Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3475 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Post by Serene »

In post 3470, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:is this the head that thinks bulba is town and this wagon was just an experiment
It is - but the reluctance to claim is pure scum, so I'm on board Bulbascumnix.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3476 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:52 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 3455, BulbaFenix wrote:
In post 3446, Rift Adrift wrote: ok. how about games more representative of town-you than the games syr played with you?
Going to give you a few based on certain reasons:

Amurika Mafia - Part of me wants to say that this isn't representative and that I've grown, but it keeps coming up, so the game is still an integral part of my meta.

True Love - Was Lovers with Bo. Might give you an idea what I'd look like in a hydra.

Newbie 1349 - I'm town. Fenix is scum.

Also, I'm not sure how much you've read Voided yourself Ffery. And I'm not sure what Syry took away, since he was scum. There are some representative plays in there that might help, and while it wouldn't work well with only Jungle Republic to compare it to, hopefully with these other games, you can get a better feel for my town play.

-Bulba
Your play is so much more interactive and even playful in those games. Your playstyle has really changed.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3477 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

VOTE: Bulbafenix
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3478 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

For some reason I'm only getting three posts then huge blank space for the last few pages.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3479 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

In post 3478, Baby Spice wrote:For some reason I'm only getting three posts then huge blank space for the last few pages.
Don't worry you're not missing much. Serene says vote Bulbafenix.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3480 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 3471, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 3465, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:if you really want me to sheep you on bulba i'm cool with that
fery.
No. I don't want you to sheep me. I want you to help me figure this out. And if I'm wrong I want to be convinced I'm wrong.

Babel-17
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3481 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:12 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

In post 3453, Shadi1337 wrote:What's going on? Oh just Serene spamming again, cya tomorrow.
For fuck's sake...

This isn't the super involved and motivated town shadi I knew.

Hey vig, free addition to your viglist.
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3482 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 3468, Cephrir wrote: I am fully capable of providing a reads list and have an opinion on ever player in the game right now, even if it's null. I was leaning town on Ank until the claim, which made me less sure. Brian is null for me off the top of my head. I may respond to particular points in the way you describe but that doesn't mean I don't have opinions. I'm not the type of player to shout all my reads to the heavenes constantly so that no one forgets any of them- I make it clear when I have a strong read one way or the other, though, and will step up to defend those reads. The only really strong reads I've had thus far are orci (town), Zdenek (town), you (scum), thirdkoopa (scum, pre-hammer fiasco). I'm close to adding RA and Crabd to the town list and had Letters/Bro/Shadi as stronger scum reads than I currently do at points in the past. If you think it's scummy that I haven't been offending anyone or taking a lot of strong stances, you have not done even a half second of meta on me.
If you are so capable about providing reads, or even talking about your reads, why aren't you doing so? Why aren't you using language that echoes what you think of those players? If you're town, you'd want to share such things with the town, but you have not, and have been very wishy washy with said reads. And no, I'm not going to meta you, because I don't have the time and don't feel like it.
In post 3468, Cephrir wrote: I wrote ONE POST where I was starting to rethink my stance on you. I did not say "Bulba should be lynched" at that time, that's just not true. In my very next post, if I recall correctly, it had been pointed out that something was wrong with the argument I was buying into. Therefore, I returned to my original position.
That's called backpedaling. My entire problem was that you kept your options open to jump on my wagon, because "I believe that it means X (the actual meaning), but others think otherwise, so it must be scummy.". You then immediately backpedaled when BRO and Orcinus deflated the wagon using logic. If that was logical town thought, you would at least have voted, like DOMO did, but you did not, which is scum motivated. And you trying to claim that you're town who just "started to rethink his stance" on me is pathetic, because that obviously meant that you didn't have a strong stance to begin with.
In post 3468, Cephrir wrote: The post you linked to does not demonstrate me distancing myself from what I said. Openly suggesting vigging the masons was such a ridiculous idea that I thought it was a towntell that someone would suggest it. While we're at it, all I do in that post is say I got a towntell off orci, and you immediately accused me of buddying him.
You weren't buddying Orc? You told Serene to "stop badgering orc, he's clearly town.". That's clearly you trying to get on Orc's good side, i.e. buddying. And just from that, there was no indication of you supporting vigging Dramonic. But you ended the post with "Please note that this post does not actually condone vigging dram.". This looks like you got nervous and didn't want to be associated with the idea, i.e. distancing.
In post 3468, Cephrir wrote: It's obvious that you don't understand how buddying works.
Pretty sure I do, since I just described it. Nice attempt to discredit, btw.
In post 3468, Cephrir wrote: You claim to have explained it detail why it's bad but all you've said about that post is "look Ceph's not contributing he's not contributing look how unhelpful this post is". That is literally the opposite of a detailed explanation, and when I've asked for one (e.g. how this post is any worse in that regard than any arbitrary post) you have had no argument. You have yet to present an argument for how I'm not contributing to this game other than "You're not contributing to this game". It's complete bullshit.
So I never explained what was wrong with that post? Then what did I do here:
In post 3311, BulbaFenix wrote: It wasn't random at all. I saw you make a completely useless post, and pointed it out as such, knowing that others would be able to see what was wrong with it. When asked about it, I expanded on the point, and explained exactly why the post was filler. You see, that post did absolutely nothing conversation-wise. The first part did absolutely nothing, as it was more curt than a "Look in my ISO", thus unnecessary. The rest of the post looked at the slapfight between Kuribo and Ank. You said that you could see the point, which essentially was giving you room to jump on the wagon later if it really took off, but that you didn't think it was valid. This is essentially the equivalent of checking in a Poker game. It does absolutely nothing. You then restated something that others in that discussion had already said, that only having one mason in a reads list was not a scumtell. That's it. No original opinion whatsoever. Your post served no purpose whatsoever, other than to look like town who was contributing to the conversation.
Misrep me and lie again. I dare you.
In post 3468, Cephrir wrote:
In post 3321, BulbaFenix wrote:4.) He's buddying up to other players, particularly DOMO.
If arguing with your case is buddying DOMO then sure, I'm buddying him all day and all night.
Again, you needlessly defended him and answered a question directed at him in order to get on his good side. Even DOMO recognized it.
In post 3468, Cephrir wrote: In what universe is arguing that your case isn't any good because look at all these ways your argument is bad not disproving it? What's even the distinction here? How can I prove anything in a mafia game without a flip? This point might as well be a bunch of random letters, it's a completely meaningless accusation.
You were not arguing against the merits of my case. How is this:
In post 3180, Cephrir wrote: How dare you agree with or suggest sheeping the essentially confirmed town, Calcifer! :roll:
arguing the merits of the case? This is discrediting what I said! Pure and simple. That quote was in response to me asking Calcifer for their case on me, and noting that they were buddying Serene really badly (something they've been trying to do since Mastin's AtE d1). That was not deserving of a response from you at all. You jumped in there, discredited everything I said, which essentially was saying "Don't worry Calcifer. I've saved you from the big bad Bulba...". In fact, that entire post was you ruining whatever reactions I would have gotten and discrediting me in such a way as to make you look better. It's a scum move.
In post 3180, Cephrir wrote:
In post 3321, BulbaFenix wrote:6.) Going to condense this into one point instead of multiple: He is tackling this game from a scum mindset, rather than a town one.
I can't argue with blanket statements, I guess people will have to read the walls and decide for themselves on that one......
You're obviously not paying attention too much. I accidentally submitted the case before I was done with #6. Here is the complete point:
In post 3323, BulbaFenix wrote: 6.) Going to condense this into one point instead of multiple: He is tackling this game from a scum mindset, rather than a town one. This can be seen in the fact that he is viewing the game more as a popularity contest, rather than a search for scum, which is survivalistic. It is more important for him that people like him. As such, he doesn't want to lynch scum, only those he does not like, and thinks others should do the same (i.e. not scumhunting, but perpetual mislynching). He thinks that having people on your side is more important than finding scum, and uses that as a way to induce guilt ("I'm not going to defend you. How do you feel about that?"). All of these things are things that scum care about, rather than town. He's scum, and he's reflecting his motivations onto others when he addresses them, and it betrays his actual motivations in return.
In post 3180, Cephrir wrote:
In post 3321, BulbaFenix wrote:7.) He's actually being incredibly overt with the fact that he's scum and is toying with the town, daring us to come after him. This can be seen in his hypothetical to DOMO ("If I was buddying you, and I'm not saying that I am, how would that be scummy?"). He's not content with just playing mindgames with town. He wants to openly mock us. And for that, I don't want to just lynch him. I want to crucify him, then set the corpse on fire, all while we dance around the flames, and Kuribo reads him his last rites. After that, I want to mount his head on a pike as a warning to all future arrogant scum.
This point is worse than point 5, if that's even possible. Why in the sweet merciful fuck would I do this? Like anyone who actually reads this paragraph will recognize that it's preposterous, I don't even know why you bothered to write it or thought this would be convincing.
You would do this, because you think you can get away with this. This is actually the most important point of my case. One on which I will expound on at a later time.

Rift, now that you've seen Cephrir's response, thoughts?

Also, I believe Rift's vote still puts us at L-2.

@Mod: Can we have a vote count please?

Anybody who votes before we get a vote count is admitting they're scum and should be lynched tomorrow.

-Bulba
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3483 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

I can't take this anymore.

Babel-17
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3484 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

You might need this.

-Bulba

Embrace the dissonance.
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3485 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:10 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

Now I believe you were going to talk to us about Cephrir.

-Bulba

Embrace the dissonance.
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3486 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 3483, Rift Adrift wrote:I can't take this anymore.

Thanks for the gif... I've been doing this with Serene's line of "logic" a LOT.

Embrace the dissonance.
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3487 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 3486, BulbaFenix wrote:
In post 3483, Rift Adrift wrote:I can't take this anymore.

Thanks for the gif... I've been doing this with Serene's line of "logic" a LOT.
-Fenix... Derp...

Embrace the dissonance.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3488 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:47 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Vote Bulba

I agree with Orc on the scum theatre comment.
In fact it reminds me of, well, me in a lovers multiball game bussing my partner.
Worked for a while too.

That should be L-1.

Bloody phone, had to do the factory settings thing.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3489 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:42 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

bulba claims
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3490 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:18 am

Post by Shadi1337 »

Do we have intend to hammer depending on his claim?
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3491 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:18 am

Post by Shadi1337 »

I never really saw Bulba that darn off-setting tbh. I can live with a lynch on him though.
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3492 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:58 am

Post by Serene »

In post 3488, Baby Spice wrote:
Vote Bulba

I agree with Orc on the scum theatre comment.
In fact it reminds me of, well, me in a lovers multiball game bussing my partner.
Worked for a while too.

That should be L-1.

Bloody phone, had to do the factory settings thing.
Now, this is a scum vote.

BS is not on the same scumteam as Bulba.
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3493 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:00 am

Post by Serene »

In post 3490, Shadi1337 wrote:Do we have intend to hammer depending on his claim?
Please. Stop removing pressure from claim. Mind you. We've already totally blown this claim situation.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3494 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Metal Sonic replaces Marquis.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3495 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:02 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 2-10

(as of Post 3494)

BulbaFenix (10)
- DOMO, Cephrir, KingCrabd, Thirdkoopa, Calcifer, Metal Sonic, Zdenek, Serene, Rift Adrift, Baby Spice
Ankamius (3)
- StubbsKVM, The Goat, dramonic
StevieT92 (1)
- BROseidon
Thirdkoopa (1)
- Shadi1337
Zdenek (1)
- Brian Hollywood
Marquis (1)
- Ankamius
BROseidon (1)
- StevieT92
Cephrir (1)
- BulbaFenix

Not Voting (2)
- orcinus_theoriginal, TMTOLBTWNTOF

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch

Deadline:
Wednesday, July 24, at 9am Central Time

Replacing:

Brian Hollywood
The Goat

Prods:

Ankamius
StevieT92

V/LAs:

DOMOJuly 22
BROseidonJuly 22
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3496 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:20 am

Post by BROseidon »

Okay, I'm back. Have another game that's taking priority right now and I'm at work, but I'll try to catch up and get everything sorted by tonight.
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3497 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:59 am

Post by Serene »

Save yourself some work and hammer BFenix.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3498 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:01 am

Post by BROseidon »

I didn't think he was scum before I went V/LA, though :(

But it looks like I won't get the support for a Stevie wagon, either. I'll read and hammer if I drop him into the null-scum range, I guess.
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3499 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:02 am

Post by Shadi1337 »

In post 3481, KingCrabd wrote:
In post 3453, Shadi1337 wrote:What's going on? Oh just Serene spamming again, cya tomorrow.
For fuck's sake...

This isn't the super involved and motivated town shadi I knew.

Hey vig, free addition to your viglist.
It's hard to stay motivated, guess it's a mix of the 100 pages of nothingness and the high player amount.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”