitely see you trying to slide by via "laziness."

But now that you've said it already, I'm curious to know:
What made you think that Andrew was the right play? What in his posts/behavior made you decide that he was likely scum?
mainly for thinking the pm thing makes someone innocent, i think in a stoof game its very likely that scum would also have the pm

and i hate traitor, boring as shit, and roles where your allegiance changes half way through are lame, they totally change the way the game works

fuck if ill pay attention in a game where i get a traitor, the uninformed minority
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:57 am

Post by Fritzler »

oh, and for anyone who thinks the pm makes you innocent

I'm 1337
Surfs up dude.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

petroleumjelly wrote:Try reading my post 703 there, genius.
Maybe I should instead complain about calling me a monkey and not read the rest of the game going on around me.

Yesterday was a misscarriage of idiocy. This entire game has been one joke after another, and we're going to be pretty lucky if we can keep thok alive, since we can eliminate black names by investigation and lynches faster than the scum can kill us...

i'm not sure I like Glork's recent attacks. Other than that I don't have much to go on atm.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:22 pm

Post by Thok »

Mr Stoofer
, have dahen and Nightson been prodded yet? Everybody else has at leat made one post today.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:28 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Fritzler: 2 (Glork. petroleumjelly)
Glork: 1 (klebian)
Nightson: 1 (Thok)

It will take 6 of you to push someone out of the airlock.

I'll do a full activity check with prods as necessary tomorrow. Repeat offenders can expect a summary modkill.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:32 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

A modkill? Criminy.

Unvote: Fritzler, Vote: Nightson
. Question still waiting for you.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:58 am

Post by AndrewS »

I'd talk, but I have little to say. To be honest, without everyone's attention, we can't hope to even get enough to lynch. I am completely clueless as to who we should lynch....
"I hear that random.org punches babies." - Thesp

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”