Best Role Ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #989 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 am

Post by mastin2 »

I seem to recall EpicMafia uses something similar.

Butyeah, I think that'd be called a cop-mason.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1013 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:46 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1012, Amb wrote:Dear _________, you are the human target. You win alone. You win, if all remaining power roles target you simultaneously at night. In the event that no power roles remain alive, and you are still alive - you also win.
So basically, the goal's to become a lightning rod, and if impossible, revert to survivor?

Seems like it'd be hard, but definitely a cool idea.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1023 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:09 am

Post by mastin2 »

Here's a neat little role idea I cooked up:
You are a
Mafia Negative Utility Role Inventor

Each night, you may target a player. They are given a one-shot negative utility role of your choice. You can only use each invention once. Your inventions are
  • Miller:
    The targeted player will show up as guilty the next time a cop targets them.
  • Suicidally Compulsive:
    The targeted player must take a night action the following night. If they are unable to do so, they will instead shoot themselves.
  • Paranoid Gun Owner:
    The next time the target player is targeted, they will kill the person targeting them.
  • Busdriver:
    The next night, the targeted player will select two players. Actions targeting one of those players will target the other player, and vice-versa.
You win with the mafia.
Some mod notes, to clear up confusion:

-All of these inventions are received during the end of the current night phase, meaning they activate the
following
night phase.

-The miller and PGO are one-target deals. That means if two cops target the millerized player, only the first sees the miller as scum; the second cop would see the miller as town. (Well, assuming the target IS town. :P)
Same deal for the PGO: the first role targeting the player will die, but any additional roles targeting the player will be fine. This is resolved via NAR; in the case of a tie, the person who submitted first will die.

And this only lasts for the night they are targeted. The millerized player will continue to be a millerized player until they
are
investigated by a cop (and it has to be a cop, not a rolecop), and after that (even if it's the same cop), they'll appear normally. (Meaning, these two abilities are not specific to night-after-receiving; they're carried until nullified.)

-The busdriver is technically compulsive, even though it's not called as such.

-The Suicidally Compulsive modifier can act as a delayed second nightkill for the scumteam, if it targets a player who cannot perform a night action during the night they have the invention. (Meaning, it'll auto-kill VTs, and can kill X-shot roles who're out of shots, and also kill Non-Consecutive/Odd/Even roles if they have to use an action during a night they can't actually take an action.)
This suicide will override bulletproofs, however, it will not override protections. (BGs/Doctors can save the player from shooting themselves.) Note that the suicide attempt can also be roleblocked, and this will still use up the negative invention. So, a player can be saved by a BG, Doctor, Roleblocker, or Jailkeeper.

I certainly think it's a neat idea. Might be a bit strong, but certainly has a lot of uses as a mafia role.
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Mafia Discussion”