Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Worst role ideas?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by Elephant Hell »

A while ago I was reading through some of the older games here and I came across FUldu's WORST...ROLE...EVAR Themed Mini game. Ever since then I've been having ideas about intentionally Godawful roles.

So, the question I'm asking is, what are the cruellest roles you can think of (i.e. intentionally bad, not simply hard to understand, clumsily created or confusing etc.)?

One random idea I have is the Morally Conscious Vigilante. Ordinarily they're a normal Vig but they're told that if they kill anyone they'll have to seek justice at the hands of the lynch mob - essentially, get lynched - in addition to the town fulfilling its victory condition in order for the Morally Conscious Vigilante to win. Note: the players I play with/mod for are very trigger-happy. Vigs usually kill on every night (including the first) and for some reason the number of killing roles is increasing in every game so that most roles with any ability have the ability to kill people (even the Cops have become Vigs).

Another idea is the Bribed Cop - they're a Mafia-nightkill-immune Cop (after all, it makes little sense to kill someone who can be bribed and who can get information for them). However, if they go against the Mafia they lose that protection immediately (or perhaps even get killed right away). 'Going against the Mafia' would mean voting against a member of the Mafia or investigating one of them, and the Bribed Cop would be told this; however, because they have to report back to their superiors they can't report Mafia as being guilty, so all Mafia appear innocent to them.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Some ideas:

Innocent Killer
: A lyncher who's target is a confirmed innocent. This could possibly coincide well by making the confirmed innocent in question a jester.

Infiltrated Mafia
: Four players told they are mafia, but also told one of them is an independantly winning SK (not told who). The SK cannot NK any of the mafia.

Hammah Slammah
: Player who is forced to hammer whenever they see an opening, and not allowed to tell this to others (not really enforcable though, so only use this if you're playing with honest people).
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:28 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Losing Townie:
You lose. You do not attempt to lynch mafia during the day because you are dead. You have no night actions because you are a townie and you are dead. You do not win unless you are alive at the end of the game, which you will not be because you are unable to be revived in any manner or form.

Catch-22 SK:
You are unable to kill unless you have already killed somebody. You win when you have killed somebody.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:32 pm

Post by Jack »

mikeburnfire wrote:
Catch-22 SK:
You are unable to kill unless you have already killed somebody. You win when you have killed somebody.
LOL

That's a great role.

Leonardo Da Vinci
: All of your posts must be written backwards. In Italian.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by Thok »

Looking for a cure SK

You are an SK. You have no immunities to investigations or nightkills. You do not have a night kill. You only win if you can convince somebody to say the word psychologist, which will turn you into a protown miller. Any hinting at this win condition will result in a modkill/loss for you.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:41 pm

Post by Elephant Hell »

Another few:

Inspiring Cult Master
- inspires his first target to make his own Cult. Has to get recruited into that Cult, somehow get the first Cult Master killed off and get the Cult to win in order to win the game.

Politician
- Yay! Votes! You win if you get the highest number of votes in the game in total, but you must survive too. Beware of your political rivals.

There would probably be about three or four
Political Rivals
(Lynchers) for that role, and the one who casts the lynching vote becomes the new
Politician
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:24 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

James Bond with Extreme Jaw Ache (a.k.a. Lurker):
You have the ability to investigate players (sanity guaranteed), protect them, and kill them, and may do all three every night. However, you have such bad jaw ache that if you post once the pain will overwhelm you and you will die.
#greenshirtthursdays
TheEyeOfMordor
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:56 am

Post by TheEyeOfMordor »

Suicide Cult Leader

Each Night he recruits a new player. Every Night he has to kill off one of his own cultists.
However you cannot recruit and kill the same person at the same time.
You win when the cult is in the majority.
I actually used that role in one of my games with a few changes...
In the name of Mark Lazarus....
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

GreenLiquid wrote:
Infiltrated Mafia
: Four players told they are mafia, but also told one of them is an independantly winning SK (not told who). The SK cannot NK any of the mafia.
Didn't we basically have that role in Cultural Revolution mafia?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:05 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Remind me to come back here after Bastard Mod is over...
Retired as of October 2014.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:32 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

GreenLiquid wrote:
Innocent Killer
: A lyncher who's target is a confirmed innocent. This could possibly coincide well by making the confirmed innocent in question a jester.
Heheh. The tricky thing is how do stack it so that the target is confirmed, without the town doubting it? Making him a mason doesn't really do it. He'd have to have some power that there's no way scum would possess.
Hammah Slammah
: Player who is forced to hammer whenever they see an opening, and not allowed to tell this to others (not really enforcable though, so only use this if you're playing with honest people).
The problem is he might not get online in time to hammer, even if he's honest.

I can see it working fine like this though: Once someone gets to -1, and it's not the Hammah guy, and the Hammah guy isn't already voting that person,
GAME EVENT
where the mod describes Hammah guy finishing him off by some means. Chainsaw maybe. Or sucks out all his blood like a vampire does. I wouldn't post restrict him at all then.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kelly Chen wrote: Heheh. The tricky thing is how do stack it so that the target is confirmed, without the town doubting it? Making him a mason doesn't really do it. He'd have to have some power that there's no way scum would possess.
Or else just do it like the "innocent child" in Open Role Mafia, and have the mod just tell the town that the person is a good guy before the game starts. :D
The problem is he might not get online in time to hammer, even if he's honest.

I can see it working fine like this though: Once someone gets to -1, and it's not the Hammah guy, and the Hammah guy isn't already voting that person,
GAME EVENT
where the mod describes Hammah guy finishing him off by some means. Chainsaw maybe. Or sucks out all his blood like a vampire does. I wouldn't post restrict him at all then.
Eh, that proves the role, though; the point is to just give the person the role and let him go with it.

I don't really see the role being a problem here; "If you ever look at the game and notice that someone is at lynch -1, you must hammer them." Sure, a dishonest person could mess it up, but most people on mafiascum would just do it, no problem. Heck, some people play like that anyway. ;)
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Primate »

CPE actually had that "Innocent Killer" role in a game he modded. The target was a player who could send a PM to the mod, who would then confirm him as an innocent in-thread. Killer ended up being recruited by the scum, and the target was night-killed soon after, which was a shame. Ruined all the fun.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:58 am

Post by mole »

You are the town
Corpse
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:15 am

Post by mith »

You are a Mason with mole and...
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:24 am

Post by mole »

That's what I said.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:35 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

You are the town Corpse.
That would be perfect, considering some mods have an 'NPC' die at the start as flavor, they would take the NPC's place (so they might be the mayor or something).
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:39 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Restricted Cult

Plays like a normal cult, but all members gain the same post restriction (and a pretty obvious one, too).

The Inhibitor

An un-nightkillable player. As long as he is alive, the game cannot end. He also can't tell his power to anyone. This might go well if you had some survivors in the game too.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:41 am

Post by IH »

A mafioso that wins with the town.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:42 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Maybe there could be a Lights Out 1 like win condition that requires you to be alive to win.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:45 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

A mafia member who must have his partners die in a specific order before he can win?
#greenshirtthursdays
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:49 am

Post by IH »

Celebrity Deathmatch Fighter

You only win when you find your opponent. You cannot post at all, and can only daykill. Your daykill has a 25% chance of working. If your opponent is killed by someone other than you you automatically lose, including lynching.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Zindaras »

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
18. Hypnotist
You are a
Hypnotist.
Each night, you can hypnotize a player into thinking they’re strong enough to withstand any attack…making them immune to not only one night kill, but all for that night! The effect wears off by morning, however, and you can’t target the same player twice.

You may not choose to hypnotize yourself…the consequences could be dire however, as no one will be able to snap you out of it…

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Mod Notes: Hypnotizing people has the sad effect of turning them into
The Brainwashed Cult
members. The Brainwashed Cult thinks that the Hypnotist is their cult leader, but in reality, he is not cult aligned. The Brainwashed Cult members may speak amongst themselves at night. They cannot talk to the Hypnotist. Lynching the Hypnotist will not break apart The Brainwashed Cult. Culting players who are not town aligned fails.

I put this one in a game. I've also seen a Mafia Don who would kill his buddies and win by himself if the Mafia would win and he was still alive, a Silent Ghost who couldn't post and had an anonymous vote, and a couple of other ones.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vig with a Persecution Complex: Every night, if anyone voted for you, you must kill one of the people who voted for you during the day. If no one voted for you during the day, you may not kill anyone at night.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:51 am

Post by HackerHuck »

False Messiah

The first time the mafia puts an FOS or vote on you, you're lynched.

After your death, you become the acting mod. Since you don't have the mod's notes, you can only play based on what you've learned from the game and any night action PMs you get.

If anyone in the town figures out that you don't know what you're talking about - by passing you an incorrect night action, calling out some rule you failed to enforce, or voting for you, then you suffer a fall from grace and the real mod takes back over.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”