Open 501: Stacking the Deck of Power (Game Over)

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.05havingfitz (5) - Syryana, Sakura Hana, Tammy, Does Bo Know, Tierce
Mutleyddmc (2) - Chenoan, dragonfly
Chenoan (1) - Mutleyddmc
Sakura Hana (1) - havingfitz

Not Voting (3) - awestfie, Nachomamma8, Lazurial

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

The deadline is Wednesday, June 12, 2013, at 12:30 AM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2013-06-12 00:30:00).
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:12 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 148, Sakura Hana wrote:So Bert posts a big non-catch-up post, then says there will be more from him in a few hours, then replaces out? that's kind of odd.
I've done it before as both alignments. It's null. Plus he already said two games was too much for him.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:15 am

Post by Lazurial »

@DBK: I think Sakura's town over fitz at the moment, but I'm not ready to put him at L-1 just yet.

Off to work. I'll play catch up when I get back and re-read the sakura/fitz debate, maybe put a vote down.
dragonfly
dragonfly
Townie
dragonfly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:27 am

Post by dragonfly »

In post 41, Chenoan wrote:The nacho wagon is really random. God I hate RVS so much.

Mutley's accusation makes no sense to me. Like what? I don't even.

UNVOTE

No idea how to actually contribute to this game right now, though, since the questions I would've asked have already been posed. So. Yea.
Tierce, this whole post doesn't sound like fake content?
In post 46, Tierce wrote:Besides, he called me boring. Lies and slander, for which the punishment is hanging by the neck until dead.
Well if I ever get bored of the game I will be sure to use your assistance. Don't take it so offensively.

But..
In post 12, Tierce wrote:You
boring
lot.

VOTE: Nachomamma8
:?:
In post 53, Chenoan wrote:Oh my god.

I hate early wagons. But what even. I don't. What.

VOTE: Mutley

If you are somehow actually town stop being so antagonistic and distracting everyone. This is absurd.
I don't like this.
It looks like Chenoan needed reasoning to join the wagon.
In post 77, Lazurial wrote:
UNVOTE

VOTE: Chenoan

I'm inclined to agree with fitz at the moment as far as mutley's tendency goes. I don't like how Chenoan is justifying his vote as something he doesn't like to do before following through and voting regardless.
I share these sentiments about Chen.
In post 85, Syryana wrote:Why aren't you voting Tierce then?
Why did you ask this question?
The answer is fairly obvious if you think about it.
In post 87, Syryana wrote:And this is to everyone else as well: Do you believe the speed of a wagon is indicative of the wagonee's (in this case Mutley's) alignment? Do you believe that the speed of the wagon indicates there is scum on it?

Personally I believe the speed of the wagon is null. I've seen scum driven and town driven wagons pop up like this. I'm interested to hear everyone else's thoughts.
In all honesty clueless here, does scum driven mean only one scum on it or more than one?
In post 92, Syryana wrote:Lead on, Lazurial!
Does this mean you have a town read on Laz?
Or just a scum read on Chenoan?

Oh no.
Long posts begin now.

:cry:
In post 110, Tammy wrote:That fitz actually asks the questions he does in Post 71 and Post 73 is laughable as fitz is not new and these questions can't possible be considered productive by someone who isn't new.
I actually didn't have a problem with Fitz asking those questions.
Why are so many people thinking those questions were bad?
In post 124, havingfitz wrote:How am I misrepresenting anything?  You’re misrepresenting me by saying that.  Also…does anyone ever post in mafia against their will?  I.e. stupid accusation you “willfully” made.
The bitterness in Fitz's catch up post is astounding. Why are you acting the way you are?

To answer this, I don't think you correctly understand what Tammy meant when she said you were willfully misrepresenting.
It isn't whether someone is being forced to post.
In post 129, Tammy wrote:Oh look at me I'm town, I don't know how many scum there are! Like, is this a serious statement? Even if the setup wasn't in the second post of the game, are you seriously trying to pass off that you thought it possible that there was only one scum in a 12-person game? Micros have two; hell even 5p vengefuls have two.
I think you are misunderstanding something but I will let Fitz answer first.
In post 134, Lazurial wrote:UNVOTE because clearly I'm not making any headway here. I'll pack the case up and save it for later, if I get more against him.
You ruined my town read on you. :(

I like the Fitz wagon but I am an entrepreneur. I think his reaction to Tammy and Syr and most recently Bo have been caustic and angry and it doesn't make me think he is town.

And I like wagons.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:31 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 153, dragonfly wrote:
In post 41, Chenoan wrote:The nacho wagon is really random. God I hate RVS so much.

Mutley's accusation makes no sense to me. Like what? I don't even.

UNVOTE

No idea how to actually contribute to this game right now, though, since the questions I would've asked have already been posed. So. Yea.
Tierce, this whole post doesn't sound like fake content?
On page 2? No, not at all. I understand feeling lost when someone is acting weirdly and/or people are holding cards to their chest. He reads as someone genuinely confused and makes that admission. I have no issue with newer players doing that.
In post 46, Tierce wrote:Besides, he called me boring. Lies and slander, for which the punishment is hanging by the neck until dead.
Well if I ever get bored of the game I will be sure to use your assistance. Don't take it so offensively.

But..
In post 12, Tierce wrote:You
boring
lot.

:?:
I was joking on the first bit, and called them boring because all votes were on different people. 1-person wagons at the end of RVS are incredibly dull.

If you are somehow actually town stop being so antagonistic and distracting everyone. This is absurd.
I don't like this.
It looks like Chenoan needed reasoning to join the wagon.
...And what is the problem with that? He's not overexplaining.
In post 77, Lazurial wrote:
UNVOTE

I'm inclined to agree with fitz at the moment as far as mutley's tendency goes. I don't like how Chenoan is justifying his vote as something he doesn't like to do before following through and voting regardless.
I share these sentiments about Chen.
So you missed all the section that shows that Chenoan is probably going "ugh, early wagons, but I think he's scum so I'll vote him anyway"?
In post 110, Tammy wrote:That fitz actually asks the questions he does in Post 71 and Post 73 is laughable as fitz is not new and these questions can't possible be considered productive by someone who isn't new.
I actually didn't have a problem with Fitz asking those questions.
Why are so many people thinking those questions were bad?
They are not questions that Sakura would have any issue replying honestly depending on her alignment. The questions could be in any other game or in MD or wherever else and you couldn't extract a scum/Townread on Sakura from them. That's why they are not scumhunting questions.

How does that Chenoan vote hold up against and ? You went through these posts and did not comment on them.
awestfie
awestfie
Mafia Scum
awestfie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:39 am

Post by awestfie »

Prod dodging, been busy with a lot of things, I'll catch up sometime tomorrow.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:39 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Tierce, you're probably town and Tammy is probably town because you're not lynching her.
Bert is town too despite being weird as fuck, probably. Add your easy townreads to the list and we'll have a ball around them. If we don't lynch all of the scum/I survive for more than 3 days, you can lynch me and I'll show you my poetry and my short stories and be crazy trolling town.

Vote: Syryana

I'm mostly trolling with this vote but fitz is sort of townish (although I haven't read him yet) so you can die by fire and flames, scumbag.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
dragonfly
dragonfly
Townie
dragonfly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by dragonfly »

In post 154, Tierce wrote:On page 2? No, not at all. I understand feeling lost when someone is acting weirdly and/or people are holding cards to their chest. He reads as someone genuinely confused and makes that admission. I have no issue with newer players doing that.
Maybe I'm reading too far into it.
Just a little note, why do you specify newer players in this post?
In post 154, Tierce wrote:I was joking on the first bit, and called them boring because all votes were on different people. 1-person wagons at the end of RVS are incredibly dull.
I was joking too. :(
I really shouldn't try to be humourous. I'm not naturally funny.
In post 154, Tierce wrote:...And what is the problem with that? He's not overexplaining.
I need to word things more appropriately. Forgive me.

I am trying to convey that Chenoan's reasoning for the vote seems tacked on.
It doesn't appear genuine to me. It looks like a justification for an entrance onto the most populous wagon.
In post 154, Tierce wrote:So you missed all the section that shows that Chenoan is probably going "ugh, early wagons, but I think he's scum so I'll vote him anyway"?
No, I read those. I was agreeing with Laz. Personally, I think my suspicions are different to Laz's suspicions.
Did you miss the part where Chenoan is apparently "lost" but still has found clarity in specific reads?

One of which is a Muntley scum read?
In post 154, Tierce wrote:They are not questions that Sakura would have any issue replying honestly depending on her alignment. The questions could be in any other game or in MD or wherever else and you couldn't extract a scum/Townread on Sakura from them. That's why they are not scumhunting questions.
I don't see the point of this explanation. I figure that is a difference in mentalities.
Not everything in the game has to be about scumhunting. But I will stop here before I give Fitz any further potential outs.
In post 154, Tierce wrote:How does that Chenoan vote hold up against Post 127 and Post 128? You went through these posts and did not comment on them.
If by comment you mean the analysis was not immediately after the quote, then I guess.

Within your first reply to me is a "comment" on 127 because I felt that post was a major example of what looked fake about Chenoan.
128 I guess I replied to above.

I consider my reasoning separate from Laz's. No one has yet been able to bring up a plausible reason for why my suspicion is wrong.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 12, Tierce wrote:You boring lot.

Not nearly enough rejoicing about being town, and I would love for you to be scum this game.
In post 23, Sakura Hana wrote:Other than that tho, doesn't that relieve all pressure off him at this point?
Sakura townie.

You're a little overdramatic.
In post 85, Syryana wrote:Worst post of the game thus far. Completely defeats the point of a pressure vote if you call it a pressure vote.
booooooring
In post 106, Lazurial wrote:But blatantly disassociating yourself with your actions is, I would say.
Scum #2.
In post 145, Equinox wrote:dragonfly replaces Bert. Thank you!
I called you town because I like you :(
I still think you are town, but now I miss you.

Tammy also bores me this game.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Chenoan, Syryana, and Lazurial. Syryananas, how many powerups did you give your team? Did you go with daytalk and the JOAT so you could take me out of the game and didn't have to go through a bodyguard?

Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by Lazurial »

Now that I've got some support, even if it's a different logic, and I've had time to look at it, I'll give this one last try.

Vote: Chenoan

My issue isn't that he explained himself. It's not that he looks like a hypocrite. He doesn't, really, because he points out how it's out of the ordinary. My issue is that it doesn't strike me as entirely natural. It seems like something he threw in to make it seem like, if it later turned out lynching Mutley was a mistake, he wasn't to blame. I think that's scummy. Someone town shouldn't have to worry about covering for themselves later as long as they're honest and genuine in their intent. This post goes against that.

Maybe I'm over-reading it. Maybe this is just a bad argument. It's still where I'm reading him.

As far as Havingfitz v Sakura Hana... I'm inclined to side with Hana. She's made arguments that make sense, but fitz keeps asking the same questions. I'm not entirely convinced though, because they way he's writing makes it look to me like he genuinely doesn't see her answers as fitting or complete.

I want to see a bit more activity from awestfie and Chenoan. I'm hoping the pressure we have on him now will get some of that. Nacho's picked back up, so I'm looking forward to see what he has to say. I'm glad to see dragonfly is more active than bert was.

I'm reading town from dragonfly, dbk, mutley, Hana, and Tammy. Syryana's doing a lot to scum hunt. I want to call him town. Tierce is leaning town, but I'm somewhat suspicious of how she's accused me of making an argument I keep saying I'm not so many times. I've got chenoan and fitz leaning scum. I'm waiting for Nacho and awestfie to post a little more.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 160, Lazurial wrote:As far as Havingfitz v Sakura Hana... I'm inclined to side with Hana. She's made arguments that make sense, but fitz keeps asking the same questions. I'm not entirely convinced though, because they way he's writing makes it look to me like he genuinely doesn't see her answers as fitting or complete.
Why is it one versus the other?

Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by Lazurial »

In post 146, Does Bo Know wrote:...
Aside from that, I’m unsure of what to think when Syryana asks Laz for other suspects, because Laz doesn’t really comment on Sakura vs. Fitz, which is a huge topic so far.
It was posed as Hana v Fitz, thus I responded as Hana v Fitz.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Kinda not liking how you vote Chenoan first, then when you're seen as scum by a couple people you unvote, and when someone agrees with you you vote him again.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by Lazurial »

In post 146, Does Bo Know wrote:Continuing from :

: Fitz’s catch-up. Firstly, Glade is probably a trending topic in this game. Secondly, Fitz is really not doing well in defending his logic. His first point to Syryana isn’t good; maybe Sakura didn’t want to vote Nacho because it was already a considerably large wagon, as opposed to earlier, when there wasn’t one. His reasons for and still haven’t shown why they help scumhunting, and don’t add to his case on Sakura.

Basically strawmanning Sakura some more, making her look like her actions are much worse than they actually are, yadda yadda

You can’t tell me L-2 in 35 pages is automatically not null (I’m assuming when you say it can’t be null, that there’s a scum on it). So, here’s the deal: if at some point this game you flip scum, Fitz, I’m gonna look more closely at this L-2 wagon on Mutley for the next scum, and use PoE and associative tells to make this super easy for us. It’ll be grand.

Also, making assumptions that I’m out to get you. My vote was because I wanted to put some more pressure on you to answer to the cases presented, and from there, I would either remove the vote and do something else, or pressure you more with questions. I feel like the reason you think it sounds like I want you lynched, is because you’re trying to paint me as scummy. (And as a bonus, you don’t even directly say I’m scum, so it’s not even that firm of a stance.)

: Tierce makes the “Fitz assumes scum-fueled wagon” point I made just a few seconds ago, plus says Fitz isn’t doing anything about it. Also, this and both have me convinced that Chenoan’s post about getting on a wagon isn’t scummy.

Some walls that I generally agree with are after that, but it’s too much work to say specifically what I agree with in each part. (In fact, most of the agreements are “They beat me to it.”) Aside from that, I’m unsure of what to think when Syryana asks Laz for other suspects, because Laz doesn’t really comment on Sakura vs. Fitz, which is a huge topic so far.

Aaaand that looks like all I have to say. That catch-up wasn’t too bad.

Alright, cool. I like Fitz as a top candidate for scum. Anyone have any questions, hit me up.
I can't really make a case against the people who are claiming me scum. I'd rather try to hunt scum and hope it clears my name than spend time scrambling to defend myself and risk helping the scum win.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

people who are attacking you could also be scum

Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by Lazurial »

Sorry about the massive quote there... Must've bumped the queue quote button somewhere along the way.

They could be, and they quite possibly are considering I know myself to be town. Doesn't change the fact I don't think I could lead a wagon against them.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'll lead the wagon if you need me to. Just show me the scum.

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Well you had cleared it already for me, you just went back to my "maaaaaaaybe (like 10%) scum" point with your being way too careful with your vote and only wanted to place it on where people are agreeing with you rather than being certain on your scum read and attack that way until you can get a clearer read on them, There hasn't been any chenoan's posts since your unvote that I remember, what made you suddenly change your mind on him again?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by Lazurial »

I've got my leads, and I'm happy with them for now. Mostly waiting for Chenoan to give us more content.

Hana, sorry, misread that statement of yours, so I'll try to give you a better answer now.

I didn't unvote because people were calling me scum. I unvoted because the more I made my case, the more the questions being asked at me stayed the same. It felt like I was making no headway, which led me to become incredibly frustrated. I let my frustration get the best of me, and unvoted him with the intent of placing my vote somewhere useful. I've since calmed down, looked back, made a post with content, and seen someone else who's got an issue with the same post I do. I'm going to try making my case one more time.

If I fail again, I'll move on and probably join another wagon. For the moment though, I'm going to try and be calm and collected while I present my case so as to avoid a repeat of my last effort.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by Chenoan »

I'm bad at being active. Catching up tonightish.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 167, Nachomamma8 wrote:I'll lead the wagon if you need me to. Just show me the scum.
Laz, who is the scum on your wagon?

Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:31 pm

Post by Lazurial »

Currently my wagon consists of you (Nacho), tierce, and I think Hana & dragonfly have me leaning scum too. Ironic as it is, I've got town reads on most all of you. The best I've got is a little bit is suspicion towards Tierce, but I think that's mostly me being defensive over how zealously she pursued me with the wrong question.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

(I'm not on your wagon)
In post 164, Lazurial wrote:I can't really make a case against the people who are claiming me scum. I'd rather try to hunt scum and hope it clears my name than spend time scrambling to defend myself and risk helping the scum win.
Why did you say this if you thought everyone who was calling you scum was actually town?

Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:41 pm

Post by Lazurial »

If I think someone's town, I wouldn't have a case against them, would I? The second part applies regardless, I'd say.

Return to “Completed Open Games”