he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:48 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Blatantly wrong attacks?

Look. You claim to be a role-blocker.

You claimed to be suspicious of Klebian going into night four. You claimed to have blocked Klebian. And then there were no night-kills. And instead of going after Klebian, you went after Masterchief, the
easiest lynch in the entire game

And I know you. You attack people for the smallest of things: you don't even need reasons. You can push lynches without even giving reasons. Considering you are telling me you were in the mindset of Klebian being scum going into Night Four and then walking away with the being no kills, I:

DO NOT BELIEVE THAT YOUR FIRST REACTION WOULD BE ANYTHING OTHER THAN GOING AFTER KLEBIAN. PERIOD.

In addition, for one confirmed scum you have had the chance to comment on, your analysis was that "Twito has not struck you either way". You know as well as I do that that's a
major
scumtell.

Furthermore, you have not claimed until Day Seven of the game, despite the fact that you had pertinent information which may have helped the town make better decisions much earlier if you are being truthful.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

In fact, here's your first substantive post of Day Four:

Post 533.

What did you say there?
Glork wrote:I've re-read the game a couple of times overnight...
And that your short list going into night was:
1.) PJ
2.) Masterchief

No mention of Klebian. Not one! You then summarily ignored my conversation with Klebian, and instead pursued Masterchief (Post 570: "Guys, why isn't MC dead yet? Seriously. Dude needs killed today."). Even if you were wavering on Klebian, considering that you had previously suspected him
and
blocked him on a night with no kills, there is practically
no reason
should not have took that opportunity to attack him.

Your next substantive post makes even less sense. It is found here, Post 617. What do we find here?

1.) Glork points out that Nightson has been lurky. And Glork has continually said he thinks Space Monkeys were probably lurky. And yet Glork continually finds ways not to vote for Nightson.

2.) Fritz is leaning *slightly* town. His reason for this is that "Nightson and StD are better bets". StD has turned up town... and once again, Glork has found a way not to go after Nightson.

3.) "Twito hasn't struck me either way". The rest of his paragraph isn't even
about
Twito, but instead rambles on directly into MC. It makes it look like he's making a large comment on Twito, when in fact he is using that paragraph to comment on MC. So not only does Glork not take a stance on Twito, but he directly shifts the topic to MC at the same time. Scum scummity scum scum.

4.) Here's a big one:
Glork wrote:Klebian does not strike me as being a scumbag at this time, but I want to read over all of his posts again. I thought he was a SpaceMonkeyTown earlier, which is why I wanted him lynched, but I obviously need to reassess my post-revelation opinion on him.
Does this sound like somebody who had just blocked Klebian the night before on a night with no kills?

Answer: No. Because it didn't happen.

He then says he will take a closer look at Klebian. And not even based off the fact that he claims to have role-blocked him on a night with no kills. His next post, found Post 621 is where he finally tries to cast suspicon on Klebian (for buddying up with me, no less).

Actually, hold it.
Glork, Post 621 wrote:Traitors are generally recruited when targeted by a scumgroup, so there's no need to assume that you'll be killed instead. I would have come to the same conclusion if I had a Traitor/Soldier role (Note: This is not an indication one way or another whether I am a Soldier or not; just saying, this is how I would have interpreted it as well.)
Care to explain this statement? You claim to have come this conclusion regardless of the fact that you do not have a Gorilla Soldier role.

Tell me. Were you told if you were a Traitor? Were you told if you were lost? Were you told if you could be recruited? Were you told if you had weapons? I want to see a better paraphrase of what you're claiming.

Considering the information Glork claims to have had, he was being
awfully
light in his post against Klebian. I just don't believe it.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

And actually, I just realized why I've been so annoyed with the whole "why do
you
think there wasn't a nightkill on Night Four?" conversation.

It is awfully reminescent of Verbose 2 Mafia. I could not come up with an explanation for the lack of kills in that game either. It turned out the reason in Verbose 2 was because the Mafia group had a quota they couldn't surpass in terms of nightkills. That was an explanation that never even once had crossed my mind. The same could be true of this game. It's not my job to explain why
I
think there wasn't a nightkill on Night 4, because the fact is I might still be thinking too much inside the box, trying to connect reasons to roles and explanations I have seen in the past. The best explanations we could come up with led the town down all sorts of wrong paths, and wasted valuable time since we were working under deadlines.

I'll deal with the information that I
know
, instead of information that I have to guess at. We can find out why there wasn't a nightkill when the game is over. Right now, I am more concerned with the fact that I think Glork is lying.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by klebian »

Huh. Well, let me read through today's conversation. But, I just want to say, to PJ: regarding your last post, it seems as if you're taking the stance of not speculating at all on the lack of n4 kill. While there shouldn't be anything wrong with this, I was 'blocked' n4. Thus, unless you don't believe glork is a rb (which is true), you should at least be considering whether I really am scum and glork actually blocked me and thus stopped a scum kill. Although this doesn't affect you, really, as you say that you don't believe glork, I hope that someone else won't take this same stance as well unless they also don't believe glork.

Also, I'd like dahen+fritz to get some opinions into this too.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:10 pm

Post by klebian »

Actually, another thing.

Glork:
Why do you think thok was not killed night 5?
Why do you think he was not killed night 6?
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:40 pm

Post by klebian »

Glork wrote:
PJ wrote:
Day Four:
I was right! Klebian is scum, because I blocked him last night after calling him scum and there were no nightkills!

Oh WAIT. That
never happened
. Imagine! Instead, what we have is this:

Day Four:
Despite the fact that I suspect Klebian, and I blocked him last night, and there were no kills, let's lynch Masterchief! After all, he is arguably the absolute easiest person to lynch in the entire game, and the most likely person to not be paying attention whatsoever!
I have also addressed this. I was very hesitant to rely on my block, and I had simply changed my mind about my late-D3 suspicion of Klebian.
But the thing is, what you are being attacked for is going entirely against how you play. Normally, you would take this slight bit of information and if not attack me, at least consider the possibility that I was scum. You say that you blocked me, there was no kill, and you changed your mind. This
completely
defeats part of the purpose of roleblocking in the early game; you block someone and when there is no kill, you consider that they may be scum. I understand, you bring this up now because we are past all claims, and there is no other feasible explanation for no n4 kill. However, you should know that mods are always coming up with new ideas. The idea for this game itself is pretty un-ordinary. Don't you think it's possible that there's something that resulted in a n4 no-kill? And what do you think will be the result of speculating on masterchief's role? We'll all 'agree' on the most feasible role for him and lynch players as a result of that? There are tons of roles, and plenty of room for new ideas here as well. You say an ensign has no medical expertise. Well then, does a captain have roleblocking expertise? And does a lieutenant have investigative expertise? I don't see the consistency here. Thus, even if we were all to give our ideas for mc's role, and someone tally up the votes and we all decide that mc was that such role, I think we'd really be dumb if we based our play on that. So, in effect, I agree with pj that although there's nothing
wrong
with speculation, there's not too much that a consensus will give us.

Oh, and:
Glork wrote:
PJ wrote:you "understood" the twist of the game much too soon
Along with 2-3 other players, as I seem to remember explaining earlier? You didn't get it. Numerous other players indicated that they did get it, Dahen, Klebian, and Nightson included.
Nope. Wrong.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:54 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

klebian: 1 (Glork)
Glork: 1 (petroleumjelly )

Not voting: dahen Fritzler klebian VitaminR

With 6 on the bridge, it will take 4 to push someone out of the airlock.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:20 am

Post by dahen »

Time to read-up after the week-end. Lots of thoughts. But I really need an answer to this one.
Klebian wrote: While there shouldn't be anything wrong with this, I was 'blocked' n4. Thus, unless you don't believe glork is a rb (which is true)
Are you saying that you got notified of Glork blocking you?
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:51 am

Post by klebian »

I put that in apostrophes, to indicate that I was
claimed
to have been blocked.

Oh, and I might as well explain the "which is true", because that may cause confusion as well. I meant, that PJ doesn't believe glork is a rb, so [the rest of my post] follows.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:04 am

Post by dahen »

Ok. But I'm not satisfied with the "which is true"-part. What exactly is true?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:05 am

Post by Glork »

PJ wrote:Blatantly wrong attacks?
Yes. When you attack me because my N5 block of Fritzler makes no sense, your attack is inherently flawed. Regardless of whether I were lying or not, I did not block Fritzler N5. When you attacked me for the inconsistency of thinking Klebian was Pro-Town at the end of D4, your argument was equally flawed. If you're going to base your attacks on trying to point out contradictions in my actions and words, you
cannot
blatantly misstate what I thought or did.

Now, if you do not think that I had that stance to begin with, you should be attempting to undermine
that
point, not attacking me for something I never said. That is what was upsetting me; you seemed to be doing it over and over again, and I got the distinct impression that you weren't paying attention to what I was saying at all. You were just spouting words and going "Glork's scum, Glork's scum, Glork's scum!! DIEDIEDIE!"
PJ wrote:Care to explain this statement? You claim to have come this conclusion regardless of the fact that you do not have a Gorilla Soldier role.

Tell me. Were you told if you were a Traitor? Were you told if you were lost? Were you told if you could be recruited? Were you told if you had weapons? I want to see a better paraphrase of what you're claiming.
I was basically told that, in the confusion on the ship's bridge, I had gotten separated from the other Gorillas. I was told that I had gotten lost, but I was not explicitly told that Gorillas were searching for me. I was also told that I had no weapons. However, having special officer training, I had the ability to convince other primates to stand down and take no action at night.

I thought about the possibility of me being a regular "Traitor," and that's actually what I defaulted to. However, with (then) recent games such as Committee Mafia and Covert Ops Mafia weighing heavily on my mind, sometime during D2, I began to lose the certainty that I was a "Traitor."

After the claim, when you said that you were "waiting to be found" by the Gorillas, I completely disassociated my role with Traitor/Soldier; I equated those two terms exclusively. When I said "if I'd had a Traitor/Solider role," I meant the traditional powerless Traitor role. I don't really think of a "Mafia Roleblocker who doesn't know his allies' identities" as being a "Traitor," especially considering I didn't know whether anybody was actively searching for me.
Klebian wrote:Glork:
Why do you think thok was not killed night 5?
Why do you think he was not killed night 6?
Here's what I think happened:
N4, the Mafia targets Thok. He survives. They decide that Thok was probably doc-protected, so they start looking elsewhere.
D4, Thok claims a bunch of innocent results, and the scums start targeting them, possibly hoping to hit a Doctor.
On N7, they probably decided that they had to take another shot at Thok, no the off-chance that the non-death was not caused by a Doctor. As it turns out, it seems as though they were right.
Klebian wrote:Oh, and:
Glork wrote:Along with 2-3 other players, as I seem to remember explaining earlier? You didn't get it. Numerous other players indicated that they did get it, Dahen, Klebian, and Nightson included.
Nope. Wrong.
Erm... you indicated that you understood before the end of Day Three. Unless I got PJ's definition of "getting it too early" wrong, I do think you fall into that category.

Dahen: I think that Klebian was saying "which is true" to "PJ doesn't believe Glork is an RB." That seems to be the most logical explanation to me, anyway.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:08 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

I hate this game.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:08 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Glork, read through Nightson/VitaminR. Tell me what you think.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:10 am

Post by Glork »

petroleumjelly wrote:Glork, read through Nightson/VitaminR. Tell me what you think.
Two exams on Wednesday; that will have to come until later this week.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:37 am

Post by Fritzler »

klebian wrote:
Glork wrote:
PJ wrote:
Day Four:
I was right! Klebian is scum, because I blocked him last night after calling him scum and there were no nightkills!

Oh WAIT. That
never happened
. Imagine! Instead, what we have is this:

Day Four:
Despite the fact that I suspect Klebian, and I blocked him last night, and there were no kills, let's lynch Masterchief! After all, he is arguably the absolute easiest person to lynch in the entire game, and the most likely person to not be paying attention whatsoever!
I have also addressed this. I was very hesitant to rely on my block, and I had simply changed my mind about my late-D3 suspicion of Klebian.
But the thing is, what you are being attacked for is going entirely against how you play. Normally, you would take this slight bit of information and if not attack me, at least consider the possibility that I was scum. You say that you blocked me, there was no kill, and you changed your mind. This
completely
defeats part of the purpose of roleblocking in the early game; you block someone and when there is no kill, you consider that they may be scum. I understand, you bring this up now because we are past all claims, and there is no other feasible explanation for no n4 kill. However, you should know that mods are always coming up with new ideas. The idea for this game itself is pretty un-ordinary. Don't you think it's possible that there's something that resulted in a n4 no-kill? And what do you think will be the result of speculating on masterchief's role? We'll all 'agree' on the most feasible role for him and lynch players as a result of that? There are tons of roles, and plenty of room for new ideas here as well. You say an ensign has no medical expertise. Well then, does a captain have roleblocking expertise? And does a lieutenant have investigative expertise? I don't see the consistency here. Thus, even if we were all to give our ideas for mc's role, and someone tally up the votes and we all decide that mc was that such role, I think we'd really be dumb if we based our play on that. So, in effect, I agree with pj that although there's nothing
wrong
with speculation, there's not too much that a consensus will give us.
I really agree with this analysis, but without another valid reason for the lack of a ngiht kill i tend to believe glork. I don't buy the recruiting traitor idea. It would be a bad move of stoof. With us vanilla townies that think we're traitors, stoof wouldn't do that

i need to re read glork's posts, its on my to do list
Surfs up dude.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by klebian »

I believe that this quote of mine has been horribly misinterpreted.
klebian wrote:Well, day 3 has convinced me to take on a different mindset for the rest of the game.
What I meant here was, I have been convinced to take on a different mindset regarding wagoning. I could've freely hammered CES, but I decided not to because I didn't like the case against him. However, when someone else freely hammered him, I was convinced that I would not feel any shame in hammering anyone for the rest of the game.

I DID NOT have any clue as to the gorrila vs monkeys thing at that point. I was confused, which shows in my first post of day 4: "Dang. And to think I was happy when CES turned up monkey, because I was the only one not wanting to lynch him." I have a feeling this will also be misinterpreted, so I'll translate this too: I was happy that CES turned up SMTown because I was the only one opposing his lynch and I felt that the other SMTownies would consider me on the side of SMTown because I was the only one opposing his lynch.

@Fritz: You just 'really agreed' with my analysis, and then went completely in the opposite direction of what I just said to believe glork.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by Fritzler »

klebian wrote:@Fritz: You just 'really agreed' with my analysis, and then went completely in the opposite direction of what I just said to believe glork.
i agree with what you said and its a good argueent, but without another reason for the lack of a kill, i don't think we should lynch anyone other than klebian
Surfs up dude.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:54 pm

Post by klebian »

But I just spent a post explaining that there are numerous reasons for a lack of a kill. Are you really so naive to think that Stoof didn't come up with some other role? And really, Mastercheif's role itself is a solid enough reason for a lack of a kill. Cmon.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:47 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Post 494, Thok definitely gives off the impression that he was aware of Traitor roles looking to be recruited (direct reference to Verbose 2 Mafia). Thok also had a power role, and Glork is claiming to be a power role, except he is claiming that he was
not
told of the ability to be recruited by scum.

Also, the fact that Nightson also "got it" doesn't help, seeing as I'm of the opinion that you and Nightson/VitaminR are scum.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:05 pm

Post by dahen »

Well, Glork made it quite clear long ago that he wasn't a regular Gorilla Soldier. So it's no surprise that he claims something else. I can see him as a blocker and I can think of an captain as a blocker.

But I have two problems with you Glork:
1. You have stated several times that Ensigns can't possibly be docs. With the certainty of which you've said that, I'm surprised that you didn't claim as soon as MC's role was revealed. Because at that point you must have thought that you had nailed Klebian as scum, right?

2. Your recent more detailed claim. I am not going to point out any details, but it simply matches my own quite badly.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:47 pm

Post by Glork »

klebian wrote:I believe that this quote of mine has been horribly misinterpreted.
klebian wrote:Well, day 3 has convinced me to take on a different mindset for the rest of the game.
What I meant here was, I have been convinced to take on a different mindset regarding wagoning. I could've freely hammered CES, but I decided not to because I didn't like the case against him. However, when someone else freely hammered him, I was convinced that I would not feel any shame in hammering anyone for the rest of the game.
I mentioned you understanding "before the end of the day" waaaaaay back on Day Four (Post 686). Why did you not correct me back then?

petroleumjelly wrote:Post 494, Thok definitely gives off the impression that he was aware of Traitor roles looking to be recruited (direct reference to Verbose 2 Mafia). Thok also had a power role, and Glork is claiming to be a power role, except he is claiming that he was
not
told of the ability to be recruited by scum..
Thok did not in any way say or indicate that he was told of the ability to be recruited. Given the same information, I find it absolutely reasonable that Thok would arrive at the "Traitor who gets recruited" conclusion whereas I would not. Thok was not in Covert Ops Mafia, and he was not in Committee Mafia. I wouldn't expect him to deviate from the traditional idea of being a Traitor, even given the exact same role PM wording. Do you feel strongly otherwise?

dahen wrote:But I have two problems with you Glork:
1. You have stated several times that Ensigns can't possibly be docs. With the certainty of which you've said that, I'm surprised that you didn't claim as soon as MC's role was revealed. Because at that point you must have thought that you had nailed Klebian as scum, right?
This doesn't make any sense.
I thought that an Ensign couldn't possibly be a Doc. This means that I
still thought that there was a Doc out there somewhere
. I don't understand how you're making the jump from "Ensign is not a Doc" to "There is no Doc in the setup."
dahen wrote:2. Your recent more detailed claim. I am not going to point out any details, but it simply matches my own quite badly.
Oh? This piques my interest greatly. Please point out the differences you see between my claimed flavor and the flavor you claim to have in your role PM.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:38 am

Post by VitaminR »

klebian wrote:But I just spent a post explaining that there are numerous reasons for a lack of a kill. Are you really so naive to think that Stoof didn't come up with some other role? And really, Mastercheif's role itself is a solid enough reason for a lack of a kill. Cmon.
This is what I'm struggling with too. If MC was a doc, would he have claimed it? He would have definitely done that if he was a roleblocker. The problem that I also have with a doc role is that SpeedyKQ's death seems to imply the ship doesn't have a doctor any more. That doesn't really leave many plausible roles for Masterchief.

PJ, you still haven't really given any concrete reasons why Nightson/me is scum. You let the debate lie last time that I addressed your points and now you've gone back to assuming I'm scum.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by klebian »

Glork: I must say I didn't see you say I had understood. Just bad skimming on my part.

Vitamin; if MC was not a vig, then SpeedyKQ was a red herring. I think we're good to assume Speedy was a red herring.

I don't really know if MC would've claimed if he was a roleblocker. He was, after all, GorillaScum (in his mind). I think that he would've gone the same way he did regardless of his role (which I consider a roleblocker still a possibility).

And "That doesn't really leave many plausible roles for Masterchief. " If you're going to assume this, then please read my arguments that I have posted regarding this. I have directly said that there are plenty of roles that he could have -- what does plausible mean in this game's context?

Vitamin: Your post seems to be from the point of view that you believe glork. Noted.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

VitaminR, it's hard to give a "concrete case" against somebody who was lurking, staying away from discussions, not giving any solid opinions, and ultimately needed replacement. I just feel that you're scum. The fact that Nightson has been so utterly useless and detrimental and yet
was never really attacked
(I would consider him a fairly easy target) by either CES or Twito, or even Glork to a large extent (who I believe to be scum), is sealing the deal to me that:

Scum were
avoiding
attacking Nightson because he is
scum

The wagons on Nightson always seemed to deteriorate without explanation. The voting patterns and the feel of this game tells me you're scum, and now the person I think you're scum with [Glork] is essentially refusing to vote for you.

I don't care which of you two is lynched today, because I'm fairly certain
at least
one of you (specifically both) is scum. And here's a fun note:
If there are two live scum, they can force the town to use
all four
of our collective votes in order to lynch even
one
of them, since it takes four to lynch.

I am almost to the point where I am going to make an ultimatum that I will not vote for anybody other than either Glork or VitaminR today. This would (of course) mean that the only possible scum that could be lynched today would have to be within {Glork, VitaminR}, since any other candidate would
necessarily
have to garner one vote from scum if the town plans on lynching scum at all.

This game just got a little funner. *eats banana* Teehee!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by Glork »

Okay, I'm sick of studying, so I'm taking a break to do a PBPA on Nightson. Posting thoughts as they come to me, then I'll reflect in a subsequent section/post.

Nightson evidently didn't have much grounding in his initial posts. His first post was part of the Page 1 MBL-wagon. His next several posts came a few days later, and none of them seemed very serious. He voted Phoebus, called Glork/Phoebus scum, switched to StD, then spammed "OMG SCUMZORZ" at me.

Post 120 is the first post of interest to me; he tells MBL that "jokes aren't scummy" after MBL had accused him of being scum for accusing me of being scum. I actually find MBL's stance more strange than Nightson's. I am a jokester, and I certainly do not find them to be scummy. Furthermore, I always thought of MBL as a mild prankster himself, so when he says "one joke is ignorable, two is significant," I don't put much weight into that.

Post 124 == red flag. Nightson seems to go beyond just "what, I was making harmless spam" to insinuating that he was trying to get discussion going. Nine out of ten times, I hate that kind of attitdue, and this is no exception. The "it's not my fault nobody commented on my StD vote" is also a bit odd.

After like 10 days of forum downtime, Nightson seems to shape up. I don't think this indicative of anything except possibly that he was just feeling spammy earlier

Post 176, he pressures Bird for not defending himself and instead choosing to defend me. States he doesn't think inHim is scum, and holds a mild suspicion of StD. Reasons would have been nice, but long-winded explanations have never been Nightson's MO.

Raises suspicion level of inHim, but maintains that he wants to keep pressure on Bird.

Post 244: Unexplained jump to MBL. Whatever happened to pressuring Bird until he moved his vote?

...and Post 260 provides an answer. Can't really argue with Nightson's stance there... still doesn't explain why he's voting MBL, though

Post 291 seems quite "meh," as Nightson offers a very weak defense for himself.

Hammers Bird in 308 about 12 hours before deadline. I guess Lynch > No Lynch...

Post 367: Doesn't like wagons on PJ, inHim.

No other posts on D2. No posts on D3.

Pops in early in D4 to say he understands the revelation in Post 529.

Post 603, votes for MC after MC claims to be a Space Monkey, saying he did something similar in Dr. Who Mafia.
Remind me to go check Dr. Who to see what exactly Nightson did.

...and once again, Nightson provides in his next post (622. Okay, so what I'm getting from this is that Nightson did in fact do the *EXACT* same thing when confused about alignments. He claimed to be a "good guy" character, not realizing that everybody knew that "good guys" were scum. Oops.

Post 645, "I was gone and couldn't log on."
Cross-referencing Nightson's posting habits (All on-site posts by Nightson) with the time period during which D3 lasted (Dec 28 to Jan 03), I see that Nightson didn't make a single post on MS during that time. So that seems to check out.

And then Nightson is sick, which I absolutely won't doubt.

One more relevant post, Post 749. He basically says that he thinks Glork did one thing scummy by casting suspicion on PJ. He says he's bad at number-crunching, and he says he finds Fritzler to be most suspicious.

One more "I'll try to post" post, and then boom. He's gone.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”