Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by Dirge »

LyingBrian wrote:... unfortunately, i can be very erratic, which gives the
impression
that i'm not pro-town...
If you say so.

You attack my lack of content then when I point out that there actually is content you justify your attack by saying that it doesn't concern you. Sounds like you're fishing for suspicions. What am I missing?
[size=75]I wouldn't change a stroke, cause baby I'm the most... - Prince[/size]
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:01 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

LyingBrian wrote:or since MrBuddyLee was a zombie, he was able to kill someone before he was killed... unfortunately, i can be very erratic, which gives the
impression
that i'm not pro-town... are you really still stuck on the Freudian slip thing, or was there something else?..
So you bring up the freudian slip thing in a further try to discredit my argument? If you recall, that was a DWA. Add that to the other two reasons in the original slip post, and you have my 3 reasons for voting you.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:24 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

@Dirge

how in tarnation am i fishing for suspicions when i ignore a post that doesn't really concern me, then explain how it doesn't concern me when you bring it up... if you want my opinion on any specific post, just ask, but don't say i'm suspicious for initially passing over a post i don't consider relative to me...

and how the freak are you getting away w/ only posting 2 or 3 lines here & there?..

@Thestatusquo

so you don't want to acknowledge my theory as a logical one?.. i'm not trying to discredit anything, i'm just asking for your reasons for voting me... i'll review the post when i get time, which unfortunately is not right now... BTW, what does DWA mean?...

@Atticus

to pull a page from the Fritzler/Quagmire book, b/c you're scum, duh...
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:42 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Deliberately weak argument... I went over this in pretty painstaking detail.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:29 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
3 to lynch.

LyingBrian: 2 (Quagmire, Thestatusquo)
Atticus: 1 (LyingBrian)

Mod Note:
Throwdown choices due tomorrow.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:37 am

Post by Atticus »

The unfortunate thing for the Betrayal at House on the Hill game is that I assume the item you have to attack with is something from MeMeMeet, and almost half the people in the game didn't go.

MOD: Are there any point bonuses for attacking the Traitor with the right item?

Attack LyingBrian with MeMeMeet

Currently, after rereading Lb's posts today, I feel that he is not scum. Why? Because he's being a reckless idiot. I'm thinking quagmire's scum.
Something is just not striking me as scummy about LB or Dirge, of course, Dirge has posted only a few times today, so recent information is hard to find.

So why Quag? An age-old question.
quag wrote:I hate to say it, MBL, but I am town. From this point on, I'll be goin gon vibes from other people -- which just happens to be olio at #1. Does anyone else think at this point that we should mass claim?

This gives me a scum vibe most of all. He hates to say that he's town, that's not particularly scummy, it's jsut that he's never particularly claimed this whole game, and now he just says, he is town. I guess there is no reason to actually claim, yes, but why now, why 'I am town"?

Most of his whole game has been either attacking Pooky, or oneliners.

This is what I have right now,
Vote: Quagmire.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:33 am

Post by mith »

Game 10: Rock, Paper, Scissors Ultimate Tournament of Champions Throwdown - Results

Atticus - SSRPR - 3
Dirge - PRRSS - 3

Atticus - RRPSP - 7.5
LyingBrian - xxxxx - 0

Atticus - PPPPP - 2
Quagmire - PPPPP - 2

Atticus - SRPRS - 3
Thestatusquo - PPPPP - 3

Dirge - PRPPS - 7.5
LyingBrian - xxxxx - 0

Dirge - SSRPR - 1
Quagmire - PRPRP - 6.5

Dirge - RPRRS - 0.5
Thestatusquo - PPPPP - 6.5

LyingBrian - xxxxx - 0
Quagmire - PPPPP - 7.5

LyingBrian - xxxxx - 0
Thestatusquo - PPPPP - 7.5

Quagmire - PPPPP - 2
Thestatusquo - PPPPP - 2

MeMeMeet Points:

Thestatusquo: 24
Quagmire: 18
Atticus: 15.5
Dirge: 12
LyingBrian: 0

Total:

Atticus: 78.5
Thestatusquo: 70
MrBuddyLee: 54
Dirge: 53
Quagmire: 53
Fishbulb: 51
PookyTheMagicalBear: 49
Fritzler: 46
kristocker: 29
Anonymities: 23
Mastermind of Sin: 18
Thesp: 16
olio: 12
mlaker: 10
Yoko Kurama: 10
MeMe: 8
Yosarian2: 8
Fletcher: 2
LyingBrian: -3
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:35 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
3 to lynch.

LyingBrian: 2 (Quagmire, Thestatusquo)
Quagmire: 1 (Atticus)

Mod Note:
Points can be earned in Game 5.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:45 am

Post by mith »

Game 5: Betrayal at House on a Hill - Attacks

LyingBrian attacks Dirge with a printer. He is sucked into typing "All work and no play makes Dirge a dull boy" over and over and over... (Dirge loses one Sanity point.)

Dirge has been driven insane!
He may no longer attack or be attacked.

Quagmire attacks LyingBrian with everything. (LyingBrian gains one Speed point.)

Atticus attacks LyingBrian with MeMeMeet. (LyingBrian gains one Speed point.)

The Traitor strikes! (Quagmire loses one Sanity point.)

Quagmire has been driven insane!
He may no longer attack or be attacked.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Being an irratic idiot seems like a nul tell for LB. It seems like it's his norm. However the case I have pushed against him is not predicated on that partcular piece of analysis, and thus still stands.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by Dirge »

mith wrote:
Dirge has been driven insane!
VOTE:LyingBrian
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:51 pm

Post by mith »

Final Vote Count:
3 to lynch.

LyingBrian: 3 (Dirge, Quagmire, Thestatusquo)

Quagmire: 1 (Atticus)

Mod Note:
Scene coming later.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:34 am

Post by mith »

Scene 16 - July 29, 7:59 PM

Sixteen people have died in the past week, yet only one thing is on the minds of the remaining five for most of the day, and it's not the murders, their own safety, or revenge. No, something supersedes all of that.

Yes, you've guessed it. What could be more important than the honor, fame, and glory there to be won at the Rock, Paper, Scissors Ultimate Tournament of Champions Throwdown?

The participants spend the morning getting ready. The throws are planned, the gambits studied, and now it is time for the main event.

The Mod, who happens to be qualified as an officially recognized Throwdown referee, calls forward the participants in the first match. As they approach, the room seems to shift in reality, the walls losing their solidity and giving way to a surging crowd. The noise quickly rises from that of a quiet house in the summertime to that of a sold-out stadium, complete with commentators...

Sadly, we have failed to reach an agreement with the Ocho to rebroadcast this event in its entirety, so instead the two main results:

To no one's surprise, mith, reigning GL and Grudge Match champion, came through the brutal round robin to claim yet another Throwdown championship on a tiebreak.

The real shocker, however, was the total no-show by one of the participants, spork76. Ok, so perhaps it shouldn't have been that much of a shocker, but the way he just stood there and took throw after throw without any reaction...

It almost goes without saying that once the Throwdown championship was decided, the other four lynched him.

LyingBrian (replacing ibaesha), playing spork76 (Fletcher, Zombie) was lynched.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:37 am

Post by mith »

Scene 17 - July 29, 8:59 PM

It's an hour after the passing of the one true Fletcher... or a passing, at least, given that he was a Zombie. Everyone is a little relieved that they have eliminated another Zombie, but also a little shaken by who it was. Actually, "mith" and "mlaker" seem more than a little shaken. Suddenly, they turn to the other two, their sadness turned to wrath.

"You! It's your fault! You did this to him!"

They move forward to throttle the other two. "lemuel" manages to duck out of the way, but "mith" grabs "Maverick" and squeezes "his" hands around the throat. The victim's hands thrash about, trying to loosen his attacker's grip. In a last effort, he grabs something and pulls, but it is only the mask, finally ripping off, too late.

"mith" looks down and recoils, releasing the dead boy's throat. It's not Maverick at all.

Quagmire, playing Maverick (Atticus) is dead.

The mith and mlaker masks fall off, revealing MeMe and Dirge respectively. They approach "lemuel" slowly, kitchen knives in hand, backing him into a corner.

Just as they are attack, the Mod steps in.

"You can't kill him."

"What? But our children are dead!"

"He got the most MeMeMeet Points, though."

MeMe and Dirge glance back at the big chart of results. Though it is across the room, the top of the chart almost seems to be glowing, so that they can make out clearly the name at the top.

They look at each other, trying to decide what to do. Finally, they nod to each other, and MeMe turns back to the remaining houseguest.

"Well. You did get more points than those two put together. And it would be too quiet around here, otherwise..."

And so, their house rid of all invaders, MeMe, Dirge, and the newly adopted Point Whore, live happily ever after... at least, until DirgeDo.

Winners:

The Concerned Parents Mafia

Thestatusquo (replacing Mr_Gnome_It_All), playing mith (MeMe)
Dirge, playing mlaker (Dirge)
kristocker, playing Quagmire (spork's Dad)
Fishbulb, playing kristocker (MoS's Mom)

MeMeMeet Points Winner

Atticus, playing lemuel (Point Whore)

Haunt Winner

??? (The Traitor)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:39 am

Post by mith »

Game Summary:
Spreadsheet.

I've got the basic role information, end of day vote counts, and night choices here, as well as most of the game information. I haven't added sheets for Haunt and I'm the Boss! yet, as the original spreadsheets are horribly disorganized at the moment; Things... is included, but hasn't been converted yet to a "clean" looking format, simply because it's so much information.

Role PMs:

PLAYER: Mr_Gnome_It_All
NAME: MeMe
ALIGNMENT: The Concerned Parents (Mafia)
DESCRIPTION: Once was enough! These people are in your house again, and something just isn't right about them. You know for a fact that at least one of these
Masks
is fake. Someone is posing as you! There's only one thing to do.
ROLE INFORMATION: You are Mafia with Fishbulb, Dirge, and kristocker. Each Night, one of you may attempt to kill another Player. As a group, you also have a one-shot Hide (all Night actions against the user fail) and a one-shot Block (all Night actions by the target fail). You may communicate with each other privately during the Pre-Game and at Night.
WIN CONDITION: The Concerned Parents Win if all other Players are dead and at least one Parent is alive.
CONFIRM: By posting in the Pre-Game. If you have any questions, PM me.

PLAYER: Dirge
NAME: Dirge
DESCRIPTION: Once was enough! These people are in your house again, and something just isn't right about them. You know for a fact that at least one of these
Masks
is fake. Someone is posing as you! There's only one thing to do.
ROLE INFORMATION: You are Mafia with Fishbulb, Mr_Gnome_It_All, and kristocker. Each Night, one of you may attempt to kill another Player. As a group, you also have a one-shot Hide (all Night actions against the user fail) and a one-shot Block (all Night actions by the target fail). You may communicate with each other privately during the Pre-Game and at Night.
WIN CONDITION: The Concerned Parents Win if all other Players are dead and at least one Parent is alive.

PLAYER: kristocker
NAME: spork's Dad
DESCRIPTION: You should never have let your son meet all these strangers. Now you've somehow been sucked into a doppleganger MeMeMeet. It's time to put a stop to this.
ROLE INFORMATION: You are Mafia with Fishbulb, Mr_Gnome_It_All, and Dirge. Each Night, one of you may attempt to kill another Player. As a group, you also have a one-shot Hide (all Night actions against the user fail) and a one-shot Block (all Night actions by the target fail). You may communicate with each other privately during the Pre-Game and at Night.

PLAYER: Fishbulb
NAME: Mastermind of Sin's Mother
DESCRIPTION: You should never have let your son meet all these strangers. Now you've somehow been sucked into a doppleganger MeMeMeet. It's time to put a stop to this.
ROLE INFORMATION: You are Mafia with Mr_Gnome_It_All, Dirge, and kristocker. Each Night, one of you may attempt to kill another Player. As a group, you also have a one-shot Hide (all Night actions against the user fail) and a one-shot Block (all Night actions by the target fail). You may communicate with each other privately during the Pre-Game and at Night.

PLAYER: ibaesha
NAME: Fletcher
ALIGNMENT: The Zombie Mafia
DESCRIPTION: Mmmm. Brains.
ROLE INFORMATION: You are Mafia with MeMe and jeep. Each Night, one of you may attempt to kill another Player. You may also attempt to recruit new Zombies by predicting the Lynch for the next day: if you guess correctly, the Lynch will fail and that Player will become a Zombie. You may recruit up to two new Zombies. As a group, you also have a one-shot Hide (all Night actions against the user fail) and a one-shot Block (all Night actions by the target fail). You may communicate with each other privately during the Pre-Game and at Night.
WIN CONDITION: The Zombies Win if all other Players are dead and at least one Zombie is alive.

PLAYER: MeMe
NAME: +1
DESCRIPTION: Mmmm. Brains.
ROLE INFORMATION: You are Mafia with ibaesha and jeep. Each Night, one of you may attempt to kill another Player. You may also attempt to recruit new Zombies by predicting the Lynch for the next day: if you guess correctly, the Lynch will fail and that Player will become a Zombie. You may recruit up to two new Zombies. As a group, you also have a one-shot Hide (all Night actions against the user fail) and a one-shot Block (all Night actions by the target fail). You may communicate with each other privately during the Pre-Game and at Night.
WIN CONDITION: The Zombies Win if all other Players are dead and at least one Zombie is alive.

PLAYER: jeep
NAME: Jimmy Hoffa
DESCRIPTION: The Feds may not be sure, but you are: you're dead! Now you've developed a taste for brains...
ROLE INFORMATION: You are Mafia with ibaesha and MeMe. Each Night, one of you may attempt to kill another Player. You may also attempt to recruit new Zombies by predicting the Lynch for the next day: if you guess correctly, the Lynch will fail and that Player will become a Zombie. You may recruit up to two new Zombies. As a group, you also have a one-shot Hide (all Night actions against the user fail) and a one-shot Block (all Night actions by the target fail). You may communicate with each other privately during the Pre-Game and at Night.

PLAYER: PookyTheMagicalBear
NAME: The Bus
ALIGNMENT: The Serial Lyncher
DESCRIPTION: Having people constantly thrown under you was annoying at first, but now you've gotten used to it. In fact, it's kinda fun. You've decided to just go with it and see what happens.
ROLE INFORMATION: Each Night, you may attempt to kill another Player or you may Hide (all Night actions against you fail). In addition, you will be given a target each Day who you want to Lynch.
WIN CONDITION: You Win if all other Players are dead or you successfully Lynch two targets.

PLAYER: Thesp
NAME: Jeff Jenkins
ALIGNMENT: The Suicidal Kamikaze Jester
DESCRIPTION: Ha ha... ha. You're hilarious. But you're not laughing. You're tired of the goofballs you work with, and you're tired of these people you've somehow ended up in a house with. You just want to end it all.
ROLE INFORMATION: You are protected from all Night 1 actions.
WIN CONDITION: You Win if you are Lynched.

PLAYER: Fritzler
NAME: Ned "The Band" Wilkinson
ALIGNMENT: The Innocents
DESCRIPTION: You can do it all! Guitar... keyboard... vocals... lyre... and now that you find yourself in a house with a bunch of strangers, you're sure to discover some other useful abilities you didn't know about.
ROLE INFORMATION: Each Night, you may choose to either Hide (all Night actions against you fail), Block (all Night actions by the target fail), or Protect (the target is safe from one kill attempt). You may use each of these actions twice during the game.
WIN CONDITION: You Win if all killers are dead and at least one Innocent is alive.

PLAYER: Yoko Kurama
NAME: Jimmy Hoffa
DESCRIPTION: You aren't dead... yet. There are people that wish you were though, so you might have to hide to avoid them.
ROLE INFORMATION: Each Night you may choose to Hide (all Night actions against you fail). You may not hide on consecutive Nights.
WIN CONDITION: You Win if all killers are dead and at least one Innocent is alive.

PLAYER: Quagmire
NAME: Atticus
DESCRIPTION: When the going gets tough, the tough get going... or hide under sleeping bags.
ROLE INFORMATION: Each Night you may choose to Hide (all Night actions against you fail). You may not hide on consecutive Nights.

PLAYER: mlaker
NAME: Dracula
DESCRIPTION: You vant to suck their blood. But only a little. You're harmless, honest. You just want to see what markers you can taste.
ROLE INFORMATION: Each Night you may choose a target and taste that Player's blood. You will learn that Player's blood type.

PLAYER: Maverick
NAME: Blank Green Card
DESCRIPTION:
ROLE INFORMATION:

PLAYER: Mastermind of Sin
DESCRIPTION:
ROLE INFORMATION:

PLAYER: Fletcher
DESCRIPTION:
ROLE INFORMATION:

PLAYER: spork76
NAME: Point Whore
DESCRIPTION: Mmmm. Points. You've just
got
to get more than Fishbulb.
ROLE INFORMATION: If you have less MeMeMeet points than Fishbulb, you may investigate one Player to determine whether they are Mafia. You may only use this ability once during the game.
WIN CONDITION: You Win if all killers are dead, at least one Innocent is alive, and you have more points at the end of MeMeMeet Mafia than Fishbulb.

PLAYER: Atticus
got
to get more than Thesp.
ROLE INFORMATION: If you have less MeMeMeet points than Thesp, you may investigate one Player to determine whether they are Mafia. You may only use this ability once during the game.
WIN CONDITION: You Win if all killers are dead, at least one Innocent is alive, and you have more points at the end of MeMeMeet Mafia than Thesp.

PLAYER: Yosarian2
got
to get more than Fletcher.
ROLE INFORMATION: If you have less MeMeMeet points than Fletcher, you may investigate one Player to determine whether they are Mafia. You may only use this ability once during the game.
WIN CONDITION: You Win if all killers are dead, at least one Innocent is alive, and you have more points at the end of MeMeMeet Mafia than Fletcher.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:35 am

Post by Quagmire »

good game. i guess that i was put into a precarious position at the end, huh?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:13 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Not like it mattered to you. :)
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:18 am

Post by Thesp »

Wow. Just...wow. Amazing. More thoughts when my mind unravels.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:26 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I thought it was a good game. MBL played well down the stretch. It's a shame he didn't get the win.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:38 am

Post by mith »

Some random notes:

MeMe, Dirge, Fletcher, and Atticus (the roles) all survived to the final day. That didn't even register with me until I was writing the thing up, as I was used to thinking in terms of "Mafia"/"Zombie"/Town.

I really enjoyed days 2 and 3. Thesp had done a good job of setting himself up to get lynched... too good, in fact, because the Zombies predicted him both days (so if he had gotten a majority, he would've become a Zombie rather than fulfilling his win condition), and then Pooky guessed that he was suicidal.

mlaker didn't figure out the Dracula role. You should be able to figure it out from the spreadsheet, but I'll give it a more complete description later.

The Haunt was a red herring. Points could have been won, as mentioned, but none of the players was the Traitor. Given that information, can you figure out how the Traitor could have been stopped?

Pooky's targets were completely random, with the exception that one of his successes had to be innocent; once he got Fishbulb lynched, his targets would have been chosen from the innocents (though he didn't know this).

Neither of the Blank Green Cards (after Fletcher died) sent any choices. Both of them had role abilities.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:16 am

Post by Dirge »

woohoo!

Good game "concerned parents"! ~high fives and pats everyone on the butt~

It drove me nuts that the day couldn't end until RPSUCTDLS was concluded. I'm suprised that the town didn't flip out that LB was one vote away in a situation that was probably lynch or loose.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:38 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Woohoo! Nice going, guys!

Great game, mith. Wish I could've lasted longer.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:45 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm guessing the dracula role was some sort of zombie cop.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:10 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

lousy nonmajority based lynches...

foiled again >.<

was tons of fun every1 =D

I knew I was in trouble when mith aimed me with the message

"I swear, it was random"
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:48 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

Thestatusquo wrote:Being an irratic idiot seems like a nul tell for LB
QFT

told you Dirge was scum... but then again, so was i, so how could you trust me?...

good game, mith... thanks for letting me replace...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”