Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Worst role ideas?

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by Elephant Hell »

A while ago I was reading through some of the older games here and I came across FUldu's WORST...ROLE...EVAR Themed Mini game. Ever since then I've been having ideas about intentionally Godawful roles.

So, the question I'm asking is, what are the cruellest roles you can think of (i.e. intentionally bad, not simply hard to understand, clumsily created or confusing etc.)?

One random idea I have is the Morally Conscious Vigilante. Ordinarily they're a normal Vig but they're told that if they kill anyone they'll have to seek justice at the hands of the lynch mob - essentially, get lynched - in addition to the town fulfilling its victory condition in order for the Morally Conscious Vigilante to win. Note: the players I play with/mod for are very trigger-happy. Vigs usually kill on every night (including the first) and for some reason the number of killing roles is increasing in every game so that most roles with any ability have the ability to kill people (even the Cops have become Vigs).

Another idea is the Bribed Cop - they're a Mafia-nightkill-immune Cop (after all, it makes little sense to kill someone who can be bribed and who can get information for them). However, if they go against the Mafia they lose that protection immediately (or perhaps even get killed right away). 'Going against the Mafia' would mean voting against a member of the Mafia or investigating one of them, and the Bribed Cop would be told this; however, because they have to report back to their superiors they can't report Mafia as being guilty, so all Mafia appear innocent to them.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:41 pm

Post by Elephant Hell »

Another few:

Inspiring Cult Master
- inspires his first target to make his own Cult. Has to get recruited into that Cult, somehow get the first Cult Master killed off and get the Cult to win in order to win the game.

Politician
- Yay! Votes! You win if you get the highest number of votes in the game in total, but you must survive too. Beware of your political rivals.

There would probably be about three or four
Political Rivals
(Lynchers) for that role, and the one who casts the lynching vote becomes the new
Politician
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:51 am

Post by Elephant Hell »

GreenLiquid wrote:Maybe there could be a Lights Out 1 like win condition that requires you to be alive to win.
I recently died in a game with this kind of win condition. 'Tis
evil

Anyways:
Suicidal Lovers
- well, one of them is suicidal and wins if the two die. The other wins if they both survive. Possibly with some sort of condition where if either of them dies of grief the suicidal lover can't win.
Suicide Cult Leader

Each Night he recruits a new player. Every Night he has to kill off one of his own cultists.
However you cannot recruit and kill the same person at the same time.
You win when the cult is in the majority.
I actually used that role in one of my games with a few changes...
I had a similar idea called the
Suicide Pact
, essentially a Cult. If the current
Suicide Pact Leader
dies then their ability to recruit is passed on to the oldest living
Suicide Pact Member
(i.e. the one who has been recruited for the longest period of time). Recruitment is mandatory and if the current leader fails to send in a target for recruitment each night the entire Suicide Pact is modkilled. The Suicide Pact can only win if all members die (although they lose if they die to the aforementioned modkill or if they get endgamed).
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:21 pm

Post by Elephant Hell »

You are the
Blind, Deaf, Mute, Comatose and Fully Paralyzed Terminal Cancer Victim
. You win no matter what happens, but everyone will be really patronising about it.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Elephant Hell »

Paradoxical Innocent
- you have no abilities. You win if you lose, and you lose if you win.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:45 pm

Post by Elephant Hell »

TheEyeOfMordor wrote:How does he vote then?
I had an idea like this - I even have a role PM written without the letter 'e' (except a small note at the bottom to explain the restriction). If I actually used that role 'e' would be allowed in names, but they would have to find some other way to show that they want to lynch people, such as
Kill:
or
Lynch:
, although the former could easily be misinterpreted.

However, Ghyrt's version allows the letter 'e' in voting.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #558 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Elephant Hell »

You are the
Depressed Philosopher
. There is no God, all humans are merely objects, all your actions are pre-determined and eventually the universe will collapse in on itself as every physical law fails and breaks down leading to the complete destruction of everything that has ever and will ever exist, rendering every single action you ever take completely and utterly meaningless as no-one will ever remember it in the horrifying cosmic void as the universe dies a slow, and for any remaining living creatures torturous, death. You cannot win.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #564 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Post by Elephant Hell »

You are the
Spiteful Doctor
. You hate people. You really, really hate people. There was a time when you actually wanted to help them, and that was why you became a doctor. That time passed long ago. Now you just want to make people suffer. As such, to spite the town, each night you
must
target another player to kill. Because you're a doctor you know everything there is to know about stalking people at night (usually to help them, but this time to kill them) and you know how to kill people in ways that can't be stopped due to your knowledge of healing techniques and medical procedure. As such, your nightkill will always succeed, regardless of whether your target is protected or bulletproof.

However, if there's one thing you hate more than people it's people who get in your way. As such, if anyone tries to role-block you or otherwise interrupt your work you'll kill
them
instead...and then, ujust to spite them, you'll actually protect the player you tried to kill. You'll be filled with such rage if someone tries to stop you from killing that you won't remember if that's what happened at night or not.

You win when all threats to the town are dead and at least one pro-town player is still alive, because you really want to piss people off in addition to your rampant tendency towards violent murder.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (isolation #8) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by Elephant Hell »

Mirth wrote:Aside from sounding like Becker (minus the homocidal sprees), that just sounds like a forced kill Vig, and not too sucky for the person having the role. What does he investigate as?
Well, he's an Overeager Super-Vig who literally can't be stopped until he's killed. Maybe a post restriction that he has to make one reference to brutal, gory murder in each post (three if he votes or unvotes) would make things worse? He'd also investigate as guilty, due to being a homicidal maniac. Might be fun to have in a game full of ordinary Doctors.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #642 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:24 am

Post by Elephant Hell »

You are a
Duck
. Your quack won't echo, so nobody may quote you. If anyone does quote you they will be immediately mod-killed.

You are a
New Father
. I'm having a baby, and it's yours.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1558 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:58 am

Post by Elephant Hell »

You are the
Moderator's Special Friend
. You can break any rules you want, you cute little thing. Just be sure to come back to my house later for some...candy.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1576 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:29 pm

Post by Elephant Hell »

You are
not explained whatsoever in this role PM
. You have your role abilities and restrictions, and you win when you win.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1703 (isolation #12) » Thu May 28, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Elephant Hell »

You are a
Suicide Cult Master
. Each night you may recruit another player into your Cult, regardless of their alignment. You and your recruits only win if
all
players are dead at endgame.

Notes: if they ever get into a position in which a regular Cult would win (e.g. Cult majority with no killers alive) everybody bar Survivors loses.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1752 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by Elephant Hell »

Gadsby
is your ID. A posting bind this PM contains, and it is yours. Fail to follow it and pain will occur. You win with your town.

I have actually used this before, but it died before the game started.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”