Open 501: Stacking the Deck of Power (Game Over)

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 474, Mutleyddmc wrote:Where is that quote of chens Tierce. Is it from another game cos you are confusing me
It's from the game I linked earlier.

And Tierce, that's all good and well, but I sort of hoped you'd bring something more interesting to the table. I guess I'll just keep reading your scumgames while I impatiently wait for Christmas morning... Don't bring me socks, Tierce. Bring me glory.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.17havingfitz (4) - Syryana, Tammy, Lazurial, T S O
Lazurial (3) - Chenoan, dragonfly, Mutleyddmc
Syryana (3) - Nachomamma8, havingfitz, Sakura Hana
T S O (1) - The Rufflig

Not Voting (1) - Tierce

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

The deadline is Wednesday, June 12, 2013, at 12:30 AM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2013-06-12 00:30:00).

Moderator CommentsSearching for a replacement for Chenoan...
Last edited by Equinox on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 235, Nachomamma8 wrote:The Former Syrnanas:
In post 85, Syryana wrote:Worst post of the game thus far. Completely defeats the point of a pressure vote if you call it a pressure vote.
Mutley is a troll. Sometimes things he posts are a little lighthearted, random, light to handle. Syryana swung the fuck on that anti-town, hard to read post like a sledgehammer. Town Syryana would want to use opening posts to buddy a bit, troll a bit, do random aggro things and yell at people. But here he attacked a weak player, defended strong players and took two wallposts to do it.
Can't help you with the opening bit, you probably know his Townplay better than I do since I've never played with Syryana-scum and it gets harder to judge when I'm scum and skimming Town posts like wheeee. But I don't think he "swung on it like a sledgehammer". I agree with him that it removes the pressure, but I don't think Syryana was calling Mutley scum from it? (fake edit: actually addressing this on the next post because I want to go through his posts and I don't see an actual reason for that Mutley vote)
In post 235, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 91, Syryana wrote:Oh god, I was trying to forget about that game.

Good point on the quickhammer though, I don't think that two of the three not voting people will waltz in and derphammer like that game, but better safe than sorry.
Tierce he respects you as a player but not this much. He switched over so easily from this target he attacked SO VERY STRONGLY onto a suspect he moved onto before.
"Moved onto before" what? havingfitz was one of his suspects, Mutley was another, he was shifting wagons from L-1 to not L-1.
In post 184, Syryana wrote:Nooooooooooooo, not my Bert!
In post 184, Syryana wrote:Now you're here to spice up my life, I can't do it without you
I call him out for not trolling, he immediately starts trolling. Which is odd timing and he wasn't trolling in the same way he
could
He didn't open Zachyard with trolling, and other than Bert and you, I don't think this playerlist is the trolling/circlejerk kind. He started trolling with you because he admires and likes you and it was the opportunity he had. What do you mean by trolling "in the same way he could"?
In post 186, Syryana wrote:Talk to me, tell my why I'm scum

Tell my why fitz is town too while you're at it
drops this when i ignore him and keeps trolling
he wanted to talk to me and i wasn't playing ball, so he appeases me?
:/ So he's damned for trolling, damned for not trolling you? Did you expect him to keep asking you every single post why he's scum? reads like a trollish post of someone waiting for you to explain why he's scum, and he replied to this very post in . Asking for you to explain your reads is not appeasement.
In post 188, Syryana wrote:You haven't done anything for me to get paranoid about, except where you're calling fitz town
nah.
nah. if he just didn't feel like trolling, it would mean we weren't on the same page because he was being weird.
and he would say "sorry nacho i wanted to have a cool towngame". instead, he called me paranoid but took absolutely zero position on me and that was boring, lame, scummy. The trend towards easy lynches wasn't good. I didn't like the transitions from easy lynch to sheeping Tierce without real interactions with her like "you're so amazing, Tierce!" or "Tierce, I really wish you were scum but you aren't so we'll have to deal with being town together" etc to trolling with Nacho. None of it has a thought process, and is mostly him just adapting to new threats that come by (first Tierce, then me).
:down:
In post 263, Syryana wrote:Reading comprehension. I didn't call you paranoid; I said you hadn't done anything for me to be paranoid about.
The easy lynches thing would be a good point later in the game; not at this point. Mutley
is
an easy lynch (I believe I said so), but havingfitz isn't, and he changed from an easy lynch to a harder one.

Your case (still) boils down to "he wasn't trolling with me when he should/was trolling when he shouldn't". I'll look at his posts and see if there's actually something there, but your case doesn't convince me.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

(That case was opening up a dialogue with him. The more recent case in #447 is the more interesting one.)
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:36 pm

Post by Equinox »

Mac replaces Chenoan. Thank you!

The deadline has been extended to Thursday, June 13, 2013, at 12:30 AM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2013-06-13 00:30:00).
Last edited by Equinox on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 85, Syryana wrote:
In post 28, Mutleyddmc wrote:VOTE: sakura

Cos I want to pressure her
Worst post of the game thus far. Completely defeats the point of a pressure vote if you call it a pressure vote.
In post 32, Mutleyddmc wrote:Scum here!!!! voting me cos I vote scum buddy!
Why aren't you voting Tierce then?
In post 42, Mutleyddmc wrote:I didnt like the interaction with having fitz. Decided she was scum then.
What about the interaction between Hana-san and fitz did you not like? Why?
In post 86, Syryana wrote:
In post 60, Bert wrote:
In post 38, Tierce wrote:My rather poor scum game would be stooping to a new low if I jumped on someone to protect a scumbuddy.

Why is Sakura Hana scum, Mutleyddmc?
In post 39, Mutleyddmc wrote:Cos I decided she was
:facepalm:
Good callout.
In post 63, Mutleyddmc wrote:Plus its early on. I have no idea who is scum.
Never mind. He's not reaction testing.
In post 87, Syryana wrote:
In post 66, havingfitz wrote:So while I would admit Mutley has been a bit annoying in here, a quick look over some of his other games shows as no surprise....he likes short posts (but is capable of more thoughtful content) and he apparently likes to be annoying.  And he's in the middle of a 5 person speed wagon that I predict has a scum or two on it. 
A quick look at his completed games also reveals that though he likes short posts (and trolling) he also scumhunts, which he has conspicuously not done here.
If you believe there are a scum or two on the wagon, who are they and why?

I don't like
[Mutleyddmc]
because he's not doing anything to try to figure out anyone. I originally thought he might be trolling around reaction testing, but he's not doing anything with reactions, not asking questions, not really doing anything except making noise and dodging people's questions.
In post 88, Syryana wrote:Lord'a mercy. So much to say, so little time. Hmm.
VOTE: Mutleyddmc

My Glade plug-in spoke to me in a loud voice when I got up this morning. Before it died it also mentioned Chenoan and havingfitz.
This is what concerns me--because you're not me, Syryana. I don't look at someone trolling and being useless and think it's acceptable because I'm all
Justice
and
Will
and zealotry and panache and puppies. But
you
are the kind of player who I can't see ignoring this section:
In post 54, Does Bo Know wrote:
In post 48, Mutleyddmc wrote:I meant I like pressure on myself!!
Why?
In post 55, Mutleyddmc wrote:Its fun DBK.
In post 61, Bert wrote:Why do you like giving one-liner replies??

"It's fun" will not suffice, sir!!!
In post 62, Mutleyddmc wrote:Its my way of life???
In post 63, Mutleyddmc wrote:Plus its early on. I have no idea who is scum.
You never even got
close
to it other than mentioning #63 as a reason to think he's being useless and therefore meriting a vote. No comments on it and on the lighthearted, carefree tone in it. Why? In Popcorn Mafia, you (and Nacho) were fine with the uselessness and fluffy behavior from Kerberos. Why is this game different?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 467, Tierce wrote:
In post 451, Equinox wrote:
Moderator CommentsSearching for a replacement for Chenoan...
Can has Regfan?
disappointment incoming. sorry Tierce.

anyhow I am reading and may not get this done until after work so I'll possibly see you all in a few hours
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Post by Mutleyddmc »

In post 475, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 474, Mutleyddmc wrote:Where is that quote of chens Tierce. Is it from another game cos you are confusing me
It's from the game I linked earlier.

And Tierce, that's all good and well, but I sort of hoped you'd bring something more interesting to the table. I guess I'll just keep reading your scumgames while I impatiently wait for Christmas morning... Don't bring me socks, Tierce. Bring me glory.

Less confused now.

Everyone should be voting Chen
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Post by Mutleyddmc »

/mac now
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 477, Tierce wrote:But I don't think he "swung on it like a sledgehammer". I agree with him that it removes the pressure, but I don't think Syryana was calling Mutley scum from it?
There's a double wallpost doing nothing more than attacking Mutley, with some bonus attacks in the third wallpost. That qualifies as an attack in my book, definitely. Discerning his reasons for the vote itself might be difficult because it's mostly bullshit.
In post 477, Tierce wrote:"Moved onto before" what? havingfitz was one of his suspects, Mutley was another, he was shifting wagons from L-1 to not L-1.
Moved on before as in attacked a little bit before. You said "I'm uncomfortable with quickhammers", he immediately agreed and hopped the fuck off. He wasn't afraid of the speed of the wagon before, why would he be afraid of it just because you brought up a game he also remembers? It seems strange he'd forget something like that.
In post 477, Tierce wrote:He didn't open Zachyard with trolling, and other than Bert and you, I don't think this playerlist is the trolling/circlejerk kind. He started trolling with you because he admires and likes you and it was the opportunity he had. What do you mean by trolling "in the same way he could"?
We trolled hard in Popcorn because we were excited as fuck for that game and hoping to roll scum so we could fight against the odds. In this game, we talked about how excited we were to play with Tierce and Tammy and Empire (who sucks), but the Syryana that entered the game was clearly all business. Scumgame is a little less trolly than his town game at the moment because the scumgame takes more work, so the fact that he lost that light-heartedness was a big nasty red flag.
In post 477, Tierce wrote:Asking for you to explain your reads is not appeasement.
yeah this point sucks
In post 477, Tierce wrote:The easy lynches thing would be a good point later in the game; not at this point. Mutley is an easy lynch (I believe I said so), but havingfitz isn't, and he changed from an easy lynch to a harder one.
It was an easy lynch and an easy attack, and the one he intended to stay with until you got skeevy about quickhammers. Fitz, harder target, but he didn't go after him that hard, compared to that attack on Mutley.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 482, Mutleyddmc wrote:Everyone should be voting Chen
You aren't voting Chen.
You also aren't voting for Syryana. What's going on?

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

i'd rather hear from Mac first, and i still dunno about the slot when Chenoan was there, even with Nacho's analysis.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Post by Mutleyddmc »

Lol I forgot I changed to Laz!!!

fuck it have my vote nacho

VOTE: syryana
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:01 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 447, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 263, Syryana wrote:It was a good wall. Besides, after Xylbot, I'm pretty confident I can get a read on you after a couple of Days.
One scumgame and suddenly Syryana can read Tierce in a couple days? And Tierce is fine with this?
Um... no.
D
ays, not days. And yes,
I
know how crappy my scum game is, so I'm fine with it (from both Syryana and The Rufflig).
In post 263, Syryana wrote:I believe nothing is the problem.
This is the majority of Syryana's responses to cases against him. "Nothing is going on, everything is fine here." That's a bunch of bullshit and it shows he's not responding to people who suspect him, he's just dismissing them. When was the last time Syryana actually defended himself? Fucking never.
Out of context. He was saying that havingfitz doing 'nothing' was the problem And considering your case in , I kind of agree with not bothering to defend himself until this point.
In post 263, Syryana wrote:You said the Mutley wagon had scum on it. You never followed up.
When people say that a wagon has scum on it and there aren't followup, that's not a huge deal. Is it?
There should be, especially if people are complaining about being kind of overwhelmed by the game. Focus on what you can--I would expect fitz to do it.
In post 263, Syryana wrote:And now I'm swinging the sledgehammer on your buddy fitz.
Before he was trolling me, having a good time with me... now he has me and my partner pegged as scum. When did his read on me change?
In post 263, Syryana wrote:Reading comprehension. I didn't call you paranoid; I said you hadn't done anything for me to be paranoid about.
That's funny since he's now touting a pretty strong scumread on me.
In post 263, Syryana wrote:I'm pretty disappointed with you, old boy. Trending towards easy lynches? Tierce threatening me? My posts don't have a thought process? Really now. If you're going to chainsaw
your mate fitz
, at least do it properly. This just won't do.
"Oh, you're making points? Not good enough."
Where is Syryana's case on me? That I'm protecting fitz by attacking him?
Talk about something that "just won't do".
I think he was talking about havingfitz/Mutley, not you/havingfitz.
Hold on, I completely
misread
something somewhere. Checking this as soon as I finish this post.
In post 314, Syryana wrote:
In post 270, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 263, Syryana wrote:It was a good wall.
What did
[Tammy]
put in the wall that she couldn't do as scum?
No idea, never seen scum Tammy.
Never seen scum Tammy, zero paranoia.
Wonderful.
This is a terrible point. Why should he immediately be paranoid? I know that Syryana has/had a thing against people being too Town (on D1! That was ridiculous and I am still kind of annoyed, rrf), but I don't think that he should be immediately paranoid of Tammy because she made a wall he read as Town. Sheesh. The tinfoil kingdom is
mine
, tyvm.
In post 314, Syryana wrote:I defended myself against every accusation that had a basis in fact.
Discrediting the arguments that apparently are so horrible but he hasn't tried very hard to actually debunk this whole damn game.
He's blatantly sheeping me at this point while somehow calling you scum, I'll give you that.

I need a little break and then I'll go look through whatever it is that Syryana appears to have on Nacho.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:14 pm

Post by Mac »

Page 1 & 2 summary
  • Nacho 'pressure' wagon. does nothing.
  • fitz-Sakura back and forth
  • Sakura questioning fitz why he didn't vote someone with a vote whilst not doing it herself?
  • Sakura jumps on Nachowagon when pushed by DBK
  • Mutley derp vote
  • Tierce WIFOMy post ("poor scum play" - maybe not WIFOM as much but potentially trying to throw everyone off the trail, if I recall correctly I think she was rather good in Xylbot? while this game & Xylbot may not be comparable in terms of set up I think I was still left impressed by her play in that game)
page 3 & 4
  • Tierce and Mutley interactions are interesting. At first I thought Tierce was town especially for #51 because it seemed like she was trying to get answers from Mutley but my second thoughts are that it could be seen as coaching almost. this is just a gut read however and I'd really need more to go off.
  • Mutley wagon is a go go. Possibly deservedly but it's expected cos usually you get nothing but one liners from him.
  • fitz slows down the Mutley wagon a little by bringing up meta. probably a good thing cos Mutley could still be town at this point
  • seriously sucks. you can't tell someone who to vote for pressure, if Mutley wanted to pressure Sakura he would've and did.
  • Syrnana's catchup posts brought the fact that fitz's predicts there are one or two scum on Mutley's wagon. why? why isn't everyone town who finds Mutley scummy?
  • Syrnana also seems to defend Sakura a little bit in there too.
  • not sure why awestfie has issues with someone on L-2 and I'm not sure why he picked on Chenoan specifically for his vote when there are others on the wagon too, even after he vote
that's probably all for now. I'll continue when I'm home and fire a vote on whoever deserves it.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:15 pm

Post by Mac »

unvote
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 489, Mac wrote:Tierce WIFOMy post ("poor scum play" - maybe not WIFOM as much but potentially trying to throw everyone off the trail, if I recall correctly I think she was rather good in Xylbot? while this game & Xylbot may not be comparable in terms of set up I think I was still left impressed by her play in that game)
Uh... I was appallingly bad in Xylbot.

My scumplay may not be as bad in other people's eyes as I make it (and it is getting slightly better, but Xylbot is
not an example
), yet it is still miles away from my Town play.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 488, Tierce wrote:Out of context. He was saying that havingfitz doing 'nothing' was the problem And considering your case in Post 235, I kind of agree with not bothering to defend himself until this point.
I have the tendency to attack the fuck out of people who know me when they throw out shitty cases. Sometimes I chuckle a bit because it's so paranoid, so town, but being dismissive doesn't seem like a natural response.
In post 488, Tierce wrote:This is a terrible point. Why should he immediately be paranoid? I know that Syryana has/had a thing against people being too Town (on D1! That was ridiculous and I am still kind of annoyed, rrf), but I don't think that he should be immediately paranoid of Tammy because she made a wall he read as Town. Sheesh. The tinfoil kingdom is mine, tyvm.
It's the whole looking at the wall, declaring it town because wall and then not really having any reasoning or not really giving a shit on why it's town that got me. The walls weren't that impressive, that important, they were just there. Syryana isn't familiar enough with either of you to make a declaration like that.

Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Post by Mutleyddmc »

I have no clue what is going on
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:52 pm

Post by Tierce »

Okay, so there is literally no explanation given on Syryana's Nacho scumread. I originally though that #401 was asking me to go read Nacho's case on Syryana (which was already confusing), but it's doing the reverse--and there is
no case
anywhere.

There's puppies. I'll take the puppies. But... what? Is your whole take on Nacho-scum the fact that he is defending havingfitz?

Chenoan next. Nacho I hope you appreciate me doing this instead of Minecrafting.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 494, Tierce wrote:Chenoan next. Nacho I hope you appreciate me doing this instead of Minecrafting.
I'm considerably happier with what's been going on! I feel a lot better than I did about you 2 hours ago, and that's a great feeling because it means the dream is still alive. And if I can see you as town, I can see Rufflig as scum. I think that him going for the whole "town is going for easy lynches in fitz, Laz, and Chenoan" and then his first real suspect is... TSO threw up a lot of red flags (for not giving cases on his reads????). I think that his dismissal of Tammy's townread on me was strange because sure, I can fake emotions, but there was a lot more to get out of that series of posts than Tammy's townread on me. He's also interesting, considering he's given reads before he started reading, but no real reads afterwards.

So the last question is your guess on Rufflig because he's my guess for last scum. If he's not it, something weird is going on.

Thanks for putting up with me so long!
I do see the time you put in today and I really, really needed it.

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:17 pm

Post by Tierce »

Syryana --actually, this is something I missed earlier. Syryana votes Mutley while wanting more Chenoan-Mutley interaction, but Syryana gives no insight and no actual interaction with Mutley himself. He has Chenoan as a suspect, but goes from Mutley to havingfitz and the Chenoan bit stays in the background.
In post 92, Syryana wrote:
In post 90, Lazurial wrote:@Syryana: I agree with the sporadic and irritating questions. I can't say whether he's town or scum, but I've got a better lead on Chenoan at the moment.
Lead on, Lazurial!
I'm stumped here, though. Doesn't seem to make much sense to push a wagon on a buddy if you're not on it. He couldn't have known that Lazurial's push on Chenoan would just melt away when it met some pressure.

They don't seem to ignore each other too much; Chenoan doesn't directly answer Syryana about his reasons for the Mutley vote, but several people had asked similar questions and he addressed the core of the matter.
In post 236, Chenoan wrote:
In post 99, Syryana wrote:If you have no idea what's going on, why/how do you have two town reads? What about my/DBK's play makes you town read us particularly?

Can you go point out the particular posts/reasons you find Mutley to be scummy?
Because you two are the only ones making sense.
This bothers me, especially in light of the Double Day Unlimited game that Nacho linked. It's not something that Chenoan-Town resorts to--he's more capable than that, and I would expect him to have something more than that 130 posts after Syryana's question.
In post 239, Chenoan wrote:Kinda leaning town on Nacho a little bit based on the recent actual case against Syryana... but I dunno how seriously to take that case because so. much. trolling. But it seems really logical and town-oriented.

[...]

Slight scum lean of Syr based on Nacho's argument. My town read of him had slipped slightly as I read on. But. I dunno. This read is really weak. And too dependent on trusting my Nacho read which is also really weak.
To bus, or not to bus: that is the question:
Whether 'tis scumm'er in the mind to suffer
The 'forks and torches of outrageous Townfolk,
Or to take arms against a sea of wagons,
And by opposing end them? To lynch: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand night-time kills
That scum is heir to, 'tis a Nachomamma
Devoutly to be kill'd. To lynch, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to bus...

...Where was I?
In post 239, Chenoan wrote:
TOWNISH

Tierce
Tammy

Does Bo Know

Nachomamma8
awestfie
dragonfly
Sakura Hana

Syryana

Mutleyddmc
havingfitz

Lazurial
SCUMMISH

[...]

But something about the fitz wagon feels really off.
In post 230, Equinox wrote:
havingfitz
(5) -
Syryana
Sakura Hana
Tammy
Does Bo Know
Tierce
?
In post 336, Chenoan wrote:But apart from that most of your
[Syryana's]
defense is just being dismissive and not actually countering anything.
See tone below.
In post 397, Syryana wrote:
The Rufflig wrote:I believe that I can read Syryana fairly well since I've seen him as both town and scum. I thought that Syryana looked town in my initial read through. So, I wasn't looking at him that hard when I started digging into the game. Therefore, I was surprised to find something that I found questionable in his play. His encouragment of Chenoan's wagon without contributing to it struck me as being a little off.
I liked Chenoan for scum at first cause I didn't like how he was blatantly stating he had no clue yet he was still voting and having reads. I asked him some things about it (don't remember if I got replies or not, must go see), but Laz seemed to be onto him too so I let him pursue it and concentrated on fitz. Then I got completely distracted by fitz/Nacho and missed Chenoan's responses. When you brought it up and I went back and checked,
Chen's responses
pretty much dissolved the scumread I had on him.
His responses
to whom? To you? The responses you purportedly "don't remember if you got replies
[to]
or not"? And if it's the responses to Lazurial--how come you are not interested in seeing if Chenoan has ignored/replied to
your
questions?

All in all, I'm confused. Some things work really well as partners, like Syryana's scumread disintegrating once there was no interest in a Chenoan wagon, no interest in following up, and that vaguety vague super-dependent 3000 scumread on Syryana from Chenoan. The tone in some posts doesn't match, though. Tammy--what do you think? You're better at judging tone than I am.

Nachomamma8 wrote:He's also interesting, considering he's given reads before he started reading, but no real reads afterwards.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Post by Tierce »

Oh, I just noticed we have one more day.
Was about to whinge at Equinox for her VC deadline not matching her first post deadline, "so much for Ms. Smooth Operator, etc."--my bad.
Woot!
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Post by Tierce »

Rufflig will have to wait for latermorrow. I've ISO'd him, but nothing really stuck and I've been at this for five hours. I want to hear from Tammy and Mac's catch-up.
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Post by Mutleyddmc »

What do you colours mean Tierce?

Return to “Completed Open Games”